A Review Of After Show Meetings With The Smashing Pumpkins

nspn...@my-deja.com

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
L.S.,

Here my review of meeting the band during the first concerts (except
Berlin where it didn't happen) of the European leg of The Sacred &
Profane Tour.
Hope you like it.
Sven

Hamburg, 18.09.00

1) Outside the venue at the backstage-entrance I talked to Eric Agnew,
amongst others. At that moment he already commented on the fact that
the tracklisting of the Machina II release was not 100% sure to him.
Billy had dictated the titles to him after the VH-1 Storytellers Show
and he penned them down. In the meantime we know that the songs
formerly known as Slow Down and White Spider should be spelled: Slow
Dawn and White Spyder; derived from the press release. Eric had matched
the titles he was given to the songs taking into account the lyrics of
the songs. The one title left matched the only song with no connection
to a title, which was Lucky 13.
2) From another fan (William, a Dutchman) I learned that from he a
conversation with roadies he heard that although there had been plans
for a tour until around march 2001 Melissa seems to have engaged into
other obligations, forcing the tour with The Smashing Pumpkins to end
around late November or at least not until 2001. This assuming that the
band will not hire another bass player for remaining touring.
3) Eric told me that he had informed Billy and the band on the
broadcast Jeroen Fox, Vincent Jager and I had done for KinK FM radio in
The Netherlands (airing a special of 6 hours of The Smashing Pumpkins
only with very special recordings) and that Billy and Jimmy were very
enthusiastic about this.
4) Eric told Billy before the show that Vincent and I were present at
the show. Billy told Eric to bring us backstage after the show so that
he could meet us. Before the show we met Eric and we arranged to meet
him afterwards to make it so.
5) During the after show Vincent and I were introduced to Billy and he
very patiently took his time and listened to our story on the
radiobroadcast. He took a good look at the playlist, had a little laugh
about the songs we played and asked us about the version of Drown we
played.
6) On the radio we played a version we identified as Drown (Lenny
Kravitz' Studio Outtake). He didn't know how this version sounded so I
told him. He was very interested about this alternate take and was
wondering where and when it might have been recorded. He told us he
surely didn't have this recording himself.
7) I told Billy we gave away prizes during the show in a quiz-contest
and he was kind of amused when he learned that we got those prizes from
Virgin Records for a show in which we also (but unbeknownst of Virgin
Records) played Machina II / the Friends and Enemies of Modern Music
and told the story behind this release.
8) Billy seemed to be quite okay with the playlist as presented to him
there. He told us Jimmy would be very amused to see what we had played
on the air.
9) Overhearing him talk to other people during this aftershow I learned
that Melissa's father was a writer and communist of Swiss descent. He
might also have written a book for which Melissa was the inspiration or
the subject. This man also became an important Canadian politician
after the family emigrated.
10) Billy explained that after the European tour they would go the
South Africa for three dates (which are currently announced to be in
Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town); if and when there should be dates
scheduled in the US aswell was unsure. He talked about maybe doing a
show in Madison Square Garden, NYC, Universal Amphitheater, LA and two
shows in Chicago, one of which would be in the Metro. But, as said,
these dates were unsure then.
11) He continued to talk about the fact that the European audiences
were/are more tolerant and willing to listen to the music than the
American audiences. He very clearly stated that this fact made him
enjoy European concerts more. This was in the argument of saying that
he was unsure about doing some farewell shows in the US again.
12) Billy was kind of pissed at a guy in front of the stage who -
according to Billy - tried to hurt him with intent by digging his nails
into his hand and scratching his fingers. Billy left the stage with a
bleeding finger and talked about how it hurt and that he might be
hampered a bit in his guitar playing.
13) In talking to us Billy told us he didn't like the show that much
but it was okay since Eric would not let the recording come out but
laugh at his mistakes. Eric responds by saying that he might do a
compilation again and gets Billy's approval on that one.
14) Billy then goes on telling us he's too professional nowadays to let
shows go down after 2/3 of the set. In 1991 it was like after 2/3 the
band was not in to the music and/or thought the crowd wasn't and
decided something had to happen to wake the audience. That's where
songs like Silverfuck and "all that arrogant screaming" came from. Just
to make everybody notice the band they would play for fifteen minutes
straight. Long jam songs like those are no longer in the set because he
now knows how to keep an audience paying attention from start to
finish, he tells us.

Rotterdam, 20.09.00

1) I talked to Mike Garson for quite some time. I asked him about his
piano playing before Blues Skies Bring Tears for example. Were there
teases of Summertime and Tear? Well, he was kind of surprised about the
link to Summertime, but this one was accurate. He loves the song and
plays parts of chord switches in between songs all the time he told me.
The tease of Tear, he could not remember, but I still think there were
parts of the intro he played on the Adore-tour in 1998 present there.
2) After a little talking about piano playing in general and stuff I
asked him about the work he did with Billy on the Stigmata soundtrack.
He had really enjoyed this work. Billy had asked him to collaborate and
he wrote the "Love Theme"(I think he meant the Theme of Stigmata; known
as Identify) and Billy did all the percussion and keyboards. Mike only
played the piano parts. Billy did all the programming. Mike told me he
kind of liked Billy's "funny" style of his own in his key playing.
3) Mike told me there was a DVD-version of Stigmata released with extra
scenes and additional music of which he was unaware of it being used
for the film, but he was amused.
4) He was asked to join the tour after the VH-1 Storytellers Show and
he learned some songs from listening to the recordings, but much of his
pianowork is largely improvisation.
5) He had to cancel other activities he had planned because of the tour
with The Smashing Pumpkins such as his work on a new (?) album of David
Bowie.
6) We handed Billy a recording of the Muziekcentrum Vredenburg show of
January and a 1-track CD with the version of Drown we had discussed in
Hamburg. He was visible surprised and happy with it. Earl was given
these CD's to take care of for Billy. Billy told us he would certainly
listen to the CD's and try to figure out what the Drown version might
be.
7) Once again he thanked us (now the three of us were present) for the
radiobroadcast.
8) Melissa enters the room and asks Tommy who the guys from Dutch radio
were. Tommy points at us and Melissa comes over, filming us with a
handheldvideocamera. She tells us not to be afraid; she just
documenting she says.
9) She's very sweet en gentle and asks us about the broadcast. She
wants to know if we played he favorite song Not Worth Asking aswell; we
did.
10) Jimmy is very, very amused about the broadcast aswell. We tell him
we'll bring the CD's to the band in Paris and Gent. He'll be looking
forward to that he tells us. He also invites us to the remaining shows;
we are welcome he made clear.
11) Chris Holmes asks me if I was trying to get Melissa's attention;
well, not necessarily I respond, you are Chris right? He tells me I'm
the first person to talk to him during this tour. He's fairly delighted
and tells a lot about his band (which makes alternative noise) and how
he had left his laminate in the touringbus and had to have someone
write him a working pass to avoid the hassle from "the big fellas in
the green shirts". He gave me the pass later.
12) His band did consist of him and a member of Filter at least.
13) He told me he had known Billy for a long time and was asked just
before the tour to join to perform on weird noises and string synths.
14) His vocoder didn't work during the show and thus there was only a
didgeridoo-like sound audible instead a mutated voice saying Heavy
Metal Machine.
15) Chris Holmes is a nice dude, is our conclusion.
16) When I ask Melissa to sign a sign for me she says to me she was at
my table before and I didn't ask. I tell her I thought I didn't want to
disturb her filming and thought she was way too nice and sweet then.
She says that people normally don't think of her in terms of "sweet"
and writes "thanks" below her signature and points to it.
17) The band now has to leave, but Billy is being interviewed in a
small room by Rudeboy of the band Urban Dance Squad.
18) We part from the band with warm good-bye's and see you tomorrows
and leave the backstage-area together with the band where there are
loads of fans applauding the band that's leaving for the touringcars;
strange moment.

Frankfurt, 21.09.00

1) I get backstage with Jan Stapel and Vincent because of our
invitation by Jimmy.
2) After the show Billy tells us about the Drown recording and tells us
he doesn't know the source. Neither does Jimmy.
3) But they did record the song 5 times as a demo in 1991. There was
one session in 1991 during which they recorded: Drown, Rocket, Luna,
Silverfuck and STP and it might be from that session. He's still very
thankful he had the recording given back to him.
4) Too flabbergasted to ask about STP.
5) The girlfriend of Manuel (who was backstage too) talked to Billy
about God and several aspects of faith. Billy was paying attention very
closely and answered her questions and remarks very patiently and
interested. He had some very clear views on how he thought about a
higher entity of some kind and seemed to be able to relate quite well
to her story.
6) It boiled down to the idea that believing in God or a higher entity
and spreading this faith was of big importance, but this spreading
should be done in the language the people of now are able to understand
and willing to pay attention to.
7) At another table James (after Billy had been) is being harassed by
some overly excited (not to say aroused) female fans. James tells them
that there will never be a reunion and no continuing story of The
Smashing Pumpkins; they will all pursue soloprojects.
8) Chris tells them James already had a solo album out and makes fun of
it by saying it's just simple dum-di-dum love songs and making
plingpling sounds of an acoustic guitar; but James seems to appreciate
it though.
9) Earl denotes the section where Chris is sitting as "the Holmes
Afterparty is over there".
10) Eric gives Billy a thumb up for the show and Billy makes fun of
this by telling me he liked the show himself and that it had to be good
because it got the "Eric Agnew approval".
11) Billy tells some other people he might enjoy his freedom when the
band has spilt up and might even consider writing books, he just has no
clue at all.

Oberhausen, 23.09.00:

1) It took a little bit of a hassle, but we got our passes again.
2) Outside Eric told me that James was not informed of the fact that
Billy had put his song "Go" on Machina II and he wasn't very happy
about it either, although Billy claims he had told him and told Eric he
might have started the argument of the night. The song was not finished
according to James which may be accurate since the sound is still a
little "thin"; it could use some extra parts here & there.
3) The show was great, but the encore was rearranged due to illness of
the band.
4) During the aftershow it's obvious. Jimmy is already in the
touringbus, sick. Billy comes out dressed in a hooded sweater and will
not shake hands; he doesn't want us to get sick too. He looks very pale
and tired.
5) He's doing well under the circumstances though and signs some stuff.
6) When Billy's gone, James is there and he's being harassed again.
7) Chris recognizes us and waves and we join him and talk about the
show. He liked it, but had difficulty when during Heavy Metal Machine
the band kept jamming and he didn't know when to do his part with the
vocoder.
8) He leaves us with a big smile and a "See you guys, take care, 'till
Gent!"
9) Mike has been at the center of the attention of two very polite and
mannered fans of David Bowie who handed him a live recording of one of
the best shows of David Bowie of 1999 or 2000.
10) Mike leaves us with a handshake and a "See ya in Paris!"
11) In the meantime Chris stands in the door with his big backpack on
and says: "Jah-mès, come on the bus is leaving."
12) After that a little goodbye and James too leaves.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ZEROvireX

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
wow... great info!

I am soooooo jealous. :o( hehe

--
ZEROvireX
xo

| FAEOMM artwork |
http://www.angelfire.com/nb/burner/cover.html

nobu...@my-deja.com

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
In article <8rf0i7$jf8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Very interesting, and not too badly written. *STP?*

--
Did someone say Punk Rock? www.nobullox.com!

todd_kleist

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
In article <8rf0i7$jf8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
nspn...@my-deja.com wrote:

::Snip irrelvent, but very interesting points of the post::

> 5) During the after show Vincent and I were introduced to Billy and he
> very patiently took his time and listened to our story on the
> radiobroadcast. He took a good look at the playlist, had a little
laugh
> about the songs we played and asked us about the version of Drown we
> played.

> 6) On the radio we played a version we identified as Drown (Lenny
> Kravitz' Studio Outtake). He didn't know how this version sounded so I
> told him. He was very interested about this alternate take and was
> wondering where and when it might have been recorded. He told us he
> surely didn't have this recording himself.

::next day::

> 6) We handed Billy a recording of the Muziekcentrum Vredenburg show of
> January and a 1-track CD with the version of Drown we had discussed in
> Hamburg. He was visible surprised and happy with it. Earl was given
> these CD's to take care of for Billy. Billy told us he would certainly
> listen to the CD's and try to figure out what the Drown version might
> be.

::next day::

> 2) After the show Billy tells us about the Drown recording and tells
us
> he doesn't know the source. Neither does Jimmy.
> 3) But they did record the song 5 times as a demo in 1991. There was
> one session in 1991 during which they recorded: Drown, Rocket, Luna,
> Silverfuck and STP and it might be from that session. He's still very
> thankful he had the recording given back to him.
> 4) Too flabbergasted to ask about STP.

Wow. STP does exist. is this the same session as:

http://www.spfc.org/band/studio.html?session_id=11

Anyone wanna help, Jesse, Dave(s)????

--
-todd
np: How to disappear completely

sebastie...@my-deja.com

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
wow, that's an amazing story... as I'm still going to 3 gigs this
month, I'm *again* trying hard to find a way to get backstage, too,
even though I know I'll never do it... oh well...

btw, Mike Garson did play teases of Tear before BSBT on this tour. I'm
sure, cause in Hamburg I didn't know the setlist and I truly thought it
was going to be Tear when Mike was playing (I even told my friend).
There was some of Summertime, too (actually, Mike was doing like 2
minutes of Summertime before Blank Page back in the Adore tour).

Seb

Jeroen

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
'todd_kleist', what are you hoarding, this time?
» In article <8rf0i7$jf8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

» nspn...@my-deja.com wrote:
»
» ::Snip irrelvent, but very interesting points of the post::

(snip more)

»> 6) On the radio we played a version we identified as Drown (Lenny

»> Kravitz' Studio Outtake). He didn't know how this version sounded so I
»> told him. He was very interested about this alternate take and was
»> wondering where and when it might have been recorded. He told us he
»> surely didn't have this recording himself.

(snip)

»> 2) After the show Billy tells us about the Drown recording and tells

»> us he doesn't know the source. Neither does Jimmy.
»> 3) But they did record the song 5 times as a demo in 1991. There was
»> one session in 1991 during which they recorded: Drown, Rocket, Luna,
»> Silverfuck and STP and it might be from that session. He's still very
»> thankful he had the recording given back to him.
»> 4) Too flabbergasted to ask about STP.

»
» Wow. STP does exist. is this the same session as:

»
» http://www.spfc.org/band/studio.html?session_id=11
»
» Anyone wanna help, Jesse, Dave(s)????

So does this mean that Drown version isn't from the Waterfront session?

Be blissed
Jeroen
grapevine: STP=WYW

--
FEEL? SEE? CARE. HEAR? TOUCH! MISS! FEEL? SEE? CARE. HEAR? TOUCH! MISS!
FEEL? SEE? CARE. HEAR? TOUCH! MISS! FEEL? SEE? CARE. HEAR? TOUCH! MISS!
FEEL? SEE? CARE. HEAR? TOUCH! MISS! FEEL? SEE? CARE. HEAR? TOUCH! MISS!

Eric Agnew

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
Also sprach Jeroen:
> grapevine: STP=WYW

Yep.. I should make that fix now while we're all talking about it.. STP
is none other than "What You Wanted". I think that's gotta be the
longest-running mislabeled song ever. :)

--
www.spfc.org - SP lyrics, discog, tabs, faq, news, tour hist, reviews, etc.
Eric Agnew agnew at goku dot dyndns dot org

StArSeEd

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
"Eric Agnew" <on-...@spam.no> wrote in message

> Also sprach Jeroen:
> > grapevine: STP=WYW
>
> Yep.. I should make that fix now while we're all talking about it.. STP
> is none other than "What You Wanted". I think that's gotta be the
> longest-running mislabeled song ever. :)

Oops.. hey Jeroen, don't use (ugh, I can't think of the word I want to use.. I guess
"abbreviations" will work) that can mean more than one song.. ;o)

-StArSeEd, thought WYW=Wishing You Were
--
starseed.dyn.dhs.org spmp3/spmp3
IRC EFnet #smashing_pumpkins

ryan n*ms

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
Eric Agnew's got chiiiiiiiiiiiiiils, they're multiply-in'

>> grapevine: STP=WYW
>
>Yep.. I should make that fix now while we're all talking about it.. STP
>is none other than "What You Wanted". I think that's gotta be the
>longest-running mislabeled song ever. :)

Yowwwza... next we're going to find out Tulips is really Space Jam or something..

--

The Ryan Nims Trading Experience
http://www.geocities.com/nimskicksass/list.htm

Eric Agnew

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
Also sprach StArSeEd:

> "Eric Agnew" <on-...@spam.no> wrote in message
>> Also sprach Jeroen:
>>> grapevine: STP=WYW
>> [...] STP is none other than "What You Wanted". [...]

> Oops.. hey Jeroen, don't use (ugh, I can't think of the word I want to
> use.. I guess "abbreviations" will work) that can mean more than one
> song.. ;o)

Acronyms?

--
np: dross

Jeroen

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
'Eric', what are you hoarding, this time?
» Also sprach Jeroen:
»> grapevine: STP=WYW
»
» Yep.. I should make that fix now while we're all talking about it.. STP
» is none other than "What You Wanted". I think that's gotta be the

» longest-running mislabeled song ever. :)
»

But does it stand for something? Abbreviation?

(*opens up lyrics to WYW* Hmm... not a clue...)

Oh no! Not another XYU!!! :P

Be blissed
Jeroen
when are you gonna do what you wanted when you want it

Eric Agnew

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
Also sprach Jeroen:
>> [STP]

> But does it stand for something? Abbreviation?
> (*opens up lyrics to WYW* Hmm... not a clue...)
> Oh no! Not another XYU!!! :P

D00d i herd it ment smashing the pumpkins d00d!!!1

--
np: ItiaG

StArSeEd

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00

> Also sprach StArSeEd:
> > "Eric Agnew" <on-...@spam.no> wrote in message
> >> Also sprach Jeroen:
> >> [...] STP is none other than "What You Wanted". [...]
> > Oops.. hey Jeroen, don't use (ugh, I can't think of the word I want to
> > use.. I guess "abbreviations" will work) that can mean more than one
> > song.. ;o)
>
> Acronyms?

Yeah, that's the word, thanks.. I knew anagrams didn't seem right..

-StArSeEd

StArSeEd

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
"Jeroen" <Jeroen_und...@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message

> 'Eric', what are you hoarding, this time?
> » Also sprach Jeroen:
> »> grapevine: STP=WYW
> »

> » Yep.. I should make that fix now while we're all talking about it.. STP
> » is none other than "What You Wanted". I think that's gotta be the
> » longest-running mislabeled song ever. :)
> »
>
> But does it stand for something? Abbreviation?
>
> (*opens up lyrics to WYW* Hmm... not a clue...)
>
> Oh no! Not another XYU!!! :P

I haven't listened to that song in a while.. does it resemble any Stone Temple Pilots
songs? Just a hunch.. probably a wrong one.

Jeroen

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
'StArSeEd', what are you hoarding, this time?
» "Eric Agnew" <on-...@spam.no> wrote in message
» news:8rg5r4$k...@dispatch.concentric.net...
»> Also sprach Jeroen:

»> > grapevine: STP=WYW
»>
»> Yep.. I should make that fix now while we're all talking about it.. STP
»> is none other than "What You Wanted". I think that's gotta be the
»> longest-running mislabeled song ever. :)
»
» Oops.. hey Jeroen, don't use (ugh, I can't think of the word I want to
» use.. I guess "abbreviations" will work) that can mean more than one
» song.. ;o)
»
» -StArSeEd, thought WYW=Wishing You Were

Hehe. Well, uhm. That's one of the reasons I immediately deleted the
post... But I guess I failed, eh? ;-)

Be blissed
Jeroen
me and my big mouth :P"

Jeroen

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
'StArSeEd', what are you hoarding, this time?
» "Jeroen" <Jeroen_und...@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message

[STP]

»> But does it stand for something? Abbreviation?

»> (*opens up lyrics to WYW* Hmm... not a clue...)
»> Oh no! Not another XYU!!! :P
»
» I haven't listened to that song in a while.. does it resemble any
» Stone Temple Pilots songs? Just a hunch.. probably a wrong one.

Where they around back then? 1991?

Be blissed
Jeroen
who doesn't think so

StArSeEd

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00

> 'StArSeEd', what are you hoarding, this time?
> » "Jeroen" <Jeroen_und...@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message
>
> [STP]
>
> »> But does it stand for something? Abbreviation?
> »> (*opens up lyrics to WYW* Hmm... not a clue...)
> »> Oh no! Not another XYU!!! :P
> »
> » I haven't listened to that song in a while.. does it resemble any
> » Stone Temple Pilots songs? Just a hunch.. probably a wrong one.
>
> Where they around back then? 1991?

Good point.

-StArSeEd, forgetting how old "STP", the song, was

Ed June

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00

Wow, you are one lucky person.
Being a wage-slave, I can only dream of doing such things.
Thanks for the 'report' though!
I even saved it...

--

Ed June

bu...@america.net
Linux: An open choice for free people worldwide.

normalperson

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
StArSeEd unwound some gray matter and transcribed the following thoughts:
> > STP, the BAND may not have been around that long...but STP the motor
> > oil has, as far as I know. It may be a longshot, but Billy's certainly
> > a car/racing person. Don't know how long that's been the case
> > though...but when I met him in '99 he was talking about the new cars
> > and racing circuit and such. I don't know all that much about such
> > things (for once, I wished I had my manager's knowledge of cars and
> > racing to keep up a good conversation) but there are certainly some
> > songs out there which denote..."Drive", "Cash Car
> > Star", "Camaro", "Speed" and/or "Speed Racer", "The Viper"...I dunno.
> > Do you all think I'm simply sleep deprived?
>

> Camaro? Hmm.. haven't heard that one. Speed and Speed Racer are different songs, I
> believe.

how could you not know about Camaro!? oh... how dare you!! ;)

'tis a PM song, and a very nice GM should keep in their lineup

me spamming here:

http://www.camaroz28.com/savefbody/index.shtml

--
Eric Wong // ICQ:5149095 // AIM:nrmlprsn <- Get File
ftp://cool:freq...@hevimetlmachine.dyndns.org

thad...@hotmail.com

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
"Camaro"

IIRC, Billy used to drive an old '70s Camaro in high school... I think I
read that in some interview...

--
trade list:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/1985/

starboy

Oct 4, 2000, 8:48:30 PM10/4/00

> > » I haven't listened to that song in a while.. does it resemble any
> > » Stone Temple Pilots songs? Just a hunch.. probably a wrong one.
> >
> > Where they around back then? 1991?
>
> Good point.
>
> -StArSeEd, forgetting how old "STP", the song, was

STP, the BAND may not have been around that long...but STP the motor

oil has, as far as I know. It may be a longshot, but Billy's certainly
a car/racing person. Don't know how long that's been the case
though...but when I met him in '99 he was talking about the new cars
and racing circuit and such. I don't know all that much about such
things (for once, I wished I had my manager's knowledge of cars and
racing to keep up a good conversation) but there are certainly some
songs out there which denote..."Drive", "Cash Car
Star", "Camaro", "Speed" and/or "Speed Racer", "The Viper"...I dunno.
Do you all think I'm simply sleep deprived?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
AIM: pigmailzx | ICQ#: 11594467
"There is in every madman a misunderstood genius whose idea, shining in
his head, frightened people, and for whom delirium was the only
solution to the strangulation that life had prepared for him."
- Antonin Artaud

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In article <BOOC5.16708$cW3.3...@typhoon.southeast.rr.com>,

"StArSeEd" <jwe...@SPAM.ec.THIS.rr.MONKEY.com.BREATH> wrote:
> "Jeroen" <Jeroen_und...@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message
> > 'StArSeEd', what are you hoarding, this time?
> > » "Jeroen" <Jeroen_und...@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message
> >
> > [STP]
> >
> > »> But does it stand for something? Abbreviation?
> > »> (*opens up lyrics to WYW* Hmm... not a clue...)
> > »> Oh no! Not another XYU!!! :P

StArSeEd

Oct 4, 2000, 9:08:26 PM10/4/00
> STP, the BAND may not have been around that long...but STP the motor
> oil has, as far as I know. It may be a longshot, but Billy's certainly
> a car/racing person. Don't know how long that's been the case
> though...but when I met him in '99 he was talking about the new cars
> and racing circuit and such. I don't know all that much about such
> things (for once, I wished I had my manager's knowledge of cars and
> racing to keep up a good conversation) but there are certainly some
> songs out there which denote..."Drive", "Cash Car
> Star", "Camaro", "Speed" and/or "Speed Racer", "The Viper"...I dunno.
> Do you all think I'm simply sleep deprived?

Camaro? Hmm.. haven't heard that one. Speed and Speed Racer are different songs, I
believe.

-StArSeEd

starboy

Oct 4, 2000, 10:08:37 PM10/4/00

>Camaro? Hmm.. haven't heard that one. Speed and Speed Racer are
different songs, I
> believe.
>
> -StArSeEd

I know "Speed" and "Speed Racer" are different songs. I figured "Speed"
wasn't clearly enough a car/racing reference for some people, so
the "and/or" was simply to show "even if you don't agree with my
connection to THIS one, 'Speed Racer' is rather obvious..." Like I
said, sleep deprivation. Works wonders on coming up with misconstrued,
inane ideas. As for "Camaro"...Pastichio Medley clip.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In article <ewQC5.16741$cW3.3...@typhoon.southeast.rr.com>,

"StArSeEd" <jwe...@SPAM.ec.THIS.rr.MONKEY.com.BREATH> wrote:
> > STP, the BAND may not have been around that long...but STP the motor
> > oil has, as far as I know. It may be a longshot, but Billy's
certainly
> > a car/racing person. Don't know how long that's been the case
> > though...but when I met him in '99 he was talking about the new cars
> > and racing circuit and such. I don't know all that much about such
> > things (for once, I wished I had my manager's knowledge of cars and
> > racing to keep up a good conversation) but there are certainly some
> > songs out there which denote..."Drive", "Cash Car
> > Star", "Camaro", "Speed" and/or "Speed Racer", "The Viper"...I
dunno.
> > Do you all think I'm simply sleep deprived?

StArSeEd

Oct 4, 2000, 10:35:59 PM10/4/00
"starboy" <sta...@rawk.com> wrote in message news:8rgnr1$39k$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> >Camaro? Hmm.. haven't heard that one. Speed and Speed Racer are
> different songs, I
> > believe.
> >
> > -StArSeEd
>
> I know "Speed" and "Speed Racer" are different songs. I figured "Speed"
> wasn't clearly enough a car/racing reference for some people, so
> the "and/or" was simply to show "even if you don't agree with my
> connection to THIS one, 'Speed Racer' is rather obvious..." Like I
> said, sleep deprivation. Works wonders on coming up with misconstrued,
> inane ideas. As for "Camaro"...Pastichio Medley clip.

Ah. So many PM songs, so little memory. What are there, 77 or something?