egg crate shells

Elfman & Danita

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

I use the egg crate shells too but I am ready to fire them in the
trash...any ideas to help them STAY IN PLACE??

Thanks,
Angel

*******************elf-...@spots.ab.ca*******************

Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

Fran Lebowitz

rkyler

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Just a thought . . . why not sew them into a mattress pad?

Kim

Sylvia S. Edwards

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Elfman & Danita wrote:

> I use the egg crate shells too but I am ready to fire them in the
> trash...any ideas to help them STAY IN PLACE??
>
> Thanks,
> Angel

Just a thought - 3M makes a spray adhesive. I use it to mount crossstitch
pieces. If
you bond immediately after apraying, it is permanent. If you let it dry first,
it will
adhere and can be removed without leaving any residue on the fabric. Take the
egg crate
out in the back yard, place it upside down, and spray away. Leave it until it
dries (30
Minutes ?). It is then sticky to the touch and will adhere to the mattress
without
leaving any gum on the mattress itself. It is gooey if you get it on anything -
so
don't spray in the house or near anything you don't want sticky (or on
yourself).
Sylvia

Bill Logue

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

> I use the egg crate shells too but I am ready to fire them in the
> trash...any ideas to help them STAY IN PLACE??

Adhesive backed Velcro.

Bill Logue

Gary Osbourne

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

At 04:07 PM 10/16/96 -0500, Sylvia wrote:

>Elfman & Danita wrote:
>>
>> I use the egg crate shells too but I am ready to fire them in the
>> trash...any ideas to help them STAY IN PLACE??

>Just a thought - 3M makes a spray adhesive.
If its not glued down yet...I sewed up what amounts to a large pillow case
out of a couple of sturdy sheets that fits snug over my egg crate mattress
and my top mattress. Works fine, and I can open one side, its just tied shut
with a drawstring (a zipper would be better), so I can roll up the egg crate
and take it with me when I'm out of town. I've slept on friend's and
relative's beds without the egg crate and with it, and it sure makes for a
more pleasant visit. I love my egg crate. Still can't sleep properly, but at
least I'm comfy. -g

stitcher

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

What I have done is very simple--no sewing or high technical knowledge
required! I put a fitted bottom sheet on the mattress. On top of that
goes the egg crate pad. On top of that goes the fitted mattress pad and
then on top of that the fitted bottom sheet. I think it works because
the cotton sheet isn't slick like the mattress cover is.
I have an adjustable bed and found that the mattress pad and bottom
sheet kept popping off the top of the mattress so I measured about 6"
from where the elastic ended and added a piece of waistband elastic
which works very nicely. .... /
.
.

/

Kind of like this. The few minutes it took to sew on the elastic has
been well worth the frustration I was experiencing trying to keep the
sheet on. Hope this helps you some. Take care. Jeannie

> On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Elfman & Danita wrote:
>
> > I use the egg crate shells too but I am ready to fire them in the
> > trash...any ideas to help them STAY IN PLACE??

Elfman & Danita

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

Sounds like what I have been looking for...thanks!

>Just a thought - 3M makes a spray adhesive. I use it to mount crossstitch
> pieces. If
>you bond immediately after apraying, it is permanent. If you let it dry first,
> it will
>adhere and can be removed without leaving any residue on the fabric. Take the
> egg crate
>out in the back yard, place it upside down, and spray away. Leave it until it
> dries (30
>Minutes ?). It is then sticky to the touch and will adhere to the mattress
> without
>leaving any gum on the mattress itself. It is gooey if you get it on
anything -
> so
>don't spray in the house or near anything you don't want sticky (or on
> yourself).
>Sylvia

______________________________________
| |
________|Pain is an illusion.... |_______
\ | An illusion that... | /
\ | really, Really, REALLY HURTS | /
/ |______________________________________| \
/__________) elf-...@spots.ab.ca (_________\

Elfman & Danita

Oct 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/20/96

Jeannie,

Sounds inexpensive too...which for me is vital...Thanks heaps!

Angel

PS I left the whole message in just in case others didn't see it and it may
help them.

At 11:11 AM 10/18/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>What I have done is very simple--no sewing or high technical knowledge
>required! I put a fitted bottom sheet on the mattress. On top of that
>goes the egg crate pad. On top of that goes the fitted mattress pad and
>then on top of that the fitted bottom sheet. I think it works because
>the cotton sheet isn't slick like the mattress cover is.
> I have an adjustable bed and found that the mattress pad and bottom
>sheet kept popping off the top of the mattress so I measured about 6"
>from where the elastic ended and added a piece of waistband elastic
>which works very nicely. .... /
> .
> .
>
> /
>
>Kind of like this. The few minutes it took to sew on the elastic has
>been well worth the frustration I was experiencing trying to keep the
>sheet on. Hope this helps you some. Take care. Jeannie

______________________________________

Flynn Holland

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96
to Elfman & Danita

It sounds to me that you would be setting up a very toxic situation if you
intend to sleep around the stuff. I use to do layout and paste up/graphics
and the spray mount we used had all kinds of very toxic fumes and they
lasted. I would check out the ingredience before spraying a commercial
glue on my bed.
I would think velcore or something to secure your eggcrate would
be a much better alternative.Fabric stores sell it by the strip.

Flynnly

GYP

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

Greetings Angel...
I use a fitted matress pad over my "egg crate" pad. Works for me, have
slept on them for years and years.
GYP
redh...@flash.net
:) One Day At A Time :)
...a fitting motto for more than one disease!