Mediavision, Pro Audio Spectrum on Win 2000

qmick

Jul 25, 2001, 12:07:14 PM7/25/01
Does anyone know if there are drivers for this sound card on Win2K or
if the supplied drivers will work.

Win2K would not recognize the driver disk when I tried to install them

Any ideas..?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Jul 29, 2001, 8:37:48 PM7/29/01
Sure! Get a WinNT4 CD (or an early beta build of W2K), find
and expand the following files into a single directory:

MMDRIVER.IN_ to MMDRIVER.INF
MVAUDIO.DL_ to MVAUDIO.DLL
MVAUDIO.SY_ to MVAUDIO.SYS

Then go into Add/Remove Hardware, etc. You may have to point
to the source directory twice to complete the installation. Windows
will display a configuration screen so you can select the DMA/IRQ
channels for the PAS. Also, on my W2K SP2 machine, it took two
reboots before the card functioned correctly, but I've had no problems
since. Sounds excellent!

qmick

Jul 31, 2001, 10:46:40 AM7/31/01
Thanks Jeff...I tried this and got it installed but when the
configuration window comes up, any config I enter is rejected and it
defaults to the base setting.

I recall installing the card some years back and the base setting was
not what I used so now I am not sure what to do...any other ideas.?

I tried looking in the registry for a key that holds the settings but
could not find anything that was unambigous.

Thanks

Jeff

Jul 31, 2001, 2:18:12 PM7/31/01
You may need a fresh install of Win2K. Or try booting into Safe Mode
and remove any old PAS entries in Device Manager, then go through
your hard disk and registry and delete anything relating to the PAS
(including any config files in \winnt).

One other thing to try, depending on your motherboard you may need
to reserve ISA resources for the card in system bios setup.