TinyTalk 1.0 is now available for anonymous FTP

Anton Rang

Jan 28, 1990, 4:18:26 PM1/28/90
TinyTalk 1.0:
-------------

Version 1.0 of TinyTalk, the client program I've written, is now
available. It appears to work reliably on all BSD 4.2- and
4.3-derived systems which I've tested it on (and which my beta testers
have used). Barring major problems being discovered, a new version
will not be released for some time.

To get a copy of TinyTalk, anonymous FTP to derby.cs.wisc.edu (IP
address 128.105.2.162), and look in the ~ftp/pub directory. TinyTalk
is distributed as a shar archive, in either compressed or uncompressed
form--take your pick.

A summary of TinyTalk's features, extracted from the documentation,
follows.

If you have bugs to report, questions, comments, or suggestions for
the next version, let me know at "ra...@cs.wisc.edu".

TinyTalk is in the public domain.

-- Anton Rang (aka Tarrant in TinyMUD).

--------------------

TinyTalk is an interface to the TinyMUD system. It replaces telnet,
and adds many new features. New features include:

* TinyTalk can wrap words at the end of a line.

* TinyTalk can automatically log into your characters.

* TinyTalk can record a TinyMUD session to a file.

* TinyTalk keeps your typing and TinyMUD output from being
intermingled.

* TinyTalk allows input lines to be up to 512 characters long.
This allows long descriptions to be entered.

* TinyTalk supports simple macros.

* TinyTalk supports "portals", special exits which connect between
the various TinyMUD systems.

| Anton Rang (grad student) | ra...@cs.wisc.edu | UW--Madison |