What % of Rush songs do you like ?

SAT W-7

Jun 17, 2008, 2:01:07 PM6/17/08
I would say i like 90 % of all Rush songs , there are very few i do not
like ...

How about you ?

Geo

Jun 17, 2008, 2:40:00 PM6/17/08

3.141

Max C. Webster III

Jun 17, 2008, 3:04:57 PM6/17/08
"Geo" <taxpa...@hotmail.com> done said:

I don't like the ones by Pye, either.

- Max -
=======
As Americans we must always remember that we all
have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous,
powerful, and relentless. I refer, of course,
to the federal government. - Dave Barry

Doppelbock

Jun 17, 2008, 3:14:53 PM6/17/08
Max C. Webster III put down his beer long enough to post:

Don't know if the setup was intentional, but PRR nonetheless.

--
*** ERROR: OUT OF BEER ***

MacRushFan

Jun 17, 2008, 3:29:29 PM6/17/08
In article <14278-485...@storefull-3334.bay.webtv.net>, SAT W-7
<Sin...@webtv.net> wrote:

Calculation Results
DPMO 2,959
Defects (%) 0.30
Yield (%) 99.70
Process Sigma 4.25

338 Rush Songs in my iTunes lib w/some live dups.
(Rivendell is the defect)

Another 242 shows on CD but not counting them. I am sure it would push
it near 6 sigma thou... ;)

Rocinante

Jun 18, 2008, 12:10:31 AM6/18/08

How do I count songs that I only partly like? Should I set up a matrix for
these equations or what?

--
Minds, like parachutes, function best when open.

Rocinante...@gmail.com
6/18/2008 12:09:07 AM

Jim Geiger

Jun 18, 2008, 12:52:26 AM6/18/08
My criteria was only concerned with the studio-recorded songs.
Live versions don't change my feelings on any given song, so that
point is moot.
The result was more than I expected... 85.6%.

Kyle

Jun 18, 2008, 1:53:39 PM6/18/08
On Jun 17, 2:01 pm, Sin...@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:

I guess I like about 85 - 90% of their stuff. It seems to me that
there's usually one or two clunkers per record -- a very respectably
low number.

catpandaddy

Jun 18, 2008, 2:07:57 PM6/18/08

"Kyle" <kyle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

They should really have just removed the clunkers beforehand.

Kyle

Jun 18, 2008, 2:17:09 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 2:07 pm, "catpandaddy" <c...@cat.pan.net> wrote:
> "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I think so. But to my mind, the clunkers of VT were "Peaceable
Kingdom" and "Freeze." And the clunker of S&A is "Armor and Sword."

catpandaddy

Jun 18, 2008, 2:21:38 PM6/18/08

> On Jun 18, 2:07 pm, "catpandaddy" <c...@cat.pan.net> wrote:
>> "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > I guess I like about 85 - 90% of their stuff. It seems to me that
>> > there's usually one or two clunkers per record -- a very respectably
>> > low number.
>>
>> They should really have just removed the clunkers beforehand.
>
> I think so. But to my mind, the clunker of VT was "VT, the album." And
> the clunker of S&A is "S&A."

FTFY.

Kyle

Jun 18, 2008, 2:34:14 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 2:21 pm, "catpandaddy" <c...@cat.pan.net> wrote:
> "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 18, 2:07 pm, "catpandaddy" <c...@cat.pan.net> wrote:
> >> "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> They should really have just removed the clunkers beforehand.
>
> > I think so. But to my mind, the clunker of VT was "VT, the album." And
> > the clunker of S&A is "S&A."
>
> FTFY.

Nah, I think in terms of songwriting, performances, and lyrics, VT is
without a doubt one of Rush's best albums ever.

catpandaddy

Jun 18, 2008, 2:52:22 PM6/18/08

"Kyle" <kyle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I do like cruising around in my Audi with that one blasting over the Bose
speakers.

Mike Smith

Jun 18, 2008, 5:15:47 PM6/18/08
nt

Dave-E

Jun 18, 2008, 5:58:31 PM6/18/08
And the clunker of S&A is "Armor and Sword."

Blasphemer!

catpandaddy

Jun 18, 2008, 6:19:04 PM6/18/08

"Mike Smith" <smithREM...@michaelREMOVETHISsmith.org> wrote in message
> nt

xp

Lerxst in Wonderland©

Jun 18, 2008, 7:47:54 PM6/18/08
3g

Dale Hicks

Jun 18, 2008, 10:24:15 PM6/18/08
In article <6ca2fa5b-0f6f-4230-975e-93a412bad76a@
2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com>, kyle...@yahoo.com says...

To me, the worst song on VT is "Secret Touch", but I don't think it's
a clunker, just a little weak in comparison to everything else.

And "Good News First" is easily the worst song on S&A. "Bravest
Face" is pretty bad, but nowhere near GNF. "The Larger Bowl"'s music
isn't for me, except I really dig the pantoum (or whatever) wordplay.

Many songs could have been improved by making them 3:45 instead of
6:45. They just didn't have that much to say.

--
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

Dale Hicks

Jun 18, 2008, 10:24:35 PM6/18/08
In article <y8CdnU1qHfOZ5sTV...@supernews.com>,
smithREM...@michaelREMOVETHISsmith.org says...
> nt

9I%

D-Money Hynes

Jun 18, 2008, 10:44:29 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 9:24 pm, Dale Hicks <dgh1...@southernbell.com> wrote:

> To me, the worst song on VT is "Secret Touch", but I don't think it's
> a clunker, just a little weak in comparison to everything else.

That's my 2nd fave, after "Earthshine".

> And "Good News First" is easily the worst song on S&A.

The lyrics are reaching a little, but I still like it.

> "Bravest
> Face" is pretty bad,

Naw.

> but nowhere near GNF. "The Larger Bowl"'s music
> isn't for me, except I really dig the pantoum (or whatever) wordplay.

"We Hold On" is a classic weak album-closer

D-Money Hynes

Jun 18, 2008, 10:45:43 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 1:17 pm, Kyle <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think so. But to my mind, the clunkers of VT were "Peaceable
> Kingdom" and "Freeze."

PK is my number 3 favorite. Freeze is my #4.

> And the clunker of S&A is "Armor and Sword."

No, no, no. :-)

D-Money Hynes

Jun 18, 2008, 10:46:11 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 9:24 pm, Dale Hicks <dgh1...@southernbell.com> wrote:
> In article <y8CdnU1qHfOZ5sTVnZ2dnUVZ_jSdn...@supernews.com>,
> smithREMOVETHI...@michaelREMOVETHISsmith.org says...

> > nt
>
> 9I%
>
> --
> Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

LSMFT.

Jim Geiger

Jun 18, 2008, 11:59:14 PM6/18/08

IOO per cent

Don Bruder

Jun 19, 2008, 2:04:14 AM6/19/08
In article
<08e327c3-54ea-4bff...@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
D-Money Hynes <damon...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just 'cause I'm twisted out of my head on the pain pills for my ribs, I
gotta ask to be sure you're making the reference I think you are...

Floppy tits or fine tobacco?

--
Don Bruder - dak...@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info

D-Money Hynes

Jun 19, 2008, 7:17:52 AM6/19/08
On Jun 19, 1:04 am, Don Bruder <dak...@sonic.net> wrote:

> > LSMFT.
>
> Just 'cause I'm twisted out of my head on the pain pills for my ribs, I
> gotta ask to be sure you're making the reference I think you are...
>
> Floppy tits or fine tobacco?

Tobaccy :-)

Kyle

Jun 19, 2008, 12:35:32 PM6/19/08
On Jun 18, 5:58 pm, Dave-E <davegt...@aol.com> wrote:
> And the clunker of S&A is "Armor and Sword."
>
> Blasphemer!

I love that simple, heavy riff that they go into in the choruses, and
I like the middle eight. The intro, verses, and solo don't do it for
me, though. I actually hate the intro (which recurs throughout the
song); something else there could have easily saved the song.

Kyle

Jun 19, 2008, 12:38:39 PM6/19/08
On Jun 18, 10:24 pm, Dale Hicks <dgh1...@southernbell.com> wrote:
> In article <6ca2fa5b-0f6f-4230-975e-93a412bad76a@
> 2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com>, kylej...@yahoo.com says...

> > On Jun 18, 2:07 pm, "catpandaddy" <c...@cat.pan.net> wrote:
> > > "Kyle" <kylej...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > They should really have just removed the clunkers beforehand.
>
> > I think so. But to my mind, the clunkers of VT were "Peaceable
> > Kingdom" and "Freeze." And the clunker of S&A is "Armor and Sword."
>
> To me, the worst song on VT is "Secret Touch", but I don't think it's
> a clunker, just a little weak in comparison to everything else.
>
> And "Good News First" is easily the worst song on S&A. "Bravest
> Face" is pretty bad, but nowhere near GNF.

I *love* GNF. That solo is just beautiful, possibly the best on the
album. And I love that primal thing Neil does (matched, more or less,
by Geddy on the bass) as it resolves.

norborder

Jun 19, 2008, 12:42:46 PM6/19/08

"Kyle" sayed:

The problem with GNF & BF, IMO, is in the vocal delivery. The ridiculously
stretched-out syllables in GNF & that horrible "wonderful world" & "solve
all the" pseudo-falsetto shit in BF is cringe-inducing.

--
I am looking forward to an orderly election tomorrow, which will eliminate
the need for a violent bloodbath.

Kyle

Jun 19, 2008, 12:58:44 PM6/19/08

I think the GNF vocal -- I assume you're complaining about the verses
-- works. It sounds appropriately haunted.

norborder

Jun 19, 2008, 1:09:41 PM6/19/08
"Kyle" sayed:

No, it sounds inappropriately stretched-out.

Don Bruder

Jun 19, 2008, 1:23:35 PM6/19/08
In article
<3ac8c6af-6059-433b...@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>,
D-Money Hynes <damon...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hokay :)

(Considering it's AMR, the tits variation was just as likely)