Abreaction - and why spankers are misled.

0;->

Jan 18, 2006, 11:22:01 PM1/18/06
abreaction

n : (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions [syn: catharsis,
katharsis]

There is a phenomena that takes place when an abrupt and startling
event takes place. It is called "abreaction." It also can happen when
something unique and different in a profound way happens to an
individual.

It is mediated, of course, by the perceptions of the recipient.

In the field of mental health this has sometimes been recognized and
used, especially in hospital treatment centers. Cold baths, or
wrapping in wet sheets does in fact tend to calm patients.

The use of corporal punishment is most certainly to have this effect
everytime it is used.

Rather like post orgasmic resolution this effect appears in the child
right after being spanked, and is misunderstood and mislabled
"obedience," or "compliance," with often both the parent and child
exhibiting all the characteristics of this emotional letdown that comes
as a result of abreaction. In fact it simply is abreaction.

Is it useful?

Well, you remember the old movies were someone who has become
hysterical gets slapped and sure enough they calm down? It's far more
profound than the actors depicted.

Tension drains from the body. The mind goes blank and somewhat
tracelike in it's activity.

In fact, a person is highly suseptable to suggestion in such moments.
Some know this and take advantage of it.

Parents can, but this brings up some ethical as well as abuse
questions.

Is a parent so right in all things that they should use such moments to
'indoctrinate' a child?

Is it ethical to jar a person into abreaction for any reason,
purposefully?

This folks is why parents think spanking "works."

The child is responding just as a prisoner in a POW camp does and did
during the Korean war when such methods were borrowed from the mental
health profession and put to use to break the detainees.

Do you want a broken child, or a fully developed human being?

The former is "cannon fodder," and a slavish consumer more likely.

They can be led about easily by the clever and willing and
unscrupulous.

The child raised through full trust (not the phony appearance of it
that comes right after spanking, because of abreaction) and support of
their learning without humiliation and pain does not provide any
handles for others to get ahold of and use. The are independent. Self
determined.

You get what you make.

A beaten slave, or a human at her majority well into her potential
solidly.

Think when you spank what you might be creating.

Kane

Doan

Jan 19, 2006, 1:03:49 PM1/19/06

Did this include the Hutterites? ;-)

Doan

beccafromlalaland

Jan 20, 2006, 9:18:56 AM1/20/06

Wow, good article.

--
beccafromlalaland

Kane

Jan 20, 2006, 2:39:07 PM1/20/06

beccafromlalaland wrote:
> Wow, good article.

Mmm...I didn't mean to write it as an article. Sounded that stiff, eh?

No, it's from something I've taught though. Many many years ago.

And it IS what fools spankers into thinking 'it works.'

It's just brainwashing and creating a "compliant" child. Not a self
regulating one.

But I said that.

Thanks for the compliment.

You are making a good point on what you say.

I have a problem with accepting that those things we have over the
animals, the power of speech, the capacity to control our young with
more exactness and subtlety than animals, even building our homes and
containers for them, replaced, or should have, long ago, the use of
pain to teach. The ability to reason as they grow older. All these
things animals lack. So they use pain.

In fact it should be a marker for 'humaness" that we do not hurt our
young to teach them, because we don't have to and are too moral to.
Unlike animals.

Kane

Doan

Jan 20, 2006, 3:06:57 PM1/20/06

LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

Doan

Doan

Jan 20, 2006, 3:13:27 PM1/20/06

Hi beccafromlalalan,

http://www.mindworks.uk.com/website/abreaction.htm

"An abreaction is an unpleasant response that may occur during trance. It
is usually triggered as repressed uncomfortable memories are brought to
conscious awareness during trance. This may happen at any time during
hypnosis as the subject is accessing areas of the mind that are normally
beyond conscious awareness, but it is more likely to occur during
regression.

Many therapists attempt to induce an abreaction in their patients as a
form of therapy, to help them release unconscious emotional energy. This
can yield remarkable results. Other therapists prefer to look at a
traumatic experience from a disassociated position, allowing more recently
gained wisdom to change the way that an event affects their life."

Just another of Ignoranus Kane0's "formidable research skill"! ;-)

Doan

0:->

Jan 20, 2006, 6:01:11 PM1/20/06

Doan wrote:
> Hi beccafromlalalan,
>
> http://www.mindworks.uk.com/website/abreaction.htm
>
> "An abreaction is an unpleasant response that may occur during trance. It
> is usually triggered as repressed uncomfortable memories are brought to
> conscious awareness during trance. This may happen at any time during
> hypnosis as the subject is accessing areas of the mind that are normally
> beyond conscious awareness, but it is more likely to occur during
> regression.
>
> Many therapists attempt to induce an abreaction in their patients as a
> form of therapy, to help them release unconscious emotional energy. This
> can yield remarkable results. Other therapists prefer to look at a
> traumatic experience from a disassociated position, allowing more recently
> gained wisdom to change the way that an event affects their life."

"Abreaction" is confined to therapy? In fact, this is a good argument
for exactly what I described...that there is a reaction, called
"abreaction," from the "trauma," in my example, spanking a child.

> Just another of Ignoranus Kane0's "formidable research skill"! ;-)

Just how desperate are you for attention, child?

> Doan

This citation of yours proves that abreaction happens in no other
circumstances?

For instance, is a startle reaction limited only to sudden frightening
events driving in traffic?

Brilliant monkeyboy. Just brilliant.

You are a child, and likely stay that way because of childhood trauma.
So sad.

The unspanked child doesn't usually have these kinds of spastic
isolations of principles in a discussion. Unable to see the whole
elephant, they think it's all a piece of rope.

Normal people already know that a reaction, for instance, abreaction in
this case, isn't limited to one set of circumstances.

You still have the same "logic" you have always had: an overwhelming
desire to argue and get attention at any cost, even making a complete
fool of yourself if that's what it takes.

Find an argument or data that shows a spanked child is NOT at risk of
an "abreaction" response and you have a real debating point.

Sadly, you will likely never grow up. At least not until you face the
childhood trauma of having your trusted parent hit you.

Go away, you poor foolish boy. Let the adults move on with their
concerns about the safety and humane parenting of children.

Ca-thar-sis (from dictionary.com):

1. Medicine. Purgation, especially for the digestive system.
2. A purifying or figurative cleansing of the emotions, especially
pity and fear, described by Aristotle as an effect of tragic drama on
its audience.
3. A release of emotional tension, as after an overwhelming
experience, that restores or refreshes the spirit.
4. Psychology.
1. A technique used to relieve tension and anxiety by bringing
repressed feelings and fears to consciousness.
2. The therapeutic result of this process; abreaction."

Thus it could be argued that "spanking" is therapeutic. Anyone want to
tackle that as a rationale for spanking?

Presumably therapy is for a purpose other than learning. I pointed out
that this technique used in "brainwashing" was borrowed from the field
of psychology -- therapy.

It is inappropriate for it to be used for other purposes. And likely
has considerable risk in the hands of anyone but a trained therapist.

This IS how monsters are made.

"Abreaction" is so respected by the psychology field for it's potential
for harm and even warping reality they caution in papers on therapy:
"
The
extended interviewing format allows the
evaluator to gain an understanding of
how the child processes information,
child's self perception and any indicators
of dissociation, child's relationship with
family members and suspected alleged
perpetrator, the alleged abuse events, and
most importantly to carefully pace the
questioning of abuse related topics to
minimize abreaction or the use of dissociative
mechanisms which can affect recall.
"

In other words, it is a risk to the child's mental health....the
factual objective perception of reality.

That's how monsters are made.

In fact this publication has another article on the subject of school
paddling that is very worth a read...for the revelation that the
rationale claimed by some black proponents of paddling that it's a
tradition and a cultural thing from Africa is dumped upside down by a
black scholar of great repute:

http://atrium.issd.org/membersonly/NewslettersPDF/ISSD04Ja.pdf

The
school board in Dallas, TX recently
debated the cp issue. One board member
commented that paddling is a part of
black culture. However, as noted by
black psychiatrist Dr. Alvin Puissant of
Harvard, paddling was not a part of
African culture. Paddling and other forms
of cp became a part of black American
culture, and southern culture in general,
as a part of slavery. Just as slaves were
whipped to break their spirits and force
them to do backbreaking labor on plantations,
they began whipping their own
children, to make them compliant so
they would not rebel and be sold off to a
different plantation owner and thus
become separated forever from the parents.

"Make them compliant," as a slave must be to survive. Do we wish to
raise compliant slaves, or even compliant human beings?

0:->

Doan

Jan 20, 2006, 6:33:25 PM1/20/06

It has NOTHING to do with spanking, STUPID!

Doan

0:->

Jan 20, 2006, 7:33:05 PM1/20/06

Doan wrote:
> It has NOTHING to do with spanking, STUPID!

"It" as in your quote may not, but prove that spanking has no "shock"
effect followed by abreaction.

That is not more attainable, Dancing Screeching Hysterical Monkeyboy,
than your silly attempt to find 'The Line.'

R R R R R R

Want to make a wild guess who thinks who the stupid one is here?

When you figure out how to spank without shock to the child's system,
and subsequent "cathartic release of tension" the description for
"abreaction," let the spankers know..all those believing they are doing
no harm will love you for your proof.

I was writing for the benefit of parents, and I know you haven't found
your Monkeylove yet, and most likely because none would want a child by
you. Not one you could get your hands on at any rate.

The parents who have spanked can easily recognize this phenomea. They
just didn't realise it wasn't so much agreement with them by the child,
but simply a bio-chemical reaction in the child.

By the way, continued stressors tend to make a human being prone to
depression.

You do recall that here and there have been claims that the spanked
child tends toward mental illness, no?

That's one. Clinical Depression. The most common in our society. Oddly,
a society that spanks at a rate, you claim, of about 90% of all
children. Weird eh? Probably no connection though. 0:->

You poor poor boy.

Is THIS how you avoid the depressing fact that you were brutalized by
your parents when you were a child?

See a shrink. Long term the prognosis is not good, DSHM.

0:->

Doan

Jan 20, 2006, 9:22:35 PM1/20/06
On 20 Jan 2006, 0:-> wrote:

> Doan wrote:
> > It has NOTHING to do with spanking, STUPID!
>
> "It" as in your quote may not, but prove that spanking has no "shock"
> effect followed by abreaction.

What? Stop making a fool of yourself! ;-)

> That is not more attainable, Dancing Screeching Hysterical Monkeyboy,
> than your silly attempt to find 'The Line.'
>
> R R R R R R
>
> Want to make a wild guess who thinks who the stupid one is here?

YOU ARE!

> When you figure out how to spank without shock to the child's system,
> and subsequent "cathartic release of tension" the description for
> "abreaction," let the spankers know..all those believing they are doing
> no harm will love you for your proof.

Kane:
"It's the non-violent gentle nature of their parenting with a fine tuned
application of developmentally approriate teaching."

Doan:
So spanking is now part of a "non-violent gentle nature"???

Kane:
"It was in this instance. It has been in research provided by you in the
past."

Must I say more? ;-)

> I was writing for the benefit of parents, and I know you haven't found
> your Monkeylove yet, and most likely because none would want a child by
> you. Not one you could get your hands on at any rate.
>
> The parents who have spanked can easily recognize this phenomea. They
> just didn't realise it wasn't so much agreement with them by the child,
> but simply a bio-chemical reaction in the child.

Does this include the Hutterites too? ;-)

> By the way, continued stressors tend to make a human being prone to
> depression.
>
> You do recall that here and there have been claims that the spanked
> child tends toward mental illness, no?

Claimed by whom?

> That's one. Clinical Depression. The most common in our society. Oddly,
> a society that spanks at a rate, you claim, of about 90% of all
> children. Weird eh? Probably no connection though. 0:->

Have you checked out Sweden?

> You poor poor boy.

And you're stupid "never-spanked" boy. ;-)

> Is THIS how you avoid the depressing fact that you were brutalized by
> your parents when you were a child?
>
> See a shrink. Long term the prognosis is not good, DSHM.
>
> 0:->

LOL! Have you looked at the way your mom raised you?

Doan

0:->

Jan 20, 2006, 10:12:26 PM1/20/06
I offered you a chance to debate honestly, foolish me, and you blew
again, as you always do. Nothing but diversions, dodges, lies, all
because you lost years ago, and not even to me, though I carried on the
tradition.

You are a pointlessly stupid self serving little bitch, that can't get
any attention in your personal or professional life so you come here in
your hysteria, a backwater to real life actually, and play at the
permanent troll. You aren't even a pimple in this debate. Ever Fern
had more going for her.

Dance Monkeyboy. Dance.

Doan

Jan 20, 2006, 10:52:02 PM1/20/06
On 20 Jan 2006, 0:-> wrote:

> I offered you a chance to debate honestly, foolish me, and you blew
> again, as you always do. Nothing but diversions, dodges, lies, all
> because you lost years ago, and not even to me, though I carried on the
> tradition.

LOL!

> You are a pointlessly stupid self serving little bitch, that can't get
> any attention in your personal or professional life so you come here in
> your hysteria, a backwater to real life actually, and play at the
> permanent troll. You aren't even a pimple in this debate. Ever Fern
> had more going for her.

How typical of Ignoranus Kane0! Got caught again and he responded, as
usual, with throwing insults! Whois if Fern? Oh! Isn't she the one
the you called "smelly-cunt"? You said your mom approved of it, right?

> Dance Monkeyboy. Dance.

Lie, "never-spanked" boy, lie! ;-)

Doan

beccafromlalaland

Jan 20, 2006, 11:45:16 PM1/20/06

Oh that's mature. You both sound like you've had your mouth pressed to
the helium tank. "You're stupid" "No You're stupid" "nu-uh you are"
"You are you are" "You are to Infinity" "you are to infinity times 10"
"No you are to infinity times infinity time infinity"

UGH Grow up show some respect for one another and talk about the
subject, without resorting to name calling. Name calling gets us no
where fast.

Geez I feel like I'm talking to my 3yr old

--
beccafromlalaland

Doan

Jan 21, 2006, 1:22:44 PM1/21/06
Hi beccafromlalaland,
I've always respected others when they show me the same. My parents
taught me the Golden Rule. However, I will not stand for abusvie
behavior from others but will return in kind. Kane is a perfect
example of that. If you look at the way I responded to toto or to
you, and contrast that to the way I responded to Kane, you will see
what I mean. You can also look at the history of Kane's post and the
way he dealt with others who disagree with him and see for yourself.
Is that an example of how you want your "never-spanked" kid to be?
What if your own kid called your neighbor a "smelly-cunt"? Would
you as a mother approve of such a behavior? And yet, Kane did
just that on this public forum!

Doan

0:->

Jan 21, 2006, 2:26:01 PM1/21/06

You haven't viewed his posting archives have you?

He has NOT been free of name calling, ever. Not with anyone that
opposes his views.

He's lying as usual.

Kane

> --
> beccafromlalaland

0:->

Jan 21, 2006, 2:38:08 PM1/21/06

Doan wrote:
> LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
> want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
> REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

I posted authoritative definitions from other sources as to the meaning
of abreaction and pointed out clearly that it has to do with a
reaction, not the source of the reaction. It does not matter what the
source is. It is a term for catharsis. Do you wish to defend the
premise that catharsis, or by it's other name, abreaction can have only
one cause and source?

You have the same biochemical reactions in your body whether it's a
therapist helping you recall traumatic events, or some nit wit driving
come head on in your lane.

YOU look up all the uses of the word. Explain how it could be included
in definition that also includes catharsis. You are illogical and
insulting when YOU were not insulted by me...as I was not even
addressing you.

You are unethical and a liar and this is yet another example among the
thousands you have posted to this newsgroup over the years. You are NOT
to be trusted, not even by spankers, because you do these things that
by their immoral nature destroy the argument for THEM.

> Doan

Further along in this thread, Doan, you claim that you do not name call
or attack people unless they attack you.

This, Doan, your comments above, have been a habit of yours from your
very earliest posting history on this newsgroup. I did not insult you.
YOU insulted ME.

In other words, liar, YOU repeatedly start the name calling just as you
did above.

YOU show us in this from prior to this post in this thread where anyone
insulted you or called you a name.

Then come back and apologise for lying about me...because I would have
had to call you a name prior to your insulting post, liar.

This, Doan is exactly what started me off insulting you way back. You
are a liar. You lie blatantly, and you lie subtly, but you lie. And
likely are unaware of it, just as you were here, and of course in
hundreds if not thousands of posts in the past.

Let's just see how ethical and moral you are. Apologize.

Kane

Doan

Jan 21, 2006, 4:19:20 PM1/21/06

Please provide a citation, if you can.

Doan

0:->

Jan 21, 2006, 4:56:03 PM1/21/06

Of course.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.parenting.spanking/msg/00f865f4656e2eb1?hl=en&

"LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

Doan " ...

In fact you have my posts, two of them, that came prior to yours in
your attributions of my commentary in your own post below that insult
above. Not a single word about you in it, or about anyone else. Not
even an insult in general.

Doan you are lying or mistaken. If you knew this, then it's lying. If
you overlooked it, then it's a mistake.

One of YOUR own habits is to call people liars when you do not know if
they made a mistake or deliberatly are attempting to mislead -- lie.

That is YOUR mistake, and since I've told you a number of times that
you do this and you continue, then you have to be either language
impared, ignorant, stupid, or a liar...or mistaken.

Notice that prior to your post in that thread, which is this very one,
by the way, I had not mentioned you or insulted anyone for that matter,
simply posting my opinion on the phenomena of "abreaction," and how I
believe it impacts those that chose to spank their children.

I'm still awaiting your apology.

Kane

> Doan

0:->

Jan 21, 2006, 5:05:13 PM1/21/06

Doan wrote:
> LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
> want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
> REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)
>
> Doan
>

> On 20 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:

..........snip.........

> > > abreaction
> > > n : (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions [syn: catharsis,
> > > katharsis]

....snip........

It seems I gave the definition. How is it you missed that? Are you
presuming that I usually use dictionary syntax protocols when I
describe something?

Feel free to look at all the descriptive material and note where it
fits my explaination.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=abreaction&btnG=Google+Search

Abreaction is the process, catharsis is the result. As in a release of
tensions, just as I said.

And just as I said, this can be mistaken by the parent as some kind of
positive reaction and "compliance" behavior. It is not. Either. It can
be very seriously misunderstood and cause additional trauma and that is
why the field of therapy is cautious in it's use and only under
controlled conditions is it suggested.

Your name calling is noted. And note just for it's claim that you don't
start such things (hereby disproven) but that you are innaccurate as
well. I doubt many would consider me an ignoramous.

But if it makes you feel better...............

Kane

0:->

Jan 21, 2006, 8:17:04 PM1/21/06

Doan wrote:
> Hi beccafromlalaland,
> I've always respected others when they show me the same.

That's not true. Show us some citations. Say in your conversations with
Chris Dugan, the originator of this ng.

> My parents
> taught me the Golden Rule.

No they didn't, not unless you can prove you are consistently
respectful in responding to all posts that do not attack you.

I just proved you aren't

In fact in this very thread. And you are stuck now unless you
acknowledge and apologize stating clearly that I did NOT attack you but
you name called me.

> However, I will not stand for abusvie
> behavior from others but will return in kind.

You originate abusive language, and have done so many times, jumping
into a thread where your name hasn't even come up, and begun insulting
with no provocation whatsoever.

I'm afraid your parents failed you. Lessons learned by way of spankings
and other pain and humiliation frequently result in the recipient being
confused and inconsistent, in just the way you are demonstrating in
this thread, and throughout your posting history.

> Kane is a perfect
> example of that.

How do you explain your behavior in this thread then. You started with
your first post attempting to provoke. I ignored you, so you came back
in and escalated to insult by name calling.

> If you look at the way I responded to toto or to
> you, and contrast that to the way I responded to Kane, you will see
> what I mean.

Oh. You have never insulted toto without provocation? <smile> Show us.

> You can also look at the history of Kane's post and the
> way he dealt with others who disagree with him and see for yourself.
> Is that an example of how you want your "never-spanked" kid to be?

I have dealt with them fairly until the flat lied, as you have in the
past. And many times, just as today, you have provoked by insulting
when you weren't even part of the conservation until you broke into it.

> What if your own kid called your neighbor a "smelly-cunt"?

Would that no depend on what motivated the child? Suppose the neighbor
had told the boy he should be spanked, beaten, hung up in church and
whipped with clothes hangers, straps and belts, by the congregation of
the very church he attends. Would not almost any verbal insult be
forgivable, and in fact justified?

> Would
> you as a mother approve of such a behavior? And yet, Kane did
> just that on this public forum!

Sure did, and you were afraid, when I challenged you to post the
contextual threads, to actually do so. Not even a link, Doan, which
proves you were trying to mislead becca.

Fern had a reputation for again and again taking the part of abusive
parents, not just parents that spanked, but abusive parents that beat
and otherwise injured, even killing their own children (the killing of
child by giving them mom's medications to quiet him invoked nothing
from her but a comment that people used opium to do that back a century
ago...how sick is that?).

You stood by with no comment. You who claim it's the parents choice
whether or not to spank said NOTHING when Fern advocated for parents
that abuse in such ways.

> Doan

And Doan, you are obviously attempting still to mislead yet another new
poster. Misleading is lying.

You are a liar.

Prove you consistently do not name call without provocation.

Go ahead. We'll wait right here. I suggest you look at threads with
LaVonne in them, and other posters that have advocated for an end to CP
of children.

Alborn would be one poster to visit as well.

You have defended plagarists. Created socks pretending to be a mexican
women to fraudulently obtain a copy of study you were too cowardly to
obtain from the author, which I was not, and got my copy.

You are a fraud as well as a liar. Want to explain Aline Alina?

Kane

0:->

Jan 22, 2006, 1:55:47 AM1/22/06
And yet again a recent thread where I have not called you a name. Yet
you start with the abusive name calling, Doan.

Are you this forgetful or lying?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.parenting.spanking/browse_frm/thread/67dc3c702436752a/17e5a13b69693221?hl=en#17e5a13b69693221

Doan

Jan 22, 2006, 2:15:57 AM1/22/06

> Doan wrote:
> > LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
> > want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
> > REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)
> >
> > Doan
> >

> > On 20 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:
>
> ..........snip.........

LOL! got somethingg to hide?

> ....snip........
LOL! got somethingg to hide?

> It seems I gave the definition. How is it you missed that? Are you
> presuming that I usually use dictionary syntax protocols when I
> describe something?

It has NOTHING to do with spanking, STUPID!

Doan

0:->

Jan 22, 2006, 3:12:51 AM1/22/06

Doan wrote:
> > Doan wrote:
> > > LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
> > > want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
> > > REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)
> > >
> > > Doan
> > >

> > > On 20 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:
> >
> > ..........snip.........
> >
> LOL! got somethingg to hide?
> >
> > ....snip........
> LOL! got somethingg to hide?
>

> > It seems I gave the definition. How is it you missed that? Are you
> > presuming that I usually use dictionary syntax protocols when I
> > describe something?
> >
> It has NOTHING to do with spanking, STUPID!

Why are you name calling? You claim you don't do that unless someone
does it to you. Do you see me calling you a name, or did you lie when
you made that claim?

Of course it has to do with spanking. The experience related to
abreaction takes place when children are spanked, among other things.
Any trauma can trigger it.

> Doan

You seem to want to ignore my information offered to you that shows
other than your claim. Abreaction the same as catharsis. It says so in
the definition I provided.

Find a source that says it is NOT, and you have an argument. Many
things go by more than one name, Doan.

I told you below in a prior post how it is related. I never said
"abreaction" is spanking. I said it happens as a result. It's an
observation. Nothing more.

Now call me a name again to prove that you are lying when you made the
claim you don't take insults without returning them.

I did not insult you above and yet you insulted me. Apologize.

Kane

0:->

Jan 22, 2006, 3:29:10 AM1/22/06

Doan wrote:
> Hi beccafromlalaland,
> I've always respected others when they show me the same.

I had not called you any names. Recognize this?

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

>My parents
> taught me the Golden Rule.

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

> However, I will not stand for abusvie
> behavior from others but will return in kind.

You instigate it first, Doan and have done so from as far back as I can
remember.

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

> Kane is a perfect
> example of that. If you look at the way I responded to toto or to
> you, and contrast that to the way I responded to Kane, you will see
> what I mean.

You don't like me. We have traded insults. You do so in every possible
instance that has the least change of offending you because someone
disagrees with you.

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

> You can also look at the history of Kane's post and the
> way he dealt with others who disagree with him and see for yourself.
> Is that an example of how you want your "never-spanked" kid to be?

I have done what YOU claim to do. I have refused to allow abusive
behavior. One of which is deliberate lying.

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

I welcome everyone interested to read my posting history.

> What if your own kid called your neighbor a "smelly-cunt"? Would
> you as a mother approve of such a behavior? And yet, Kane did
> just that on this public forum!

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

> Doan

You rang?

Kane

Doan

Jan 23, 2006, 12:19:29 AM1/23/06

And of course, Igoranus Kane0 don't! ;-)

> He's lying as usual.

LOL! THAT IS A LIE!

Doan

> Kane
>

> > --
> > beccafromlalaland

Doan

Jan 23, 2006, 12:20:52 AM1/23/06
On 21 Jan 2006, 0:-> wrote:

> Doan wrote:
> > LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
> > want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
> > REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)
>
> I posted authoritative definitions from other sources as to the meaning
> of abreaction and pointed out clearly that it has to do with a
> reaction, not the source of the reaction. It does not matter what the
> source is. It is a term for catharsis. Do you wish to defend the
> premise that catharsis, or by it's other name, abreaction can have only
> one cause and source?

Just like you posted authoritive claims on the Hutterites? ;-)

{snipping the rest of your ludricous claim}

Doan

Doan

Jan 23, 2006, 12:22:38 AM1/23/06

LOL! So ALL the insults before that don't count right, Ignoranus Kane0?

[snipping the rest of your ludricous babbles] ;-)

Doan

Doan

Jan 23, 2006, 12:25:53 AM1/23/06
On 22 Jan 2006, 0:-> wrote:

> Doan wrote:

> > > ..........snip.........
> > >
> > LOL! got somethingg to hide?

I didn't see an answer! ;-0

> > > ....snip........
> > LOL! got somethingg to hide?

I didn't see an answer, Ignoranus Kane0. Did I embarass you when you were
trying to impress "becca"? ;-)

Doan

beccafromlalaland

Jan 23, 2006, 2:07:49 AM1/23/06

Doan Wrote:

> I didn't see an answer, Ignoranus Kane0. Did I embarass you when you
> were
> trying to impress "becca"? ;-)
>
> Doan

Hmm Wonder why anyone would try to impress me.
I'll tell you what I'm not impressed by, adults name calling,
insulting, and nitpicking one another.

Any why dear Doan is my name in quotations?

B~

--
beccafromlalaland

Doan

Jan 23, 2006, 12:16:56 PM1/23/06

I didn't call you "becca". Your signature is:
beccafromlalaland

Perhaps, it's a term of endearment! ;-)

Doan

0:->

Jan 23, 2006, 2:04:49 PM1/23/06

She asked you a question, liar. You dodged.

Why did you put her name in quotes? Answer it.

Or be the little scumbag that you are.

> Doan

0:->

Doan

Jan 23, 2006, 3:03:30 PM1/23/06

Doan
ISD - Data Network Operations
(213) 821-5238
http://www.usc.edu/isd/services/feedback

On 23 Jan 2006, 0:-> wrote:

> Doan wrote:

> > > Hmm Wonder why anyone would try to impress me.
> > > I'll tell you what I'm not impressed by, adults name calling,
> > > insulting, and nitpicking one another.
> > >
> > > Any why dear Doan is my name in quotations?
> > >
> > > B~
> > >
> > I didn't call you "becca". Your signature is:
> > beccafromlalaland
> >
> > Perhaps, it's a term of endearment! ;-)
>
> She asked you a question, liar. You dodged.

And I've answered her question, STUPID! ;-)

> Why did you put her name in quotes? Answer it.

Because you were the one that called her "becca"! I didn't call her
"becca". I've always called her "beccafromlalaland. Are you trying
to impress "becca" with:

"Mmm...I didn't mean to write it as an article. Sounded that stiff, eh?
No, it's from something I've taught though. Many many years ago."

LOL! So now you are claiming that you were a Professor???

> Or be the little scumbag that you are.

Resorted to name-callings again, Ignoranus Kane0? Or is that Professor
Kane0? ;-)

Doan

Doan

Jan 23, 2006, 3:21:19 PM1/23/06
Professor Kane0 trying to impress

"There is a phenomena that takes place when an abrupt and startling
event takes place. It is called "abreaction." It also can happen when
something unique and different in a profound way happens to an
individual."

Contrast that to the REAL definition:

"An abreaction is an unpleasant response that may occur during trance. It
is usually triggered as repressed uncomfortable memories are brought to
conscious awareness during trance. This may happen at any time during
hypnosis as the subject is accessing areas of the mind that are normally
beyond conscious awareness, but it is more likely to occur during
regression.

Many therapists attempt to induce an abreaction in their patients as a
form of therapy, to help them release unconscious emotional energy. This
can yield remarkable results. Other therapists prefer to look at a
traumatic experience from a disassociated position, allowing more recently
gained wisdom to change the way that an event affects their life."

Did Kane0 admit his "mistake"? Anyone here took Professor Kane0's class?
;-)

Doan

0:->

Jan 23, 2006, 5:43:10 PM1/23/06

Doan wrote:
> Professor Kane0 trying to impress
>
> "There is a phenomena that takes place when an abrupt and startling
> event takes place. It is called "abreaction." It also can happen when
> something unique and different in a profound way happens to an
> individual."
>
> Contrast that to the REAL definition:
>
> "An abreaction is an unpleasant response that may occur during trance. It
> is usually triggered as repressed uncomfortable memories are brought to
> conscious awareness during trance. This may happen at any time during
> hypnosis as the subject is accessing areas of the mind that are normally
> beyond conscious awareness, but it is more likely to occur during
> regression.
>
> Many therapists attempt to induce an abreaction in their patients as a
> form of therapy, to help them release unconscious emotional energy. This
> can yield remarkable results. Other therapists prefer to look at a
> traumatic experience from a disassociated position, allowing more recently
> gained wisdom to change the way that an event affects their life."
>
> Did Kane0 admit his "mistake"? Anyone here took Professor Kane0's class?

Abreaction, as I've pointed out many times, dancing insulting monkey,
when YOU were not attacked, is the outcome, not the process.

Abreaction is the reaction to trauma. Nothing more. It's induced by
some action by another on the subject. That's why I used it to define
what happens when a child is spanked.

I provided you and the ng with the definition that showed that clearly,
and you keep insisting on ignoring it and insisting, apparently, the is
the only definition that can be used.

That is mislead, Doan, and misleading is lying.

> ;-)
>
> Doan

In other words your intent has nothing to do with helping clarify the
issue (and you'd support research and commentary from both sides if you
were truly neutral and supporting parents right to "choose").

You obviously simply wish to harass one side, and not the other. It
makes your claim about neutrality rather transparent rubbish.

Show us where you ever harrassed a spanker in this way. Go ahead, Doan.
Show us how neutral you are.

And you once again dodged becca's simple question by rudely changing
the subject yet again. Is it any wonder I call you names? Such
dishonesty. Such rudeness. You should be ashamed, but apparently your
parents created a block of conscience for you, and you are unable to
feel shame. How sad.

Kane

Doan

Jan 23, 2006, 5:56:58 PM1/23/06

LOL! And you "taught" this???

> I provided you and the ng with the definition that showed that clearly,
> and you keep insisting on ignoring it and insisting, apparently, the is
> the only definition that can be used.
>

> That is mislead, Doan, and misleading is lying.

So you are lying? ;-)

Doan

0:->

Jan 23, 2006, 7:09:26 PM1/23/06

http://www.mindworks.uk.com/website/abreaction.htm

"To deal with an abreaction it is important to remember that it is
simply a response to an experience. "

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=abreaction
How many times will I have to post this (I have twice before in
response) before you recognize that a term can be used to cover more
than a single definition?

And neither will negate the other.

abreaction

n : (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions [syn: catharsis,
katharsis]

That a term is USED in psychoanlysis does not limit it's use to that
field. Events that happen in psychoanalysis can be duplicated in the
outside world, and is precisely the reason I used it.

Rather than respond to my clarifications that YOU asked for, you simply
keep posting the same inane challenge over and over again, refusing to
deal with what I have posted.

Why is that, Doan?

If catharsis is the synonym, are you pretending cathersis cannot be
part of the experience of corporal punishment?

My contention is that is. And I'll be happy to debate that. The
descriptions of parents that claim "it works" are typical of cathartic
experiences.

Or are you going to prove yet again you aren't here to clarify issues,
just to harass?

> Doan

Kane

0:->

Jan 23, 2006, 7:15:55 PM1/23/06
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=define%3A+abreaction&btnG=Search

Related phrases: social abreaction abreaction photography

Definitions of abreaction on the Web:

* A physical movement or an emotional outburst as a reaction to a
suggestion while in the state of hypnosis. Some hypnotic abreactions
are spontaneous and others are created by the hypnotist. Hypnotic
abreaction can be used to acquire greater depth, cause a
revivification, or remove repressed emotions.
www.hypnosis.edu/glossary/a.asp

* An emotional release or discharge after recalling a painful
experience that has been repressed because it was not consciously
tolerable. Often the release is surprising to the individual
experiencing it because of it's intensity and the circumstances
surrounding its onset. A therapeutic effect sometimes occurs through
partial or repeated discharge of the painful affect.
www.indianpsychiatry.com/Glossary.htm

* catharsis: (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

My argument, to anyone that cares, and obviously Doan doesn't, is that
the experience of abreaction to the pyschoanalitical use is similar to
that experienced by the child (and I believe the parent as well some of
the time) in an episode of using corporal punishment on the child.

Not only is abreaction not confined to the field of psychology, but
I've heard it used in other fields of social science, as this, for
instance:

"Definitions of social abreaction on the Web:

* is just the extension of the sequences of abreaction to society
as a whole, and they produce what I call laws of social change. The
morality of an age determines what is good and evil, and these ideas
form the content of social abreaction. The intensity of these
abreactions depend on the rate of social change : the faster the change
the greater are the effects of abreaction.
www.modern-thinker.co.uk/9c%20-%20Glossary.htm"

But then, Doan is getting so much of the attention he obiously needs so
badly.

Kane

0:->

Jan 23, 2006, 7:29:48 PM1/23/06

So if anyone's ever insulted you, but they now talk with you without
insult you have license to answer back with insult?

You'd make a great terrorist.

> Doan

Kane
--
Isn't it interesting that the more honest an author appears to be,
the more like ourselves we think him. And the less so, how very

0:->

Jan 23, 2006, 7:32:07 PM1/23/06

I, Dodger, unlike you just did, answered by correcting my
misinterpretation. I posted the E-mail from an Hutterite source saying
they did use "the strap."

How is it you cannot respond to the information the shows the term
abreaction is used in more than one reference, and that I deliberately
chose to use it to help clarify what happens to a spanked child?

You are without honor.

beccafromlalaland

Jan 24, 2006, 12:40:07 AM1/24/06

Confused. You put my name in quotations for a reason, but whatever
your reasoning is. I kindly request that you stop. putting it in
quotations makes it easier to be searched out on the web, I'd rather
not have "crazies" targeting me for spam or whatnot. Thank you.

--
beccafromlalaland

Doan

Jan 24, 2006, 6:26:33 AM1/24/06

Your request is heard and I will respect your wish. I've always
call me by what you provided, and that is: beccafromlalaland.

Doan

Doan

Jan 24, 2006, 8:00:52 AM1/24/06

It has nothing to do with spanking, STUPID!

Doan

0:->

Jan 24, 2006, 5:06:46 PM1/24/06
Doan wrote:
> It has nothing to do with spanking, STUPID!

I didn't say it did. I said it had to do with the reaction to spanking.

Therapist use various processes to being about 'abreaction.' I've used
the term to show that it's an inappropriate outcome for a parent to cause.

You have not found a way to argue yet that 'abreaction' does not happen.

Most intelligent and aware parents that spank and are objective enough
would agree with me that they do see a cathartic ('abreaction' according
to definitions provided) response to a spanking.

Do you wish to argue this point, or continue yelling "STUPID!" when in
fact I'm simply posing and argument for discussion?

Anything but yelling and claims with no proof or discussion?

'So kay with me if that's your preference, but let's don't presume you
are a fact seeker.

0:-)