NEW! Graphical MUD!

Andrew Gower

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
Hi all!
I'm currently halfway through writing my own mud :-) In a desperate attempt
to make it stand out from the crowd, I've opted to make it a real-time mud
complete with graphics, and a point and click interface.

I've never written anything quite like this before, so I'm not sure what
problems I might face. I know its not exactly the same as running a text
based mud, but presumably some of the problems I might face will be the
same. Any advice, ideas or general feedback would be very much appreciated!

I've already spent a *lot* of time on this project! I've had to write my own
engine entirely from scratch. When it goes online all you'll have to do to
play is go to my webpage, the java program which handles all the graphics
will load, and automatically connect to the server. I'm amazed how well
things are going, because to start with I never thought this idea would
work, but its now working very well. The network code is very optimised and
only requires a bandwidth of about 0.3k /sec to play smoothly!

It should go online in about a month (hopefully!), and I might start taking
on beta testers slightly before that. For more details and screenshots visit
this webpage: http://sleepy.fitz.cam.ac.uk/mud/

Thanks
Andrew Gower

derpy...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2012, 11:45:31 AM8/3/12
beast

Kai

Aug 26, 2012, 3:29:26 PM8/26/12
If only you would release it for those interested in its history. :)

aaronor...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2012, 2:12:54 PM12/8/12
We miss you, Andrew Gower. You actually cared about the game.

black...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2013, 8:58:48 PM6/22/13
Release another client because I would love to figure out more of the histoy of runescape

tricky...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2015, 9:06:14 PM6/7/15

hanafi...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2017, 3:31:56 PM6/16/17
Good stuff here:)
Message has been deleted

smals...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2018, 4:49:28 AM1/21/18
And this is how god was created.

roe...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2018, 4:54:58 AM1/21/18
History...it's beautiful.

boothed...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2018, 2:42:07 AM2/28/18
you should give DeviousMud to the public! I love all of your games and I feel like that was the start of something special. I would really like to explore the scape if not for any other reason to see where RS began. You are my hero sir!

Sep 22, 2020, 12:51:42 AM9/22/20
https://youtu.be/-m4ACTTg9Uo

🦀 JAGEX IS POWERLESS AGAINST INTERNET ARCHAEOLOGY 🦀

RS GAMER

Sep 22, 2020, 12:58:19 AM9/22/20
Message has been deleted