New Chaney Box set from TCM...?

scou...@nospamprovide.net

Oct 4, 2005, 2:18:46 PM10/4/05
A post on the Classic horror film board is
claiming that a new Chaney box set is due from TCM

" a new Chaney boxed set is coming out from Turner Classics
featuring: He Who Gets Slapped, Tell it to the Marines, both versions
of The Unholy Three and West of Zanzibar...."

http://p075.ezboard.com/fmonsterkidclassichorrorforumfrm40.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Has anyone any info on this...?

S.

Louie

Oct 4, 2005, 3:49:28 PM10/4/05
No way can this be true. The gods are NOT that kind to us.

Louie

J. Theakston

Oct 4, 2005, 4:10:07 PM10/4/05
scou...@nospamprovide.net wrote:
> A post on the Classic horror film board is
> claiming that a new Chaney box set is due from TCM
>

> " a new Chaney boxed set is coming out from Turner Classics
> featuring: He Who Gets Slapped, Tell it to the Marines, both versions
> of The Unholy Three and West of Zanzibar...."

WB hasn't made any formal announcement yet. I suppose the best we can
do is sit back and wait if it is indeed true.

J. Theakston

Stott

Oct 4, 2005, 6:34:21 PM10/4/05
scou...@nospamprovide.net wrote:

I'd like to see a disc with both West of Zanzibar AND its talkie version
KONGO, with Walter Huston. It doesn't really stand up to direct
comparison with the Chaney film, but on its own merits its a pretty fine
picture- Huston especially.

Stott

Lonnie N

Oct 4, 2005, 7:07:41 PM10/4/05
Wow - that is GREAT news! TCM is showing both versions of "The Unholy
Three" in late October, but to have them on DVD will be great.

I corresponded with Michael Blake via email earlier this summer (he is the
author of those neat Chaney books) and he said at that time he though
"Unholy" might be coming out on DVD soon.

YAY!!!!!