Ed Dolan ... Portrait of a TROLL!!!

JimmyMac

Sep 27, 2006, 2:28:01 PM9/27/06
"I think there are good trolls and there are bad trolls. It goes
without saying of course that I am a good troll" ... Ed Dolan (in his
own words).

NO ... there are just Trolls. There is nothing either explicit or
implicit in the definition of a troll that can possibly be misconstrued
as good. GOOD TROLL is an oxymoron. The American Psychiatric
Association considers the internet troll personality to be a mental
disorder. Is there anything good about that?

Trolls are often socially disenfranchised, devoid of interpersonal
interaction skills. They generally have no substantive connection to
the cyber-community they troll and view the internet as a convenient,
delocalized communication conduit for their bizarre anti-social
behavior. The internet is their cyber-playpen ... a mirror into which
they can gaze in narcissistic rapture. A troll delights in upsetting
people and creating discord. Trolls post inflammatory, rude,
offensive, repetitious messages deliberately crafted to annoy,
antagonize and infuriate or to disrupt the flow of discussion. Trolls
post attention-seeking, provocative messages hoping to bait and entice
other users into angry and/or fruitless responses. Trolls are
impervious to criticism. One cannot negotiate with a troll. One
cannot cause a troll to feel shame, compassion or remorse. Trolls do
not feel that they are bound or constrained by rules of courtesy or
social responsibility. When one tries to reason with a troll, the
troll wins. When one insults a troll, the troll wins.

Here are just but a few trademarks of the internet troll that are
exemplified by Ed Dolan...

off topic messages (most everything)
cross posting (a tool often employed)
racist, sexist, classist comments (too many examples to even cite)
messages expressing unsubstantiated opinions as though they were facts
not requiring proof or evidence (extremely common practice)
messages containing a self-referential appeal to status (commonplace,
but recent wine vs beer comments comes to mind)
politically contentious messages (attacks on liberals come to mind)
attacking another's point of view and generally affixing a label to the
person attacked (frequently employed tactic)
attempt to make one's personality the center of every discussion (ARBR,
Usenet, the universe ... his "GREATNESS" knows no limits)
deriving perverse pleasure from causing frustration, anger and pain
(only one of several assumed motives)
Self-proclaimed trolls suggest that trolling is their way of improving
forum discussion ("housekeeping" rationalization rhetoric comes to
mind)
enjoys the knowledge that they waste others' time at comparatively
little effort on their behalf (cut and paste boilerplate is an
indication of this)
self-promotion (no comment should even be necessary)
feigning to be a misunderstood humorist (commonplace)
deliberately using ambiguous language to obfuscate meaning
(commonplace)

If the above cited elements sound like a portrait of Ed Dolan, it very
well should. His own words betray his malicious intentions ... "I am
merely a gadfly buzzing about this group ever striving to create some
mayhem". With each and every post, Ed Dolan replenishes his identity
as ARBR's quintessential TROLL.

Trolls crave attention, be it positive or negative. The one thing that
a troll can't accept or tolerate is to be ignored. There is wisdom in
the often cited advice ... Please don't feed the troll. Perhaps it
would be best then to ignore the obnoxious, geriatric juvenile ... head
swollen Ed Dolan. In the greater scheme of things, he matters not. He
is insignificant and irrelevant.

For additional information about trolls, I refer you to the following
links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/5/15/19332/5961

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Sep 27, 2006, 3:04:18 PM9/27/06

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anyone reading this crap? I sure am not. Jim needs to investigate what a
stalker is since that is what this is all about.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

JimmyMac

Sep 27, 2006, 6:38:03 PM9/27/06

You must have read it or are you in the habit of responding to posts
you don't read??? The conundrum continues!!! If you want to know what
this is about, you need only read the title of the posting. It's about
you. It's about trolls. Its about synonyms (read Dolan = TROLL)!!!.
I just learned that I lost a very close friend to pancreatic cancer. I
just don't have time for your bullshit right now.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Sep 27, 2006, 7:18:58 PM9/27/06

> Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

>> Anyone reading this crap? I sure am not. Jim needs to investigate what a
>> stalker is since that is what this is all about.
>
> You must have read it or are you in the habit of responding to posts
> you don't read???

Yes, I am to your posts! I can tell where you are going in just a glance.

The conundrum continues!!! If you want to know what
> this is about, you need only read the title of the posting. It's about
> you. It's about trolls. Its about synonyms (read Dolan = TROLL)!!!.
> I just learned that I lost a very close friend to pancreatic cancer. I
> just don't have time for your bullshit right now.

But you don't know anything at all about trolls. Ed Gin was a troll, the
only one ARBR ever had. You are a stalker, the only one ARBR has ever had. I
am merely Great - and a Great Saint to boot.

Pancreatic cancer is a killer. I wonder how you get it?

JimmyMac

Sep 28, 2006, 2:15:48 PM9/28/06

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
> >> Anyone reading this crap? I sure am not. Jim needs to investigate what a
> >> stalker is since that is what this is all about.
> >
> > You must have read it or are you in the habit of responding to posts
> > you don't read???
>
> Yes, I am to your posts! I can tell where you are going in just a glance.

You are in denial, deliberately opting to deprive yourself of the very
information that you fear ... truth ... a portrait of what and who you
are ... TROLL!!!

> The conundrum continues!!! If you want to know what
> > this is about, you need only read the title of the posting. It's about
> > you. It's about trolls. Its about synonyms (read Dolan = TROLL)!!!.
> > I just learned that I lost a very close friend to pancreatic cancer. I
> > just don't have time for your bullshit right now.
>
> But you don't know anything at all about trolls. Ed Gin was a troll, the
> only one ARBR ever had. You are a stalker, the only one ARBR has ever had. I
> am merely Great - and a Great Saint to boot.

You are clueless. It bears repeating ... Ed Gin has nothing to do with
this and you fail to recognize what a troll is. How can an atheist be
a saint??? The conundrum continues.

> Pancreatic cancer is a killer. I wonder how you get it?

It is a death sentence. I attended the wake last night and the funeral
today and thought to myself why do such nice people like my good friend
Ron get something like this and people like Ed Dolan are spared so that
they can be the cancer of Usenet.

Jim McNamara

perr...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2006, 5:45:51 PM9/28/06
Jim,

Best I've seen yet on a description of Eddie. Accurate! Informative!
Accurate! Eddie is truly a model troll in all facets.

Did I say accurate?

Enjoy,

Perry Butler

PS, of couse to ignore the content of this message Eddie will complain
about top posting. However I am referring to your entire post. Top
posting in this manner is a concept beyond Eddie's limited, failing
comprehension.

Jeff Grippe

Sep 28, 2006, 7:19:05 PM9/28/06

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "I think there are good trolls and there are bad trolls. It goes
> without saying of course that I am a good troll" ... Ed Dolan (in his
> own words).
>
> NO ... there are just Trolls. There is nothing either explicit or
> implicit in the definition of a troll that can possibly be misconstrued
> as good. GOOD TROLL is an oxymoron. The American Psychiatric
> Association considers the internet troll personality to be a mental
> disorder. Is there anything good about that?

<big fat snip>

Jim,

Give it a rest. Ed's words speak for themselves and really don't need
continued commentary. You run the risk of becoming what you claim to detest.
You aren't likely to change Ed's position on anything. The net result of
your battle with him is simply more posts.

On the other hand, if you are having a good time, then by all means keep
doing what you are doing. That is certainly Ed's approach. If you have
concern for the group, on the other hand, then just let Ed be Ed (it isn't
like you can stop him) and move on to other topics.

Peace,
Jeff

JimmyMac

Sep 29, 2006, 11:47:57 AM9/29/06

perr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Best I've seen yet on a description of Eddie. Accurate! Informative!
> Accurate! Eddie is truly a model troll in all facets.

Thanks for the compliment. Ed is about as perceptive as the average
tree stump where he himself is concerned. Though it is all laid out
for him very specifically, he continues to protest that he doesnt fit
the definition even thouh he has at times openly admitted that he is a
troll. I find it amusing that Ed first read the post, then responded
to it denying that he read what he was responding to ... how
incougruous. What a dunderhead.

> Did I say accurate?

You have now. I entitled the post ... "Portrait" for good reason. I
thought that in terms of his functional role, it defined Ed Dolan for
what and who he really is regardless of what kind of a spin he vainly
attempts to put on all this.

Jim McNamara

> Enjoy,
>
> Perry Butler
>
> PS, of couse to ignore the content of this message Eddie will complain
> about top posting. However I am referring to your entire post. Top
> posting in this manner is a concept beyond Eddie's limited, failing
> comprehension.

As concerns top posting though, since I originated the post, by
definition, my post could not possibly be considered top posting.

Jim McNamara

JimmyMac

Sep 29, 2006, 11:54:56 AM9/29/06

Jeff ... you have made some very valid observations. Perhaps I should
heed your advice and my advice in the post that initiated this thread.
Ed Dolan should just be ingored, since responding to him is tantamount
to encouraging him. Since he will no doubt read this, I think I will
seize this opportunity to include the following...

Ed... you are unquestionably the most pompous, most arrogant, most
sanctimonious megalomaniacal parasite to have ever invested the
internet. So the multitude of those whom you have deliberately
offended will know from where your crap originates, please confirm the
following information...

Edward Dolan
1028 4th Ave.
Worthington, MN 56187

(507) 727-0306

Jim McNamara

> Peace,
> Jeff

NYC XYZ

Sep 29, 2006, 12:33:28 PM9/29/06

JimmyMac wrote:

> Jeff ... you have made some very valid observations. Perhaps I should
> heed your advice and my advice in the post that initiated this thread.
> Ed Dolan should just be ingored, since responding to him is tantamount
> to encouraging him. Since he will no doubt read this, I think I will
> seize this opportunity to include the following...

Actually, you should create another flash site like you did last time.
That was so funny I felt slighted you chose him!

> Ed... you are unquestionably the most pompous, most arrogant, most
> sanctimonious megalomaniacal parasite to have ever invested the
> internet. So the multitude of those whom you have deliberately
> offended will know from where your crap originates, please confirm the
> following information...

Are you kidding: have you not met Susan Cohen, Irish convert, while
browsing soc.culture.jewish??

> Edward Dolan
> 1028 4th Ave.
> Worthington, MN 56187
>
> (507) 727-0306
>
> Jim McNamara

What we really need is Usama bin Laden's .vcf, genius!

JimmyMac

Sep 29, 2006, 5:52:12 PM9/29/06

NYC XYZ wrote:
> JimmyMac wrote:
> >

> > Jeff ... you have made some very valid observations. Perhaps I should
> > heed your advice and my advice in the post that initiated this thread.
> > Ed Dolan should just be ingored, since responding to him is tantamount
> > to encouraging him. Since he will no doubt read this, I think I will
> > seize this opportunity to include the following...
>
> Actually, you should create another flash site like you did last time.
> That was so funny I felt slighted you chose him!

You must be referring to Jeff ... not me. I think I know what you are
referring to and it was hysterical.

> > Ed... you are unquestionably the most pompous, most arrogant, most
> > sanctimonious megalomaniacal parasite to have ever invested the
> > internet. So the multitude of those whom you have deliberately
> > offended will know from where your crap originates, please confirm the
> > following information...
>
> Are you kidding: have you not met Susan Cohen, Irish convert, while
> browsing soc.culture.jewish??

Can't say as I have, but if there is anyone worse than Ed Dolan, then I
don't want to meet them. By now I thinkg everyone who has read what
I've written over time, knows how I I feel about Ed Dolan, but here is
a brief addendum...

With the multitude that Ed Dolan has so callously disrespected, there
should be no shortage of volunteers for a firing squad, but the caustic
monologue from the "mouth that roared" aptly serves his own personal
character assassination squad. Every time Ed runs his mouth, he
reaffirms the reprehensible impression that he has spawned and
perseveres in forging in our consciousness. Ed Dolan has only himself
to blame for the lowly regard that so many of us have of ... HEAD Dolan
the GRATE - Order of the Perpetual Sorry Asses!!!

Jim McNamara

Jeff Grippe

Oct 1, 2006, 5:46:24 AM10/1/06
Guys!

Live in the kind of world that you want to live in!

What I mean by that is that if you want to continue to criticize your fellow
humans then you will live in a world where hostility abounds and some of it
is going to be directed your way. It doesn't matter who started it or who
deserves it. If you want to live in a peaceful world then the only place to
begin is by being peaceful yourself. The world that you live in begins with
you.

It should be obvious that what you put out is what you will get back. I
don't mean this in some sort of mystical way. I mean that if you put out
anger into the world then you are one more angry person. You get it back
right away by having to be it. That you will get it back from others is
probable.

If you cease to put out anger then you will at least have begun to tame it
within yourself. That you will get less of it from others is probable.

This idea does not work percisely with every individual but generally it
does work.

Be a little selfish and focus on the demons within yourself. You can not
change other people that don't want to change. You can be an example,
however. The demon is not Ed or anyone else that appears to be annoying. The
demon is within ourselves.

One last but important point: I don't mean that you should be emotionless.
It is fine to be annoyed by that which is annoying including someone like
Ed, for example. But you do not have to magnify and intensify that anger by
continual expression. Have it and then let it go. Suddenly someone like Ed
is less annoying. He can say whatever foolish thing he wants to say and you
don't have to be moved by it at all.

Top posted for your enjoyment,

Jeff

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

JimmyMac

Oct 1, 2006, 8:08:00 PM10/1/06

Jeff ... ALL TOP POSTERS ARE ... Just kidding ;^). You have offered
some sound and insightful advice for all, but don't expect it to be
well received by Ed Dolan. I'm thinking a step in the right direction
would be to simply exclude him from one's know universe ... end of the
head swollen, Ed Dolan problem. My particular thoughts in this regard
are as follows...

Usenet is the showcase for Ed Dolan's unrestrained ego ... his
cyber-playpen. Ed has only newsgroups from which to garner a sense of
accomplishment and self-esteem and from which to infuse meaning into
his miserable life. Without the lifeblood of the Usenet newsgroup to
sustain him, Ed Dolan has nothing and is nothing. To ignore him would
be to suffocate him. Ed Dolan once wrote ... "All I ever want to do is
to defeat and humiliate you, but how can I do that if you refuse to
post your idiotic messages. Please show some consideration for the
Great Ed Dolan and post to these cycling newsgroups." Ed constantly
implores the readership to regard him as a role model, so why hot
emulate him. Show him the same lack of consideration that he shows
you. Ignore his advice just as he ignores yours. Don't respond to the
TROLL. Why feel obligated to accommodate someone who wrote of himself
... "I believe I can state with absolute assurance that I am the
Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet
has ever known in its' long and dishonored history"? Even the myopic
dunderhead HEAD Dolan the GRATE should be able to comprehend why a
person with such self-proclaimed attributes and intentions should be
disdained and shunned. The one thing that a troll cannot accept or
tolerate is to be ignored. The time is long overdue for us to give Ed
Dolan exactly what he has earned, what he deserves and what he should
not be deprived of. It is time for us all to completely disregard Ed
Dolan entirely ... to allow him to bask in delusional solitude and to
brave his demons alone!!!

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Oct 2, 2006, 7:21:19 PM10/2/06

> Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

>> But you don't know anything at all about trolls. Ed Gin was a troll, the
>> only one ARBR ever had. You are a stalker, the only one ARBR has ever
>> had. I
>> am merely Great - and a Great Saint to boot.
>
> You are clueless. It bears repeating ... Ed Gin has nothing to do with
> this and you fail to recognize what a troll is...

Ed Gin has everything to do with this thread since it is all about trolls. I
am stating unequivocally that Ed Gin was the only troll this group ever had.
I would like you to compare me with Ed Gin. Once you have done that to my
satisfaction, we will all be enlightened on what a troll is and what a troll
is not.

>> Pancreatic cancer is a killer. I wonder how you get it?
>
> It is a death sentence. I attended the wake last night and the funeral
> today and thought to myself why do such nice people like my good friend
> Ron get something like this and people like Ed Dolan are spared so that
> they can be the cancer of Usenet.

So what causes pancreatic cancer? Every disease has a cause, whether it is
known or not.

Edward Dolan

Oct 2, 2006, 7:38:41 PM10/2/06

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jim McNamara is the only troll and stalker this newsgroup is currently
infested with as he has just proven by posting an address and a telephone
number. I have said this before and I will say it again. Jim McNamara and Ed
Gin truly deserved one another. They are both scoundrels and poor losers as
they do not know how to engage in verbal combat without losing their cool.

Poor Jim mistakes verbal gymnastics for thought where he is ever at a
permanent disadvantage. He is nothing but a stalker and an altogether
pitiful character (but not a sympathetic character). He is without honor,
i.e., a scoundrel. But isn't that pretty much what all newsgroups are just
chock full of. Jim should stick to fiddling with his bikes and leave
intellectual discourse to those of us who can manage it.

By the way, anyone I have ever offended can go fuck themselves. This most
definitely includes Jim McNamara.

Edward Dolan

Oct 2, 2006, 7:55:11 PM10/2/06

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yawn ... I wonder who Jim is talking about, certainly not little old me!

Jim is a case lesson in how a small sensibility can get so offended over
nothing. I refuse to think that he is smart. That is the sum total of it.

Jeff, if you want to reform this very small minded twerp, alI I can say is
that you have your work cut out for you. Even Tom Sherman and Ed Gin (the
only troll this newsgroup ever had) could not stand him. Why? Because he is
the most longwinded bore ever to trod this earth. He thinks he can wear me
down, but he doesn't have a clue who he is up against.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

JimmyMac

Oct 2, 2006, 8:55:06 PM10/2/06
Ed...

This is deliberatley top posted for your enjoyment. Thanks for the
confirmatioon on the address and phone number. I found that
information in another post and re-posted it before reaizing that you
had not posted it, but rather another one of you adversaries had.
Sorry about the inadvertent breach of netiquette. You do tend make
lots of enemies though don't you? It is apparent that you still do not
know wat constitutes a troll and still do not recognize that you fit
the definition rather well. I can't help you with you demial issue.
Maybe your therapist can.

Readers...

Ed Dolan is visually impaired and that's why he can't see what an
obnoxious asshole he is. I suppose everyone can be forgiven for being
a jerk now and then, but Ed Dolan abuses the privilege. Most
everything that Ed Dolan writes is nonsense substantiated by his own
worthless opinion. I've had about enough of Ed Dolan for the time
being. The rest of you can deal with him, but just a word of advice
... ignore the bastard. Don't give him the undeserved attention he
desperately craves. Surely, I could go round and round with him, but
to what end? Ed obviously has nothing better to do, but I do.
Besides, I would only be contributing to the problem by encouraging the
geriatric juvenile. In the dictionary, Ed Dolan's picture should be
placed right next to the word troll. Ed Dolan can persist in denying
that he is a troll, but his denial does not and will not alter reality.
The very content of most of Ed Dolan's posts reaffirm that which
cannot be convincingly denied. The American Psychiatric Association
considers the troll personality to be a mental disorder. Post after

post, Ed Dolan replenishes his identity as ARBR's quintessential

troll and confirms that he is in dire need of professional help.

Jim McNamara

gotbent

Oct 2, 2006, 11:41:53 PM10/2/06

Ed Gin had a web site that was a treasure trove of recumbent bike
information and had an extensive section of hpv fabrications. He was
and is an ardent supporter of recumbancy. He and his fellow recumbant
rider friends were quite courteous to me in my quest to purchase my
first recumbent and when I joined them for a ride along the Fox River,
at least one rider would hang back with me so I would at least
marginally be part of the group ride. Have you ever done anything to
advance recumbancy Ed Dolan?

Jeff Grippe

Oct 3, 2006, 7:03:27 AM10/3/06

"Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote in message

Jim,

We know nothing about Ed other than one of his hobbies. You can take his
postings at face value or not. We only know a persona that has been
presented to us in these groups. Is that Ed? We don't know. It is certainly
a persona that he enjoys exposing to the public.

Ed,

I'm not out to reform anyone. As far as I'm concerned, nobody needs to be
reformed including you. Jim seemed to be a bit too personally invested in
your persona to the point where it was a bit consuming so I said what I
said. It is a road that I've traveled down myself so I'm a little familiar
with it.

Looking back on our many interactions, all I can think of to say, is thank
you. Your persona has forced me to think in a way that people who simply
agree with my opinions do not. You know that I find you irritating at times
but I think I can create a pearl out of that irritation.

I don't know who Ed Dolan is but he is welcome in my world. If I want to
keep posting here, its not like I actually have a choice about that anyway.
So stay or go as you see fit. Wish me well or wish that the terrorists drop
a nuke on me. It doesn't matter. You have helped me continue to develop my
inner strength. So again, thank you.

Jeff Grippe

Oct 3, 2006, 7:17:21 AM10/3/06
> Jim McNamara is the only troll and stalker this newsgroup is currently
> infested with as he has just proven by posting an address and a telephone
> number.

Well this is why some people choose to use names like NYC155 or BikerChic.
It keeps them from having their information made public. For the record, I
think putting your address and phone number in a message was way out of
line. But you and I choose to use our real names which means that anyone can
find information about us and publish it. I'm not taking a stand one way or
the other as you have. I am merely explaining why some people choose not to
use their names.

> By the way, anyone I have ever offended can go fuck themselves.

Why are you only wishing the pleasure of masturbation on those who have been
offended by you? Shouldn't you say "Anyone I have ever offended better not
fuck themselves?" Sometimes you really surprise me Ed.

Jeff "real name" Grippe

JimmyMac

Oct 3, 2006, 12:57:32 PM10/3/06

Jeff Grippe wrote:
> > Jim McNamara is the only troll and stalker this newsgroup is currently
> > infested with as he has just proven by posting an address and a telephone
> > number.
>
> Well this is why some people choose to use names like NYC155 or BikerChic.
> It keeps them from having their information made public. For the record, I
> think putting your address and phone number in a message was way out of
> line. But you and I choose to use our real names which means that anyone can
> find information about us and publish it. I'm not taking a stand one way or
> the other as you have. I am merely explaining why some people choose not to
> use their names.

Jeff, I understand perfectly about the reasons for obscurity although
one cannot post an anddress or phone number unless one can first obtain
it and one can always have their address and phone number unlisted and
unpublished. By the way it was not my address an phone number that
was posted, but Ed Dolan's and I wouldn't have dones so, had I realised
that it was not him but one of his many foes that had originally posted
it.

> > By the way, anyone I have ever offended can go fuck themselves.
>
> Why are you only wishing the pleasure of masturbation on those who have been
> offended by you? Shouldn't you say "Anyone I have ever offended better not
> fuck themselves?" Sometimes you really surprise me Ed.

Oh, Ed won't let this one slide. The very mention of the word
masturbaton sends Ed into a sexual frenzy such that he must channel his
state of arousal into a diversionary tirade of condemnation lest he
succumb to temptation himself. By the way, who would not be included
the group of those that Ed Dolan he has offended???. About the only
person I can think of is Mike Vanerwhatever. I hear the are engaged
to be wed.

Jim McNamara

> Jeff "real name" Grippe

Edward Dolan

Oct 3, 2006, 5:54:17 PM10/3/06

"gotbent" <aitc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Edward Dolan wrote:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > You are clueless. It bears repeating ... Ed Gin has nothing to do with
>> > this and you fail to recognize what a troll is...
>>
>> Ed Gin has everything to do with this thread since it is all about
>> trolls. I
>> am stating unequivocally that Ed Gin was the only troll this group ever
>> had.
>> I would like you to compare me with Ed Gin. Once you have done that to my
>> satisfaction, we will all be enlightened on what a troll is and what a
>> troll
>> is not.
[...]

> Ed Gin had a web site that was a treasure trove of recumbent bike
> information and had an extensive section of hpv fabrications. He was
> and is an ardent supporter of recumbancy. He and his fellow recumbant
> rider friends were quite courteous to me in my quest to purchase my
> first recumbent and when I joined them for a ride along the Fox River,
> at least one rider would hang back with me so I would at least
> marginally be part of the group ride. Have you ever done anything to
> advance recumbancy Ed Dolan?

Ed Gin was apparently a sort of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde kind of character as
he was nothing but a scoundrel and a criminal vandal troll on ARBR. Google
has preserved his criminal trespass on ARBR for all eternity in its archives
if you would care to investigate. Look for the name 'Johnny NoCom.'

By the way, his HPV fabrications weren't worth a damn.

The main thing I have done to advance recumbency is to purchase about a
dozen recumbents over the past 20 years. I think that is quite enough.

Edward Dolan

Oct 3, 2006, 6:15:56 PM10/3/06

"Jeff Grippe" <jgr...@hilldun.com> wrote in message

Now Jeff makes me feel worse than I should. I have stated repeatedly that
all these newsgroups represent for me is fun and games. The minute you are
not having any fun, you should leave. I will leave some day sooner than you
think because I can clearly see that these groups are a dead end.

Jim McNamara represents an interesting case of a sensibility offended. I do
not think he is having any fun, therefore he should leave. All he is doing
is stalking me. I have way too much pride to ever do that to anyone, but
apparently not Jim. I would feel sorry for him if I did not dislike him so
much.

To his credit, Jeff never stalked me. He presented arguments with which I
could disagree to my heart's content. That is always the way it should be
between men of the world. But these newsgroups constantly descend to the
level of childish tantrums. I think it comes from an inability of some to
engage in either ideas or personalities. Their minds and emotions are
permanently anchored at the high school level.

By the way, I just love Jewish preaching. It is the one best thing about
them.

Edward Dolan

Oct 3, 2006, 6:21:32 PM10/3/06

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Nothing but a stalker and a troll. How sad! But the main thing I take
exception to is his longwindedness. How is it possible to be such a bore.
Poor Jim does not have any insight at all.

Edward Dolan

Oct 3, 2006, 6:32:45 PM10/3/06

>> Jim McNamara is the only troll and stalker this newsgroup is currently
>> infested with as he has just proven by posting an address and a telephone
>> number.
>
> Well this is why some people choose to use names like NYC155 or BikerChic.
> It keeps them from having their information made public. For the record, I
> think putting your address and phone number in a message was way out of
> line. But you and I choose to use our real names which means that anyone
> can find information about us and publish it. I'm not taking a stand one
> way or the other as you have. I am merely explaining why some people
> choose not to use their names.

Jeff has his head screwed on straight as always. Actually, no one is ever
really anonymous on the Internet. A little investigation can ferret out
personal information on anyone, no matter how they choose to disguise
themselves. It all comes back to an ISP address.

>> By the way, anyone I have ever offended can go fuck themselves.
>
> Why are you only wishing the pleasure of masturbation on those who have
> been offended by you? Shouldn't you say "Anyone I have ever offended
> better not fuck themselves?" Sometimes you really surprise me Ed.

Everyone knows what is meant by the expression, even Jeff Grippe. Every
other word was preceded by the 'f ' word when I was in the Navy, except the
Negroes preceded every other word with the 'mother f ' word. Very strange to
say the least. Do they have something with their mothers I wonder?

Edward Dolan

Oct 3, 2006, 6:45:30 PM10/3/06

> Jeff Grippe wrote:
>> > Jim McNamara is the only troll and stalker this newsgroup is currently
>> > infested with as he has just proven by posting an address and a
>> > telephone
>> > number.
>>
>> Well this is why some people choose to use names like NYC155 or
>> BikerChic.
>> It keeps them from having their information made public. For the record,
>> think putting your address and phone number in a message was way out of
>> line. But you and I choose to use our real names which means that anyone
>> can
>> find information about us and publish it. I'm not taking a stand one way
>> or
>> the other as you have. I am merely explaining why some people choose not
>> use their names.
>
> Jeff, I understand perfectly about the reasons for obscurity although
> one cannot post an anddress or phone number unless one can first obtain
> it and one can always have their address and phone number unlisted and
> unpublished. By the way it was not my address an phone number that
> was posted, but Ed Dolan's and I wouldn't have dones so, had I realised
> that it was not him but one of his many foes that had originally posted
> it.

See what happens when you lose your cool? You come across dumber than you
are. But the main thing is to acquire some morality. Then you would not make
mistakes like that. But once a Monkey Islander, always a Monkey Islander.

>> > By the way, anyone I have ever offended can go fuck themselves.
>>
>> Why are you only wishing the pleasure of masturbation on those who have
>> been
>> offended by you? Shouldn't you say "Anyone I have ever offended better
>> not
>> fuck themselves?" Sometimes you really surprise me Ed.
>
> Oh, Ed won't let this one slide. The very mention of the word
> masturbaton sends Ed into a sexual frenzy such that he must channel his
> state of arousal into a diversionary tirade of condemnation lest he
> succumb to temptation himself. By the way, who would not be included
> the group of those that Ed Dolan he has offended???. About the only
> person I can think of is Mike Vanerwhatever. I hear the are engaged
> to be wed.

Mike Vandeman and I are the only two intelligent souls ever to post to
Usenet. Otherwise, it is made up exclusively of idiots like Jim McNamara.

By the way, the only purpose for sexual activity is procreation. If you are
otherwise engaged, then you are sinful and a moral cretin to boot. Hey Ma
... look, no brains!

JimmyMac

Oct 3, 2006, 8:33:19 PM10/3/06

What a moron. Morality or lack or morality has nothing to do with
human frailty and our propensity for making mistakes. My biggetst
mistake has been trying to reason with one so unreasonable (read Ed
Dolan). Yor implicaiton is unfounded and cannot be proven. I was an
anti-Monkey Islander fool. How dumb can one person be???

> >> Why are you only wishing the pleasure of masturbation on those who have
> >> been
> >> offended by you? Shouldn't you say "Anyone I have ever offended better
> >> not
> >> fuck themselves?" Sometimes you really surprise me Ed.
> >
> > Oh, Ed won't let this one slide. The very mention of the word
> > masturbaton sends Ed into a sexual frenzy such that he must channel his
> > state of arousal into a diversionary tirade of condemnation lest he
> > succumb to temptation himself. By the way, who would not be included
> > the group of those that Ed Dolan he has offended???. About the only
> > person I can think of is Mike Vanerwhatever. I hear the are engaged
> > to be wed.
>
> Mike Vandeman and I are the only two intelligent souls ever to post to
> Usenet. Otherwise, it is made up exclusively of idiots like Jim McNamara.

I think you just slighted Tom Sherman. My best wishes to you and your
bride.

> By the way, the only purpose for sexual activity is procreation. If you are
> otherwise engaged, then you are sinful and a moral cretin to boot. Hey Ma
> ... look, no brains!

Heard it all before ... boring ... yawn!!!

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Oct 3, 2006, 8:50:08 PM10/3/06

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You ACTED like a Monkey Islander by posting my address and telephone number.
That is all that matters in the final analysis. If you had had any morality,
you would have known enough not to do that. Catechism 101 anyone?

>> > Oh, Ed won't let this one slide. The very mention of the word
>> > masturbaton sends Ed into a sexual frenzy such that he must channel his
>> > state of arousal into a diversionary tirade of condemnation lest he
>> > succumb to temptation himself. By the way, who would not be included
>> > the group of those that Ed Dolan he has offended???. About the only
>> > person I can think of is Mike Vanerwhatever. I hear the are engaged
>> > to be wed.
>>
>> Mike Vandeman and I are the only two intelligent souls ever to post to
>> Usenet. Otherwise, it is made up exclusively of idiots like Jim McNamara.
>
> I think you just slighted Tom Sherman. My best wishes to you and your
> bride.

Tom Sherman hardly ever posts substance anymore. He has relegated himself to
the sidelines, but at least he is not a fool like you are.

>> By the way, the only purpose for sexual activity is procreation. If you
>> are
>> otherwise engaged, then you are sinful and a moral cretin to boot. Hey Ma
>> ... look, no brains!
>
> Heard it all before ... boring ... yawn!!!

Yeah, but it will never sink into that thick skull of yours no matter how
many times I say it.

JimmyMac

Oct 3, 2006, 10:17:25 PM10/3/06

I expressed my regrets explaining that I thought you had initially
posted that information rather than a foe. If you are unwilling to
accept my explantaion ... oh well. Besides you have nothing to be
worried about being the self-porclaimed bad ass that you are.

> >> Mike Vandeman and I are the only two intelligent souls ever to post to
> >> Usenet. Otherwise, it is made up exclusively of idiots like Jim McNamara.
> >
> > I think you just slighted Tom Sherman. My best wishes to you and your
> > bride.
>
> Tom Sherman hardly ever posts substance anymore. He has relegated himself to
> the sidelines, but at least he is not a fool like you are.

Opinion stated as fact ... AGAIN!!!.

> >> By the way, the only purpose for sexual activity is procreation. If you
> >> are
> >> otherwise engaged, then you are sinful and a moral cretin to boot. Hey Ma
> >> ... look, no brains!
> >
> > Heard it all before ... boring ... yawn!!!
>
> Yeah, but it will never sink into that thick skull of yours no matter how
> many times I say it.

I'm not the one who engage you in debate regarding this issue, so you
can save your breath. I have no interest in arguing with you about
your sexual hangups. Closet queens and their sexual proclivites hold
no interest for me.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Oct 3, 2006, 10:53:47 PM10/3/06

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

No, I don't give a good god damn if everyone in the universe knows my
address and telephone number. I do not hide behind user names and proxies
(like Ed Gin). I am open and above board and that is why I am not a troll,
you confounded idiot!

However, I know that you know it was wrong to do what you did, so I am not
going to hold it against you for all eternity.

Oh, for Christ's sakes, just review his posts over the past year and you
will see that he no longer takes on anyone. He has become a purring pussy
cat. As for you being a fool, you can change that any time you want by not
stalking.

>> > Heard it all before ... boring ... yawn!!!
>>
>> Yeah, but it will never sink into that thick skull of yours no matter how
>> many times I say it.
>
> I'm not the one who engage you in debate regarding this issue, so you
> can save your breath.

But you did. Review your own message above.

I have no interest in arguing with you about
> your sexual hangups. Closet queens and their sexual proclivites hold
> no interest for me.

Yes, it is the last refuge of a scoundrel to bring up sexual innuendo. Perry
Butler of Alexandria, Minnesota loves to do this sort of thing too. It must
be just terrible NEVER to get out of the high school mentality.

By the way, those who cast aspersions on others are always guilty of it
themselves. I learned this many years ago when I was serving in the U.S.
Navy.

Jeff Grippe

Oct 4, 2006, 5:49:38 AM10/4/06

"Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote in message
> By the way, I just love Jewish preaching. It is the one best thing about
> them.

Believe me Ed, there are far more Jews who believe the way you do. The stuff
I preach isn't in the old testament.

The Jewish god, according to the old testament was not a nice guy. He may
have loved his people but it was tough love. He was very demanding and not
very forgiving.

It is really the Christians who came up with a vision of a loving and
forgiving god and a path to salvation.

As for me, I don't preach either of those views. My point of view boils down
to "be good now because your life will be more enjoyable now." And while I
can get "preachy" at times, It doesn't matter to me if people listen to what
I have to say or not. It is up to them to make whatever they want to with
their lives.

Meanwhile I enjoy saying what I say just like you do.

Jeff

JimmyMac

Oct 4, 2006, 9:17:00 AM10/4/06

You are in denial. A rose by any other name is still a rose. You fit
the definition of what you are ... a TROLL!!!. Care to take a poll of
the readership in this regard?

> However, I know that you know it was wrong to do what you did, so I am not
> going to hold it against you for all eternity.

Gee, you mean I can sleep nights now???

Newsgroups are not all about confrontation and taking someone on is no
measure of intelligence or quality of contribution, but you have yet to
wrap your feeble mind around that concept.

> >> Yeah, but it will never sink into that thick skull of yours no matter how
> >> many times I say it.
> >

> > I'm not the one who engaged you in debate regarding this issue, so you

> > can save your breath.
>
> But you did. Review your own message above.

Do you not know the differnece between brief satirical remarks in a
single thread and a debate? If not, get someone to explain it to you.

> I have no interest in arguing with you about
> > your sexual hangups. Closet queens and their sexual proclivites hold
> > no interest for me.
>
> Yes, it is the last refuge of a scoundrel to bring up sexual innuendo. Perry
> Butler of Alexandria, Minnesota loves to do this sort of thing too. It must
> be just terrible NEVER to get out of the high school mentality.

Obviously the truth hurts.

> By the way, those who cast aspersions on others are always guilty of it
> themselves. I learned this many years ago when I was serving in the U.S.
> Navy.

You know perfectly well what nonsense this conclusion is. If you
really belive this, then allow me to suggets that you go back an review
your post and recount the many aspersions you have made to assess all
that you are guilty of. This is getting just too easy. Ed Dolan's
logic is so flawed that it is child's play to make him out to be the
fool that he is.

Jim McNamara

trop...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2006, 12:15:19 AM10/5/06

JimmyMac wrote:

> Here are just but a few trademarks of the internet troll that are
> exemplified by Ed Dolan...

You gotta give this to Ed: not many people have both narcissistic
personality disorder and Asperger's syndrome

ed_dolan_jimmy_macnamara

Oct 6, 2006, 3:29:28 PM10/6/06
TOP POST TO FOLLOW!!! READERSHIP IS ADVISED THE BELOW IS PUBLIC
INFORMATION!!!

JAMES MCNAMARA
4863 W. GREGORY ST.
CHICAGO, IL 60630
(773) 282-9874

EDWARD DOLAN
1028 4TH AVE.
WORTHINGTON, MN 56187
(507) 727-0306

A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD IS A FAIR ONE!!!!!

Edward Dolan

Oct 6, 2006, 10:25:53 PM10/6/06

"Jeff Grippe" <jgr...@hilldun.com> wrote in message

Jeff, all Jews without any exceptions whatsoever are natural born preachers.
I think it comes from their religious studies. In any event, I always like
to listen to their preaching. Sometimes I don't think we Christians would
have any morality at all if it weren't for the Jewish influence. Yes,
Christianity was Hellenized, but its roots go deep into the Old Testament.

Edward Dolan

Oct 6, 2006, 10:33:09 PM10/6/06

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> You are in denial. A rose by any other name is still a rose. You fit
> the definition of what you are ... a TROLL!!!. Care to take a poll of
> the readership in this regard?

There is not one person in a hundred who knows what a troll is ... including
you. Ed Gin was a troll and a criminal one at that. I on the other hand am
simply Great.
[...]

> Newsgroups are not all about confrontation and taking someone on is no
> measure of intelligence or quality of contribution, but you have yet to
> wrap your feeble mind around that concept.

Nope, newsgroups are all about contention and nothing else as far as I am
concerned.
[...]