Example of cryptic anagrams (VI-97)

Claude Latremouille

Jun 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/21/98

An example of cryptic anagrams using VI-97 [1557]:

To get from the original quatrain to the decrypted prose which
follows, one must apply the rules of the cryptic anagram, i.e.,

1. Each line is a distinct anagram.
2. Each word must not have more than one (1) letter missing.
3. The total of unused letters for each line must not vary by
more than one unit (plus or minus one) from the total of
missing letters.

Original quatrain VI-97 from the 1557 edition:

Cinq et quarante degrés ciel bruslera,
Feu approucher de la grand cité neufue,
Instant grand flamme esparse saultera,
Quant on voudra des normans faire preuue.

Decrypted version of this quatrain by Claude Latrémouille:

L'An Quarante Cinq, deux Cités bruslent
Par le grand feu d'Atome qu'un Chef décide
D'allumer instantanément par sa rage si
Grande pour une grosse Attaque du Iapon.

And a not-too-elegant translation in modern English:

The Year Forty Five, two Cities burn
By the great fire of the Atom which a Leader decides
To light instantly because of his rage so
Great for a big Attack from Iapan.

This is as close as I can make it.

In other words: "Remember Pearl Harbor!"

So, if you were wondering if Nostradamus' prophecies were
concerned with more than France, Europe, and the neighbouring
regions of the world, now you know!

Nostradamus often gives only portions of dates where the context
makes the confusion of years impossible. Here, he skips entirely
the millenium and the century, keeping only the year itself in
full text.

French-speaking readers will have noted that he uses the noun
rather than the adjective (which we tend to use today) when
speaking of the atomic bomb. Either he prefers that style, or
his anagrams do not allow him to write as easily 'atomicque', or
'atomique'... so he writes: 'd'Atome', which means the same
thing, but is foreign to our own manner of speaking today.

Nostradamus almost never uses the J in his text (except for the
last of a series of Roman numerals, like xiiij, for fourteen).
So, how does he write Japan? Iapon... or, (in English) Iapan.

Before discovering his anagrams, it was obvious to me that this
quatrain was referring to the atomic destruction of a city in
1945. Since - as everyone else - I already knew about Hiroshima,
it was easy to place, and I said so in a.p.n. many moons ago.
But the rest of the quatrain was not so clear, to say the least.

Why is Nostradamus concerned with the destruction of a Japanese
city, thousands of miles from France? Because he knows that the
first atomic casualty of History portends that which ends his
prophecy: the unintended destruction of Paris in a similar manner
on a beautiful Sunday morning, August 13, 2017, at 3:53 a.m.

Which may be why he took the trouble of writing so obscurely (in
poetry) about this first atomic attack, while hiding at the same
time a clear text about it in prose.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Claude Latrémouille % "Claude! There ain't no stinkin' %
21 juin 1998 % cryptic anagrams in them dang verses, %
APNCL#877 % ya hear?!" (A chorus of a.p.n. voices) %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
--
**** ac...@freenet.toronto.on.ca ****
C L A U D E L A T R E M O U I L L E

Aron

Jun 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/21/98

>Why is Nostradamus concerned with the destruction of a Japanese
>city, thousands of miles from France? Because he knows that the
>first atomic casualty of History portends that which ends his
>prophecy: the unintended destruction of Paris in a similar manner
>on a beautiful Sunday morning, August 13, 2017, at 3:53 a.m.

Hate to disappoint you but do you really think it will take 19 more years
for the right climate to evolve for a major war to start and finish? We're
only a couple of years away from that and a couple more from ending it and
starting things a fresh. In 2017 we'll be already in the swing of a new era,
not war.

tora

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Aron wrote:

My feeling is that, something could right in Aron reply Claude.

If WW3 is to start officially in 1999 an account of what is doing on now
2017 would be 18 year after it' start and 9 year before its ending.
If it is to last 27 years. In my way to view this 18 is 2 , 9 or 99 and one
left 9, brings us back to 999 with the one in front of the 18 is 1999.
You probably consider numerology on the same level that
I consider anagrams. But this time they appear to form a bond.
So please tell us, how you got to that 2017 once more. :-)

Alef

Aron

Jun 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/23/98

>If it is to last 27 years.

Yes, but really no major war nowadays can last 27 years. Remember that Nosty
says 'sa guerre' which means 'his war' not 'the war'. So if the person (the
one referred to in that quatrain, not the only foe though) is Saddam, 'his
war' ends in 2006.

tora

Jun 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/23/98

Aron wrote:

Wars usually start on minor misunderstanding and escalate to a point
of no return, Until one of them, his totally exterminated.

The big guns are kept for the desperation's days. So the Antichrist,
the way it appear, will not need all of his Atomic arsenals at first.
With countless and sudden man power invasion. The Atomic will
come into his hand as a trow of the dices. To use all of them on
a final battle.

Alef

Claude Latremouille

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

tora (sla...@cedep.net) wrote:

[ my snip ]

: So please tell us, how you got to that 2017 once more. :-)

: Alef

Just go to DejaNews and look for the recent post titled "Future dates
in anagrams..." or some such title, and you will get the explanation.

Claude Latrémouille % "Claude! There ain't no stinkin' %

26 juin 1998 % cryptic anagrams in them dang verses, %
APNCL#887 % ya hear?!" (A chorus of a.p.n. voices) %