Can the Magnetic Mattress Pad cause dizziness?

FieselDE

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
I have been sleeping on the magnetic mattress pad and it has done wonders for
my pain - it numbs it. It is still there as one night did not sleep on it and
had terrible pain. I started sleeping on it in January and have had alot of
dizziness since then. I had a CAT scan and ENT and all they found out was that
I was dizzy. I was taking Klonopin at that time to sleep and was dizzy since
last fall but it has been intensified since then. I am now sleeping with my
head off the pad and know I should get off it but don't want to deal with the
pain. I am off Klonopin for 10 days and still have the ringing in my ears and
wake up in a deep sleep which I cannot get out of all day long. I know the
Klonopin could still be in my system. I only take 1/2 of a 2.5 mg tablet of
Melatonin to sleep and will try 1/4 tonight. I went for a Cranial Sacral
treatment on Friday and it really cleared my head and helped some with the
dizziness and brain fog. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks for your replies.

WVCooks

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
I don't know if your magnetic mattress can cause dizziness or not. I DO know
that dizziness is one of my worst FM symptoms. My doctor has prescribed
antivert for the dizziness, but it only helps a little. Some days its much
worse than others. Please be careful because my dizziness has been the cause of
several bad falls for me.
Best of luck!

ShadyNapa

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
I would be glad to discuss the mattress pad and dizziness with you, but I must
admit my experience is with only one particular mattress pad. there are others
on the market which are made entirely differently.........in design of the pad,
in design of the magnets themselves, and in the way they work.
What I can say I know about my type of mattress pad is:
I have not known of anyone who experienced dizziness due to using the mattress
pad. (In fact, my very own dizziness disappeared with the addition of a
magnetic sleep mask).
On my own pad, the top portion where the head goes does not have magnets (one
needs the pillow for the head portion), so your head on or off the pad might
not make a difference-depending on which one you are using.
I would highly recommend you drink at least 8 glasses of water while using
magnets. They seem to stir the sytem up, and you might take a long time (as do
most fibromites) to dump toxins from your system.
If I can help in any other way, feel free to ask.

Jacque in Fl

Deirdre MacKenzie

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99

Dear FieselDE:

In me you have one who's taken almost no conventional meds at all during
many years of illness. The symptoms you describe are typical of
whatever this DD is. Ears ringing? Mine have been ringing since
*1993*. Yes. I ignore it or listen to something else. It never goes
away except briefly and for no reason I have been able to fathom.
Dizziness? This is too general a term for us, I feel - it takes too many
forms. Sleeping on your feet all day? Yes.

From your description you must have been growing more ill since I think
you mentioned November. Obviously the mattress won't cure this
disease. I don't know why you'd want to get your head off it - it seems
to work quite well from what you're saying.

Can you elevate your whole upper body by raising the top half of your
mattress?

With these symptoms I think you have a couple of ways to go, both good
and both important: 1) improve your diet and digestion with
supplements; and 2) really get to work on adjusting your medications. I
personally would not blame these symptoms on your meds.

Apart from all that, I feel you're light years ahead of other people in
being able to get painfree sleep at night.

Lots of luck to you.

Deirdre

M.A. Pickering

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
Since I began taking Klonopin again the ringing is in my ears
again..Dizzy I am not fortunately..unless if we are talking
brain..LOL..looks like you are doing all you can to find out the
cause..My Hubby has inner ear problems which cause him to be dizzy esp.
in high altitude..I hope you find something that helps and call
alleviate your symptoms....

May Angels Watch Over You Now and Always!!!

Love & Prayers
Anita

HMGLLG

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
The magnetic mattress may well be causing the dizziness. Magnets are based on
the same principles as acupuncture and the meridians of the body. As with
acupuncture, you can be over-treated with magnets. Caveat emptor. My doctor,
thinks that you should only use the small, topical magnets and for only six
hours at a time. She is also careful with the amount of acupuncture. Her name
is Cynthis K. Taylor in Parma, Ohio. Dr. Yue Mok thinks in the same terms.He
too is located in Cleveland. I have success with the magnets, acupuncture, and
electro-medicine--an ALPHA-STIM UNIT, however, I am careful not to over use any
of them--Dizziness among other symptoms can be a problem.

Best regards,

Hugh Greenfield