I Got The News

Snow2iger

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
I have a question for the Dan fans:

Does anyone notice that on the song "I Got The News" there is a part on the
bridge where you can hear a few scratch-like sounds on the cd version? I detect
this on both the Aja album (cd), and the Citizen Steely Dan box set version of
the song. You may have to listen a little closely to hear it (or just listen
without any atmospheric noise around). It's during the bridge between the 2:16
- 2:22 time of the song where Fagen sings, "What I hear may be true. I would
still be proud to know you". For those who have Aja on vinyl, I was wondering
if you can hear this too?

It's been years since I've had the vinyl version, so I don't remember if I ever
heard this before. And when I had the original cd version, I don't remember if
I could hear it then either (I have the remastered reissue).

GeddGadd

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
yeah, its definately there. There are some other sound glitches on AJA. Listen
to the "YOUUU WERE HIGH" part of black cow. irning "youu" the sounds kinda gets
messed up. Probaby a tape defect that thesy were never able to repair. Its
kinda covered up with a cymbal crash though.

Johannes Wijffels

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00

Snow2iger <snow...@aol.comstayaway> schreef in berichtnieuws
20000318224733...@ng-cf1.aol.com...

> I have a question for the Dan fans:
>
> Does anyone notice that on the song "I Got The News" there is a part on
the
> bridge where you can hear a few scratch-like sounds on the cd version? I
detect
> this on both the Aja album (cd), and the Citizen Steely Dan box set
version of
> the song. You may have to listen a little closely to hear it (or just
listen
> without any atmospheric noise around). It's during the bridge between the
2:16
> - 2:22 time of the song where Fagen sings, "What I hear may be true. I
would
> still be proud to know you".

Yes. It's definately there. Beautiful song. I could dance do it, or won't I.
I knew someone who could. Damn.

Johannes Wijffels

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00