ARMed Slack running on Raspberry Pi

geep

Jun 3, 2012, 7:50:15 AM6/3/12
Just received my Raspberry Pi and have it running Slackware / ARMedSlack.
Configured so I can run it without a dedicated display via X11 forwarding.
Screenshot: http://tinyurl.com/759t5e9
Raspberry Pi/ARMEdSlack: http://tinyurl.com/6mcgsbf

Cheers,
Peter

Peter Chant

Jun 4, 2012, 5:48:05 AM6/4/12
Do you ever feel the need to run anything on the 'bare metal'? :-)

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Peter Chant

Jun 7, 2012, 7:06:45 PM6/7/12
OK, got my Pi today and have booted slack :-)

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk

01102...@neomail.co.za

Jun 10, 2012, 4:35:44 PM6/10/12
AFAIK that's a single board system?
What does it do for a power supply?
Can it drive a standard display - via the D connector?
And mouse & keybrd via USB?
Is it less likely to be stolen than my netbook, which the 2 nigga-robbers
took after they tied me up? That's after I worked my guts out finding how
to boot from a CF.

== TIA.

geep

Jun 10, 2012, 6:33:41 PM6/10/12

5V USB @ 700mA min via micro USB lead
> Can it drive a standard display - via the D connector?
Only DVI via HDM-DVI-D lead, or HDMI directly
And mouse &
> keybrd via USB?
Should be able to, but seems picky as to model. Maybe a powered USB hub
is needed. My wireless USB mouse OK, but keyboard has sticky keys except
with ArchLinux.
> Is it less likely to be stolen than my netbook, which the 2
> nigga-robbers took after they tied me up? That's after I worked my guts
> out finding how to boot from a CF.
Yes. They won't know what it is, and it's the size of a credit card.

> == TIA.

twop...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2012, 1:40:51 PM6/30/12
"nigga-robbers", really? If they were white would you call them Honkey-Robbers?, Red-Neck robbers? My wife is black, so I take offense to your apparent ignorance. I have been robbed before too, so don't head that way. You're on an extremely public forum talking like you're coming from a trailer park... lil class would be awesome from anyone intelligent enough to deal with a raspberry pi.

John K. Herreshoff

Jun 30, 2012, 5:51:57 PM6/30/12
+1. Robbers is enough to get the thought of loss across. Pejoratives are
not necessary and really spoil the broth.

John.

--
Using the Cubic at home.

Cam

Jul 1, 2012, 7:18:59 AM7/1/12
+1 from here as well for reasons expressed above and which ought to be
self evident.