Alleviating the tension: a proposition.

Marconi's Ghost

May 23, 2011, 1:49:47 PM5/23/11
While it's been both appalling and entertaining to watch the Great North
American Pirate War of 2011 continue to drag itself out, I have a
proposition for the pirates affected by this that may help to alleviate
some of the tension the situation has caused.

What has become apparent is that a key part of the issue rests with
communication - or, more specifically, control of the usual outlets by
which pirates and SWLs communicate. To be succinct, it's devolved into
one camp clustering around the forums on hfunderground.org, and another
centered on those found on frn.net. Each side is flinging crap at the
other, and accusations of impropriety are going both ways.

So, my proposition: take the communication to USENET, specifically the
alt.pirate.radio and alt.radio.pirate newsgroups. None of the persons
involved with the administration of those forums have control over these
newsgroups, and whatever needs to be communicated can be so done without
concerns over interference from third parties.

As I see it, this will have one of three effects:

1) Things will calm down somewhat as the air can be cleared without fear
of communication being tampered with or disrupted.

2) Things will stay exactly the same, just being dragged over here.

3) This suggestion will be entirely ignored, and the situation continues
to tragicomically drag itself along apace.

Free USENET access can be obtained through groups.google.com, aioe.org,
or eternal-september.org. Thunderbird
(https://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/) makes for a decent
USENET client.

Up to everyone else as to how they want to proceed, but the option is
out there.

- MG.