Let's get the WHOLE story on the ACORN prostitution video

1 view

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Sep 11, 2009, 10:31:13 AM9/11/09
Here's the full story from CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/10/acorn.prostitution/index.html

(CNN) -- Two employees at the Baltimore, Maryland, branch of the
liberal community organizing group ACORN were caught on tape allegedly
offering advice to a pair posing as a pimp and prostitute on setting
up a prostitution ring and evading the IRS.

The video footage -- which has been edited and goes to black in some
areas -- was recorded and posted online Thursday by James O'Keefe, a
conservative activist. He was joined on the video by another
conservative, Hannah Giles, who posed as the prostitute in the
filmmakers' undercover sting.

The video shows the pair approaching two women working at the ACORN
Baltimore office and asking them for advice on how to set up a
prostitution ring involving more than a dozen underage girls from El
Salvador.

One of the ACORN workers suggests that Giles refer to herself as a
"performing artist" on tax forms and declare some of the girls as
dependents to receive child tax credits.

"Stop saying prostitution," the woman, identified by the filmmaker as
an ACORN tax expert, tells Giles. The other woman tells them, "You
want to keep them clean ... make sure they go to school."

Both women appear enthusiastic to help.

Calls to ACORN's Baltimore offices were not immediately returned
Thursday.

Stuart Katzenberg, lead organizer for ACORN's Maryland chapter, told
the Baltimore Sun that both ACORN employees were fired because they
"did not meet ACORN's standards of professionalism."

Sonja Merchant-Jones, chair of Baltimore City ACORN, told CNN
affiliate WMAR-TV that the fired workers were seasonal, part-time
employees and that no senior ACORN staff members were in the building
at the time the film was made.

Scott Levenson, a spokesman at ACORN's national offices said, "The
portrayal is false and defamatory and an attempt at 'gotcha
journalism.'

"This film crew tried to pull this sham at other offices and failed.
ACORN wants to see the full video before commenting further," Levenson
said.

The conservative filmmakers unsuccessfully attempted similar ruses at
the group's offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Los Angeles,
California, and New York, Levenson said.

Law enforcement officials in the Baltimore area wouldn't confirm
whether they are investigating the alleged incident at the local ACORN
office. However, authorities said that under Maryland law, such
undercover video may not be admissible in court as evidence.

CNN attempted to reach O'Keefe and Giles; O'Keefe was not available
for comment and Giles canceled an interview scheduled for Thursday.

ACORN -- an acronym for the Association of Community Organizations for
Reform Now -- made headlines last year when Republican groups seized
on allegations of voter registration fraud by the group in Florida and
several other states, claiming its workers were trying to push the
election in Barack Obama's favor.

On Wednesday, arrest warrants were issued for 11 Florida voter
registration workers suspected of submitting false information on
hundreds of voter registration cards, according to court documents.
The Florida investigation was triggered by ACORN officials who noticed
irregularities in forms they were receiving.

Founded in 1970, ACORN calls itself "the nation's largest grassroots
community organization of low- and moderate-income people." The group
says it has more than 400,000 member families organized into more than
1,200 neighborhood chapters in 110 cities.

Besides voter registration, the group focuses on issues such as
predatory lending, the minimum wage and funding for public schools,
according to its Web site. It also provides free tax-return
preparation for low-income people and screening for state and federal
benefit programs.

Now, go back and read this part of the WHOLE story:

-- quote

. . .

[...]

-- end quote

So -- after reading the whole story -- not Rush or Beck's telling of
the tale -- we learn:

-- Two rightwingnutters tried this shit at several other ACORN offices
and were thrown out.

-- They found two part-time, seasonal employees who fell for their
scam.

-- The video that the rest of the world is seeing was edited -- most
likely to take out the parts where the rightwingnutters paid the ACORN
part-time employees to say what they said.

-- The two rightwingnutters are so proud of themselves they are now
hiding.

But -- the Beck and Limbo dittoheads are just lapping it up like dogs
in the street lapping up their own puke.

Ken

Sep 11, 2009, 12:34:06 PM9/11/09

So what you seem to be saying is that these employees were not
supervised properly. Does it make sense to give ACORN government funds
when we know there is at the least a lack of supervision, and possibly
criminal corruption??

> Scott Levenson, a spokesman at ACORN's national offices said, "The
> portrayal is false and defamatory and an attempt at 'gotcha
> journalism.'
>
> "This film crew tried to pull this sham at other offices and failed.

Sounds like it worked in at least one other office, Washington, DC.
Makes one wonder just how many more offices also were filmed?

> ACORN wants to see the full video before commenting further," Levenson
> said.
>
> The conservative filmmakers unsuccessfully attempted similar ruses at
> the group's offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Los Angeles,
> California, and New York, Levenson said.
>
> Law enforcement officials in the Baltimore area wouldn't confirm
> whether they are investigating the alleged incident at the local ACORN
> office. However, authorities said that under Maryland law, such
> undercover video may not be admissible in court as evidence.

Oh, something like: "There is no controlling legal authority." I have
news for you, court or no court, this is not going to endear ACORN with
the taxpayers. Of course Obama will not be tarnished, since I am sure
he had no knowledge of what ACORN did or does. Sort of like the Rev.
Wright thing for twenty years. Wasn't Obama a lawyer or something for
ACORN??? America wants to know!!!!

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Sep 11, 2009, 2:23:42 PM9/11/09
> > in the street lapping up their own puke.- Hide quoted text -

So perhaps you can prove that ACORN receives "government funds."

Then perhaps you'll tell me that every place you have ever worked has
always had full-time supervision and nothing screwy ever happened in
your work place because of a nutty part-timer.

Oh, wait -- you're a rightwanker -- you don't work -- you suck the
life out of people who do.

ItsJu...@hotmail.com

Sep 11, 2009, 5:50:11 PM9/11/09

They are a non-profit you fucking idiot. They are almost completely
funded by the government (Our Taxes). Even they have admitted they
receive government funds and are therefore bound by certain government
restrictions.

>Then perhaps you'll tell me that every place you have ever worked has
>always had full-time supervision and nothing screwy ever happened in
>your work place because of a nutty part-timer.

No, and if they were receiving govt funds they should be shut down
also.

>Oh, wait -- you're a rightwanker -- you don't work -- you suck the
>life out of people who do.

So, let me see.....Obama and the lefty's wanting to tax the rich and
give to the poor does not qualify as "you suck the life out of people
who do."

You really are a fucking idiot!

Peggy Bennett

Sep 11, 2009, 6:45:12 PM9/11/09
Oh, you're right, I see it clearly now:

If you get caught by a "rightwinger", it doesn't count.

If you get caught by someone who tried to show the corruption in other
offices, it doesn't count.

If you get caught not batting an eyelash when approving of child
sexual abuse (the underage girls from El Salvadore), it doesn't count.

If you commit voter fraud, probably lending fraud, certainly urging
tax fraud and the name of your organization is, like, Acorn, IT
DOESN'T COUNT??????

Even you've got to be kidding. Tell me you don't think this way. Any
response? I just hear Crickets........

Dave Heil

Sep 11, 2009, 9:56:49 PM9/11/09

The fact that ACORN receives public funds is common knowledge.

> Then perhaps you'll tell me that every place you have ever worked has
> always had full-time supervision and nothing screwy ever happened in
> your work place because of a nutty part-timer.

We aren't discussing every place *he* ever worked or every place *I*
ever worked. We're discussing ACORN.

> Oh, wait -- you're a rightwanker -- you don't work -- you suck the
> life out of people who do.

Are you working?

John Q Public

Sep 12, 2009, 5:04:18 PM9/12/09

Lickin ass just pissed that some 13 yr old honduran boys weren't comin
into US to peddle their asses so he was vastly disappointed and is
miffed.