my wag the dog theory

Alex

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
scenario 1 - wag the dog classic: the president decided after last Monday's
testimony to send the cruise missiles to deflect attention from the scandal.

NOT. Now try this:

scenario 2 - wag the dog with a twist: The president, knowing ahead of time
when the military attack would occur, chose the date of his
testimony/apology speech to be 2 days before the attack (and not
vice-versa).

Possible, because Clinton would have had advance knowledge of the attack.
For example, from the CBS news web page:

"The U.S. learned of Saudi militant Osama bin Laden's role in the U.S.
embassy bombings from spy satellites that have been eavesdropping on his
phone conversations for months."

anonymous

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Alex wrote in message
<6rofhk$jve$1...@nntp2.ba.best.com>...

>scenario 1 - wag the dog classic: the president
decided after last Monday's
>testimony to send the cruise missiles to deflect
attention from the scandal.

>NOT. Now try this:
>
>scenario 2 - wag the dog with a twist: The
president, knowing ahead of time
>when the military attack would occur, chose the
date of his
>testimony/apology speech to be 2 days before the
attack (and not
>vice-versa).
>
>Possible, because Clinton would have had advance
knowledge of the attack.
>For example, from the CBS news web page:

<snip>

Yep. Either way, more and more it is starting to
look like he had this all planned out for the
correct sequencing of events for his benefit.
Surely what he did is not going to help us out one
bit. You can count on that for sure!

Jim Glass

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
In article <6rofhk$jve$1...@nntp2.ba.best.com>, ale...@well.com says...

>scenario 1 - wag the dog classic: the president decided after last Monday's
>testimony to send the cruise missiles to deflect attention from the scandal.
>
>NOT. Now try this:
>
>scenario 2 - wag the dog with a twist: The president, knowing ahead of time
>when the military attack would occur, chose the date of his
>testimony/apology speech to be 2 days before the attack (and not
>vice-versa).
>
>Possible, because Clinton would have had advance knowledge of the attack.
>For example, from the CBS news web page:
>
>"The U.S. learned of Saudi militant Osama bin Laden's role in the U.S.
>embassy bombings from spy satellites that have been eavesdropping on his
>phone conversations for months."

Interesting but there is one little problem. It was the Iranians who sponsored
and masterminded the whole thing.

Clinton does not have the guts to bomb Tehran. So he beat up the little kids.

Jim Glass

User114793

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
>"The U.S. learned of Saudi militant Osama bin Laden's role in the U.S.
>>embassy bombings from spy satellites that have been eavesdropping on his
>>phone conversations for months."

Yes, and its is a shame that we struck a dry hole. The camp was empty. bin
Laden cancelled a meeting after the speech. Look's like he has a good grasp of
Bill Clintons motivies.
Patrick
vamponspace

ZACK SESSIONS

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
jfglass^^@mindspring.com (Jim Glass) writes:

>In article <6rofhk$jve$1...@nntp2.ba.best.com>, ale...@well.com says...
>>
>>scenario 1 - wag the dog classic: the president decided after last Monday's
>>testimony to send the cruise missiles to deflect attention from the scandal.
>>
>>NOT. Now try this:
>>
>>scenario 2 - wag the dog with a twist: The president, knowing ahead of time
>>when the military attack would occur, chose the date of his
>>testimony/apology speech to be 2 days before the attack (and not
>>vice-versa).
>>
>>Possible, because Clinton would have had advance knowledge of the attack.
>>For example, from the CBS news web page:
>>

>>"The U.S. learned of Saudi militant Osama bin Laden's role in the U.S.
>>embassy bombings from spy satellites that have been eavesdropping on his
>>phone conversations for months."

>Interesting but there is one little problem. It was the Iranians who sponsored

>and masterminded the whole thing.

>Clinton does not have the guts to bomb Tehran. So he beat up the little kids.

Howe come you're the only source I've seen claim the Iranians were at fault?

ZACK SESSIONS

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
user1...@aol.com (User114793) writes:

>>"The U.S. learned of Saudi militant Osama bin Laden's role in the U.S.
>>>embassy bombings from spy satellites that have been eavesdropping on his
>>>phone conversations for months."

>Yes, and its is a shame that we struck a dry hole. The camp was empty. bin

>Laden cancelled a meeting after the speech. Look's like he has a good grasp of
>Bill Clintons motivies.

The word I hard was that bin Laden cancelled HIS appearance at the meeting
after all non-essential Americans were ordered out of Pakistan.