Fortunate

mw...@my-dejanews.com

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
At first I'd have to admit that I wasn't feeeling "Fortunate" and that is
only because he spoiled us to death with a piece of work like "Embrya". But
after listening to it, really listening to it...I don't know what y'all are
talking about. THE MAN TOOK THE SONG TO CHURCH!!!!! And I ain't talking about
the pulpit type :-) I usually pride M on his lyrics. With this one, I don't
care what he is singing or how simplistic it is. He just feels it. Goes to
prove that he will have lasting stability in this business (if he chooses
to)if you can take an R Kelly production (no disprespect to Kelly) and twist
into something with that much feeling. Y'all should be happy and proud that
he can work with any type of artist, in any type of genre. Sell out? Hardly.
Prolific and versatile, hell

Damn, Maxwell is "the only one that makes me wanna come out of these walls"

ML

PS- Shout out to HK, Peaches and all my girls from NY!!

In article <36F923E...@learn.senecac.on.ca>,
jbh...@learn.senecac.on.ca wrote:
> Finally heard a clip of FORTUNATE on the MUSZE site and I gotta say that
> this song is gonna be a huge hit for MAXWELL... to bad he's selling
> out! His vocals are cool as always but the music is down right
> boring... kinda like an R.Kelly album.
>
> Maxwell, if you're reading, JAM WITH PRINCE!!!!!!!!!!

mw...@hotmail.com

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

jbhadra

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

> Y'all should be happy and proud that
> he can work with any type of artist, in any type of genre. Sell out? Hardly.
> Prolific and versatile, hell

This is what you call prolific and versatile? ALthough EMBRYA and URBAN HANGE
SUITE
are great albums, they are not at all versatile in regards to sound. The EMBRYA
record sounds
the same all they way through, Max even uses sound samples from songs in other
songs. Get real...
you want a versatile sounding record, listen to SIGN OF THE TIMES by Prince,
VIBRATOR by Terence Trent D'arby,
5 by Lenny Kravitz, SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE by Stevie Wonder... now that's
versatility.

I record music and recording with a different producer isn't the most difficult
thing to do for a singer...
it's more of a difficult job for the producer.

Peace and Be Wild

Jay

Bklynn22

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
wow, telling someone that they just weren't listening is a pretty strong
statement.....maybe it would be better to appreciate that there is a difference
in opinion rather than a lack of hearing talent? Between this posting group and
another one I have to say I am both disapponited in people's defense of maxwell
and this song and happy that people are so "into" Maxwell. I'm disapponited
that people would take such an attack on another persons opinion which really
should not have any other effect than to either A) reinforce your own or B)
make you really think about what it is that you like about the song or C) just
accept that you like it and this person did not.
smiles....