An Update to "Please help me decide" ..

Hez...@pipeline.com

Aug 25, 2006, 6:22:04 PM8/25/06
Oh the webs we weave.. I continued to feed the "now" three kittens. I
used a lot of information I got from you guys when I posted earlier
under "Please help me decide" topic. Matthew gave me some solid links
to places to contact. Others told me to make sure and do the
responsible thing and have the kittens at least fixed. Well.. I am
doing all that. The shelters I called are packed with animals and
would need people to foster the animals until adopted and now my dear
hubby (if anyone wants to adopt him let me know) won't cooperate to
hold the kitties until we can find them homes. That is another long
story. For now, this is the situation: 3 kittens at the outskirts of a
residential neighborhood where signs are posted "not to feed" the
strays. I still sneak and feed them, mainly on the bare floor or on
leaves. I went back an early evening to see if they would let me put
some Frontline on them, since part of their plight seemed to be not
only lack of food by an abundance of ectoparasites. I found them
trying to hide under some openings at the foundation of one of the
buildings while teenagers threw firecrackers at them. The kittens
would go as far under the building as they could and the kids found it
hilarious how the cats would bite, hiss and scratched each other after
the big "bang". Poor angels were terrified and cried in the most
heart wrenching way. I told them that I would call the cops and they
left. Not before insulting me and calling me b....

My husband can't think of the thought of me bringing "illnesses"
to our cats, so he is not exactly cooperating with me bringing strays
home and wants nothing to do with any more cats and even if I trap them
and have them fixed to release, they need a place to stay until they
recuperate from the surgery.

That is all I need... I am not sure how I can return them to their
hostile environment, but I want at least to give them that gift. There
is a "service" that I found listed on the net, but I need to verify
if they are truly trustworthy. (http://www.fixingfelines.com/). I
don't mind their fees at all, but I would rather make a donation to a
program. Does anyone knows about this kind of services? I contacted
Alley Cats Allies today and they sent me some names of local "friends".
Please, please pray that I find someone who'll help me. I am at the
end of my rope.

Thank you very much for listening/reading,

MaryL

Aug 25, 2006, 6:58:16 PM8/25/06

<Hez...@pipeline.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> I contacted
> Alley Cats Allies today and they sent me some names of local "friends".
> Please, please pray that I find someone who'll help me. I am at the
> end of my rope.
>
> Thank you very much for listening/reading,

What kind of local "friends" did Alley Cats Allies refer you to? The
chapter in my area will trap feral cats and kittens. Those that adoptable
are placed with foster homes, although those homes are sometimes in short
supply. Cats that are not adoptable but healthy are neutered/spayed and
released. They have a number of feeding stations for ferals that are
maintained (regular monitoring and feeding). They even have one at the back
of one of the local Kroger's, with Kroger's permission, and they have a card
that Kroger will scan each time we buy anything there. A small percentage
of our purchases is then donated to Alley Cats. (Guess where I shop
regularly??!)

MaryL

Hez...@pipeline.com

Aug 25, 2006, 7:09:29 PM8/25/06

Hi MaryL.. they gave me two "private" numbers (I am hoping these people
will help me to the extent you mentioned) Then they gave me the number
for Cat Network, Caring About the Strays, and County Animal Services.
Two of them I had already contact it. They called these their "Feral
Friends Network" I am crossing my fingers, but probably wont get much
info during the weekend.