Daniel's EagleLion: AmeriBritain in Biblical Prophecy

Frank Robertson

Dec 15, 2009, 6:51:55 PM12/15/09
It is quite apparent that both America and the British Empire appear
in biblical prophecy. First, to note, my time on this computer is so
limited that I cannot do this justice here and now, so I'll just put
forth the basics.

I used to have a more patchy knowledge of the Bible, and also thought
it was more symbolic and less literal than it really is. After
becoming increasingly more aware of how wrong evolutionism/big-bang
are, and after beginning to look at notes/commentary provided for
scripture by the Institute for Creation Research, http://www.icr.org/
, both online and in the Defender's Study Bible that they publish, I
was shocked at how understandable and clear biblical prophecy,
particularly in Daniel and Revelation, really, apparently, are. And
because I have had a patchy knowledge, I recently read the Book
ofDaniel. along with the Defender's notes, in one sitting. I would
also like to do this for Revelation, but have not done so yet.

To be very brief, in one of Daniel's visions, he sees four beasts: a
lion with eagle's wings, a leopard with four wings, a bear gripping
three ribs in its jaws, and a non-descript beast with ten horns. To
make this short, the ten-horned one is understood to be Europe, out of
which rises the Antichrist.

While many say these four beasts represent chronological empires in
historical order, the ICR insists they exist AT THE SAME TIME AS EACH
OTHER, in the future end times. They are striving against each other,
in the same period of history.

If you had to guess which of those four beasts represents the British
Empire and America combined, which one would you guess?

Right! You got it! Me too, without even reading the Defender's notes!

The ICR reaches the same conclusion as you and me!

The Eagle-Lion is Britain, it's empire and its empire's offspring:
America. The Lion is the British symbol; the Eagle is America's.

Daniel says the EagleLion will have its wings plucked, then it will
stand up like a man and be given the heart of a man.

The ICR speculates that that means America will lose its power, or
right to use its power (due to treaty obligations), to carry out and
defend against aerial invasions.

I speculate/suspect that getting our wings plucked means both
Britain's loss of Empire - which has already happened - and America's
loss of power and influence and ability (and/or willingness) to act
unilaterally on the globe.

But the bible gives a good ending to the EagleLion, which it does NOT
do with the other beasts. We will "stand up like a man" and be given a
man's heart. Similar to Nebuchadnezzars personal conversion to the God-
of-Israel/Christ, the pieces of the ex-British Empire - including the
US, Canada, Australia, etc. - will see the Antichrist-related events
happening before its eye; its people will largely repent and be saved!

So we will "get our wings plucked" - lose our power - but we will be
converted back to the real God, at heart! Not totally bad news, now is
that, AmeriBritain?