evil

1 view

man326

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
"Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted ;
the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the
voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil
to triumph."
~Haile Selassoe

The Sanity Inspector

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
A wonder is often expressed that the greatest criminals look
like other men. The reason is that they are like other men in many
respects.
--Hazlitt, 1822

Bad men do what good men only dream.
--Gavin Ewart, 1968

"man326" <man...@earthlink.net> shared with usenet this thought:

--
bruce

As falls Wichita, so falls Wichita Falls.
--Pat Metheny

Kenneth S.

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
If only there were evil people somewhere, insidiously
committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them
from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and
evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing
to destroy a piece of his own heart?

Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

Dave Wright

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
If money is the root of all evil, why do churches want it so bad?
--Unknown

The conflict between good and evil is drama, but the conflict between good
and good is tragedy. --Unknown

Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to
smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams.
--Mary Ellen Kelly

All the water in the world, however hard it tries, can never sink the
smallest ship unless it gets inside, and all the evil in the world, the
blackest kind of sin, can never hurt you in the least, unless you let it
in. --Unknown

Next time the Devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future.
--Bumper sticker

It may be necessary temporarily to accept a lesser evil, but one must never
label a necessary evil as good. --Margaret Mead

The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why
this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and
mosquitoes and silly people. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity.
-- Unknown

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
--Oscar Wilde

The worst sin towards our fellow creatures has not been to hate them but to
be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity.
--George Bernard Shaw

We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our
distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they
were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human
form. --William Ralph Inge

Christians have burnt each other, quite persuaded
That all the Apostles would have done as they did. --Lord Byron

Between two evils, choose neither; between two goods, choose both.
--Tryon Edwards

He who chooses the beginning of a road chooses the place it leads to. It
is the means that determine the end. --Harry Emerson Fosdick

Always remember to pillage before you burn. --Unknown

I will never do an Evil Twin Story. (Yes, you will.) No, I won't. (Yes,
you will.) No, I won't. (I've got chocolate.) No, I -- what?
--J. Michael Straczynski

Darkness reigns at the foot of the lighthouse. -- Japanese Proverb

One does evil enough when one does nothing good. --German proverb

No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness,
the good he seeks. --Mary Wollstonecraft

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding. --Justice Louis D. Brandeis

If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into
the water, but lying in it, that drowns. --Unknown

Satan didn't fall. He was pushed. --Unknown

Half the results of a good intention are evil; half the results of an evil
intention are good. --Mark Twain

Opinions which justify cruelty are inspired by cruel impulses.
--Bertrand Russell

The worst evil of all is to leave the ranks of the living before one dies.
--Seneca

He that returns good for evil obtains the victory. --Thomas Fuller

--
=============[ :Dave Wright * Gentaur on FurryMUCK ]=============
» See (and be) amazing animals at the BESTIARIA Beastie Area! «

LTD

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
On 26 Dec 98 03:32:13 -0500, "Dave Wright" <cen...@dm.net>
wrote:

[snip]

>The worst sin towards our fellow creatures has not been to hate them but to
> be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity.
> --George Bernard Shaw

Some quirk in human nature allows even the most
unspeakable acts of evil to become banal within
minutes, provided that they occur far enough away to
pose no personal threat.
--Iris Chang
Chinese-American writer
(Author of _The Rape of Nanking_ [1997])

Lou

Graham Weeks

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
Dave Wright wrote:

> If money is the root of all evil, why do churches want it so bad?
> --Unknown

ROTFL

1Tim. 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some
people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced
themselves with many griefs.

I have had a good laugh at what wit can do with one of the most common
of misquotes.

--

Graham J Weeks
http://www.weeks-g.dircon.co.uk/

Jason Q.

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
Evil is "live" spelled backwards.

When choosing between evils, I always like to take the one I've never
tried before.
Mae West

Evangelist: Evil's agent
anagram

Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn
to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams.

Mary Ellen Kelly

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
Henny Youngman

Jason Q.
http://www.generationterrorists.com