OT: Sixth foot a hoax, says BC Coroners Service

Charlene

Jun 19, 2008, 4:21:52 PM6/19/08
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/06/19/bc-foot-no-human.html

Remains found Wednesday in a shoe near Campbell River belong to an
animal, the BC Coroners Service says, describing the incident as a
"reprehensible hoax."

The latest finding comes as investigators try to unravel the mystery
behind several human feet found in shoes on the province's south
coast.

"The coroners service, a forensic pathologist and an anthropologist
have all examined the shoe and remains, and determined a skeletonized
animal paw was inserted into the shoe with a sock and packed with
dried seaweed," the coroners service said in a statement released
Thursday.

"It is the position of BCCS that this type of hoax is reprehensible
and very disrespectful to the families of missing persons."

The coroners service also said "it fuels inappropriate speculation and
creates undue anxiety for families and communities while wasting
valuable investigative time and resources that could be spent on the
main investigations."

Investigations into the other five feet found in shoes on B.C.'s south
coast over the past year are ongoing, said the coroners service.

--

wd44

Aje RavenStar

Jun 19, 2008, 4:26:15 PM6/19/08

"Charlene" <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote in message

So this one was a red herring?

Jed

Jun 19, 2008, 4:35:39 PM6/19/08
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:26:15 -0500, "Aje RavenStar"
<whine...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Charlene" <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/06/19/bc-foot-no-human.html
>>
>> Remains found Wednesday in a shoe near Campbell River belong to an
>> animal, the BC Coroners Service says, describing the incident as a
>> "reprehensible hoax."

>So this one was a red herring?

I think the police just got off on the wrong foot.

Tim J.

Jun 19, 2008, 5:01:39 PM6/19/08

Their case didn't have a leg to stand on.

Rob Cibik

Jun 19, 2008, 5:21:06 PM6/19/08
On Jun 19, 5:01 pm, Tim J. <tj66...@usa.not> wrote:

> >>So this one was a red herring?
>
> >I think the police just got off on the wrong foot.
>
> Their case didn't have a leg to stand on.
>
>> the irresponsible heel should step up and take his kicks.

brigid nelson

Jun 19, 2008, 8:53:11 PM6/19/08
They'd better hop to and get this sorted out.

John M.

Jun 19, 2008, 9:05:59 PM6/19/08

No hurry really. It should be a shoe-in, assuming they've done their legwork
properly.

--

John M.

La N

Jun 19, 2008, 11:50:32 PM6/19/08

"John M." <jcm113...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

But, to the Mounties, this case has proven to be one of extremity and
frustration ...

mack

Jun 21, 2008, 3:03:58 AM6/21/08

"La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I'm reminded of the old Burns and Allen routine wherein Gracie reads a
letter from her sister and exclaims "Oh, my George, my nephew has turned
into a freak!"
"How's that, Gracie?"
"My sister writes that since I last saw him, he's grown another foot!"

Message has been deleted