mywebsearch wowfx.dll and warning! spyware detected on your computer

nospam

Jul 29, 2008, 12:52:19 AM7/29/08
I have a really strange spyware/adware/backdoor/trojan problem. The comp
was a
former Windowsme upgraded with winxp pro build 2600. A couple of days ago I
noticed everytime I
logged on I would get a msg "The application or DLL
c:\windows\system32\wowfx.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check
this against your installation diskette." I also notice for each startup
item or indeed for any program I run there is
this popup with not a valid windows image for the
named program.

I notice also that at the background when I load windows there is a msg that
says "Warning! spyware detected on your computer install an antivirus or
spyware
remover to clean your computer". I suspect this msg maybe the
trojan/backdoor/adware/virus. In my program files
there is a folder called mywebsearch, I also am unable to access my control
panel so I can uninstall whatever program I might have installed to
have caused this. I noticed the problems soon after installing panda
antivirus, first time I ran hijackthis it told me that the administrator
had disabled registry editing (except I am the only system admin, but didn't
create an administrator account called administrator when I installed winxp
pro
build 2600), it specifically says "Registry editing has been disabled by
your administrator",
and programs take an age to load if at all, most of the times, I get an RPC
call
error and the system reboots.

Each time I log in, I see a network connection is being attempted to various
sites by the spyware/adware/backdoor/trojan (however I and it is unable to
access the internet even with my isp user/pass).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

jen

Jul 30, 2008, 12:53:58 PM7/30/08
"nospam" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

You need *expert* help with this nasty...

Download and run HijackThis;
(http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php?page=hijackthis)
Read this Tutorial *before* first use;
(http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42)
Once done > run HijackThis > save a scan log and post it to /any/ of the
following (expert) forums for analysis.
*Note, //registration// *is* required prior to posting a log.
- Not listed in any particular order -
(http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30)
(http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?&showforum=18)
(http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5)
(http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html)
(http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup)
(http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewforum.php?f=11)
(http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
(http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9)
(http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html)
(http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18)
(http://www.techmonkeys.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=8)
(http://forum.networktechs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
(http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17)
(http://forums.spywaretimes.com/index.php?showforum=2)
(http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=172)
(http://forums.techguy.org/f54-s.html)
(http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27)
(http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7)
(http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/index.php?showforum=18)

-jen

computer_doc

Nov 4, 2008, 9:33:01 AM11/4/08

hi I am a computer tech I have been tracking this virus for about a year
now its not the tool bar that is the virus. but when you search on the
tool bar thats when you get spyware and viruses this what you can do if
you still need help first I will need to know what kind of antivirus you
have then send me an email at computerrepairks7517 @yahoo.com I
will help you get the things you need to remove it :-)

--
computer_doc
computer_doc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/computer_doc.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Nov 4, 2008, 10:50:16 AM11/4/08
computer_doc wrote:

> hi I am a computer tech

who needs to "buy some punctuation."

> computer_doc
> computer_doc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/computer_doc.htm

Forum Info

Posts
Total Posts: 1 (1 posts per day)

This is not a web forum, doc. This is Usenet. Get a proper newsreader.
And check the date of the (ancient) post you replied to...

--
-bts

Message has been deleted

Charles Ulmer Farley

Nov 4, 2008, 8:26:33 PM11/4/08
hi I am compooter user and speak much more better than you
i take english course at nite skool to lern haha

"computer_doc" <computer_...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

Andy Walker

Nov 4, 2008, 9:52:05 PM11/4/08
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>This is not a web forum, doc. This is Usenet. Get a proper newsreader.
>And check the date of the (ancient) post you replied to...

Judging by the "forum" contents [1], it looks like they've bastardized
the entire Usenet into a keyword search. They appear to be taking any
post with a key word in the subject and then creating forums based on
a subsets of key words [2]. I don't know if they can inject an
original posts into the group, but it appears that they will inject
any posts made at the "forum" into Usenet groups. I wonder what the
crosspost limit is... ;-)

[1] http://forums.techarena.in/anonymity-privacy-spam/
[2] http://forums.techarena.in/computer-safety/

TINF

computer_doc

Nov 9, 2008, 1:46:42 PM11/9/08

sorry unlike you people I have two jobs I am a senior tech /trainer so I
dont always have time to play on the computer so if your going to say
some thing then you need to email me thru my email
I am 20 years old and I have been working on computers for 5 years I
have 17 certification so I probly know more than the people that replyed
to my last post I will leave my email on my profile for those of you
that want to talk to me

David H. Lipman

Nov 9, 2008, 2:40:03 PM11/9/08
From: "computer_doc" <computer_...@DoNotSpam.com>

| sorry unlike you people I have two jobs I am a senior tech /trainer so I dont always
| have time to play on the computer so if your going to say some thing then you need to
| email me thru my email
| I am 20 years old and I have been working on computers for 5 years I have 17
| certification so I probly know more than the people that replyed to my last post I will
| leave my email on my profile for those of you that want to talk to me --
| computer_doc

Your posting of information is unimpressive.
You said "I have been tracking this virus". It is NOT a virus.

I suggest two thinks.

Keep on learning. You have *much* to learn.

The second adds to the first in that you need to learn how to access Usenet properly.
Not through http://forums.techarena.in that acts as a front-end to usenet news groups but
using a news client accessing alt.privacy.spyware through your ISP or via a NSP.

BTW: I have more experience than you have been alive ! When I started accessing Usenet
you were still sucking your mama's tit.

--
Dave

Message has been deleted

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Nov 9, 2008, 4:33:53 PM11/9/08
computer_doc wrote:

> From: computer_doc <computer_...@DoNotSpam.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
> Subject: Re: mywebsearch wowfx.dll and warning! spyware detected on your computer
> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 00:16:42 +0530

Are you Michael Niederer of Burlington, Vermont, who is the owner of the
domain name 'donotspam.com'? Or are you just abusing his domain?

http://tekrider.net/general/misctips.php#mung

> .. so if your going to say some thing then you need to email me thru
> my email

This is USENET. There are no profiles.

Or did you mean use: computere...@yahoo.com

repairks ? <lol>

> I am 20 years old

..old enough to be my grandbaby.

Leythos

Nov 9, 2008, 4:58:30 PM11/9/08
In article <computer_...@DoNotSpam.com>,
computer_...@DoNotSpam.com says...

> sorry unlike you people I have two jobs I am a senior tech /trainer so I
> dont always have time to play on the computer so if your going to say
> some thing then you need to email me thru my email
> I am 20 years old and I have been working on computers for 5 years I
> have 17 certification so I probly know more than the people that replyed
> to my last post I will leave my email on my profile for those of you
> that want to talk to me

Maybe you need to get a Usenet certification as the standard in Usenet
is to NOT REPLY BY EMAIL.

Usenet is a generic medium for posting to a GROUP, it's not to specific
individuals, but the Subjects are how we communicate.

At 20, you're just a kid, and you need to learn to listen instead of
running your mouth.

Usenet is for open/non-private communications - if you post in usenet
then keep it in usenet.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
spam9...@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

James Morrow

Nov 11, 2008, 9:13:07 PM11/11/08
In article <computer_...@DoNotSpam.com>,
computer_...@DoNotSpam.com says...

> sorry unlike you people I have two jobs I am a senior tech /trainer so I
> dont always have time to play on the computer so if your going to say
> some thing then you need to email me thru my email
> I am 20 years old and I have been working on computers for 5 years I
> have 17 certification so I probly know more than the people that replyed
> to my last post I will leave my email on my profile for those of you
> that want to talk to me

Impertinence is frequently the mark of the very young and
inexperienced. Many of the professionals whom we are privileged to have
posting to these groups have been working on real computers in the real
world since the dawn of the computing age.

It is almost always poor form in Usenet to ask that one be emailed. It
is at best presumptuous.

Profile? We ain't got no profiles. We don't need no profiles. We don't
need no stinken profiles!

--
James E. Morrow
Email to: jamese...@email.com