PC ANgel

1 view

Art

Jun 7, 2005, 8:58:46 AM6/7/05
I recently purchased a Gateway laptop. It contains a partitioned hard drive
(C: & D:), where D: contains "System Restore" files. I inadvertently saved
a back-up folder from my older machine to the D: drive. This folder, along
with the others on D: are protected with a program called PC Angel. Any
attempt to open a folder or file shows the following:

"This area of your hard disk (or partition) contains files used for your
system recovery. Do not delete or alter these files. Any change to this
partition could prevent any recovery later".

I have since removed the folder to the C: drive in an attempt to bypass this
problem without success.

As the original is no longer in existence, it would be greatly appreciated
if some one could assist with restoring access to this folder.

Also, all files within the folder in question do exist. A Norton file scan
was run on the folder and all original files were observed during the scan.

Thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Jun 7, 2005, 9:36:16 AM6/7/05
Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User