Sorry-off topic, BUT do you know the answer?

Michael A. White

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

This came over the fax today. Does ANYONE know the answer to this
riddle?

There a 3 words in the english language that end in "gry".
ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what
the third ONE means and what it stands for, everyONE uses
them everyday. And if you listened carefully, I've given
you the third word.

What is it _______gry?

We're all stumped. Write me you know the answer, please!

Michael

LadyRose

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Dear Michael,

the answer is Gry. :)

Have a great weekend!
--

@)-->-->--- @)-->-->--- @)-->-->--- @)-->-->---
Lady...@ix.netcom.com

Ana Diaz

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96
to Michael A. White

Michael A. White wrote:

> This came over the fax today. Does ANYONE know the answer to this
> riddle?
>
> There a 3 words in the english language that end in "gry".
> ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what
> the third ONE means and what it stands for, everyONE uses
> them everyday. And if you listened carefully, I've given
> you the third word.

How about hu*g* you*r* hone*y*?????

--
Ana Diaz
Smiling at you!

Krissy Campbell

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96
to Ana Diaz, Michael A. White

I like that answer!!!

-=sMp=-

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

In <320AD1...@gnn.com> "Michael A. White" <My...@gnn.com> writes:

>This came over the fax today. Does ANYONE know the answer to this
>riddle?
>
>There a 3 words in the english language that end in "gry".
>ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what
>the third ONE means and what it stands for, everyONE uses
>them everyday. And if you listened carefully, I've given
>you the third word.
>
> What is it _______gry?
>
>We're all stumped. Write me you know the answer, please!
>
>Michael

yea, we did that one in school and i was MAD when i found the answer,
not because it was easy, cuz i've never used the word before, you ad a
prefix to one of the words, i think it is inangry.

sMp

Mike Buckley

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

check out rec.humor they had a MAJOR sized thread about this - I'm not
really sure what the conclusion was...

Mike mi...@cotspig.demon.co.uk

It's spelt Raymond Luxury Yacht but it's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove

Michael Voight

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96
to Michael A. White

Michael A. White wrote:

> This came over the fax today. Does ANYONE know the answer to this
> riddle?
>
> There a 3 words in the english language that end in "gry".
> ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what
> the third ONE means and what it stands for, everyONE uses
> them everyday. And if you listened carefully, I've given
> you the third word.
>
> What is it _______gry?
>
> We're all stumped. Write me you know the answer, please!
>
> Michael

Yes, the old english word "anhungry"
See http://www.psd.k12.co.us/archive/kidsphere/0295.html

Michael
Santa Cruz, CA

Erik McCormick

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

Ana Diaz wrote:

> Michael A. White wrote:
> >
> > This came over the fax today. Does ANYONE know the answer to this
> > riddle?
> >
> > There a 3 words in the english language that end in "gry".
> > ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what
> > the third ONE means and what it stands for, everyONE uses
> > them everyday. And if you listened carefully, I've given
> > you the third word.
> I think the word you are looking for is ONFERGRY. It is a political
term that deals with the economic stability of Madagascar.

Just kidding! I have no idea.

Erik

Just Curious

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

Krissy Campbell wrote:

> I like that answer!!!
>
> On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Ana Diaz wrote:
>
> > Michael A. White wrote:
> > >
> > > This came over the fax today. Does ANYONE know the answer to this
> > > riddle?
> > >
> > > There a 3 words in the english language that end in "gry".
> > > ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what
> > > the third ONE means and what it stands for, everyONE uses
> > > them everyday. And if you listened carefully, I've given
> > > you the third word.
> >
> > How about hu*g* you*r* hone*y*?????
> >
> > --
> > Ana Diaz
> > Smiling at you!
> > from Tampa FL, USA

Hi!

There are 3 additional words -

'Puggry,' 'aggry,' and 'gry.'

A puggry is a type of headgear, an aggry is a glass bead, and a
gry is a unit of measurement.

Just Curious

"Wherever you go, there you are" Peter Weller, 'The Adventures of
Buckaroo Banzai"

Barry

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Krissy Campbell wrote:

> I like that answer!!!
>
> On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Ana Diaz wrote:
>
> > Michael A. White wrote:
> > >
> > > This came over the fax today. Does ANYONE know the answer to this
> > > riddle?
> > >
> > > There a 3 words in the english language that end in "gry".
> > > ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what
> > > the third ONE means and what it stands for, everyONE uses
> > > them everyday. And if you listened carefully, I've given
> > > you the third word.
> >
> > How about hu*g* you*r* hone*y*?????
> >
> > --
> > Ana Diaz
> > Smiling at you!
> > from Tampa FL, USA

yes, as a matter o' fact i do:)

Dave Boyle

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96
to kc62...@oak.cats.ohiou.edu

I like girls who like that answer! Write me.

Dave