Leaked memo says Bush planning a THIRD TERM

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

Apr 1, 2006, 4:12:20 PM4/1/06
Only it won't be called a third term. Instead it will be a mere
extension of the second term and that's supposed to make it legal!!!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/01/gwot_cha/

Bush preps historic Third Term - memo

By Thomas C Greene in Washington Published Saturday 1st April 2006

The US Department of Justice (DoJ) and the office of the White House
Counsel are preparing a draft document laying out the President's
wartime authority to remain in office past 2008, The Register has
learned.

The scheme is described as an emergency "continuity presidency," made
necessary by the extraordinary circumstances and unique challenges of
protecting the United States from the threat of international
terrorism.

"The world changed on 9/11," a confidential DoJ memo obtained by The
Register explains, "and no Administration is US history is better
suited to adapt productively to those changes than this one.

"The Attorney General supports the basic framework in the White House
Counsel's draft proposal for a future Executive Order establishing a
Continuity Presidency, with two provisos: 1. There must be at least
the appearance of a time limit, which the AG believes might be
satisfied by tying the duration of the Continuity Presidency to the
duration of the GWOT [global war on terrorism]; and 2. The House and
Senate Majority Leaders and the Chairpersons of the House and Senate
Judiciary Committees must issue a written certification that they have
approved the plan.

"AG does not believe that the plan will succeed unless those
conditions can be met. Suggest you liase with [the White House office
of] Legislative Affairs and get their sense of the liklihood that the
key Members will work with us."

The memo is signed Christine McIntyre, Special Assistant to the United
States Attorney General, and is addressed to Philip Van Zandt, Special
Assistant to White House Counsel Harriet Miers.

A second memo leaked to The Register, this time from DoJ Assistant
McIntyre to Jock Mahoney, Special Assistant to US Solicitor General
Paul Clement, and to Philip Van Zandt at the White House, anticipates
an immediate Supreme Court challenge to the scheme, and offers a few
suggestions for defending the Administration's action.

"We will be attacked on the basis of Article II Section 1, and on
Amendment XXII," McIntyre writes. "Thus it is absolutely crucial that
the anticipated Executive Order for a Continuity Presidency make no
mention whatsoever of a 'Third Term.' This will eliminate appeals to
Amendment XXII, and leave us free to focus our attack on Article II
Section 1 alone. Thus, the Executive Order has got to be framed as a
necessary - and Congressionally authorized - extension of the
President's Second Term, so that we can base our arguments on the
Joint Resolution and Article II Section 2.

"Above all," McIntyre warns, "we must emphasize that the 2001 Joint
Resolution, in which Congress empowered the President to 'use all
necessary and appropriate force ... to prevent any future acts of
international terrorism against the United States,' and Article II
Section 2 of the United States Constitution, give the President ample
authority to issue an Executive Order for a Continuity Presidency for
the duration of the GWOT, to exercise fully his mandate to protect the
American people from harm.

"We must also press the national security angle hard and emphasize
that the United States would be endangered severely by a change of
government at this time. America cannot afford to give the terrorists
such an opportunity."

(snip)

Message has been deleted

Bill Smith

Apr 1, 2006, 5:25:09 PM4/1/06

It looks like a trial balloon, like when they leaked that they were
going to delay or cancel the last election. Spooky stuff.

OTOH, it's April 1st.

Bill Smith

Carmen

Apr 1, 2006, 5:21:44 PM4/1/06

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> Only it won't be called a third term. Instead it will be a mere
> extension of the second term and that's supposed to make it legal!!!

Okay, it's not a particularly funny joke, but it's still a pretty
obvious one this being April 1st and all. Wake up little fishy.

Ragnar

Apr 1, 2006, 7:50:00 PM4/1/06
Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
the Fool.

dstaples

Apr 1, 2006, 10:53:27 PM4/1/06
You as dumb as the dumb fuck original poster.

"Jim Justjim" <just...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE <xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Only it won't be called a third term. Instead it will be a mere
> > extension of the second term and that's supposed to make it legal!!!
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/01/gwot_cha/
>

> IF this is true then this criminal needs to be removed from office
> immediately.

Koko

Apr 1, 2006, 11:13:25 PM4/1/06
In article <122uir0...@corp.supernews.com>, dsta...@livingston.net
says...

>You as dumb as the dumb fuck original poster.

You are sooooo dumb, you don't even know what day it is!

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Apr 2, 2006, 12:30:15 AM4/2/06

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke. Bush has gotten away with stealing two elections and
blowing up WTC and lying america into war. So don't put a third term
attempt past him. I mean who's gonna stop him. The democrats and the
media are totally bought off.

Bo Raxo

Apr 2, 2006, 12:34:45 AM4/2/06

"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" <xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Did you notice the register's page name for the story is "gwot_cha"

Duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

siskiy...@yahoo.com

Apr 2, 2006, 12:44:41 AM4/2/06

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

Who would put it past that crowd to attempt something like that though?

Sam

I Attack People

Apr 2, 2006, 3:00:25 AM4/2/06

"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" <xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hook, line, and sinker.

queen

Apr 2, 2006, 3:21:54 AM4/2/06
Heaven Help us all is there ends to what he will do to get his way.

BDK

Apr 2, 2006, 9:55:20 AM4/2/06
In article <u1rt22l86oajc9lde...@4ax.com>, xeton2001
@yahoo.com says...

Oh please, even he can't be that far gone. Don't you remember the kook
claims that Clinton was going to do the same thing, declare himself
Emperor, etc. I think it's basically the same "theory" as above, too.

What a crock...

BDK

Don Staples

Apr 2, 2006, 4:40:45 PM4/2/06

"Koko" <spiced-ham?N...@big.isp> wrote in message

I will type real slow so you can read it. Did you read the post I was
responding to? Thought not, dumb fuck.

禦含諿共n?

Apr 3, 2006, 9:05:20 AM4/3/06
In talk.politics.guns laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
<xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Only it won't be called a third term. Instead it will be a mere
>extension of the second term and that's supposed to make it legal!!!
>
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/01/gwot_cha/
>
>Bush preps historic Third Term - memo
>
>By Thomas C Greene in Washington Published Saturday 1st April 2006
>
>The US Department of Justice (DoJ) and the office of the White House
>Counsel are preparing a draft document laying out the President's
>wartime authority to remain in office past 2008, The Register has
>learned.

Excellent!

And now you can make it "legal" by signing this petition! Do it today!

____

Strike Amendment XXII - re-elect George Bush in 2008
"http://www.petitiononline.com/rngeorge/petition.html"

Ivanna Pee

Apr 3, 2006, 1:00:38 PM4/3/06

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> Only it won't be called a third term. Instead it will be a mere
> extension of the second term and that's supposed to make it legal!!!

Good job. You have demonstrated that most of the these conspiracy
freaks will beleive anything. Anything at all! Look at all the
repsonses.

Aunt Judy likes it in the rear

Apr 3, 2006, 3:35:01 PM4/3/06

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Ragnar wrote:
> > Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> > the Fool.
>
> This is no joke. Bush has gotten away with stealing two elections and

It says "April Fool's" at the beginning of the article? Too retarded to
catch that, dumb ass? ROTFLMAO.

> blowing up WTC and lying america into war. So don't put a third term

Just because you're stupid and deluded enough to believe America was
"lied into war" doesn't mean the rest of the populace is so delusional.
But do have fun with that. :-)

> attempt past him. I mean who's gonna stop him. The democrats and the
> media are totally bought off.

As are the guys over at the register.

Tried sobriety yet, faggot? :-)

Aunt Judy likes it in the rear

Apr 3, 2006, 3:36:36 PM4/3/06

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> Only it won't be called a third term. Instead it will be a mere
> extension of the second term and that's supposed to make it legal!!!

Missed the "April Fool's" at the start of the article, huh faggot? No
wonder you dumbasses can't figure out how to operate voting devices.
ROTFLMAO.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 3, 2006, 5:41:12 PM4/3/06
On 01 Apr 2006 21:22:02 GMT, just...@hotmail.com (Jim Justjim) wrote:

>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE <xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Only it won't be called a third term. Instead it will be a mere
>> extension of the second term and that's supposed to make it legal!!!
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/01/gwot_cha/
>

>IF this is true then this criminal needs to be removed from office
>immediately.
>

>> Bush preps historic Third Term - memo
>>
>> By Thomas C Greene in Washington Published Saturday 1st April 2006

Perhaps you should look at this date and think about what day this is known
as.