Oh No, Another peeve about children.....

colleen condron

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

I must peeve or explode. I am being driven crazy by my housing complex's
children. They are everywhere, always, and ALWAYS AT FULL VOLUME. The
crumb grinders were in the communal backyard playing when I left for work some
13 hours ago, and they are still there. Screaming. And yelling those inane
things that only kids will yell. Over and over and over. Did I mention they
scream? I am going to have to move when my lease is up...in 10 months....I
don't see the parents of the most obnoxious ones....only hear them "hollering"
for the kids. I am waiting for one of the little trolls to destroy my tomato
plants....THEN we'll see who can scream the loudest.....

And yes, in case there are misc.kids people out there...the kids have a right
to play in their own yard....(which also happens to be *my* yard) But holy
vocal cords, Batman, don'tcha think the parents of these shriekers MIGHT ask
them to come in a play quietly now and then? Don'tcha think these parents
might think that MAYBE there are OTHER people living in this working class
townhouse tenement who MIGHT want to hear something other than children
screaming during all of their waking hours? (like, uh, I dunno, SILENCE?)

I am on my last nerve, and these kids will be playing out there until
midnight...and people wonder why the government wants to set a curfew for kids
under 18...'cuz most parents are too stupid to do it themselves.......ah
well....the kids have a right to play....I have a right to pack up my stuff
and spend a thousand dollars to move.....life just ain't fair.....

yours in peevishness....

No parking EXCEPT FOR BOB

Jun 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/16/96

colleen condron <cond...@pop.service.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

>I must peeve or explode.

[etc.]

And how I wish certain other recent immigrants had opted for the latter...

Bob O`Bob

No parking EXCEPT FOR BOB

Jun 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/19/96

Massive peeve: people (I'm being generous here, I know) who think that
a usenet posting is an invitation to email.

You're wrong, folks, all of you.

Note to condron.3: This time, I'm not using the word "other."
It would zoom over your head again anyway.

Bob

#From cond...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu Tue Jun 18 21:20:45 1996
#To: obr...@netcom.com (No parking EXCEPT FOR BOB)
#From: cond...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (colleen condron)
#Subject: Re: Oh No, Another peeve about children.....
#Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 00:09:00 GMT
#
#In article <obrienDt...@netcom.com> obr...@netcom.com (No parking EXCEPT FOR BOB) writes:
#>
#
#>colleen condron <cond...@pop.service.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
#
#>>I must peeve or explode.
#>[etc.]
#
#>And how I wish certain other recent immigrants had opted for the latter...
#
#OOOOOO I have been chastised by the sole arbiter of all things good and right
#on alt.peeves, the great and mighty Bob 'O Bob.
#
#I have read enough of your posts to know that you are a fucking asshole. What
#kind of a sad human being must you truly be to look at the world through such
#a hostile and nasty lens. Of course, I realize you are getting off on the
#fact that you pissed me off enough to respond to you. How about this...I
#won't read any more of your posts, and you don't need to read any more of
#mine. Deal?

No deals. Stay out of my mailbox, now and forever.
You're too stupid to see that word "other" up there,
and I'll never be so generous in your case again.

#
#FOAD
#

I'd let you bite me, but I haven't had a tetanus booster recently.

Rick Gordon

Jun 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/20/96

No parking EXCEPT FOR BOB wrote:

>Massive peeve: people (I'm being generous here, I know) who think that
>a usenet posting is an invitation to email.
>
>You're wrong, folks, all of you.

Where do you get these sillyass ideas from, Bo'B? Every newsreader I've
ever used has an option to reply to the author of a post, rather than
post a reply to the newsgroup. Every time you post an article to this
or any other newsgroup you issue an implicit invitation to reply to
your lunkheaded persiflage, either in public or as a personal deposit
to your mailbox. You may not like it, but that's the way it's always
been and that's the way it is, pilgrim.

Oh, and just so you know: Posting private Email without the sender's
permission is considered in many quarters the mark of an inoperably
hopeless weenie.

--
Rick Gordon | "Loud is good."
ri...@crl.com | -- Frank Loesser