Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Hmmmm: Obama’s bio a state secret in Canada, says Canadian government

Visto 0 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

GWashingtonFan

no leída,
8 nov 2009, 23:09:128/11/09
There are officials of governments -- only God knows how many --
around the world who "have the goods" on Obama and the issues related
to his still-hidden original birth certificate, school records and much
more -- GUARANTEED. One government which reasonable people cans safely
assume *absolutely* knows the truth about Obama is Israel.

Does this make any sense?: A U.S. president who must steadfastly hide
information about his own birth and personal history from the people he
leads because, were that hidden information to be revealed, is a
nightmarish enough scenario.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE VULNERABLE, OPEN-TO-EXTORTION SITUATION SUCH A
SCENARIO PUTS THE "PRESIDENT" IN VIS A VIS FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS?

The following report from the online version of a non-partisan
Canadian proves it:

Obama�s bio a state secret in Canada
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2199765

OTTAWA -- He's the most high-profile politician in recent history, the
winner of a bruising election campaign in which every aspect of his
life -- from his smoking habit to anti-American comments made by his
pastor -- came under relentless scrutiny.

But according to Canadian government officials, a biography of U.S.
President Barack Obama provided to Prime Minister Stephen Harper
shortly after Mr. Obama's inauguration last January qualifies as a
state secret.

Under the Access to Information Act, Canwest News Service requested all
briefing materials provided to the prime minister ahead of Mr. Obama's
visit to Canada in February.

Mr. Obama's whirlwind stop in Ottawa on Feb. 19 was his first visit to
a foreign country after being inaugurated. After a series of
icebreaking meetings, the prime minister and the president pledged to
co-operate on everything from the financial crisis to clean energy and
Afghanistan. But the trip will perhaps best be remembered for the
rock-star treatment accorded to Mr. Obama, who charmed the public by
declaring his love for Canada and picking up a Beavertail dessert on an
impromptu stop in the national capital's Byward Market.

The 77 pages of heavily censored documents released to Canwest include
memos to Mr. Harper from his foreign-policy adviser, a letter from
Canada's former ambassador to the United States, Michael Wilson, as
well as talking points to prepare Mr. Harper for the meeting. It also
includes biographies of the president and officials who accompanied the
president on the trip to Canada, including National Security Advisor
James Jones, National Economic Council director Lawrence Summers,
Obama's chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and White House press secretary
Robert Gibbs.

In blacking out the biographies of the president and his entourage,
officials cited a section of the act that allows the government to
refuse records whose disclosure could be "injurious to the conduct of
international affairs, the defence of Canada or any states allied or
associated with Canada."

An official at the Privy Council Office, the bureaucratic arm of the
Prime Minister's Office, said department officials compiled the
biographies themselves to prepare the prime minister for a telephone
call to Obama on Jan. 23, three days after he was inaugurated.

"That was a compilation of information that they put together
specifically for the call," said Carole Piche, an official in the
department's Access to Information division.

Retired colonel Michel Drapeau, an expert in access-to-information law
at the University of Ottawa, said it's not surprising that much of the
briefing material on such a high-level meeting was being withheld.
Canadian courts have tended to support the government's view that
releasing such materials could hurt relations with other countries, he
said.

But he said it was "silly" for Canadian officials to withhold the
biography of such a prominent public figure.

"He's not the former director of the CIA, or anything. I mean, this
guy's as public as it comes," Mr. Drapeau said, adding that it's highly
unlikely that Canada would be privy to personal or professional
information about the president that had not already been disclosed.

One of the few uncensored items shows that the prime minister was
thoroughly briefed on the energy relationships between the two
countries ahead of his meeting with Mr. Obama.

Officials provided Mr. Harper with a series of maps that show the flow
of electricity, natural gas and crude oil between the two countries.
Another map shows the greenhouse-gas emissions from Canadian and U.S.
coal-fired plants, as well as oil-sands operations.

What Would America's Founders Say?

The two enemies of the people are criminals
and government, so let us tie the second down
with the chains of the Constitution so the
second will not become the legalized version
of the first.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Those who hammer their guns into plows will
plow for those who do not.
--Thomas Jefferson

It does not take a majority to prevail ... but
rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on
setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
men.
--Samuel Adams

The strongest reason for the people to retain
the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last
resort, to protect themselves against tyranny
in government.
-- Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and
disciplined, but they should have sufficient
arms and ammunition to maintain a status of
independence from any who might attempt to
abuse them, which would include their own
government."
-- George Washington

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
-- Thomas Jefferson

If the freedom of speech is taken away then
dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to
the slaughter.
-- George Washington

When governments fear the people there is liberty.
When the people fear the government there is tyranny.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a
standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed
populace.
-- James Madison

If the representatives of the people betray
their constituents, there is then no resource
left but in the exertion of that original
right of self-defense which is paramount to
all positive forms of government ... The
citizens must rush tumultuously to arms,
without concert, without system, without
resource; except in their courage and despair
... The natural strength of the people in a
large community, in proportion to the artificial
strength of the government, is greater than in a
small ... the people, without exaggeration, may
be said to be entirely the masters of their own fate.
-- Alexander Hamilton

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people
of good conscience to remain silent.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Every government degenerates when trusted to the
rulers of the people alone. The people themselves
are its only safe depositories.
-- Thomas Jefferson

As our enemies have found we can reason like men,
so now let us show them we can fight like men also.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act!
Action will delineate and define you.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Merchants have no country. The mere spot they
stand on does not constitute so strong an
attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
-- Thomas Jefferson

I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy
of our monied corporations which dare already to
challenge our government to a trial by strength,
and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
-- Thomas Jefferson

I believe that banking institutions are more
dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best
forms of government those entrusted with power
have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted
it into tyranny.
-- Thomas Jefferson

A Founding Father speaks out on
what's nowadays called "political correctness":

A Founding Father speaks out on what's nowadays
called "political correctness":

Do not suffer yourselves to be wheeled out of
your liberty to publish by any pretenses of
politeness, delicacy or decency. These, as they
are so often used, are but three different names
for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.
--John Adams

--

RichTravsky

no leída,
10 nov 2009, 23:42:4310/11/09
GWashingtonFan wrote:

> There are officials of governments -- only God knows how many --
> around the world who "have the goods" on Obama and the issues related
> to his still-hidden original birth certificate, school records and much
> more -- GUARANTEED. One government which reasonable people cans safely
> assume *absolutely* knows the truth about Obama is Israel.
>
> Does this make any sense?: A U.S. president who must steadfastly hide
> information about his own birth and personal history from the people he
> leads because, were that hidden information to be revealed, is a
> nightmarish enough scenario.
>
> BUT WHAT ABOUT THE VULNERABLE, OPEN-TO-EXTORTION SITUATION SUCH A
> SCENARIO PUTS THE "PRESIDENT" IN VIS A VIS FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS?
>
> The following report from the online version of a non-partisan
> Canadian proves it:
>
> Obama�s bio a state secret in Canada
> http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2199765
> An official at the Privy Council Office, the bureaucratic arm of the
> Prime Minister's Office, said department officials compiled the
> biographies themselves to prepare the prime minister for a telephone
> call to Obama on Jan. 23, three days after he was inaugurated.
>
> "That was a compilation of information that they put together
> specifically for the call," said Carole Piche, an official in the
> department's Access to Information division.

"put together specifically for the call"

laugh laugh laugh

0 mensajes nuevos