Billboard Apr 4, 1964

Shorty Blackwell

Apr 4, 2003, 1:02:01 PM4/4/03
"Billboard Charts
Issue for week ending April 4, 1964
Hot 100 Singles
1 - Can't Buy Me Love (Capitol 5150)
2 - Twist and Shout (Tollie 9001)
3 - She Loves You (Swan 4152)
4 - I Want To Hold Your Hand (Capitol 5112)
5 - Please Please Me (Vee Jay 498)
31 - I Saw Her Standing There (Capitol 5112b)
41 - From Me To You (Vee Jay 522)
46 - Do You Want to Know A Secret (Vee Jay 587)
58 - All My Loving (Capitol Canada 72144)
65 - You Can't Do That (Capitol 5150b)
68 - Roll Over Beethoven (Capitol Canada 72133)
79 - Thank You Girl (Vee Jay 587b)
Top LPs chart
1 - Meet The Beatles (Capitol 2047)
2 - Introducing The Beatles (Vee Jay 1062)
NEVER BEFORE OR SINCE!"

Yet! Yet! Keep the faith! ;)

http://pub62.ezboard.com/bpepperland6611

Stephen Bruun

Apr 5, 2003, 1:23:50 AM4/5/03
Shorty Blackwell <passionf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Billboard Charts
> Issue for week ending April 4, 1964
> Hot 100 Singles
> 1 - Can't Buy Me Love (Capitol 5150)
> 2 - Twist and Shout (Tollie 9001)
> 3 - She Loves You (Swan 4152)
> 4 - I Want To Hold Your Hand (Capitol 5112)
> 5 - Please Please Me (Vee Jay 498)

> NEVER BEFORE OR SINCE!"

> Yet! Yet! Keep the faith! ;)

It's extremely unlikely ever to happen again. The Beatles had singles out
on four different labels in April 1964, as the catalog numbers show. The
very success of the Beatles changed, and probably destroyed, the
circumstances which allowed them to monopolize the top five back then.
Contracts are different in the post-Beatle era, and the Beatles' work in
making the album into a self-contained art form (rather than a bunch of
songs to pad out the two hit singles) contributed to the gradual decline of
the single.

Impossible for someone else to repeat the achievement? No, not impossible.
But lots of things that are possible never happen. I don't think anyone
else will ever capture the entire top five like the Beatles did.

--
To reply, remove YOUR OWN EYES

Tom McCafferty

Apr 10, 2003, 1:22:28 AM4/10/03