Bobs not Zealot, somethings missing?

?

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
Sa'mir & Tom posting about their triumphant win on-
Lurpacks, Thin Quizie...

Well, I tried (but failed) to D/L the MP3's
(I missed them on the air, as I was busy watching paint dry:)

Quote from their (?) web-site:
"Remember, if you're not down with the Zealot,
WE GOT TWO WORDS FOR YOU!!"

Would that be "Thank you" ?

(RATS, I did a cross-post!;)

?

Tom

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
what the fuck are you talking about?
and as for the two words, take a leaf out of the new age outlaws' book

"Why are the pretty ones always insane?"
Chief Wiggum

tom draper
icq #25470095
aol IM : TomSkint69
http://www.angelfire.com/on/bobthezealot
superfur...@mindless.com

Samir

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
YES, BUT WHAT'S YOUR POINT ASH?

Samir

"too many numbers, numbers, numbers..."

THE BRAIN FARM- http://members.easyspace.com/eatradio/index.html
WORLD OF STRAW- http://straw.webjump.com/
ICQ-12430581

?

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99

Samir wrote in message <7flas3$2rn$1...@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>YES, BUT WHAT'S YOUR POINT ASH?

I wasn't so clear, was I?

"I tried (but failed)"

Summit went wrong *twice, I'm not saying its you or me
to blame for definite (coz I don't know?) I was just making
the point that I "failed" to D/L the MP3's! in case others were
having trouble...

<click>

Downloading in process!
(nothing registering on the progress bar?)

*Time passes*

[error, this just ain't happnin man!]

<click cancel>

Don't FLAME (grilled whopper;) me for saying, what I said!

Think of the free advertising I just did on a non SFA / Mansun
related topic!

ASH < I'm not getting involved, like this again! In future - I'll
adopt the facist Huw view: "Get this OT pant's, off my NG"

?

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
Oops I've just realised that I'm still cross-posting!

Hope that doesn't make you lot too.. ...cross?

Then again?!?!?

Who gives a monkey fcuk?

Lets combine Mansun and SFA

(I gotta be a winner, with that suggestion?;)

?

sfaok

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
Mansun compared to the SFA are SHITE. I don't care about Mansun news, or
opinions. I do care about the SFA. Your idea is about as appealing as
sticking a hot poker up my arse. Which isn't very appealing to me, now
Mansun fans......

Huw

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
All mansun fans should be shot !
That's my facist quote for the day.
Before you all go mad, I'm joking ok ? However, I do think that they should
be sat down and made to listen to Six all the way through, cos they
obviously haven't if they think it's a good lp (AOTGL is ok). If they had,
they too would realise how crap Mansun are, fucking prog rock wankers with
very annoying vocals. Ok, that's my opinion, (if pehraps a little strong
!!!! I don't hate them that badly, I've got the albums for fucks sake, even
if I don't listen to them) but I'm not enforcing it on anybody.
I would say however, that it's a failry typical opinion here on the SFA ng.
Therefore, get the hint, no more Mansun posts. Surely I'm not being a
facist dictator, but just using some simple logic, this is after all folks,
a SFA ng. It's also just a suggestion, cos I can't force you to do anything
( although I'll annoy you like mental).
So hugs and kisses
Huw (who once tried to listen to Six all the way through and had to stop,
unable to face the thought of the weeks of trauma counselling that I'd have
to go through afterwards)

sfaok wrote in message <7flgdf$aq7$1...@news2.news.iol.ie>...

--------------
"Hey Kids! Rock n' Roll is here, so scream all you like"

?

Apr 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/22/99
Phew (that sh*t really stunk!)

-And all that from an Ultrasound fan, hmmm :-/

Huw your still being a DICtator and that unpronounceable friend of yours is
not much better <No names mentioned (not incriminating mySelF OkAy or oK)
or elbows pointed> Anyhuw Huw (that's Huw) your askin for trouble with a
attack (of the grey...) post like that, and I expect the majority of true
Mansun fans (left?:) will have you on the first bus outta town... Let me
just say about my former suggestion ("combine NG's") -that any Mansun Fan
should feel free to post their hatred (of SFA) ma(i)les through my cross-
posting thread, as legally you-are sitting on a fence (in your defence:)
and SFA fans can't kick you off there land if your not standing on it...
-Does any of this make sense (or should I be in bed?) Anyhuw it's just
my (farmer) -stupid- opinion!

One thing more - Mansun fans should attack with groovy love, don't lower
yourself to the level of these dickheads, ....doh!

Bye
? or ASH... <I don't know anymore, I hate everything!?!?!?!?

Leon

Apr 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/22/99
Hey!!! I gotta Mansun quote for all some o' these.....

Huw (No. 4) Writes:

>All mansun fans should be shot !

The simplest things, the quietest
The child-like simplicity
Everything I need to hear
Positive the way I view
The simple of thought inherit the earth
(shotgun blows)
Like Winnie the Pooh, confucianist rules
(shotgun blows)
Oblivious in what I do
Deliberate the way I live

>That's my facist quote for the day.
>Before you all go mad, I'm joking ok ? However, I do think that they should
>be sat down and made to listen to Six all the way through,

Safe from progress, purgatory I know
How does this affect me? Emotionally affect me?
Will they let me go?

>cos they
>obviously haven't if they think it's a good lp (AOTGL is ok). If they had,
>they too would realise how crap Mansun are, fucking prog rock wankers with
>very annoying vocals.

Fuck you and all the things you do
By hook or crook it's through for you
At least I tried to jump in fire
And if I burn at least I tried
So please, don't say that I have failed
So please, there's glory in the way...

>Ok, that's my opinion, (if pehraps a little strong
>!!!! I don't hate them that badly, I've got the albums for fucks sake, even
>if I don't listen to them) but I'm not enforcing it on anybody.

Ummm... Pass!

>Huw (who once tried to listen to Six all the way through and had to stop,
>unable to face the thought of the weeks of trauma counselling that I'd have
>to go through afterwards)

O.k. i won`t lower myself to your level... you obviously haven`t got the brain
to comprehend what Six is all about... go listen to Spice girls Huw, you
obviously can`t appreciate Good musicians (And i thought SFA Had such an
intellectual following)

(Sorry to the rest of SFA NG, i wouldn`t have replied.. But me and huw go
deep... really deep!!!!!:)

-Leon >>29023513<<
(Just pushed Huw of the fence)

Huw

Apr 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/22/99
Leon - were you christened Whan Kerr ?
Sorry, a joke from Shooting Stars, which you couldn't appreciate cos it's
not deep enough for you.
I've decided overnight that Mansun really are a pile of crap. I did listen
to some of their musci last night to give them a fair trial, but sorry, I
just don't like them.
*Sorry if this contradicts my last post*
However, I don't understand why we should fill the newsgroup arguing over
them. If that's all you want to do then you are a bit of a twat, I honestly
had thought you were ok up to now. I'm going to try and not respond to your
messages anymore, I've got the feeling that I will, but I'm going to try and
not to, cos you're not worth it.
We disagree, let's forget it. As for me not understanding Mansuns lyrics
and the themes behind Six, what a joke.
Do you want to know some my favourite bands ? Suede, The Manics, The
Smiths, all intelligent, meaningful lyrics, all 1000 times better than
Mansun could ever dream of being (IMO), but I'm not going to bore you or
anybody else with it.
I've never claimed that SFA lyrics were deep and meaningful, but I do still
think that they're intelligent and in some songs very clever.
Stop taking yourself too fucking seriously, I was obvioudsly joking about
listening to Six all the way through. Of course I can comprehend what it's
about, I'm not going to be modest, I would consider myself intelligent, at
least enough to understand what Paul Draper is whining about. Yeah, he does
explore some pretty dark ideas and themes, but I'm not really interested
because the way he goes about it annoys me. Before you tell me I can't
apreciate good musician ship, I can. I play the guitar, hell I even got
grade 5 on the clarinet before I quit when I was 13 !(not that this makes
any difference why I as to if I can appreciate good music - I like what I
like) Chad does come up with a few cool guitar parts, but a lot of it is re
gurgitated prog rock nonsense.
SFA are way ahead musically. They're also a fun band, who put a smile on my
face, as well as a damn fine one, with great songs. I like them, do you ?
If not why are you here ?
Huw
(no amusing comment here)

?

Apr 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/22/99

Huw wrote in message <7fo3hc$9ql$1...@news4.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>Leon - were you christened Whan Kerr ?

Now that was funny, a good place to quote (me thinks;)

-and all that from an 'x' clarinet player, to boot!

Ok you made your pointless point Mr Huw cares what you think...
(Leon he's retracting like a stiffy gone limp! Your not getting
on his goat, or making him excited anymore...:) Hold on this is
all to do with Leon - I shouldn't be here?!?!? Was I right in my
assumption of Huw sexuality? Anyhuw why is everybody blanking me?
(Flo, have you got anything to do with this?) I suspect I'm just
too good for you lot... Where do I report for evaluation? Maybe
pop-rock'n'roll has had it's day and the kids are not so cool?
(Flo where else should I be looking apart from here, and commuter
love land?) If I don't get some serious groovy love - hate mail
soon, I'm going back to the Astronomy NG to watch the stars!

Yada Yoda Yada (Hi K:)
- Thats me (yeah? Leon) Poked fun at Huw, off to bed now!

?

(no amhuwsing comment here either;)

Leon

Apr 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/23/99
Huw Writes:
>Leon - were you christened Whan Kerr ?

No, but i went to college with a Wayne Kerr... i was pretty impressed by
that!!

>Sorry, a joke from Shooting Stars, which you couldn't appreciate cos it's
>not deep enough for you.

You`re looking at a big Shooting stars fan... i`ve even got the quiz book with
the club-style CD on the front!!

>I've decided overnight that Mansun really are a pile of crap. I did listen
>to some of their musci last night to give them a fair trial, but sorry, I
>just don't like them.
>*Sorry if this contradicts my last post*

Fair enough..!

>However, I don't understand why we should fill the newsgroup arguing over
>them. If that's all you want to do then you are a bit of a twat, I honestly
>had thought you were ok up to now.

I am... you keep bringing it up!!!! (Grrrrrrr..)

>I'm going to try and not respond to your
>messages anymore, I've got the feeling that I will, but I'm going to try and
>not to, cos you're not worth it.

Hey!!

>We disagree, let's forget it. As for me not understanding Mansuns lyrics
>and the themes behind Six, what a joke.

OK!!

> Do you want to know some my favourite bands ? Suede, The Manics, The
>Smiths, all intelligent, meaningful lyrics, all 1000 times better than
>Mansun could ever dream of being (IMO), but I'm not going to bore you or
>anybody else with it.

You cannot say they`re 1000 times better, as they all go down different
Musical Avenues...!!

>I've never claimed that SFA lyrics were deep and meaningful, but I do still
>think that they're intelligent and in some songs very clever.
>Stop taking yourself too fucking seriously, I was obvioudsly joking about
>listening to Six all the way through. Of course I can comprehend what it's
>about, I'm not going to be modest, I would consider myself intelligent, at
>least enough to understand what Paul Draper is whining about.

You`re starting to piss me off now... but i`m being nice :o)

> Yeah, he does
>explore some pretty dark ideas and themes, but I'm not really interested
>because the way he goes about it annoys me. Before you tell me I can't
>apreciate good musician ship, I can. I play the guitar, hell I even got
>grade 5 on the clarinet before I quit when I was 13 !(not that this makes
>any difference why I as to if I can appreciate good music - I like what I
>like) Chad does come up with a few cool guitar parts, but a lot of it is re
>gurgitated prog rock nonsense.

Shut up you dick!!!!

>SFA are way ahead musically.

Er... depends in what respect?!?

>They're also a fun band, who put a smile on my
> face, as well as a damn fine one, with great songs. I like them, do you ?

That is exactly why i like them too... they`re fun!!

(Esp. Guacomole-aahhh!!)

>If not why are you here ?

Cos you`re pulling me Huw... let go for fcukkks sake!!

Before i go Huw... I really DO Like SFA!! OK??

Hope this is the last off-topic... yer?

-Leon >>29023513<<

'Super Furry Vandals!

Tom

Apr 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/23/99
in part, you're both right - AOTGL was really good, but most of 6 is
complete shite - for me, the first 3 and last 3 songs are the only good
ones, and the way that they play legacy live has made me hate the song. oh
yeah, but sfa are better. even though i share my name with paul draper
(ish), i have to say that sfa are better. ok?

thomas paul draper
np:

?

Apr 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/23/99

Tom wrote in message ...

>in part, you're both right - AOTGL was really good, but most of 6 is
>complete shite - for me, the first 3 and last 3 songs are the only good
>ones, and the way that they play legacy live has made me hate the song. oh
>yeah, but sfa are better. even though i share my name with paul draper
>(ish), i have to say that sfa are better. ok?

Blah blah blah (? skimms through the post)

"i have to say..."

Not "ok?"

Huw told huw to say that then?

?

Leon

Apr 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/24/99
Tom Writes:
>in part, you're both right - AOTGL was really good, but most of 6 is
>complete shite - for me, the first 3 and last 3 songs are the only good
>ones, and the way that they play legacy live has made me hate the song. oh
>yeah, but sfa are better. even though i share my name with paul draper
>(ish), i have to say that sfa are better. ok?

Will you let me go???

I`m trying not to post off-topic to SFA....

...please, let`s just stop it now... yer??

I`m holding in anger... an' i might just B-U-R-S-T-!!!!

-Leon >>29023513<<

Flo

Apr 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/24/99
Generally I try to stay away from that kind of thread but I find this highly
amHUWsing.

Why can't we all live in peace on the SFA ng?! :*( (instant of emotion!) On
one hand maybe there wouldn't be much going on here without "Leon and the
Mansunites" (I hope you don't include me in these Huw, I think Mansun are
crap- no hate mails please!), so it isn't really nice of people to tell them
to fuck off...

Huw, I think you're great in your contradictions!
Really, everyone! Don't you agree with me?! He's the first one to tell people
to fuck off, and then he's the first one to reply to their posts and keep off-
topic threads going :)
Isn't this cool?!

And on the other hand, I'm not simply defending Leon, ASH, Samir, Tom, (and
myself?!) etc... You people who don't like them, I like you too, and you
should know!

Everyone will hate me after this I suppose...
It always plays me bad tricks to be friends (or try to) with people on two
enemy sides...
Please be kind with me :)

Flo

Oops, that's another post to the Mansun NG...
Who's counting the points?!

Lawrence Rigby

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
Hey

>Mansun compared to the SFA are SHITE.

<choke Choke, Aggg. Reaches for glass of water> *ahem* hmmm, I tihnk not my
friend! I respect your tastes and everything, but I think that isn't the
case. OK, here's my scenario. First got a handful of SFA Live MP3s which
were admitedly pretty cool. Got hold of Radiator and OH DEAR! I think about
the only song I actually liked was the Pacid Casual and a couple of the
others. The others I thought were a bit naff.

>I don't care about Mansun news, or
>opinions. I do care about the SFA. Your idea is about as appealing as
>sticking a hot poker up my arse. Which isn't very appealing to me, now
>Mansun fans......

If you don';t care about the band begninng with 'm' then why are you here???
(Confused :-/ ) Opps. just seen that it was a damn cross Post. Doh!

Bye

Laz

Leon

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Lawrence Rigby Writes:
><choke Choke, Aggg. Reaches for glass of water> *ahem* hmmm, I tihnk not my
>friend! I respect your tastes and everything, but I think that isn't the
>case. OK, here's my scenario. First got a handful of SFA Live MP3s which
>were admitedly pretty cool. Got hold of Radiator and OH DEAR! I think about
>the only song I actually liked was the Pacid Casual and a couple of the
>others. The others I thought were a bit naff.

Yup, i remember Laz asking me whether i thought they were ok and i told him
to go check them out..

Sorry Laz, Out-Spaced has got at least 3 good tracks on it!! ;o)

I too was disappointed with Radiator.. But it does grow on ya!

Bu jryy, jung v`z onfvpnyyl gelvat gb fnl vf gung uhj vf n shpxvat vqvbg jub
boivbhfyl unfa`g tbg n pyhr nobhg zhfvp... gura ntnva, ur cebonoyl bayl tbg
vagb FSN guvaxvat gung vg jnf n onaq jub rawblrq funttvat yvggyr FSN yvxr
uvzfrys... bu jryy!!!

-Leon >>29023513<<

Tom

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
i apologise for former outburst - i reckon mansun and sfa are on a level
plain (and thats a fucking high one) once you start to rate 2 good bands
against each other it quickly becomes pointless. after all, isn't it just a
matter of personal taste/preference? And lawrence, listen to radiator more
times - its a grower. to say that placid casual outranks the rest seems a
bit odd. first time i heard it i wasn't exactly enthralled, but now after
about 300 listens, i love it.

tom draper
np: Pick A Part That's New (Acoustic)

Lawrence Rigby wrote in message <7g2doi$c6g$4...@news4.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>Hey
>
>>Mansun compared to the SFA are SHITE.
>

><choke Choke, Aggg. Reaches for glass of water> *ahem* hmmm, I tihnk not my
>friend! I respect your tastes and everything, but I think that isn't the
>case. OK, here's my scenario. First got a handful of SFA Live MP3s which
>were admitedly pretty cool. Got hold of Radiator and OH DEAR! I think about
>the only song I actually liked was the Pacid Casual and a couple of the
>others. The others I thought were a bit naff.

Lawrence Rigby

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Hey

>Yup, i remember Laz asking me whether i thought they were ok and i told him
>to go check them out..

Hey, it doesn;t matter,m I mean I will try to listen to anoything new and If
I don't like it then thats fine, but does broaden your knowledge a bit more
:)

>Sorry Laz, Out-Spaced has got at least 3 good tracks on it!! ;o)

:)

>I too was disappointed with Radiator.. But it does grow on ya!

Oh well, shame all the good songs I heard fomr the live gig were all on the
same Album :)Bye

Laz

Cheese-Sauce

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
"If you see my (gay?) dad, tell him my brothers, all gone mad,
-they're beating on each other..." <JA>

Brother Tom has shown us the way "i apologise" -It may not sound much but
it's all the Mansun brethren wish to hear! Now you SFA fans can stand tall,
no need to drag those knuckles along the ground like the cross-carrying
back-stabbers you are... Take heed of a dude (Tommy boy) done good! We (your
superiors) are not looking for a full "300" word retraction; simply open an
account (thread) on the Mansun NG ("SFA say sorry") and let your heart pour
Groovy love! I suggest you take it in turns (no pushing) to post in said
thread, confessing your sins, and asking (begin) for forgiveness - in
whatever grovelling manner you see fit (girls may go down...)

X++++++++++++++++++++++X
(B)less (Y)ou, (E)verone
+++++ Cheese-Sauce +++++
X+++++-++++++-+++++++++X

(G.O.D -I know your out there!:)

Huw

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
>Brother Tom has shown us the way "i apologise" -It may not sound much but
>it's all the Mansun brethren wish to hear!
Umm, how about no ?
Shit, wasn't supposed to reply to any more fucking Mansun threads.
Guess what my mum cut out of the paper ? A fucking article on Mansun. I
hate living in Chester sometimes.
Huw

?

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

Huw wrote in message <7g5ap8$hqe$1...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>>Brother Tom has shown us the way "i apologise" -It may not sound much but
>>it's all the Mansun brethren wish to hear!
>Umm, how about no ?
>Shit, wasn't supposed to reply to any more fucking Mansun threads.
>Guess what my mum cut out of the paper ? A fucking article on Mansun. I
>hate living in Chester sometimes.
>Huw

Mummy's boy?

- *Image* of Huw - head resting in his mums -soft- breasts, with his thumb
in his mouth,
hair being softly stroked, rocking side to side, humming lullabies and ..and
..and his dick beinging fondled (by Leon) ...Aaahhh how the mind works:)

?

Leon

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Nice one Tom...

Spoken like a true Draper!!!

-Leon >>29023513<<

Tom

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
thanx dude. mansun rock. and although samir will undoubtably kill me for
saying it, my middle name REALLY is paul. just ask my mum. actually don't.

tom (paul) draper
np: Stripper Vicar (Live @ The Astoria 22/1/99 courtesy of the brain farm)

Huw

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
>Guess what my mum cut out of the paper ? A fucking article on Mansun. I
>hate living in Chester sometimes.

She cut it out cos she thinks I really like them (just cos I went to a
signing session and free gig with my mates) and she gives the paper away so
she thought she'd be kind.
D'OH I am a mummy's boy. But I don't care, cos I'm going to see SFA
tomorrow night. WOOHOO !
Huw
--------
"Don't take your life cos your bicycle won't fly"

Samir

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
The Ugly Hairy Mofo Tom wrote :

thanx dude. mansun rock. and although samir will undoubtably kill me
for
saying it, my middle name REALLY is paul. just ask my mum. actually
don't.

leave me outta this, mofo.

tom (paul) draper
np: Stripper Vicar (Live @ The Astoria 22/1/99 courtesy of the brain
farm)

good site, this brain farm?
Samir
"understand, this is a dream"

Colin Davidson

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
hmmmm, your going to see them in Manchester.......
I'll be waiting outside from about 2:30 with people and when the doors open
I'll be fucking off. It's not that I don't like SFA, in fact I've only got
the albums on VERY bad quality cassette recordings, but I can't afford
it.... arse. Ice hockey hair EP is damned good thou.......
people in Mansun newsgroup who know (and love?) me, this is an opinion, do
not castrate me for this.... :¬)

bye bye

--
Colin Davidson (UK)
"you're the pilot of my impossible dream"

Huw <ll...@roberts829.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

?

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

Colin Davidson wrote in message

>hmmmm, your going to see them in Manchester.......
>I'll be waiting outside from about 2:30 with people and when the doors open
>I'll be fucking off. It's not that I don't like SFA, in fact I've only got
>the albums on VERY bad quality cassette recordings, but I can't afford
>it.... arse. Ice hockey hair EP is damned good thou.......
>people in Mansun newsgroup who know (and love?) me, this is an opinion, do
>not castrate me for this.... :¬)

Too late, consider a CATstration in effect boyee!

?

Leon

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
Colin Davidson Writes:

>hmmmm, your going to see them in Manchester.......
>I'll be waiting outside from about 2:30 with people and when the doors open

>I'll....

Ok, Ok, Who else thought that Colin was gonna issue out a death (Def) threat
there hey??

(I did!!)

Ice hockey hair EP is damned good thou.......
>people in Mansun newsgroup who know (and love?) me, this is an opinion, do
>not castrate me for this.... :¬)

Hey!! Col', i`m behind ya... i think the problem here is that us Mansunites are
giving the luurve to the SFA, but they ain`t feeling it... they be mistaking it
for Gay (Dad) talk... Hi huw!!

As for castration... who`s gonna want to chop your ball off?? Hey

*lol*

..Huh?? Two balls??? Is that normal then??? (Worry)

Yer, but, 1 BIG Ball is as good as 2x lil ones isn`t it??

-Leon >>29023513<<

Tom

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
stop calling me a fucking mofo you gimp

tom draper
np:Six (Live)

Colin Davidson

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
can I just add.. I found £10 and I went to the gig... it wasn't sold out....
and it was bloody good.
Alothou it's NOT as good as the mansun gigs I've been to.. it was probably
more violent and there were more wankers...
Overall it was good althou the new songs seemed like cheesy bollocks....

--
Colin Davidson (UK)
"you're the pilot of my impossible dream"
ICQ#: 12385822
http://come.to/crappy-site

Leon <le...@isotron.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

?

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99

Tom wrote in message ...
>he is right you know - from my experience the sfa crowds are much more
>wankerish than mansun crowds. too many fucking townies. at mansun the
>people are just weird (in a funny way)

Mansun fans (especially Re:SIX gigs) are more reserved, able to appreciate
the music for what it is rather than a drunken mob, jumpin around like a
bunch of terry.knabs

?

.

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Thomas Draper Writes:
>>he is right you know - from my experience the sfa crowds are much more
>>wankerish than mansun crowds. too many fucking townies. at mansun the
>>people are just weird (in a funny way)

Hang on.. WTF has that gotta do with whos good/who`s not good musically?
..It all depends on where you see said bands don`t it?? i mean Brixton`s gonna
be a lot more rowdy than Chester isn`t it?

>Mansun fans (especially Re:SIX gigs) are more reserved, able to appreciate
>the music for what it is rather than a drunken mob, jumpin around like a
>bunch of terry.knabs

*Lol*

Nice quote ?!!

Mansun are the best band i have EVER seen live... and anyone who can go to a
Mansun gig and say they`re shit obviously don`t know what the fcukkk
they`re on about!

Uhj`f tbg n cravf gur fvmr bs na nagf xarr!

uurgghh.. i`m feeling all ROTten-13!?!?

Qba`g or n sbby Ovyyl (Uhj)...!

C yaz!

-Leon >>29023513<<

Chris Phillips

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>anyone who can go to a Mansun gig and say they`re shit obviously
don`t >know what the fcukkk they`re on about!

Well I've seen them twice and both times their delivery was appalling.
They don't know what the hell timing is and the amount of bum notes
you need 4 hands to count them on. I can honestly say Mansun are the
worst band I've seen live and that is taking into account that I've
seen Stereophonics live.

.

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Chris Phillips Writes:
>Well I've seen them twice and both times their delivery was appalling.
>They don't know what the hell timing is

Rocknroll Chris... you gotta give it to 'em raw!!!

Besides, the timing is spot on you spack!!! You obviously are too used to
square song structures Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, end Etc. I really do
believe that alot of people who say shit like this about Mansun are a bit slow
in understanding the complexity of it, so because they can`t understand it,
they`ll label it as 'shit' ..Well forget you *Fcuk you*!!!

> and the amount of bum notes
>you need 4 hands to count them on.

Did you ever see footage from the NME premiere shows?? TIEC, i`d like to
see you play that Double, Double time you snide lil bastard!!

>I can honestly say Mansun are the
>worst band I've seen live and that is taking into account that I've
>seen Stereophonics live.

I beleive that you are honestly lying trying to create ammo to throw at the
Mansun NG, now could you please get back in your Super Furry Pen?? And talk
your nonsense there where i can`t see you? ..Because your starting to piss me
off!!

-Leon >>29023513<<

#hmmm.. do i detect a wannabe Alan (Marilyn) Hanson??

1. >their delivery was appalling
2. >They don't know what the hell timing is
3. >you need 4 hands to count them on

...you really are Chris... congrats!!!

Flo

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99

Chris Phillips <ch...@sleepflower.demon.co.uk> a écrit dans le message :
925825747.11023.0...@news.demon.co.uk...

> Well I've seen them twice and both times their delivery was appalling.
> They don't know what the hell timing is and the amount of bum notes
> you need 4 hands to count them on. I can honestly say Mansun are the

> worst band I've seen live and that is taking into account that I've
> seen Stereophonics live.

Please tell me you didn't pay to go and see them!
I've had the occasion to see them twice (Reading'98 and a free gig in Paris)
but didn't dare go, and I have no regret!

Flo

Chris Phillips

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99

Flo <photo...@excite.com> wrote in message

No i would never pay to see Mansun

cant b@thecorrectemailaddy.co.uk ?

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Chris Phillips wrote in message
<925844198.13072.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>No i would never pay to see Mansun

She was talking about the Phonics, don't you understand anything?

(That was a joke, in case you didn't realise:)

?

Chris Phillips

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99

? <this cant b@ the correct email addy.co.uk> wrote in message
>Yeah I realise dand in any case i've never payed to see either
because they are both piss poor. Not complex just piss poor.

cant b@thecorrectemailaddy.co.uk ?

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99

Chris Phillips wrote in message
<925850508.7081.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>> She was talking about the Phonics, don't you understand anything?
>>
>> (That was a joke, in case you didn't realise:)
>>

>>Yeah I realise dand in any case i've never payed to see either
>because they are both piss poor. Not complex just piss poor.

*Gasp* *Shock* *Horror*

RETRACT that about the Phonics :)

?

Flo

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
In article <7gnmk9$3q6$1...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>,

ASH, I'm worrying about your mental health these days...

Flo

PS: Chris, was it you who started that "Stereophonics article" thread on
a.m.m? I hope this one never gets as long!

Huw

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>Hang on.. WTF has that gotta do with whos good/who`s not good musically?
>..It all depends on where you see said bands don`t it?? i mean Brixton`s
gonna
>be a lot more rowdy than Chester isn`t it?

Look. I saw Mansun at a fan club get together thingy, just them and their
amps - good show. I then saw them live at Chester Northgate Arena - and
I'll give you an honest opinion - they were OK. Northgate is a completely
shit venue, and the sound was poor. Mansun turned in an alright
perfromance - as if they wanted it to be a good gig, and did indeed put
everything into it, but it just didn't work. They didn't gel. Also, the
vocals were really whiny.
This was the general opinion from everyone I spoke to, including some big
fans (before you make an awful joke, no they weren't fat).
I've seen the SFA twice as well and at Llangollen last year, it has to be
the second best show I've ever seen, topped only by the Manics. That's my
opinion and that's all it is.
Huw

Chris Phillips

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
> PS: Chris, was it you who started that "Stereophonics article"
thread on
> a.m.m? I hope this one never gets as long!

I commented in it but didn't start it anyway I'm not subscribed to
a.m.m

Lawrence Rigby

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Hey

>Well I've seen them twice and both times their delivery was appalling.
>They don't know what the hell timing is and the amount of bum notes
>you need 4 hands to count them on. I can honestly say Mansun are the
>worst band I've seen live and that is taking into account that I've
>seen Stereophonics live.

Hum. Poor Delivery? Well, I thought that their Set list and order was top,
started with a cracker of NEagtive, goes on to older tracks etc and all of
the Mansun Anthems etc etc and then finishes with the Rocking Take it Easy
Chicken. Sorry, but I only noticed one or two wrong notes but then who gives
a shit really?

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THIS BITCHING?

Bye

Laz

.

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Huw, now you`re starting to scare me!!

I`m starting to feel as if though my love for the band has blinded me into
seeing/hearing what i want to hear/see, not what i am actually seeing/hearing,
i`m 100% sure that each time i`ve seen them i have been absolutely
speechless, and the people around where too...

I`m yet to see SFA (Missed 'em twice due to Flu) but i`m gonna get my flu-
vac ready for the next gig they do round here!!

As for Mansun not Gelling?? i can`t understand that either?? ...Please
someone from the Mansun group tell me i`m not dreaming, it`s as if you`re all
standing back nodding your heads thinking 'hmmm.. He is right!!'

I`m a wounded fan.... :o(

-Leon >>29023513<<

*SUpErStaR***

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
no, now i have to disagree with you there. i have seen mansun twice, as well
as going to another 20 major gigs over the last years. and mansun are
definitely not the worst band i've ever seen, although i'm not saying that
the other bands have all been worse. and hey i'm not even a mansun
newsgroupie.
mansun are pretty good live, and you must have to agree with this- otherwise
you wouldn't have gone to see them again for the second time would you?
obviously you thought that they were good at the time otherwise why the hell
pay the money to see them again?

--
[sarah**]

cant b@thecorrectemailaddy.co.uk ?

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Flo wrote...

>ASH, I'm worrying about your mental health these days...
>

>Flo

Your not the first ;)
You care, how sweet :)
Not on the NG's gal! :(

When I talk about GayXchange adverts putting me off my dinner, I'd
rather you didn't make it public... (It was you I was talking to, no?)

>PS: Chris, was it you who started that "Stereophonics article" thread on
>a.m.m? I hope this one never gets as long!

? to Chris < Are you getting me confused with someone else?
? to Flo < Did we discuss the downfall of society?
Flo to Chris < "was it you who started that..."

Yerp, its all getting a bit psychedelic, I suggest we start
cross posting over multiple rock band NG's just to see
the effect!

?

cant b@thecorrectemailaddy.co.uk ?

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99

Chris Phillips wrote in message
<925862733.12737.1...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>> PS: Chris, was it you who started that "Stereophonics article"
>thread on
>> a.m.m? I hope this one never gets as long!
>
>I commented in it but didn't start it anyway I'm not subscribed to
>a.m.m

This has got nothing to do with the above message!

I'f you know what I know, you'll know that this *isn't* a
crosspost and I am calling you a stupid fcukwit behind your
back...

?

Flo

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99

? <this cant b@ the correct email addy.co.uk> a écrit dans le message :
7gq289$h6j$2...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

> Flo wrote...
> >
> >ASH, I'm worrying about your mental health these days...
> >

> >Flo
>

> Your not the first ;)

I didn't expect to be the first ;)

> You care, how sweet :)
> Not on the NG's gal! :(
>
> When I talk about GayXchange adverts putting me off my dinner, I'd
> rather you didn't make it public... (It was you I was talking to, no?)

Have I mentioned anything like this?
No, you weren't talking to me about it!

> >PS: Chris, was it you who started that "Stereophonics article" thread on
> >a.m.m? I hope this one never gets as long!
>

> ? to Chris < Are you getting me confused with someone else?
> ? to Flo < Did we discuss the downfall of society?

Not yet. Have you been thnking alot about it lately?
Is this the reason why you've neglected me?

> Flo to Chris < "was it you who started that..."
>
> Yerp, its all getting a bit psychedelic, I suggest we start
> cross posting over multiple rock band NG's just to see
> the effect!
>
> ?

which NGs do you suggest?
Could we also post to rec.fr.sports.football?
PSG 2- OM 1
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry about that, 1st time in 10 yrs, it means something!)

Flo

cant b@thecorrectemailaddy.co.uk ?

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
désespéré? Flo a choisi d'écrire?

>> Your not my first ;)
>
>I didn't expect to be your first ;)

Yeah yeah, we both know where this ends up - *h* ;)

>Have I mentioned anything like this?
>No, you weren't talking to me about it!

Oh Buddha!

Must have been the Ozzy bird or Julie, sozzy!
(come to think of it, they've been askin dome strange
questions too!:)

11) Thou shall not use Freeserve & Softnet simultaneously! ;)

>Not yet. Have you been thnking alot about it lately?
>Is this the reason why you've neglected me?

Too Off-T!
Anyhoo-
I've not been neglecting you, have I?
I posted yesterday, didn't I?
At least I waited two days, wasn't it?

>which NGs do you suggest?

Again!

alt.womens.problems
alt.Flo.suffers.from.amnesia.too ;)
alt.music<huh.don't.make.me.laugh.superfurries :)

>Could we also post to rec.fr.sports.football?
>PSG 2- OM 1

Leon says they "stink of Garlic" I'll say yay, if they play it cool...

Footy OT! -
"Old firm" game, My mate was almost killed in my corner!
I hate football.animals! A bunch of stabbing went on here
after the last big game (Sunday). I was talking to a workmate
about the violence and his sis. is a ER surgeon who delt with
some stabbed fans, apparently (even though they were bleeding to
death and their guts were spilling, ...anyone for a McDonalds:)
they insisted that the surgeons didn't cut there T-shirts off
there body. I reckon these same folkers would have second
thoughts about using there shirts to smother a burning baby...

Sozzy about the little rant! ;)

>YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
>(sorry about that, 1st time in 10 yrs, it means something!)

You've not had it in "10 yrs" < this explains things! ;)

?

Chris Phillips

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99

*SUpErStaR*** <gras...@freeuk.com> wrote in message

> no, now i have to disagree with you there. i have seen mansun twice,
as well
> as going to another 20 major gigs over the last years. and mansun
are
> definitely not the worst band i've ever seen, although i'm not
saying that
> the other bands have all been worse. and hey i'm not even a mansun
> newsgroupie.
> mansun are pretty good live, and you must have to agree with this-
otherwise
> you wouldn't have gone to see them again for the second time would
you?
> obviously you thought that they were good at the time otherwise why
the hell
> pay the money to see them again?

well I've never paid to see them. I actually get paid to see them.
Destroys your argument doesn't it!

cant b@thecorrectemailaddy.co.uk ?

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99

. wrote in message ...

>Huw, now you`re starting to scare me!!
>
>I`m starting to feel as if though my love for the band has blinded me into
>seeing/hearing what i want to hear/see, not what i am actually
seeing/hearing,
>i`m 100% sure that each time i`ve seen them i have been absolutely
>speechless, and the people around where too...
>
>I`m yet to see SFA (Missed 'em twice due to Flu) but i`m gonna get my flu-
>vac ready for the next gig they do round here!!

That is "Flu" and not "Flo" I presume, is this where the similarities end?;)

>As for Mansun not Gelling?? i can`t understand that either?? ...Please

>someone from the Mansun group tell me i`m not dreaming, it`s as if you`re
all

>standing back nodding your heads thinking 'hmmm.. He is right!!'
>
>I`m a wounded fan.... :o(

Here I am (as usual)

I've come (yumf) to lick (you out?) your wounds... (Nuff of the innueNdO?)

Don't be deterred from what you believe Leon (No I'm not gonna take on a
Cheese-Sauce guise again ;) Leon, Mansun move me too (remember the walking
through the woods with the leaves falling, rant?) Ok nuff of this too,
people (and animals:) are going to get the wrong idea...

?

*SUpErStaR***

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
> well I've never paid to see them. I actually get paid to see them.
> Destroys your argument doesn't it!

err...yeah.
bugger.

[well how the hell was i meant to know that??!;) ]