FWD <from Jim Beaver>: Richard Carlyle, 95, Actor

Corby Gilmore

Nov 24, 2009, 4:02:16 PM11/24/09

RICHARD CARLYLE 95 (or 89) TV, Film, Broadway star.

Richard Carlyle, who was a long-time member of my theatre company in
L.A., Theatre West, and whom I most remember on the screen as Jim Bowie's
(Alan Ladd) brother Rezin in THE IRON MISTRESS, but who is probably more
widely known for his appearance on a Sixties STAR TREK episode
("The Squire of Gothos") has died.

His IMDb listing (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0138299/) says he was born
in Canada in 1920, but the announcement from his family gave his age as
"95 1/2". As I understand it, he died Sunday, November 15, though that's
not official.

He was a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and sometimes cantankerous
theatre man who ran the apprentice program at Theater West for many years
and was beloved of his students, one of whom was my late wife Cecily when
she first began acting.

There's a photo at http://www.hypertrek.info/index.php/jaegerkarl

JIM BEAVER.

Matthew Kruk