Jim Hutton's 50th birthday!!

1 view

Pep

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98

Hi dears,

I was re-reading Mercury and Me this weekend and suddenly realised Jim
Hutton will celebrate his 50th birthday somewhere in January 1999!

Wouldn't it be a great idea to send him a birthdaycard, on behalf of (some
people of) AMQ? --> as far as I know, he's still alive, but I don't know
whether the Aids-virus has already been activated or not and therefore, if
he has much time left. :( - could be his last bday.
I'd like to let him know how much I appreciated the things he has done for
his "husband", our dear Freddie.

Only problem is... when does he celebrate his birthday, and - more
important - how could the birthdaycard reach him? - don't know any adress,
and I doubt that the Queen Management or Mary have any contact with him.
Maybe Jacky has?

Well, dears, what do you think?

Hoit, Pep

Waves of alternatives wash at my sleepiness,
have my eggs poached for breakfast I guess.

Herta Bang Rye Clausen

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
I think it's a wonderful idea to send a birthday greeting to Jim Hutton.
Some day, I hope to be able to get hold of a bopy of "Mercury and Me",
as I would very much like to see Freddie through the eyes of someone who
loved him.

Herta.

Britangel4

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
>Hi dears,
>
>I was re-reading Mercury and Me this weekend and suddenly realised Jim
>Hutton will celebrate his 50th birthday somewhere in January 1999!
>
>Wouldn't it be a great idea to send him a birthdaycard, on behalf of (some
>people of) AMQ? --> as far as I know, he's still alive, but I don't know
>whether the Aids-virus has already been activated or not and therefore, if
>he has much time left. :( - could be his last bday.
>I'd like to let him know how much I appreciated the things he has done for
>his "husband", our dear Freddie.
>
>Only problem is... when does he celebrate his birthday, and - more
>important - how could the birthdaycard reach him? - don't know any adress,
>and I doubt that the Queen Management or Mary have any contact with him.
>Maybe Jacky has?
>
>Well, dears, what do you think?
>
>Hoit, Pep

count me in!!!!!!!!! i'd love to wish jim a happy birthday!!!!

sarah

p.s.-oh, i'm sending a hoit back to you, pep : )

through the sorrow all through our splendor
don't take offence at my innuendo

to email, remove N.S4ever

rOOth

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
Pep wrote:

> Hi dears,
>
> I was re-reading Mercury and Me this weekend and suddenly realised Jim
> Hutton will celebrate his 50th birthday somewhere in January 1999!
>
> Wouldn't it be a great idea to send him a birthdaycard, on behalf of (some
> people of) AMQ? --> as far as I know, he's still alive, but I don't know
> whether the Aids-virus has already been activated or not and therefore, if
> he has much time left. :( - could be his last bday.
> I'd like to let him know how much I appreciated the things he has done for
> his "husband", our dear Freddie.
>
> Only problem is... when does he celebrate his birthday, and - more
> important - how could the birthdaycard reach him? - don't know any adress,
> and I doubt that the Queen Management or Mary have any contact with him.
> Maybe Jacky has?
>
> Well, dears, what do you think?
>
> Hoit, Pep
>

> Waves of alternatives wash at my sleepiness,
> have my eggs poached for breakfast I guess.

Smasher Pep - me in too! I re-read some of his book at weekend also - I
think Phoebe may know his whereabouts.
--
---
rOOth

RAV4

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
Count Me Out, Jim Hutton Betrayed Freddie and As The Members Of Queen Said Jim
Hutton Has Lied And Is Not To Be Connected with Freddie Or Queen... Hutton Is
Bastard You People Need To Realize It...

Freddie Forever

rOOth

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
to RAV4
RAV4 wrote:

well thanx for the personal email too mate .... but oh no, not this again - didn't
we just discuss that was because the publicists behind the book made it seem
connected to the band so the band issued a statement saying it wasn't? And - btw
- Phoebe wrote the foreword; heard of him? Read his book? Know what a good time
is? Oh me gosh, you've got me all riled up; i only came in here to send a work
email, calm down i must. Of course you could be right, but i reread the first
chapter on sat and it reeks of a good-natured fun-loving individual. But who
knows. Oh me gosh.

Erica

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
In article <19981130220115...@ng57.aol.com>, ra...@aol.com
(RAV4) wrote:

> Count Me Out, Jim Hutton Betrayed Freddie and As The Members Of Queen Said Jim
> Hutton Has Lied And Is Not To Be Connected with Freddie Or Queen... Hutton Is
> Bastard You People Need To Realize It...
>
> Freddie Forever

That is between Queen, Mary and Jim. I personally don't know what really
happened. I would wager that none of us on this group really knows what
happened. And I don't gotta realize nuthin' if I don't want ta. So there.
:P
The Goddess

--
And so we grace another table
And raise our glasses one more time

Pep

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, rOOth wrote:

> Smasher Pep - me in too! I re-read some of his book at weekend also - I
> think Phoebe may know his whereabouts.

Heh heh... but I also don't know Phoebe's whereabouts - ordered his book
via the Dutch division of the Queen fanclub!

Pep

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
On 1 Dec 1998, RAV4 wrote:
> Count Me Out, Jim Hutton Betrayed Freddie and As The Members Of Queen Said Jim
> Hutton Has Lied And Is Not To Be Connected with Freddie Or Queen... Hutton Is
> Bastard You People Need To Realize It...

We've had this discussion some months ago, and I personally don't think
Jim betrayed anyone...
Apart from that, betraying or not, he *has* meant a great deal to Freddie
and I think Freddie's last years were also his happiest (esp. 1986-1990,
when he didn't have too much pain yet). That for one thing is a reason to
give him an expression of gratitude.

btw, Why All This Capital Letters? ;-)

rOOth

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Pep wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, rOOth wrote:
> >
> > Smasher Pep - me in too! I re-read some of his book at weekend also - I
> > think Phoebe may know his whereabouts.
>
> Heh heh... but I also don't know Phoebe's whereabouts - ordered his book
> via the Dutch division of the Queen fanclub!
>

> Hoit, Pep
>
> Waves of alternatives wash at my sleepiness,
> have my eggs poached for breakfast I guess.

The bubble-lite the book came in likes sticking around, and its gold stickers
say :-
KINTYRE HOTEL, 450 Babbacombe Road, Torquay, Devon TQ1 1HW
Tel : 01803-294145; i presume he'd let us forward it thru him if he can help...

Jdmischief

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Count me in. I don't care if he did indeed betray Freddie. The love that is/was
between them is all that matters.

Tickling the fancy of his lady friend.

Jenni

Jackie

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Hi Pep.

Contact me if you want his address and can't find it anywhere else.

Jackie.

Gr8kingRat

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
I'm sorry but....Fuck Jim...

vinylfreak

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
In article <Pine.SOL.3.96.981201...@hermes.uci.kun.nl>,
Pep <s960...@hermes.uci.kun.nl> writes

>On 1 Dec 1998, RAV4 wrote:
>> Count Me Out, Jim Hutton Betrayed Freddie and As The Members Of Queen Said Jim
>> Hutton Has Lied And Is Not To Be Connected with Freddie Or Queen... Hutton Is
>> Bastard You People Need To Realize It...
>
>We've had this discussion some months ago, and I personally don't think
>Jim betrayed anyone...
>Apart from that, betraying or not, he *has* meant a great deal to Freddie
>and I think Freddie's last years were also his happiest (esp. 1986-1990,
>when he didn't have too much pain yet). That for one thing is a reason to
>give him an expression of gratitude.

i`m with you on this pep.
don`t know the man and wish him all the best in his life.

--
vinylfreak

Erica

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
In article <19981202163028...@ng09.aol.com>,
gr8ki...@aol.com (Gr8kingRat) wrote:

> I'm sorry but....Fuck Jim...

Shouldn't I get to know him first?

Da Goddess

--
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

vinylfreak

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
In article <745b0v$j...@newsops.execpc.com>, Erica
<di...@Ihatespam.execpc.com> writes

>In article <19981202163028...@ng09.aol.com>,
>gr8ki...@aol.com (Gr8kingRat) wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry but....Fuck Jim...
>
>Shouldn't I get to know him first?
>
>Da Goddess

couldn`t stop laughing at this.
my typing`s bad enough without laughter making me hit the wrong keys.

--
vinylfreak

rOOth

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98