Hushmail fucked?

Corvus Corvax

Aug 13, 2001, 12:57:02 PM8/13/01
So. Weeks after Hushmail "upgraded" to apparently non-functioning
software, I am still unable to access my account. Apparently I am
not alone. I am rather beginning to suspect that the problems relating
to the upgrade run deeper than they are admitting.

Is Hushmail in a nose-dive straight for fuckedcompany.com? Anyone
want to lay odds?

571830573294323629934765012348436263285853260687657402192238

Corvus "now my email will probably never work" Corvax

324908584730535672342307543875016719214012473014020239437239

Spanish Moss

Aug 13, 2001, 6:33:24 PM8/13/01
I'm definitely having problems. Have not received several emails that I
know for a fact were sent to that account (one because I sent it myself.)
Also still have intermittent problems logging in. Also, have mailed tech
support several times with no reply to date.
I finally got fed up and sent them an email saying, "Look it doesn't work,
you don't reply to my emails, I really like Phil but I can no longer use
your service...please contact me when you get your shit together."

"Corvus Corvax" <corvus...@hushmail.com> wrote in message

Aug 14, 2001, 3:03:39 AM8/14/01
Uh, I have not been able to access my account since the "upgrade" either.
It's been one FAT BUH-BUY for my old account.
However....
I just created another account (for shits and giggles), and it's....ok.
The "new" UI is ok.
I'm wondering whether they are gunna show us the source soon at
http://www.hush.ai

I'm also wondering what their plan is for the no java world of XP?
Make people install the SUN plugin?
***ICK*** things are gunna be rough :_(
Or not....they've got some really great coders there.
They'll prolly bend over and just make a Active-Sex DOZ virgin :) if it
really comes down to that.
Client side java blows anyway....If sun stopped changing the spec on
developers at the clip of once a week, and stabilized and supported client
side behaviour, this woulda never have happened :)
Enough ranting....
Hushmail still kicks ass (just get another account :)

"Spanish Moss" <NOSPA...@enteract.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

Chuck in Minot

Aug 14, 2001, 7:46:19 PM8/14/01
Same here, I log on and it locks my whole computer up. I have emailed them
several times with my full name and phone number, and nothing thus far.

I also emailed myself, and did not get a message that I had gotten email.

I use them only as a spam bait account, but I still would like to get to
my account.

About another week and I'm going to say -bye-bye..

asdf

Aug 30, 2001, 4:44:13 PM8/30/01
My only Hushmail problem was that the passphrase applet wouldn't load. I
finally read the "Important Notice" on the login page, and used that link to
download Microsoft Virtual Machine. Once that was installed on my machine,
my account worked fine. This solution, however, makes it difficult to
routinely access my Hushmail account from random computers I may encounter
in my travels.

Microsoft Virtual Machine has a big warning that it CANNOT be uninstalled.
Anybody want to flame me for loading it? And why?

asdf

"x" <x...@don.t.reply> wrote in message

Chuck in Minot

Aug 30, 2001, 6:59:53 PM8/30/01
Might as well add my name to list as well. I have ghost image of my
HD from a virgin install, so I can go back to that, but yeah I wonder why
IT CANNOT BE uninstalled. Hmmmm?

Stephen K. Gielda

Aug 30, 2001, 5:13:41 PM8/30/01

Brian McKeever

Aug 31, 2001, 12:29:21 AM8/31/01
"Stephen K. Gielda" <st...@No-Spam-packetderm.com> wrote in message

> The Microsoft Virtual Machine is the java engine that microsoft
> decided not to include in the latest IE because they could not stop
> it from competing in space they want to own. All you did by
> installing it is give your browser the ability to view java again.
> Which it should have been able to do from a default install except
> that a big company got pissy about a technology they could not
> "extend, embrace, and extinguish".

What you say is only marginally relevant to the problem of hushmail. The
suggestion to upgrade the JVM predated the release of IE 6.0, the first
version to ship without java support. It should also be noted that the JVM
is an optional (and by default, disabled) part of netscape's current
installation.

I have installed the microsoft JVM (even though I had the Sun JRE plugin
already installed) and still can't access my original account. As a sign of
progress, today's error is different than last week's. I can access the
account I created a few weeks ago.

Brian

RDionysus

Sep 1, 2001, 1:19:12 AM9/1/01
I've been locked out of my account for over a month now. I COULD just set up
a new account, but now I've lost communications with a lot of people who
only knew that address. Plus my address book.
My error comes during the migration process; right after the Java random
"seeding" sequence, I get "An error occurred during the upgrade of
account.....blah blah blah". This is in IE. In Netscape, I don't get the
error message, but a corrupted and non-functional security certificate comes
up. However, none of the buttons work and it hangs the browser.
ADARRRRGGDHHHHHhhhhh!!!
I sent letters to Hushmail about this. The most recent reply gives me advice
to "clear my browser cache". This of course does nothing. I've tried logging
in on different machines, browsers, times of day, wearing different clothes,
and using only my left hand--NOTHING works! Any advice ?
Just my 2 cents.

"asdf" <skyp...@yahoo.SPAM.com> wrote in message