Civil War in the USA

New World Disorder

Mar 27, 2010, 1:04:30 PM3/27/10
A Marine writes about civil war in the USA

By Sgt C USMC -

An article I wish I would never have to write - To those calling for a civil
war, this Marine wants you to stop, and think...

It's been said that the military is always preparing for war. That is true.
We prepare for combat every day. We ran 5 miles today to the rifle range and
shot nearly 200 rounds a piece at targets and then ran back. However, we
also pray for peace. I would love one day to be completely unnecessary. But
alas, I am a realist, and I know that day will never come.

The headlines of the last week have reminded me more of glimpsing at the S2
Daily Briefing Sheets while in theater or the Al-Jazeera than the NY Times
or the Washington Post. Think about that for a moment, let it sink in.

Before I get into the main premise of this article - I need to make two
statements here.

First and foremost , when it comes to the back and forth of who did what to
whom and why - I don't give a @!$%#. It doesn't change the action. In life
we're judged by our actions, nothing more, nothing less. One of the greatest
things of the military is when it comes to an enemy, the politics behind the
situation - don't matter in accomplishing that mission. For the military ,
life is simple in that regard.

Secondly, Regardless of your political ideology, you've earned the right as
US Citizens to say your piece - no matter how wrong it may be. That is your
right, and I will give my life to protect it.

But this government of ours is a democracy. We vote for our representatives,
and they vote in our interests. Sometimes, the votes don't go our way.
That's life, better luck next time. Exhaust your legislative options, and
then focus on gaining the required votes and/or seats to achieve your
desired legislative vote next election time. That's the way things work.

But the SECOND you start committing acts of violence and vandalism, then
you've usurped that Constitution. You in a way have assaulted it. And then
you and I (I being every servicemember who has sworn to defend said
Constitution) will have a MAJOR PROBLEM.

For those of you calling for a civil war, I implore you to stop and think
about what you're saying. Look around your neighborhood and your city. Now
imagine using that terrain to survive. Imagine dodging semi-automatic rifle
fire as you scramble from cover to cover, dragging your wounded child behind
you. Imagine the deafening report of a mortar as it strikes the ground a 150
feet in front of you, the overpressure enough to shatter your teeth and
perforate an ear drum. Try and envision a Stryker rolling through neighbor's
front lawn or a F/A-18 making lazy loops over your head in Close Air Support
for the troops in the distance.

Now with that vision in mind, stop by your local Marine Corps base, being
they will be the first military units you'd face in an all out 'civil war' .
Look at them for a moment, examine their 'work environment' . They're
running the track, they're climbing ropes, they're grappelling with each
other in mock hand-to-hand combat, and shooting targets while moving in raid
lines on a daily basis. Nearly everyone on that base, down to our
'secretaries' has a combat award of one type or another, they've faced some
of the most stressful situations on Earth where succumbing to the stress can
get you killed, and they flourished.

Now ask yourselves and be honest - when is the last time you've run anything
other than late to work, climbed anything other than a flight of stairs,
grappelled with anything other than a paper jam, and shot off anything other
than your mouth? When's the last time you were in any situation more
stressful than a traffic jam?

Now I'm not blaming you for your career choice, not in the least. I can't
think of a single job that's not useful in some way or another. I just want
you to simply compare and contrast your work environment with ours and ask
yourselves "Who is better suited to win this battle ?" We both know the
answer here, and if you doubt that answer, look at the results from Fallujah
in 2004. Over 1200 of them 'lost' and we 'lost only 28. That's a 'win-ratio'
of almost 60-1, and they've been fighting their whole lives.

Put this in another scenario. You and your officemates think your local pro
football team sucks , so you put together your own team of the best your
company has and challenge them to a game. Even if your team might be good,
they're professionals. This is their job. Your job is to answer phones and
type on a keyboard. In short, they've forgotten more than you will ever know
about football. The result, will be a slaughter for you, and a practice for
them. But at least you'll get a chance to sit at home, ice your wounds and
say 'whew I never should've done that!'

Not so with combat. The results of combat are far...FAR..more permanent.
There are no second chances, no time for regrets, and no do-overs. This is
not Call of Duty.

Now I 'd like to disperse a myth here - many of you think that US military
would not fight civilians. I can't speak for all, but in my case - the
moment you declare civil war, you're no longer civilians. The moment you
attack the constitution, you're now enemies of that constitution. And I
swore to defend and support and if necessary give my life for that
Constitution and utilize every tool, technique, and weapon at my disposal to
do so. And trust me, I'm not alone.

I hope some of you heed my words and cool the rhetoric and focus on
achieving your goals diplomatically instead of physically. It would never
want to receive a frag order to Maryland, or North Dakota, or Texas, but it
is an order I will follow no matter how much it pains me to do so.
http://christopher-calbat.newsvine.com/_news/2010/03/26/4073188-an-article-i-wish-i-would-never-have-to-write-to-those-calling-for-a-civil-war-this-marine-wants-you-to-stop-and-think?pc=25&sp=0#discussion

The people who really need to read and understand this will not. They get
their news from AM talk (hate) radio and Faux News.

But, you have to be able to read, first, so Flarduh, Texas and Arizona
are out.