Skam Artists

Nick Harris

Oct 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/18/97

Anyone with up to date info on the likes of Boards Of Canada, Jega, Bola
and Gescom along with release dates would earn my eternal gratitude.

Persinthia

Oct 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/18/97

In article <34483716...@interlinks.net>, NHa...@interlinks.net says...

>Anyone with up to date info on the likes of Boards Of Canada, Jega, Bola
>and Gescom along with release dates would earn my eternal gratitude.

All I know is that Boards Of Canada have a full length out soon on Skam.
Also, Push Button Objects and Takeshi (both on the US label, Schematics) will
have material out on Skam and Warp soon.

--
In My CD Changer/Stereo:

Einsturzende Neubauten - Remixes
Christoph De Babylon - If You're Into It, I'm Out Of It
Apples In Stereo - Fun Trick Noisemaker

Oct 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/18/97

On 18 Oct 1997 11:13:19 GMT, gree...@sable.ox.ac.uk (Mark Bartlam)
wrote:

>Persinthia (cow...@ix.netcom.com) posted the following:
>: In article <34483716...@interlinks.net>, NHa...@interlinks.net says...

>: >
>: >Anyone with up to date info on the likes of Boards Of Canada, Jega, Bola
>: >and Gescom along with release dates would earn my eternal gratitude.
>:
>: All I know is that Boards Of Canada have a full length out soon on Skam.
>: Also, Push Button Objects and Takeshi (both on the US label, Schematics) will
>: have material out on Skam and Warp soon.
>

>Isn't Jega recording stuff for release on Mike Paradinas' Planet Mu
>imprint?

Yup... and pretty sure at least a 12" (if not full) for Skam...

Check this out from MFR for BoC:

The Boards are playing in London on 31st October @ Warp's Blech night
[w/ Seefeel]

Future projects include a contribution to our first release, [MFR01 -
6 track
compilation of Scottish producers] an alternate mix of 'Sixty Niner',
[the original mix
featured both on their first release 'Two-Ism' & 20 track Demo]

'Two-Ism' was released in 1995,only 100 copies of were pressed as a
promotional tool and
given away to friends or prospective record labels, 'See Ya Later'
from 'Two-Ism' also
turned up on Skam 08 'Hi-Scores' 12" and 'Basfree' was remixed as
'Trapped' on Mask 2
12" [Ger. Mask]

The Boards have albums for Skam & Planet Mu up and coming, as well
contributions to Mask
3 12" [Ger MASK] and VVM Xmas 7" [UK VVM] [alongside Stock, Hausen &
Walkman] under
their 'Hellinterface' moniker, a remix of Mira Calix for Warpis also
'in the can', they
are rumoured to have signed a long term contract with Warp, but this
is unconfirmed
spiel

laterz

stuart @ mfr
--
http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/mfr/

PLeXitMIND

Oct 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/19/97

>Isn't Jega recording stuff for release on Mike Paradinas' Planet Mu
>imprint?

I believe he is recording an ep.

piece

Mult Santa

Oct 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/19/97

<<Anyone with up to date info on the likes of Boards Of Canada, Jega, Bola
and Gescom along with release dates would earn my eternal gratitude.>>

umm i don't think i'm supposed to tell you about all of this, whatever... i'm
gonna spill all the guts:

- Mask 3 (limited 300) is due out next month
- new BoC album early next year
- new Freeform album early next year
- new gescom 2x12 remixes early next year
- also stuff from push button objects and takeshi (both schematics, check them
out if you can)

btw, for those who haven't seen it yet, me and gonzi updated the skamography a
bit back; look at http://www.enteract.com/~clietz/skam/skamography.htm
if anyone can help out with scans of jega009, please do.

Boards of Canada:
<UNCONFIRMED>
i heard something about a repressing of their early demo tape and self released
12". i think they (don't hold me to this!) may be distributed in extremely
small #s by the guy who runs thier website.</UNCONFIRMED> and they will be
contributing a track to a christmas 7" comp from V/Vm, under their
'hellinterface' alias.

<<Someone informed me through e-mail that Paradinas has two new projects coming

up (including a new Jake Slazenger project). Can't wait!!>>

and yes two new mike p discs:
1) 'internet' ep, concept disc involving voting for the (suposedly exclusive)
tracks on the internet (see my mu-ziq site for more info,
http://www.toptown.com/centralpark/thechurch/mu_ziq/) due out early '97.
voting begins november 10 at the astralwerks site. (only on astralwerks)

2) 'slazbeats' on clear (part of the clear beats series). I have no more info
on this, just that it's not gonna be out for a while.

also on the manchester tip.. V/Vm are putting out the afforementioned x-mas
7", a professer broxburn disc, and [also VERY unconfirmed] Datathief may be
doing something with [excelent] cali label, isophlux.

also kungfunk (aka horse opera/hoarse operater of planet mu) tells me that p.
mu will be VERY busy in the near future (november). yes, jega, but lotsof
other fun stuff, too. more on that later, because i'm tired of typing.

now, where's that eternal graditude??

_______________________
mult.
http://rampage.ml.org/users/~multsanta
afx. mu-ziq. d'arcangelo. musik aus strom (soon). reviews and junk.
yes i use aol//flame proof shield on now//

Oct 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/20/97

On 19 Oct 1997 19:56:44 GMT, mult...@aol.com (Mult Santa) wrote:

>Boards of Canada:
><UNCONFIRMED>
>i heard something about a repressing of their early demo tape and self released
> 12". i think they (don't hold me to this!) may be distributed in extremely
> small #s by the guy who runs thier website.</UNCONFIRMED> and they will be
> contributing a track to a christmas 7" comp from V/Vm, under their
> 'hellinterface' alias.

I know that Cosmic Crofter was trying to get ahold of some of the
twoism 12"s and was going to make them available via the page. No idea
about the demo, though I hope like hell! I'd kill for the demo (20
songs, which means that there's *no* doubt that there are songs on
here that are *not* available on either the skam release or the twoism
release...) not sure if what he was getting (which sounded like very
few) was a repressing or just the last few of the 100 pressed.

Persinthia

Oct 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/20/97

In article <19971019195...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, mult...@aol.com
says...

>now, where's that eternal graditude??

I love you forever.

Now, where am I gonna get all the money to get all this stuff? ;))

--
In My CD Changer/Stereo:

Deathfunk - Funk Riot Beats
Alec Empire - The Destroyer
Acoustic Alchemy: Experiments In Beat Reconstruction (Various)