Hex Selling Wankers..

f...@u.com

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
All this selling hex code shit sucks..

Why not fuck off to another group, this group is supposed to be for
R&D not for fucking tight tossers..

Ok, the phone HEX is hard to find but the cable (jerrold
superchip,etc) is easily found on the net and the bloke who wrote it
plus many other cable hex's is surely gonna get pissed and stop making
the hex (and source) available freely with all you wankers making
bucks out of his work..

None of you selling the phone HEX have shown u have a clue how it
works so once again your ripping other peoples R&D and making bucks..

You fucking killed the SKY scene by being greedy wankers & your gonna
do the same with cable/cellular..

So why not take your shitty attitude and go find another group
stopping spamming your dick adverts everywhere..

RaPt0r

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
what you forget is that we paid for it in the first place

gotta get our money back.

And if theres a buck to be made - big deal - do the people who have the hex
give the chips away for free ? do they fuck they sell em - so why shouldn't
we get money for the code ?

Joskyn ®

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
"RaPt0r" <i_ra...@hotmail.com> Dumped this Post, So thus comes my
Reply.:

>what you forget is that we paid for it in the first place
>
>gotta get our money back.
>
>And if theres a buck to be made - big deal - do the people who have the hex
>give the chips away for free ? do they fuck they sell em - so why shouldn't
>we get money for the code ?

As the man said, get the fuck out of here.

Your days of freedom are numbered asshole.

GFAD

Stephen

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
[Takes a deep breath]

Fuck. Off.
Yes you.
With the shitty hex codes at £50 a time.
I get paid £40 a week and I can run a mobile.
If you can't afford the charges DON'T BUY THE BLOODY PHONE
And if you must discuss this bollocks, do it somewhere that ISN'T
alt.ph.uk
^^
'Phreaking and hacking'

Not 'Making money out of something someone who truly believes in the p/h
ethos would be giving away.

I'm sorry, but all this bloody c12 diga bollocks is eally annoying the
crap out of me.

--
Stephen A.K.A [TiT] x-bow

cybe...@hotmail.com

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
Hope you didn't pay for Jerrold code cos all versions are placed on
the net for free by the blokes who wrote them and they are also more
than willing to answer questions it you have problems with it..

Decent blokes..

darren

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
Where are they then?
cybe...@hotmail.com wrote in message
<3820c3fb...@news.freeserve.net>...

David Tilley UK

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
Another one got the arseole because he can't get anyone to give him the code
for free!!

Jolt-Freak

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
>Another one got the arseole because he can't get anyone to give him the code
>for free!!

If someone wanted to code they could get hold of it (ok they may have
to pay but they would get hold of it) What a lot of people might enjoy
is a good discution on how this actually works because that couls be
quite interesting but I'd put my penny on the fact that all the people
who are selling it in here don't actually know how it works (i
apologise if i am wrong)

Jolt-Freak

Jazzy

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
i suggest that most people don't care how it works - they only care that it
works.

whats wrong with that ?

i see people moaning about us selling the code - whats their problem ? and
if someone wishes to pay for the code what has it got to do with anyone
else. The buyers are selling on the chips and making money - the end user is
getting free phone calls and is saving money.

I reckon that the wankers who are bitching about people selling the code are
just tight fisted cunts who couldn't afford to buy it anyway - and why would
they want it for free ? - so they could make the chips and give them away ?
I doubt it? they would sell them and make money - you fucking hypocrites.

Jolt-Freak <ste...@ph01480.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Vortex

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
On Fri, 05 Nov 1999 16:13:32 GMT, ste...@ph01480.freeserve.co.uk
(Jolt-Freak) wrote:
>If someone wanted to code they could get hold of it (ok they may have
>to pay but they would get hold of it) What a lot of people might enjoy
>is a good discution on how this actually works because that couls be
>quite interesting but I'd put my penny on the fact that all the people
>who are selling it in here don't actually know how it works (i
>apologise if i am wrong)
How Cellnet "chipping" works, based on minimal information and 0
electronics clues from me, actually a total (albeit educated) guess
but still hopefully a nice instigator of a decent conversation:

Well, as you can see, the information on the technical aspect of
chipping is quite sparse... However, from what I've gleaned it *seems*
to be [1] that the phone stores the credits on the phone itself, as
opposed to in a central telco database, which seems to me to be a
totally almighty fuckup on the part of BT Cellnet. (Do other networks
do this too? I'd always assumed it wasn't this way - due to the
security risks involved... heh)

Anyway, the credit level is held on the 25c32 chip on the phone's main
PCB, along with other (??) information unique to that phone (IMEI?
lock codes?). In legitimate use, credit is decremented and the new
level held in RAM, then when the phone is switched off the credit
information is written to the 25c32.

So all you have to do is to copy the contents of the 25c32 onto a
duplicate/similar chip capable of holding the software (the 24lc32),
write protect it (by bending up a few of the pins), and replace the
original chip with the new "read only" one, then when the phone is
switched off and the phone tries to write the credit level in RAM to
the 25c32, it's stopped dead. [2]

Now when you turn the phone on again, it reads the information in from
the 25c32 and, as the information wasn't written when you switched
off, it sees the unchanged value.

Sorted, free calls :)

However, this also has the effect of not allowing you to increment the
credit at a later date... Although this shouldn't matter too much ;)

(Technically, the other information - if any - contained on the chip
couldn't be modified either - question is, what else is stored on
there?)

The question here is, if I've miraculously got my speculations right,
why doesn't the phone software crash when confronted with a read-only
chip - is it literally such a one way process that it's "writing
blind" with no return "codes", or is it just another almighty fuckup
by BT Cellnet's programmers?

It would, however, explain why the early C12 mods that were being sold
were causing large blocks of phones to go down when one got blocked,
as the 25c32 carries other phone-specific information.

It also goes a long way to explaining why BT Cellnet are having
problems preventing chipping, as they basically have to re-configure
their entire network, including all existing phones, to use a
server-side (central telco database with credit records) as opposed to
client-side (credit held on individual handset) system.

Can someone clarify this? As I said above, it's an educated guess as
opposed to the actual rocket science behind the technique... so please
don't chase me with the thwacky stick if it's totally barking up the
wrong tree.

[1] - Using the 25c32 -> 24lc32, bending up a pin to write protect the
chip method, which requires no additional hex source, just the
replacement chip and an EPROM programmer.

I assume the chips using hexes somehow emulate the Cellnet network's
"add credit" signals or similar? Not knowing how this works
legitimately I'm at a loss to explain this one - although IIRC there's
a simple explanation floating around *somewhere*.

[2] - Erm, the switching off to re-credit bit was, in retrospect, with
the early Phillips Diga mods IIRC - am I right in thinking the C12
updates the chip "on the fly"? In which case, the 25c32 must be
written every time a unit is spent...

And now for something completely different... Jolt cola!

UK stockists are "B2" newsagents - there's two in the Brighton area :)
89p/500ml bottle which isn't bad considering it's specially imported.
Very, very syrupy, but it's altogether rather nice. And yes, it does
have the desired effect of a small caffeine/sugar rush :)

Jolt-Freak

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99
>i suggest that most people don't care how it works - they only care that it
>works.

mabey but some would still be interested in how it works

>whats wrong with that ?

nothing

>i see people moaning about us selling the code - whats their problem ? and
>if someone wishes to pay for the code what has it got to do with anyone
>else. The buyers are selling on the chips and making money - the end user is
>getting free phone calls and is saving money.

Ok fine but you must also see that 300 "buy C12 codes" messages can
annoy people?

>I reckon that the wankers who are bitching about people selling the code are
>just tight fisted cunts who couldn't afford to buy it anyway - and why would
>they want it for free ? - so they could make the chips and give them away ?
>I doubt it? they would sell them and make money - you fucking hypocrites.

No I belive they are just a bit pissed off at seeing "c12" all the
time and the ng being flooded by it (btw. mr. superchips could you
please just post one not 7 at a time)

Jolt-Freak

Jolt-Freak

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99
>On Fri, 05 Nov 1999 16:13:32 GMT, ste...@ph01480.freeserve.co.uk
>(Jolt-Freak) wrote:
>>If someone wanted to code they could get hold of it (ok they may have
>>to pay but they would get hold of it) What a lot of people might enjoy
>>is a good discution on how this actually works because that couls be
>>quite interesting but I'd put my penny on the fact that all the people
>>who are selling it in here don't actually know how it works (i
>>apologise if i am wrong)
>*********************************************************************************
>How Cellnet "chipping" works, based on minimal information and 0
>electronics clues from me, actually a total (albeit educated) guess
>but still hopefully a nice instigator of a decent conversation:
>*********************************************************************************

Thanx a lot for this

>Well, as you can see, the information on the technical aspect of
>chipping is quite sparse... However, from what I've gleaned it *seems*
>to be [1] that the phone stores the credits on the phone itself, as
>opposed to in a central telco database, which seems to me to be a
>totally almighty fuckup on the part of BT Cellnet. (Do other networks
>do this too? I'd always assumed it wasn't this way - due to the
>security risks involved... heh)

I'm 99% sure other networks are server side credited. and yes it is a
almighty fuck you by BT cellnet (oh goodie another nial to put in the
large coffin and some egg on thier face :>) _

>Anyway, the credit level is held on the 25c32 chip on the phone's main
>PCB, along with other (??) information unique to that phone (IMEI?
>lock codes?). In legitimate use, credit is decremented and the new
>level held in RAM, then when the phone is switched off the credit
>information is written to the 25c32.

umm Now what is that other data? and i wonder what could be done with
it?

>However, this also has the effect of not allowing you to increment the
>credit at a later date... Although this shouldn't matter too much ;)

:>) off/on oh look i've got another £20 :>)

>(Technically, the other information - if any - contained on the chip
>couldn't be modified either - question is, what else is stored on
>there?)

umm methinks this could prove to be very interesting now we need to
find that bloke who made the code anyone know who he is / where to
find him ?

>The question here is, if I've miraculously got my speculations right,
>why doesn't the phone software crash when confronted with a read-only
>chip - is it literally such a one way process that it's "writing
>blind" with no return "codes", or is it just another almighty fuckup
>by BT Cellnet's programmers?

take a big guess here come on REALLY stick your neck out :>)

>And now for something completely different... Jolt cola!

w00h00

>UK stockists are "B2" newsagents - there's two in the Brighton area :)
>89p/500ml bottle which isn't bad considering it's specially imported.
>Very, very syrupy, but it's altogether rather nice. And yes, it does
>have the desired effect of a small caffeine/sugar rush :)

Excelent now where did I see a B2 store, umm isn't there one in
picadilly circus?

Jolt-Freak

mischief

Nov 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/7/99

Jolt-Freak wrote in message <38232add...@news.freeserve.net>...

>>i suggest that most people don't care how it works - they only care that
it
>>works.
>
>mabey but some would still be interested in how it works
>
>>whats wrong with that ?
>
>nothing

bollocks.

what is wrong with that is that this is a hacking/phreaking newsgroup, where
understanding is more important than effect. take it elsewhere,

SathackUK

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
Myself and other regularly post command sets etc but they are ignored. The
average plonker just wants to solder a chip in, charge their mates xxx and
call themselves a hacker Pete Rixon style.....

Dave

Jolt-Freak <ste...@ph01480.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Jolt-Freak

Nov 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/14/99
>Myself and other regularly post command sets etc but they are ignored. The
>average plonker just wants to solder a chip in, charge their mates xxx and
>call themselves a hacker Pete Rixon style.....

unfortuanatly this is true, some wanker at my school has now got a,
and i quote, "really cool hacking program" and he now calls himself a
hacker the sad thing is that all his m8's think he is really cool and
think he is a great hacker. unfortuantly the people who are interested
in how it works (the real hackers) are dying out and being repalced
with these lamers with hacking programs. It's the same thing with the
majority of society they don't care how it works just that they get
free calls :>( and it's not gona change.

>Dave

Jolt-Freakl

Spikéĸ Ņörman

Nov 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/15/99
Jolt-Freak <ste...@ph01480.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Clicky Clicky....SNIP

> It's the same thing with the
> majority of society they don't care how it works just that they get
> free calls :>( and it's not gona change.
>

> Jolt-Freakl

It can change. It's suprising what one can achieve with unlimited
enthusiasm and a chainsaw.

---Spikey
"Johnny The Horse Was Kicked To Death"

The Greenflash

Nov 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/15/99
> It can change. It's suprising what one can achieve with unlimited
> enthusiasm and a chainsaw.

But with the above combination I still havent got the crappy OEM Heatsink
off my PIII)

Rich

GiveMeTV

Nov 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/15/99
Jolt-Freak wrote:
>unfortuanatly this is true, some wanker at my school has now got a,
>and i quote, "really cool hacking program" and he now calls himself a
>hacker the sad thing is that all his m8's think he is really cool and
>think he is a great hacker.

My school is full of wankers who think they're l33t because they memorised a
list of RM usernames/passwords. Type "anarchy" in a search engine and you get
instructions on how to make thermite. Type "phreaking" and you get 1980's blue
box plans. Type "hacking" and 1000 ICQ punter's pop up... the web is populated
by morons who can't see further than their copy of BO, and you're right, it is
sad.

>unfortuantly the people who are interested
>in how it works (the real hackers) are dying out and being repalced

>with these lamers with hacking programs. It's the same thing with the

>majority of society they don't care how it works just that they get
>free calls :>( and it's not gona change.

...Probably not. People want things with minimal fuss, not just in the
computing world, but throughout the whole of our society. Still, I guess that
makes those with a will to learn all the more special. Perhaps if linux becomes
widely used by the average PC user (something which I doubt at the moment)
things will change... but I can't help thinking that I would have enjoyed
myself more if I'd been around in the days of BBS's. Ah well :)

William

Nov 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/15/99
I have the HEX codes for the diga, I have tried to convert the code to
assembly, but it comes up nonsense. Does any one have the assembly for
the diga OR know of a program to create the assembly. It should help me
understand a bit more about the hack.

I know how, and why, the eeprom replacement hack works, its the 12c508
bit I am interested in.

Many thanks.

Wil...@solid-gold.tcp.co.uk

Jolt-Freak wrote:

> >Myself and other regularly post command sets etc but they are ignored. The
> >average plonker just wants to solder a chip in, charge their mates xxx and
> >call themselves a hacker Pete Rixon style.....
>

> unfortuanatly this is true, some wanker at my school has now got a,
> and i quote, "really cool hacking program" and he now calls himself a
> hacker the sad thing is that all his m8's think he is really cool and

> think he is a great hacker. unfortuantly the people who are interested

> in how it works (the real hackers) are dying out and being repalced
> with these lamers with hacking programs. It's the same thing with the
> majority of society they don't care how it works just that they get
> free calls :>( and it's not gona change.
>

> >Dave
>
> Jolt-Freakl

Jolt-Freak

Nov 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/15/99
>Jolt-Freak wrote:
>>unfortuanatly this is true, some wanker at my school has now got a,
>>and i quote, "really cool hacking program" and he now calls himself a
>>hacker the sad thing is that all his m8's think he is really cool and
>>think he is a great hacker.
>
>My school is full of wankers who think they're l33t because they memorised a
>list of RM usernames/passwords. Type "anarchy" in a search engine and you get
>instructions on how to make thermite. Type "phreaking" and you get 1980's blue
>box plans. Type "hacking" and 1000 ICQ punter's pop up... the web is populated
>by morons who can't see further than their copy of BO, and you're right, it is
>sad.

at my school they don't even bother to memorize a list of passes.

>>unfortuantly the people who are interested
>>in how it works (the real hackers) are dying out and being repalced
>>with these lamers with hacking programs. It's the same thing with the
>>majority of society they don't care how it works just that they get
>>free calls :>( and it's not gona change.
>

>...Probably not. People want things with minimal fuss, not just in the
>computing world, but throughout the whole of our society. Still, I guess that
>makes those with a will to learn all the more special. Perhaps if linux becomes
>widely used by the average PC user (something which I doubt at the moment)
>things will change... but I can't help thinking that I would have enjoyed
>myself more if I'd been around in the days of BBS's. Ah well :)

In a strange way I don't want LINUX to be used by everyone I like the
fact it is an operating system that is ment for people who enjoy
fooling around with computers and is not excessable by everyone it's
nice to know that you are one of only a few people who can use it I
like that. But at the same time I want it to get out and sell to
everyone and do well because it deserves that. I suppose that one day
LINUX will be used by all, but by that time we will all be ranting and
raving about another new operating system which is even better that
linux (prolly BSD). All I hope is that at the end there will be no
more people who don't care how it works but thats probabally an empty
hope :>(

Jolt-Freak

GiveMeTV

Nov 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/16/99
Jolt-Freak wrote:
>In a strange way I don't want LINUX to be used by everyone I like the
>fact it is an operating system that is ment for people who enjoy
>fooling around with computers and is not excessable by everyone it's
>nice to know that you are one of only a few people who can use it I
>like that.

Very true, actually... although I get laughed at for using slackware on my
laptop... my classmates can't handle non-GUI's :)
I think for schoolwork, linux is a far better OS to work with. For a start you
have grep and find commands which actually WORK, compared to window's puny
start/find. I can also get about 4-5 hours out of my laptop battery, compared
to 45 minutes from windows WITH APM installed, and 2 hours from MS-DOS.

Jolt-Freak

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
>Jolt-Freak wrote:
>>In a strange way I don't want LINUX to be used by everyone I like the
>>fact it is an operating system that is ment for people who enjoy
>>fooling around with computers and is not excessable by everyone it's
>>nice to know that you are one of only a few people who can use it I
>>like that.
>
>Very true, actually... although I get laughed at for using slackware on my
>laptop... my classmates can't handle non-GUI's :)

Most of the people in my school can't handle anything more that risc
os on acorns :>), I get called a computer geek for my obsesion with
computers but that's it although I had a girl at the back of the
geography class shout out "did you hack THE IRA computer" I couldn't
stop laughing It then carried on to did you hack the NASA, CIA, MI5
ect... It was quite funny at the time but i got a strange look from
the teacher

>I think for schoolwork, linux is a far better OS to work with. For a start you
>have grep and find commands which actually WORK, compared to window's puny
>start/find. I can also get about 4-5 hours out of my laptop battery, compared
>to 45 minutes from windows WITH APM installed, and 2 hours from MS-DOS.

kewl I'm getting a laptop for christmas and i was deciding what OS to
put on it (I've decided not to have doze on it) but where can i get a
copy of slack (I mean a full boxed copy cause I like having all the
manuals on my shelf to read when i am bored) and how much is it?

Jolt-Freak

James Bendall

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
GiveMeTV <give...@aol.com> wrote:

>...Probably not. People want things with minimal fuss, not just in the
>computing world, but throughout the whole of our society. Still, I guess that
>makes those with a will to learn all the more special. Perhaps if linux becomes
>widely used by the average PC user (something which I doubt at the moment)
>things will change... but I can't help thinking that I would have enjoyed
>myself more if I'd been around in the days of BBS's. Ah well :)

The days of BBSs have ended?!?!?!

--
James - ja...@the-axiom.demon.co.uk
Fidonet - 2:253/9 - http://come.to/foti

faisal ashraf

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
It would be intersteing to know exactly how it works and as far as
i know. The hex code programed in to the mod chip writes to the eeprom at
the location where the information for credits is stored. This obviously
only occurs when the phone is switched off an put back on again. this is as
far as I have managed to find out.

I agree with dave when it comes to these lame arse wankers who don`t know
shit and like to sell with a name tag arround there necks. The plaque
should say "lame arse wanker who don`t know shit from shat". I am new to
the seen and I would be lame in comparison to the genuine article. but i
believe in understanding rather than bragging. If you understand and brag
then you`ve got something to brag about. anyway enough of my shit. I would
like to know serious phreakers and hackers and would like to be the prodogy
( fuck knows how you spell it) of the people that understand.

phase

Jolt-Freak <ste...@ph01480.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> >Myself and other regularly post command sets etc but they are ignored.
The
> >average plonker just wants to solder a chip in, charge their mates xxx
and
> >call themselves a hacker Pete Rixon style.....
>

> unfortuanatly this is true, some wanker at my school has now got a,
> and i quote, "really cool hacking program" and he now calls himself a
> hacker the sad thing is that all his m8's think he is really cool and

> think he is a great hacker. unfortuantly the people who are interested

> in how it works (the real hackers) are dying out and being repalced
> with these lamers with hacking programs. It's the same thing with the
> majority of society they don't care how it works just that they get
> free calls :>( and it's not gona change.
>

> >Dave
>
> Jolt-Freakl

GiveMeTV

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
James Bendall wrote:
>The days of BBSs have ended?!?!?!

Well... the days when BBSs 'ruled' have ended...
I'm guessing that you got (and still get) a better class of person on BBSs
compared to USENET.

Slider

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

faisal ashraf wrote:

Well what i think you should do is, point out that it is lame and give him a
disk with the BO2k trojan... that should make him less fashionable...

> unfortuantly the people who are interested
> > in how it works (the real hackers) are dying out and being repalced
> > with these lamers with hacking programs.

Hey, i do not support that ecusation. I might be called a bit of old skool/New
kid on the block. I might be you say a bit of both (Im not Bi-sexual i have a
nice GF thankyou very much!) Ask, mischief, or others from the hants2600 crew
they will tell you im more old skool, but, i like to test out all the new
gadgets/proggies/scripts that are making script kiddies even lamer, just to stay
on top of the scene and to see how the programs work....

Its just script kiddies that use BO that are giving the scene a bad name... Ok.
so Back orifice was cool when it came out, but... now its just something that is
mentioned when people get bored, or are reading old posts... (like this one)

> It's the same thing with the
> > majority of society they don't care how it works just that they get
> > free calls :>( and it's not gona change.

Quite right... If im happy that my network is running ok. I wont change it
unless something bigger or better comes along... (which it wont, trust me... im
cutting edge man, balancing on the side of elite and shit man... *SLAP* thanks
i was beginning to ramble on)

> > >Dave
> >
> > Jolt-Freak

Slider.

I am the path between old skool and the new age...