WinXP vs Win98SE and SanDisk

James O'Riley

May 6, 2006, 5:34:29 PM5/6/06
I've been using the 512BM and 1G SanDisks to transfer info between my
main computer (Win98SE OS) and a new Laptop (WinXP). Things have been
working with no problems so I bit the bullet and bought a 2G SanDisk
yesterday.

I transfered a few files back and forth then suddenly I can't access the
SanDisk with the WinXP machine; all it does is blink a dozen or so
times, the glow steady.

Anyone have an idea what's wrong? How do I access the bloody thing on
the WinXP machine?

Thanks,
James

StsAlive

May 7, 2006, 2:07:06 AM5/7/06

"James O'Riley" <James@O'Riley.com> wrote in message

This is the very well know XP and Mass Storage Device problem......it is
very rare that you will get the system to see the drive without a reinstall
of the OS.

You could try going through Device Manager and reassigning a new drive
letter but from my experience it will not work or stick.

I gave up eventually and for a while used ExploreXP to find the drive each
time

http://www.explorerxp.com/

but that to became a pain so canned my reader in favour of a PC Card Reader
adapter.

nos1eep

May 7, 2006, 8:35:02 AM5/7/06
It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 7 May 2006 07:07:06 +0100,
in alt.os.windows-xp, the queezy keyboard of "StsAlive"
<t...@daybtinternet.com> spewed the following:

|"James O'Riley" <James@O'Riley.com> wrote in message
|> I've been using the 512BM and 1G SanDisks to transfer info between my main
|> computer (Win98SE OS) and a new Laptop (WinXP). Things have been working
|> with no problems so I bit the bullet and bought a 2G SanDisk yesterday.
|>
|> I transfered a few files back and forth then suddenly I can't access the
|> SanDisk with the WinXP machine; all it does is blink a dozen or so times,
|> the glow steady.
|>
|> Anyone have an idea what's wrong? How do I access the bloody thing on the
|> WinXP machine?
|>
|> Thanks,
|> James
|
|This is the very well know XP and Mass Storage Device problem......it is
|very rare that you will get the system to see the drive without a reinstall
|of the OS.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Idiot.
--
-nos1eep

nos1eep

May 7, 2006, 8:39:25 AM5/7/06
It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 06 May 2006 14:34:29
-0700, in alt.os.windows-xp, the queezy keyboard of James O'Riley
<James@O'Riley.com> spewed the following:

The data on the drive is probably corrupt. Insert the drive in the XP
box, right click My Computer, select manage, go to disk management and
work with it there. You may have to reformat the thing.
--
-nos1eep

StsAlive

May 7, 2006, 10:11:11 AM5/7/06

"nos1eep" <nos1eep_...@mail2southpole.com> wrote in message

ah yes the infamous brains of the XP group............I think NOT.

StsAlive

May 7, 2006, 10:16:35 AM5/7/06

"nos1eep" <nos1eep_...@mail2southpole.com> wrote in message

and if it works after that come back and tell the southpole
kid...............

nos1eep

May 7, 2006, 11:58:26 AM5/7/06
It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 7 May 2006 15:11:11 +0100,

in alt.os.windows-xp, the queezy keyboard of "StsAlive"
<t...@daybtinternet.com> spewed the following:

|ah yes the infamous brains of the XP group............

|>--
|>I think NOT.

Nice sig
--
-nos1eep

relic

May 7, 2006, 12:11:46 PM5/7/06
StsAlive wrote:
> "James O'Riley" <James@O'Riley.com> wrote in message
>> I've been using the 512BM and 1G SanDisks to transfer info between
>> my main computer (Win98SE OS) and a new Laptop (WinXP). Things have
>> been working with no problems so I bit the bullet and bought a 2G
>> SanDisk yesterday. I transfered a few files back and forth then suddenly
>> I can't access
>> the SanDisk with the WinXP machine; all it does is blink a dozen or
>> so times, the glow steady.
>>
>> Anyone have an idea what's wrong? How do I access the bloody thing
>> on the WinXP machine?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>
> This is the very well know XP and Mass Storage Device problem......it
> is very rare that you will get the system to see the drive without a
> reinstall of the OS.

Big fucking *BLINK*

chrisv

May 7, 2006, 12:13:35 PM5/7/06

You're from 24hoursupport.helpdesk, aren't you.

Mhzjunkie

May 7, 2006, 12:35:36 PM5/7/06
StsAlive spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself

Fuck off up outa here, sir.

<aside>
The strain of caring for a fucking snot dripping idiotic drool slobbering
retard has overwhelmed someone. Seems they've abandoned this cunt at the
froups door step.

--
Mhzjunkie

1 PRINT "Windows XP ERROR"
GOTO 1
END

StsAlive

May 7, 2006, 1:20:20 PM5/7/06

"James O'Riley" <James@O'Riley.com> wrote in message

just Google and find out for yourself thet XP has a problem with MSD's

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Q_20790258.html

http://www.eskimo.com/~ghawk/USB_Mass_Storage_Device_Solution.htm

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49316

just ignore those regular newsgroup egspurts that all they can do is
blaspheme and plonk..........prats

relic

May 7, 2006, 1:56:31 PM5/7/06
StsAlive wrote:

> just ignore those regular newsgroup egspurts that all they can do is
> blaspheme and plonk..........prats

Gee, three entirely different "fixes" instills faith, but there's nothing
about: "This is the very well know XP and Mass Storage Device

problem......it is very rare that you will get the system to see the drive
without a reinstall of the OS."

If it were me, I'd ignore the arse who said that...

StsAlive

May 7, 2006, 2:11:11 PM5/7/06

"relic" <nos...@relic211.cjb.net> wrote in message

very rare of you to ignore an arse............

James O'Riley

May 7, 2006, 2:26:14 PM5/7/06

You need some sleep Idiot. Maybe you'll develop a better attitude toward
people. ;-)

James O'Riley

May 7, 2006, 2:28:16 PM5/7/06

It seems you are the only *real* person in this thread. The rest are
either trolls or crude, rude baboons. :-D

StsAlive

May 7, 2006, 2:33:19 PM5/7/06

"nos1eep" <nos1eep_...@mail2southpole.com> wrote in message

Certainly in my case, perhaps you can explain to the readers why XP Disc
Manager would not/could not see my MSD when ExplorerXP
could...................

StsAlive

May 7, 2006, 2:36:30 PM5/7/06

"James O'Riley" <James@O'Riley.com> wrote in message

the other two are famous in these parts for saying everything but knowing
nothing..........

James O'Riley

May 7, 2006, 2:45:06 PM5/7/06
Wish I could help, but I know only one thing about XP...I hate it. :-P

It puts me to sleep booting or shutting down. I'll grant you it's
easier on the nerves dealing with MemSticks and in fewer crashes than
Win98SE. But I'll stick with Win98SE simply because it can handle DOS
programs in an easier manner than XP.

chrisv

May 7, 2006, 3:38:10 PM5/7/06

...and now, you use Fag Lames. Understandable.

Julie

May 7, 2006, 3:40:09 PM5/7/06

It is customary to ignore, or laugh at, people who accept 'advise' from
idiots like your *real* person. Good luck.

Clogwog

May 7, 2006, 3:40:30 PM5/7/06

Téigh trasna ort féin, O'Riley!

StsAlive

May 7, 2006, 3:53:22 PM5/7/06

"Julie" <nos...@godlikebuthumble.com> wrote in message

me Julie............waz 'appenin.

Julie

May 7, 2006, 4:08:38 PM5/7/06

<snip unread>

nos1eep

May 7, 2006, 4:26:08 PM5/7/06
It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 07 May 2006 11:26:14
-0700, in alt.os.windows-xp, the queezy keyboard of James O'Riley
<James@O'Riley.com> spewed the following:

<chuckle>

Sleep or the lack of has nothing to do with my nym. This self
professed expert is telling someone that he has to reinstall his
system to make a jump drive work. That is totally idiotic. I have
spent around 60 years developing my attitude and am quite comfortable
with it, thank you. So you may take your little winky fucking idiot
icon and FROAD

And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

HAND
--
-nos1eep

Damian

May 7, 2006, 4:40:22 PM5/7/06
James O'Riley wrote:
> But I'll stick with Win98SE simply because it can handle DOS
> programs in an easier manner than XP.

Uh... you _should_ stay with Win98. XP is beyond you.

nos1eep

May 7, 2006, 4:41:16 PM5/7/06
It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 7 May 2006 19:33:19 +0100,

in alt.os.windows-xp, the queezy keyboard of "StsAlive"
<t...@daybtinternet.com> spewed the following:

I dunno. I do not use ExplorerXP. I am not here to bump dickheads
with you, but when someone tells another that they have to reinstall
to make a jump drive work, I gotta say something.
--
-nos1eep

nos1eep

May 7, 2006, 4:43:02 PM5/7/06
It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 7 May 2006 19:11:11 +0100,

in alt.os.windows-xp, the queezy keyboard of "StsAlive"
<t...@daybtinternet.com> spewed the following:

LMAO
Relic did not ignore you, now did he?
--