Bob Denver by Tina Louise

1 view

Hyfler/Rosner

Dec 23, 2005, 10:05:58 PM12/23/05
Bob Denver JAN. 9, 1935-SEPT. 2, 2005 By Tina Louise

BOB'S CHARACTER ON Gilligan's Island was lovable, wacky, and
charming. You laughed with him and at him as he did silly
things. He was curious like a child, playful and boyish.
Children loved him, and families enjoyed watching him
together. Bob's mind was very quick-as an actor he talked
very fast. But as a person, he was shy and introspective. He
was my favorite person to work with. It was a joy for me to
flirt with him, to try to charm him to do whatever I
wanted-to help me get my way on the island or certainly to
help me get off the island, which, of course, I never did.
It's amazing, the way the show has lasted and the pleasure
we've brought to so many people-it has taken a while to
really grasp how much pleasure. Bob's comedy was clever and
fun, and will live forever. (Denver died of complications
from throat cancer surgery in Winston-Salem, N.C.)