Re: James Randi Attacks!!!

Message has been deleted

Tom

Nov 28, 2005, 5:47:54 PM11/28/05

"Corey White" <Corey...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns971CA8CEAB...@216.168.3.44...
>>>Acording to my source, James Randi has stolen the million dollar
>>>prize. I don't think James Randi qualifies to take his own challenge,
>>>but after he takes the prize money to Vegas he may prove he has
>>>psychic powers after all.
>>
>>Mr. White,
>>
>>I have discussed the changes you have made against Mr. Randi with the
>>JREF staff, and we have decided to allow you to use your forum account
>>for 7 days effective immediately. During that time, we ask that you
>>provide any evidence you might have for the claims you have made
>>regarding Mr. Randi’s illegal activity.
>>
>>If you fail to do so, your account will be permanently banned and the
>>James Randi Educational Foundation will pursue legal action against
>>you.
>>
>>Jeff Wagg
>>
>>JREF Webmaster
>

> James Randi can't take a joke.
> We will see where this goes....
>
> Corey White

Since it was a "joke, then you never seriously meant to accuse Randi of
theft. Gee, if he can't take a "joke", perhaps he'd take an apology. Why
not try it and see?

george

Nov 28, 2005, 5:57:22 PM11/28/05

Corey White wrote:
> >>Acording to my source, James Randi has stolen the million dollar
> >>prize. I don't think James Randi qualifies to take his own challenge,
> >>but after he takes the prize money to Vegas he may prove he has
> >>psychic powers after all.
> >>
> >>In other news, I am starting a new $1,000,000 prize. It will be a
> >>website where psychics everywhere can register to play, and I will put
> >>up $5,000 to buy lottery tickets with. The top lotto numbers the
> >>psychics picks will be played, and we will see if we can win
> >>$1,000,000 for the site.
> >>
> >>Happy Thanks-Giving

> >Mr. White,
> >

> >I have discussed the changes you have made against Mr. Randi with the
> >JREF staff, and we have decided to allow you to use your forum account
> >for 7 days effective immediately. During that time, we ask that you
> >provide any evidence you might have for the claims you have made
> >regarding Mr. Randi's illegal activity.
> >

> >If you fail to do so, your account will be permanently banned and the
> >James Randi Educational Foundation will pursue legal action against
> >you.
> >

> >Jeff Wagg
> >
> >JREF Webmaster
>

> James Randi can't take a joke.
> We will see where this goes....

Knowing James Randis (and the JREF's) zero tolerance of fools I'd
expect this to go to court..
Unless you -very- quickly apologise...

Corey White

Nov 28, 2005, 6:03:44 PM11/28/05
"Tom" <askper...@comcast.net> wrote in

Yes I do appologize to everyone for this incedent.

I have been asked to never write anything about JREF again, and intend
to honor that agreement.

I sent an email appologizing to the jref webmaster, and on the jref
forum.. and I would like to appologize here as well.

murana

Nov 28, 2005, 6:17:17 PM11/28/05

hum....... did you take that seriously? i thought he was just joking,
even tho it wasnt very funny. an explanation and a little apology for
not considering that people would take it seriously couldn't hurt.

Michael Gray

Nov 28, 2005, 6:31:54 PM11/28/05
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:03:44 -0000, Corey White <Corey...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>"Tom" <askper...@comcast.net> wrote in
>

>> "Corey White" <Corey...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> James Randi can't take a joke.
>>> We will see where this goes....
>>>
>>> Corey White
>>
>> Since it was a "joke, then you never seriously meant to accuse Randi
>> of
>> theft. Gee, if he can't take a "joke", perhaps he'd take an apology.
>> Why not try it and see?
>>

>Yes I do appologize to everyone for this incedent.
>
>I have been asked to never write anything about JREF again, and intend
>to honor that agreement.
>
>I sent an email appologizing to the jref webmaster, and on the jref
>forum.. and I would like to appologize here as well.

A *real* psychic would have seen this coming.
So would have a *real* adult.

Martin Swain

Nov 28, 2005, 8:31:55 PM11/28/05

"Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message

Oh come on. Anyone who walks around with $1M chip on thier
shoulder shouldn't be too surprised if someone rattles thier cage
now and again.

Honestly I have a lot more respect for this guy:

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-69-1462-9705/life_society/myths_and_legends/clip6

Al Hastings

Nov 28, 2005, 10:50:10 PM11/28/05
You think Mr. Randi scolded you good...wait until goverment agents
inquire about your public death threat to President Bush!!

-A

Cyli

Nov 29, 2005, 12:54:36 AM11/29/05
Top posting to leave everything clear.

Your subject line is incorrect. It should be counterattacks. You
cast the first stone, now watch out for the boulders coming at you.

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:35:40 -0000, Corey White <Corey...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>>Acording to my source, James Randi has stolen the million dollar

>>>prize. I don't think James Randi qualifies to take his own challenge,
>>>but after he takes the prize money to Vegas he may prove he has
>>>psychic powers after all.
>>>

>>>In other news, I am starting a new $1,000,000 prize. It will be a
>>>website where psychics everywhere can register to play, and I will put
>>>up $5,000 to buy lottery tickets with. The top lotto numbers the
>>>psychics picks will be played, and we will see if we can win
>>>$1,000,000 for the site.
>>>
>>>Happy Thanks-Giving
>>

>>Mr. White,
>>

>>I have discussed the changes you have made against Mr. Randi with the
>>JREF staff, and we have decided to allow you to use your forum account
>>for 7 days effective immediately. During that time, we ask that you
>>provide any evidence you might have for the claims you have made

>>regarding Mr. Randi?s illegal activity.

>>If you fail to do so, your account will be permanently banned and the
>>James Randi Educational Foundation will pursue legal action against
>>you.
>>

>>Jeff Wagg
>>
>>JREF Webmaster
>

>James Randi can't take a joke.
>We will see where this goes....
>
>Corey White

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: cyl...@gmail.com.invalid (strip the .invalid to email)

Tom

Nov 29, 2005, 1:34:09 AM11/29/05

> I have been asked to never write anything about JREF again, and intend
> to honor that agreement.

Actually, nobody asked you to do that. A JREF respresentative threatened to
take you to court if you continue to post libelous claims about James Randi
and his $1M challenge to anybody making claims to have paranormal powers,
but I think you would be wise not to open your yap about them at all, given
that you have extremely poor judgement and are likely to blurt out something
else that will get you in trouble.

Tom

Nov 29, 2005, 1:47:49 AM11/29/05

"Martin Swain" <martin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> A *real* psychic would have seen this coming.
>> So would have a *real* adult.
>
> Oh come on. Anyone who walks around with $1M chip on thier
> shoulder shouldn't be too surprised if someone rattles thier cage
> now and again.

Yes, given that a large assortment of cranks, crackpots, and con artists are
being challenged to put their alleged powers on the line, it's not
unexpected that some of them will libel him in an effort to justify their
failure to even accept the challenge, let alone win the money. I don't
think they, or anybody, is surprised when it happens. However, being
surprised and being tolerant are two different reactions. JREF is not
tolerant of libel.

> Honestly I have a lot more respect for this guy:
>
> http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-69-1462-9705/life_society/myths_and_legends/clip6

I can see how you would feel less resentful of his antics than of Randi's.
If by "more respect" you mean "less resentment", I can see why you would
have more "respect" for the sasquatch hunter.

Tom

Nov 29, 2005, 1:52:49 AM11/29/05

"murana" <kosmi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> hum....... did you take that seriously?

I don't take anything Corey says seriously, but that doesn't mean I think he
is always joking. Nor do I think all jokes are funny. Especially those
"jokes" which are libelous. Corey was right to immediately apologize, even
if he claims it was a "joke". JREF doesn't think libel is funny either and
they'd be more than happy to wipe the smile right off his face if he
continued to "joke" about this.

murana

Nov 29, 2005, 3:09:39 AM11/29/05

was it just his newsgroup post?

Martin Swain

Nov 29, 2005, 10:57:07 AM11/29/05

No, I do not mean "less resentment" by "more respect". I meant
what I wrote, more respect. Had I meant less resentment I likely
would have written that.

If by your round-about ad hominems you intend to ask for an
explanation, then I shall provide one.

I have more respect for Rene Dahinden than for 'The Amazing Randi'
because Mr. Dahinden went out into the bush regularily for 20 years
looking for the sasquatch. If he had sat on his ass offering a $1M
reward to the sasquatch should it turn itself in and verify it's
identity, I would have less respect for him, perhaps on par with 'The
Amazing Randi'.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Nov 29, 2005, 12:52:32 PM11/29/05

I shall now prove that all this talk about "legal action" is a load of
baloney. I hereby announce that I believe every word that Corey said
and I can assure everyone that Randi is an amusing old fraud who has
indeed stolen all the prize money (which doesn't exist anyway).

I hope you will inform this silly Wagg fellow that I am MARK LEWIS and
hereby challenge the silly twits over there to sue me instead of Corey.

Come on you silly bastards. I am waiting. If you have not sued me by
May 10th 2006 (my birthday) I will announce it all here to the world.
It will also be proof positive that they have all agreed with my
position that Randi has indeed stolen all the prize money.

Anyway I don't see what is wrong with a bit of thieving anyway. We
psychic people do it all the time. I don't see why Randi can't do a bit
of thieving if he wants to supplement his old age pension.

Anyway I am waiting to be sued. I am made of much sterner stuff than
this Corey personage. Watch all the silly sceptics jump up and down
like the dolts that they all are. They won't sue though. Just watch me
call their bluff.

So go ahead. Sue me.No excuses please.

Al Hastings

Nov 29, 2005, 1:36:33 PM11/29/05
Their is no way they'll sue you mark....the exchange rate from Canadian
dollars to Americian is terrible

george

Nov 29, 2005, 2:32:34 PM11/29/05

A word of warning.
Look for 'Earl Gordon Curley' on Google.
He was something like you.
but he evaded the libel case by dying and thereby creating Kooks Day
26th June

Michael Gray

Nov 29, 2005, 2:40:18 PM11/29/05

Fair enough.
It is entirely your business whom you respect, and to what extent.

Michael Gray

Nov 29, 2005, 2:42:37 PM11/29/05

Provide your real name and contact details please.
Until then, you are simply an anonymous coward.

Martin Swain

Nov 29, 2005, 3:27:17 PM11/29/05

I knew you would see it my way.

Tom

Nov 29, 2005, 4:55:41 PM11/29/05

"Martin Swain" <martin...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> Tom wrote:
>> "Martin Swain" <martin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>Honestly I have a lot more respect for this guy:
>>>
>>>http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-69-1462-9705/life_society/myths_and_legends/clip6
>>

>> I can see how you would feel less resentful of his antics than of
>> Randi's. If by "more respect" you mean "less resentment", I can see why
>> you would have more "respect" for the sasquatch hunter.
>
> No, I do not mean "less resentment" by "more respect". I meant
> what I wrote, more respect. Had I meant less resentment I likely
> would have written that.
>
> If by your round-about ad hominems

What you just wrote is a round-about ad hominem. I can certainly
understand why you would feel it necessary to engage in an ad hominem attack
against me by accusing me of making an ad hominem attack against you for
making an ad hominem attack against Randi.

> you intend to ask for an
> explanation, then I shall provide one.

If I intended to ask you a question, I would have asked it. You object to a
mere speculation about what you meant by "respect", but you don't seem to
have any problem with your own categorical declaration of what you believe I
must have meant. Nice little double standard there.

> I have more respect for Rene Dahinden than for 'The Amazing Randi' because
> Mr. Dahinden went out into the bush regularily for 20 years
> looking for the sasquatch. If he had sat on his ass offering a $1M
> reward to the sasquatch should it turn itself in and verify it's
> identity, I would have less respect for him, perhaps on par with 'The
> Amazing Randi'.

Randi has been "out in the bush" debunking fake psychics for longer than
twenty years. Maybe you didn't know that. Maybe you think he never went
anywhere or tested any psychics. But you prefer to have "respect" (whatever
the hell you might mean by it) for a nutball who thinks an entire species of
giant apes inhabit the untouched North American wilderness, which must, by
now, consist of approximately twenty acres somewhere in the Northwest
Territories. Yep. Plenty to "respect" there. Persistence in a bizarre
delusion is clearly what you consider to be admirable.

104

Nov 29, 2005, 5:01:31 PM11/29/05

It is up to the JREF to contact his ISP and identify him via his IP
number if they are serious about taking him to court.

Martin Swain

Nov 29, 2005, 5:15:44 PM11/29/05
Tom wrote:
> "Martin Swain" <martin...@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Tom wrote:
>>
>>>"Martin Swain" <martin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I can see how you would feel less resentful of his antics than of
>>>Randi's. If by "more respect" you mean "less resentment", I can see why
>>>you would have more "respect" for the sasquatch hunter.
>>
>>No, I do not mean "less resentment" by "more respect". I meant
>>what I wrote, more respect. Had I meant less resentment I likely
>>would have written that.
>>
>>If by your round-about ad hominems
>

> What you just wrote is a round-about ad hominem.

No, it isn't. You indicated that you think I feel 'resentment' towards
Randi, which is intended to indicate that I take a certain position
on certain matters, which, in the first place, as if you care,
I do not, and in the second place, which this is about, actually
did spark some resentment in me.

> I can certainly
> understand why you would feel it necessary to engage in an ad hominem attack
> against me by accusing me of making an ad hominem attack against you for
> making an ad hominem attack against Randi.
>
> > you intend to ask for an
>
>>explanation, then I shall provide one.
>

> If I intended to ask you a question, I would have asked it. You object to a
> mere speculation about what you meant by "respect", but you don't seem to
> have any problem with your own categorical declaration of what you believe I
> must have meant. Nice little double standard there.

I think you missed the point. You made an assumption about me. There
is only one reason for making assumptions, which is to be able to
proceed in the absence of better information.

Rather than pointing this out to you, I thought I might provide
a little demonstration, and hopefully make my point. Of course
this assumes you are capable of a little thought.

>>I have more respect for Rene Dahinden than for 'The Amazing Randi' because
>>Mr. Dahinden went out into the bush regularily for 20 years
>>looking for the sasquatch. If he had sat on his ass offering a $1M
>>reward to the sasquatch should it turn itself in and verify it's
>>identity, I would have less respect for him, perhaps on par with 'The
>>Amazing Randi'.
>

> Randi has been "out in the bush" debunking fake psychics for longer than
> twenty years. Maybe you didn't know that.

No I didn't. In fact I don't believe you. Provide some credible evidence
of your assertion please. Case histories will do. As far as I can tell,
he is nothing more than a shill at best.

> Maybe you think he never went
> anywhere or tested any psychics. But you prefer to have "respect" (whatever
> the hell you might mean by it) for a nutball who thinks an entire species of
> giant apes inhabit the untouched North American wilderness, which must, by
> now,

God you're really not paying attention are you. The documetary I
provided a link for was not made 'now', nor in anything like recent
history. In fact it was made in 1976, when the world was a much
different place. Had you watched it, the hairstyles alone would
have given it away, I'm sure.

<ranting snipped>

Cardinal Chunder

Nov 29, 2005, 6:26:21 PM11/29/05
Corey White wrote:
>>> Acording to my source, James Randi has stolen the million dollar
>>> prize. I don't think James Randi qualifies to take his own challenge,
>>> but after he takes the prize money to Vegas he may prove he has
>>> psychic powers after all.
>>>
>>> In other news, I am starting a new $1,000,000 prize. It will be a
>>> website where psychics everywhere can register to play, and I will put
>>> up $5,000 to buy lottery tickets with. The top lotto numbers the
>>> psychics picks will be played, and we will see if we can win
>>> $1,000,000 for the site.
>>>
>>> Happy Thanks-Giving
>>

>> Mr. White,
>>

>> I have discussed the changes you have made against Mr. Randi with the
>> JREF staff, and we have decided to allow you to use your forum account
>> for 7 days effective immediately. During that time, we ask that you
>> provide any evidence you might have for the claims you have made
>> regarding Mr. Randi’s illegal activity.
>>

>> If you fail to do so, your account will be permanently banned and the
>> James Randi Educational Foundation will pursue legal action against
>> you.
>>

>> Jeff Wagg
>>
>> JREF Webmaster
>

> James Randi can't take a joke.
> We will see where this goes....
>
> Corey White

Yeah, pretending it was a "joke" after the fact will cut it with the
courts & Randi.

Anyway, don't say you weren't warned.

Cardinal Chunder

Nov 29, 2005, 6:31:15 PM11/29/05

It's almost happened before. Winston Wu had to do some serious
backtracking and apologising to avoid a court date after making
extremely serious allegations against Randi.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Nov 29, 2005, 6:50:59 PM11/29/05
This is a message for Michael Gray.
I am MARK LEWIS. I am a very legendary person and extremely easy to
find.However I don't see why I should make it easy for the lazy
bastards.
As for Earl Curley he was a good friend of mine and he informed me that
Randi scammed him out of the prize. It seemed that he won and Randi
refused to pay out. Therefore the challenge is fraudulent.

Now sue me for that too.

I must say that Americans amuse me terribly when they incessantly
chatter about suing people. That and George Bush makes them the
laughing stock of the world. Anyway it is perfectly obvious that 99% of
lawyers give the rest a bad name.

Anyway JREF are frightened to death of me. My very name scares the crap
out of them.That is why they banned me from their forum since my
arguments, wit and intellectual brilliance put them all in their place.

To show you how dumb they are over there they accused me of advocating
suicide because I merely made a little remark to some twit that if he
were to blow his brains out he would have nothing to lose.

No. Corey. Tell the silly old bastard to sue you. He won't I assure
you. He has had enough of that game since Uri Geller sued the crap out
of him. I know Geller lost but it did give the old crook an
uncomfortable time for a while.

Anyway my challenge still stands. Sue me.

Let's see how they are going to get out of that one.

murana

Nov 29, 2005, 7:49:42 PM11/29/05

mar...@sympatico.ca wrote:
> This is a message for Michael Gray.
> I am MARK LEWIS. I am a very legendary person and extremely easy to
> find.However I don't see why I should make it easy for the lazy
> bastards.
> As for Earl Curley he was a good friend of mine and he informed me that
> Randi scammed him out of the prize. It seemed that he won and Randi
> refused to pay out. Therefore the challenge is fraudulent.
>
> Now sue me for that too.

ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting, and
it would end his show too early.
if the testing is anything like i've seen and heard about.........you
can doubt just about everything, so no matter how much proof is given
it just isn't enough.....they'll find some possible hole and dismiss
it. it's very easy for them to say no but not yes or probably and
rarely maybe.

104

Nov 29, 2005, 8:28:40 PM11/29/05
Corey White wrote:
>>>Acording to my source,

According to your source eh? Now will you be able to plead the 5th of
who your source is like most Journalists do? ;)

Tell JREF to piss off.

James Randi has stolen the million dollar
>>>prize. I don't think James Randi qualifies to take his own challenge,
>>>but after he takes the prize money to Vegas he may prove he has
>>>psychic powers after all.
>>>
>>>In other news, I am starting a new $1,000,000 prize. It will be a
>>>website where psychics everywhere can register to play, and I will put
>>>up $5,000 to buy lottery tickets with. The top lotto numbers the
>>>psychics picks will be played, and we will see if we can win
>>>$1,000,000 for the site.
>>>
>>>Happy Thanks-Giving
>>

>>Mr. White,
>>

>>I have discussed the changes you have made against Mr. Randi with the
>>JREF staff, and we have decided to allow you to use your forum account
>>for 7 days effective immediately. During that time, we ask that you
>>provide any evidence you might have for the claims you have made
>>regarding Mr. Randi’s illegal activity.
>>

>>If you fail to do so, your account will be permanently banned and the
>>James Randi Educational Foundation will pursue legal action against
>>you.
>>

>>Jeff Wagg
>>
>>JREF Webmaster
>

> James Randi can't take a joke.
> We will see where this goes....
>

> Corey White

John

Nov 29, 2005, 9:34:03 PM11/29/05

> mar...@sympatico.ca wrote:
>> This is a message for Michael Gray.
>> I am MARK LEWIS. I am a very legendary person and extremely easy to
>> find.However I don't see why I should make it easy for the lazy
>> bastards.
>> As for Earl Curley he was a good friend of mine and he informed me that
>> Randi scammed him out of the prize. It seemed that he won and Randi
>> refused to pay out. Therefore the challenge is fraudulent.
>>
>> Now sue me for that too.
>>

> ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
> too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting, and
> it would end his show too early.
> if the testing is anything like i've seen and heard about.........you
> can doubt just about everything, so no matter how much proof is given
> it just isn't enough.....they'll find some possible hole and dismiss
> it. it's very easy for them to say no but not yes or probably and
> rarely maybe.

No doubt you have read the rules of the contest?

Bruce Hutchinson

Nov 29, 2005, 9:48:24 PM11/29/05
"george" <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote:

>A word of warning.
> Look for 'Earl Gordon Curley' on Google.
>He was something like you.
>but he evaded the libel case by dying and thereby creating Kooks Day
>26th June

Hey George!

Glad to see that there are still some veterans of the "Curley Wars"
left in the groups!

Now we have a "friend" of Earl (how weird is that?!) posting here.
D'ya think that he could be related to Mary Jo?

hutch

george

Nov 29, 2005, 11:20:30 PM11/29/05

Bruce Hutchinson wrote:
> "george" <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote:
>

> >A word of warning.
> > Look for 'Earl Gordon Curley' on Google.
> >He was something like you.
> >but he evaded the libel case by dying and thereby creating Kooks Day
> >26th June
>

> Hey George!
>
> Glad to see that there are still some veterans of the "Curley Wars"
> left in the groups!

Ah, where's my old mate Twitch and all those others ?

> Now we have a "friend" of Earl (how weird is that?!) posting here.
> D'ya think that he could be related to Mary Jo?

darn sock puppets...... :-)

JREF can't (presently) be bothered with the rambling of the insane
one...
sort of like curles all over again

Tom

Nov 30, 2005, 11:47:10 AM11/30/05

> No, it isn't. You indicated that you think I feel 'resentment' towards
> Randi, which is intended to indicate that I take a certain position
> on certain matters, which, in the first place, as if you care,
> I do not, and in the second place, which this is about, actually
> did spark some resentment in me.

I see. You don't feel resentment but you do feel resentment. Thank you
for clearing that up.

Tom

Nov 30, 2005, 11:49:21 AM11/30/05

<mar...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> This is a message for Michael Gray.
> I am MARK LEWIS. I am a very legendary person

What legends have you inspired? Just for the record.

Tom

Nov 30, 2005, 11:56:12 AM11/30/05

"Bruce Hutchinson" <hit...@spam.spam> wrote in message

Earl didn't have any actual friends. He was a pretty lonely guy.

Besides, Mark is just posturing. You'll note that his claim is really just
that somebody told him something and he believes it. There is nothing
actionable about that, as far as I can tell.

Martin Swain

Nov 30, 2005, 12:04:42 PM11/30/05

This pisses me off. When I end up fighting with you it's like
getting to the bottom of the barrel. Oh well.

I do not feel resentment towards 'The Amazing Randi', as you have
indicated you think I do.

The fact that you have indicated such does cause me to feel
resentment, towards you.

Clear enough?

B.T.W. Have you stopped starving your pets yet?

Martin

Nov 30, 2005, 1:21:41 PM11/30/05
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:15:44 GMT, Martin Swain <martin...@shaw.ca>
wrote:

You could start with reading his books where you can see what he has
done and what he has researched. You'll find a load of case histories
there that'll keep you busy for weeks to come.
Then there are a whole host of tv-shows where he appeared and showed
his work. There is a whole host of tv-shows where he has tested
psychics and other assorted deluded folks.

Will Tingle

Nov 30, 2005, 4:10:10 PM11/30/05
An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
typewriters. murana <kosmi...@gmail.com> said:
>ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
>too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting

this is a joke, right?
--
The more I see of my dickhead half brother...
...the more I think Cain was onto somthing!

Will Tingle
Remove YOUR.PANTS to e-mail

Bruce Hutchinson

Nov 30, 2005, 9:50:49 PM11/30/05
"george" <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote:

>Bruce Hutchinson wrote:

>> Hey George!
>>
>> Glad to see that there are still some veterans of the "Curley Wars"
>> left in the groups!
>
>Ah, where's my old mate Twitch and all those others ?

Twitch (the cat) is well, and still master of the house, I'm told.
His pet, who used to post here, is also well, but abandoned the groups
some time ago.

I still see posts from time to time by Atkinson, and of course our
friend from Oz is still hammering away.

>> Now we have a "friend" of Earl (how weird is that?!) posting here.
>> D'ya think that he could be related to Mary Jo?
>
>darn sock puppets...... :-)
>
>JREF can't (presently) be bothered with the rambling of the insane
>one...
>sort of like curles all over again

There are a suspiciously large number of "paranormalists" out there
that claim the $1mil prize is not important enough. They spend a LOT
of time and bandwidth proclaiming this, along with every vile
anti-Randi rumor they can find or make up and plenty of lame excuses.

I think that it is not that JREF can't be bothered... it's more like
they are having way too much fun watching these impotent and obviously
psychic-impaired idiots thrash around helplessly.

That was part of the fun in haranguing Earl, until he REALLY got
abusive. We all know how that turned out.

hutch

Still a Member in Good Standing of "Randi et al"

whyzard

Nov 30, 2005, 9:56:55 PM11/30/05
There was a virgin who said she would give it up to the first person
who showed her true love. True love never came though cause pussy
wasn't enough to barter for true love.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Nov 30, 2005, 10:04:10 PM11/30/05
Thomas my boy. You do not understand. I am MARK LEWIS. I am quite
astonished to see that you do not realise what an extraordinary person
you have in your midst.

However you are posting this partly to alt.magic. I am sure the members
here will tell you why I am so legendary.

Now are your silly friends going to sue me or not? If they aren't
satisfied with my belief in Corey's obviously true allegations then I
can come up with other things that have been alleged over the years
about the wickedness of this awful bearded person.

There Corey. That is how you do it. Stand up to the bastards and watch
them try to weasel out of their baloney threat of sueing.

It is just as genuine as their ridiculous million dollar challenge that
of course is now void since Randi stole the money and spent it all in
Vegas.

murana

Nov 30, 2005, 10:31:28 PM11/30/05

did you write Mind Magic?

Michael Gray

Nov 30, 2005, 10:19:04 PM11/30/05
On 29 Nov 2005 16:49:42 -0800, "murana" <kosmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>mar...@sympatico.ca wrote:
>> This is a message for Michael Gray.
>> I am MARK LEWIS. I am a very legendary person and extremely easy to
>> find.However I don't see why I should make it easy for the lazy
>> bastards.
>> As for Earl Curley he was a good friend of mine and he informed me that
>> Randi scammed him out of the prize. It seemed that he won and Randi
>> refused to pay out. Therefore the challenge is fraudulent.
>>
>> Now sue me for that too.
>>

>ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
>too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting, and
>it would end his show too early.

I have heard that there is an invisible unicorn living in my shed.
"I have heard", is a cowards way of forwarding lies, without the
discomfort of being called to account.

At least Mr. Lewis has the guts to state his opinions for what they
are, and doesn't use such weasel tactics.

Michael Gray

Nov 30, 2005, 10:19:55 PM11/30/05

He has to both read them AND UNDERSTAND them, don't forget...

Michael Gray

Nov 30, 2005, 10:24:01 PM11/30/05
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:49:21 -0800, "Tom" <askper...@comcast.net>
wrote:

I was "in on" his contributions to the JREF forums that got him quite
rightly banned.
Mark gained a legendary status as a dangerous blow-hard egotist of
truly outstanding proportions.

Michael Gray

Nov 30, 2005, 10:21:25 PM11/30/05
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:10:10 +0000, Will Tingle
<Wi...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
>typewriters. murana <kosmi...@gmail.com> said:
>>ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
>>too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting
>
>this is a joke, right?

What the poster, or the post?
The poster is definitely a joke.
The post is deadly serious, I'm afraid.
It's typical of the outright lies that these frauds will stoop to in
order to protect their fragile fantasy worlds.

murana

Dec 1, 2005, 12:22:27 AM12/1/05

outright lies? i am stating a fact from my life, which happens to be
on subject, that i have heard of a certain thing. i make no claim in
that statement, none at all... and if you say i am then you are
outright lying.
or stupid?

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 1, 2005, 12:34:30 AM12/1/05
I was banned because I could take on all thirty thousand of you all by
myself and show what a bunch of idiots you all were. You were all
quaking in your boots because of my fearsome presence.

But do not try to change the subject. Who is going to sue me? Come on
you silly bunch of weasels. I demand that you sue me.

Poor Corey is shaking with the trauma of all this. Come on old chap -
do not let them scare you.Show some gumption. I am here to protect
you. Watch them quake with fear and run from me in great disarray.

The daft thing is that I bet they haven't even met Randi. I have. In
fact I had a little chat with him. He was running around like a
demented hen at a train station. I took one look at him and knew
instantly that he was a fellow charlatan. It takes one to know one you
know.

He won't sue me. He hardly needs the money now that he has stolen it
anyway. I have since heard that he didn't lose it in Vegas though and
still has it tucked underneath his bed at home. I do think it is rather
an odd way to supplement his pension though.

murana

Dec 1, 2005, 1:04:01 AM12/1/05

Michael Gray wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2005 16:49:42 -0800, "murana" <kosmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >mar...@sympatico.ca wrote:
> >> This is a message for Michael Gray.
> >> I am MARK LEWIS. I am a very legendary person and extremely easy to
> >> find.However I don't see why I should make it easy for the lazy
> >> bastards.
> >> As for Earl Curley he was a good friend of mine and he informed me that
> >> Randi scammed him out of the prize. It seemed that he won and Randi
> >> refused to pay out. Therefore the challenge is fraudulent.
> >>
> >> Now sue me for that too.
> >>

> >ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
> >too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting, and
> >it would end his show too early.
>
> I have heard that there is an invisible unicorn living in my shed.
> "I have heard", is a cowards way of forwarding lies, without the
> discomfort of being called to account.
>
> At least Mr. Lewis has the guts to state his opinions for what they
> are, and doesn't use such weasel tactics.

what's wrong with you?

104

Dec 1, 2005, 1:54:23 AM12/1/05
mar...@sympatico.ca wrote:
> Thomas my boy. You do not understand. I am MARK LEWIS. I am quite
> astonished to see that you do not realise what an extraordinary person
> you have in your midst.
>
> However you are posting this partly to alt.magic. I am sure the members
> here will tell you why I am so legendary.
>
> Now are your silly friends going to sue me or not? If they aren't
> satisfied with my belief in Corey's obviously true allegations

Corey didn't make the allegations, his source did.

104

Dec 1, 2005, 1:56:56 AM12/1/05

More power to you, Sir.

Cyli

Dec 1, 2005, 2:17:02 AM12/1/05
On 29 Nov 2005 16:49:42 -0800, "murana" <kosmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

(snipped)

>ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
>too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting, and
>it would end his show too early.

While I'll agree that many people can do cloud busting, it's one of
those things where it's impossible to quantify and test. Fun to do,
though.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: cyl...@gmail.com.invalid (strip the .invalid to email)

Martin Swain

Dec 1, 2005, 2:22:35 AM12/1/05

"Martin Swain" <martin...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

Ok I didn't mean to indicate that you starve your pets, just
that I don't like those kinds of circular questions which you
sometimes seem to verge on.

Martin Swain

Dec 1, 2005, 2:26:13 AM12/1/05

"Martin" <no...@ofyourbusiness.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:15:44 GMT, Martin Swain <martin...@shaw.ca>
> wrote:

> You could start with reading his books where you can see what he has
> done and what he has researched. You'll find a load of case histories
> there that'll keep you busy for weeks to come.

According to his website, I can pay him to come and tell his war stories
in person. I'm sure he's a decent speaker. But then again that saucer guy
is supposed to spin a good yarn too.

> Then there are a whole host of tv-shows where he appeared and showed
> his work. There is a whole host of tv-shows where he has tested
> psychics and other assorted deluded folks.

Some people will do anything to get on tv.

Michael Gray

Dec 1, 2005, 2:33:35 AM12/1/05
On 30 Nov 2005 22:04:01 -0800, "murana" <kosmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Michael Gray wrote:

>> >ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
>> >too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting, and
>> >it would end his show too early.
>>
>> I have heard that there is an invisible unicorn living in my shed.
>> "I have heard", is a cowards way of forwarding lies, without the
>> discomfort of being called to account.
>>
>> At least Mr. Lewis has the guts to state his opinions for what they
>> are, and doesn't use such weasel tactics.
>>

>what's wrong with you?

I support the truth.
That seems to be a character flaw in your neck of the woods.

murana

Dec 1, 2005, 4:02:49 AM12/1/05

Michael Gray wrote:
> On 30 Nov 2005 22:04:01 -0800, "murana" <kosmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Michael Gray wrote:

> >> I have heard that there is an invisible unicorn living in my shed.
> >> "I have heard", is a cowards way of forwarding lies, without the
> >> discomfort of being called to account.
> >>
> >> At least Mr. Lewis has the guts to state his opinions for what they
> >> are, and doesn't use such weasel tactics.
> >>

> >what's wrong with you?
>
> I support the truth.
> That seems to be a character flaw in your neck of the woods.

you have been caught straight out lying and you can't even respond to
it. keep hiding in those woods.

murana

Dec 1, 2005, 4:19:25 AM12/1/05

liar liar pants on fire.

Cardinal Chunder

Dec 1, 2005, 4:48:57 AM12/1/05
104 wrote:
> mar...@sympatico.ca wrote:
>> Thomas my boy. You do not understand. I am MARK LEWIS. I am quite
>> astonished to see that you do not realise what an extraordinary person
>> you have in your midst.
>>
>> However you are posting this partly to alt.magic. I am sure the members
>> here will tell you why I am so legendary.
>>
>> Now are your silly friends going to sue me or not? If they aren't
>> satisfied with my belief in Corey's obviously true allegations
>
> Corey didn't make the allegations, his source did.

But Corey still made the allegations public making him culpable. Whether
the source exists or not.

Likewise a newspaper who whose "source" reports that some celeb buggers
boys has their neck on the line if it turns out to be a pack of lies.

104

Dec 1, 2005, 5:08:36 AM12/1/05
Cardinal Chunder wrote:
> 104 wrote:
>
>> mar...@sympatico.ca wrote:
>>
>>> Thomas my boy. You do not understand. I am MARK LEWIS. I am quite
>>> astonished to see that you do not realise what an extraordinary person
>>> you have in your midst.
>>>
>>> However you are posting this partly to alt.magic. I am sure the members
>>> here will tell you why I am so legendary.
>>>
>>> Now are your silly friends going to sue me or not? If they aren't
>>> satisfied with my belief in Corey's obviously true allegations
>>

>> Corey didn't make the allegations, his source did.
>

> But Corey still made the allegations public making him culpable. Whether
> the source exists or not.

I know who his source is.

murana

Dec 1, 2005, 5:12:35 AM12/1/05

it's just a teeny tiny eeny weeny eency peency little bit different
than a person talking about it to people they know in a n/g.
or did he broadcast it on a website?
i can't remember but he did appear to be supporting his "source"....
but i dont know if buying into claims is nearly the same as being the
liar who makes it up, either.

you guys like to blow stuff into such serious....sue worthy....bullshit
don't you?

Tom

Dec 1, 2005, 10:45:06 AM12/1/05

"Martin Swain" <martin...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> Tom wrote:
>> "Martin Swain" <martin...@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>
>>>No, it isn't. You indicated that you think I feel 'resentment' towards
>>>Randi, which is intended to indicate that I take a certain position
>>>on certain matters, which, in the first place, as if you care,
>>>I do not, and in the second place, which this is about, actually
>>>did spark some resentment in me.
>>

>> I see. You don't feel resentment but you do feel resentment. Thank you
>> for clearing that up.
>
> This pisses me off.

Ambivalence is often frustrating.

> When I end up fighting with you it's like
> getting to the bottom of the barrel. Oh well.

Getting to the bottom of the issue is exactly what I intend.

> I do not feel resentment towards 'The Amazing Randi', as you have
> indicated you think I do.
>
> The fact that you have indicated such does cause me to feel
> resentment, towards you.

Sure. Like you haven't been feeling that all along, too.

> B.T.W. Have you stopped starving your pets yet?

No, but that damn cat still won't go away. She just goes out and gets her
own food.

Tom

Dec 1, 2005, 10:47:29 AM12/1/05

> Ok I didn't mean to indicate that you starve your pets, just
> that I don't like those kinds of circular questions which you
> sometimes seem to verge on.

Not to worry. I know this is just light conversation. I'll still kiss you
on the lips, if you want me to.

Tom

Dec 1, 2005, 10:51:57 AM12/1/05

> Thomas my boy. You do not understand. I am MARK LEWIS. I am quite
> astonished to see that you do not realise what an extraordinary person
> you have in your midst.
>
> However you are posting this partly to alt.magic. I am sure the members
> here will tell you why I am so legendary.

I see. Perhaps you are too modest to recite the many legends which make you
legendary and extraordinary.

> Now are your silly friends going to sue me or not?

I'm pretty sure that none of my silly friends are going to sue you. Perhaps
JREF will, though. Time will tell.

Tom

Dec 1, 2005, 10:54:27 AM12/1/05

"Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message

Given that he has no lack of competition for this status, I am truly
impressed. What's so "dangerous" about him, BTW?

Tom

Dec 1, 2005, 11:04:02 AM12/1/05

>I was banned because I could take on all thirty thousand of you all by
> myself and show what a bunch of idiots you all were.

Or at least, you managed to keep on spewing no matter what anybody else
thought of you or said to you. This sort of detemination is common among
fanatics, paranoids, and kooks. However, I see you didn't have the power to
keep yourself from getting thrown out of the forum you chose for your rants.
This is also common among fanatics, paranoids, and kooks.

Martin Swain

Dec 1, 2005, 11:29:52 AM12/1/05
Tom wrote:
> "Martin Swain" <martin...@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Tom wrote:
>>
>>>"Martin Swain" <martin...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

>>>I see. You don't feel resentment but you do feel resentment. Thank you
>>>for clearing that up.
>>
>>This pisses me off.
>

> Ambivalence is often frustrating.
>

>>When I end up fighting with you it's like
>>getting to the bottom of the barrel. Oh well.
>

> Getting to the bottom of the issue is exactly what I intend.

Good luck with that..

>>I do not feel resentment towards 'The Amazing Randi', as you have
>>indicated you think I do.
>>
>>The fact that you have indicated such does cause me to feel
>>resentment, towards you.
>

> Sure. Like you haven't been feeling that all along, too.

There you go with your assumptions again. I haven't. I think
I have made pretty clear what I think about Randi. He is a just
as much the huckster as those he seeks to 'debunk'. I have no
resources for hucksters.

You know, I stopped reading Dickens years ago, because his attitude
towards his fellow man was something like yours. Except he was a bit
more posotive.

That's it. I don't have anything worse to say about you. I wish I
did, I enjoy slagging people all over usenet. However, other than
these little spats, I don't feel any particular resentment towards
you. Since you keep indicating that you think I aught to though, I
guess I have to respond with 'you wish', although I'm doing so with
all the enthusiasm of a damp kleenex.

>>B.T.W. Have you stopped starving your pets yet?
>

> No, but that damn cat still won't go away. She just goes out and gets her
> own food.

Good answer. So does mine.

Martin Swain

Dec 1, 2005, 11:33:35 AM12/1/05
Tom wrote:
> "Martin Swain" <martin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ok I didn't mean to indicate that you starve your pets, just
>>that I don't like those kinds of circular questions which you
>>sometimes seem to verge on.
>

> Not to worry. I know this is just light conversation.

Well I'm glad to see you have put your thinking hat back on.

> I'll still kiss you
> on the lips, if you want me to.

I appreciate the offer, but no, thanks anyway.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 1, 2005, 12:39:17 PM12/1/05
Thomas old chap. I am renowned for my modesty and anyone in alt.magic
will tell you that I am not inclined to brag despite my genius,
erudition and wit. Despite the fact that I am one of the greatest
magicians the world has ever seen I am terribly inhibited from saying
too much about it since I have always believed the old adage that he
who loves himself has little competition.

As a psychic reverend and clairvoyant extraordinaire I can assure you
that time will not tell. I will though. JREF will not sue me. Neither
would they have sued Corey if he had shown a bit more gumption and not
been so mamby pamby about it. You have to stand up to paper tigers and
tell them to sue if they want to.

As a very wicked person I happen to know that it is far easier to be
sued than to do the actual sueing. The JREF people know that too., That
is why they offer their silly challenge because when they don't pay out
(which of course they never do even if you were to produce 3 tons of
ectoplasm out of Randi's left ear) they know perfectly well that the
only way to get the money is to sue them and in actual practice nobody
bothers.

Mind you it is pointless sueing Randi since as Corey correctly reported
he has run off with the prize money. I hope he is spending it wisely.

Anyway I am talking to this silly Wagg fellow wherever he is. Sue me
and stop chattering about it. And when you have done sueing me try and
collect. That will be the really hard part.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 1, 2005, 12:43:48 PM12/1/05
Don't be silly. I am over there now as we speak. I am posing as a
fanatic, paranoid and kook. In other words I am pretending to be a
sceptic.

If you wish to discover who I am perhaps you will need to consult a
psychic. I can recommend a good one.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 1, 2005, 12:55:11 PM12/1/05
Quite right Thomas. Nothing dangerous about me whatever. I am a timid
little pussycat and I have fooled you all into being terrified of me.

But then there is nothing dangerous about JREF either. They are also
timid little pussycats yet they managed to terrify poor little Corey
with baloney threats about sueing.

Anyway I didn't sue Randi after I won the million dollar prize and he
refused to pay out. Perhaps I should have done. He agreed that I won
and he promised to send me a cheque if I kept the matter secret.
However the bloody cheque bounced (not surprisingly in light of Corey's
allegations) and I still have it as evidence which I shall produce in
court if necessary.

No doubt this is why the JREF people are afraid of sueing me. That and
the knowledge that I might put a curse on them and make them
dematerialise. Of course their brains already have.

george

Dec 1, 2005, 2:48:16 PM12/1/05

Michael Gray wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:49:21 -0800, "Tom" <askper...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

> ><mar...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> >> This is a message for Michael Gray.
> >> I am MARK LEWIS. I am a very legendary person
> >

> >What legends have you inspired? Just for the record.
>
> I was "in on" his contributions to the JREF forums that got him quite
> rightly banned.
> Mark gained a legendary status as a dangerous blow-hard egotist of
> truly outstanding proportions.

:-) I was there also watching him implode.
Not so much a legend as a slow learner

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 1, 2005, 3:51:03 PM12/1/05
I am not a student. I am a teacher.
I taught you and your friends a lesson anyway.

Michael Gray

Dec 1, 2005, 6:45:38 PM12/1/05
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:54:27 -0800, "Tom" <askper...@comcast.net>
wrote:

Repeated written exhortations for another to kill himself.

Michael Gray

Dec 1, 2005, 6:47:41 PM12/1/05

Or an extremely good actor.
He can seem to play the obsessive puerile know-all kook very well.
Utterly convincing.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 1, 2005, 8:56:31 PM12/1/05
That is correct. I shall repeat the exhoration here in exactly the same
way that I did at the Randi place. We wouldn't want to get things out
of context would we?

Here it is. This is exactly what I said.

"Why don't you blow your brains out? You would have nothing to lose."

It was a JOKE. Surely you know what a joke is? You see one every
morning in the mirror.

Of course I have never met a sceptic with a sense of humour. They all
look so bloody miserable and that is why they lose so many arguments on
TV.

murana

Dec 1, 2005, 9:36:17 PM12/1/05

lol

well to be fair i believe they mis-read you're "joke". i think "You
would have nothing to lose" was thought to refer to their life, not
their intelligence.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 2:40:22 AM12/2/05

> I am renowned for my modesty

I'm twice as humble as you are. Let's have a contest to see which of us is
humbler.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 2:46:15 AM12/2/05

> Quite right Thomas. Nothing dangerous about me whatever. I am a timid
> little pussycat and I have fooled you all into being terrified of me.

Why would a timid little pussycat want to terrify anyone? That's precisely
what a timid person (or feline) would work to avoid, unless, of course, they
felt immediately and mortally threatened by those who they seek to terrify.
Do you?

> But then there is nothing dangerous about JREF either.

So long as you don't perceive a challenge to claims of the paranormal as a
danger.

> Anyway I didn't sue Randi after I won the million dollar prize and he
> refused to pay out. Perhaps I should have done.

Perhaps you should. I don't think you will, though, timid little pussy that
you are.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 2:47:08 AM12/2/05

"Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message

Was he at all convincing?

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 2:51:36 AM12/2/05

> Here it is. This is exactly what I said.
>
> "Why don't you blow your brains out? You would have nothing to lose."
>
> It was a JOKE. Surely you know what a joke is? You see one every
> morning in the mirror.

That's the same thing Corey said when he was afraid JREF was going to sue
him. Hmmm. Coincidence? I don't think so!

> Of course I have never met a sceptic with a sense of humour.

Now you have. The next question is whether or not you have enough of a
sense of humor to recognize it.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 2:55:46 AM12/2/05

> Don't be silly.

What? First you said that you never met a skeptic with a sense of humor and
now you're telling a skeptic not to be silly. I think you should encourage
a little silliness.

> I am over there now as we speak. I am posing as a
> fanatic, paranoid and kook. In other words I am pretending to be a
> sceptic.

You actually *are* a skeptic, Mark. You're just skeptical about different
things.

> If you wish to discover who I am perhaps you will need to consult a
> psychic.

So you're not Mark Lewis after all?

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 2:57:11 AM12/2/05

>I am not a student. I am a teacher.
> I taught you and your friends a lesson anyway.

If you can't be a good role model, you can always be a horrible example.

Michael Gray

Dec 2, 2005, 5:11:41 AM12/2/05
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:57:11 -0800, "Tom" <askper...@comcast.net>
wrote:

Redundant advice, it seems...

Michael Gray

Dec 2, 2005, 5:17:41 AM12/2/05
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:47:08 -0800, "Tom" <askper...@comcast.net>
wrote:

Of course, I can't answer for the interlocutor that he was advising.

But I thought he was 'for real'.
I mean, really encouraging someone to kill themself, in a most callous
and off-hand manner.
He convinced me.

I most certainly did not think it was a "joke" at the time.

I still don't, given the entire context and timing of his posts, (that
is necessarily absent from this discussion), which struck me as coming
from someone with the mentality of a 13 year old mentally-disturbed
adolescent male.
Nothing has been said to date that has changed that impression, save
that Mark may well be the most consistent experimentally egregious
actor that I have endured in many years.

It is obvious that the JREF staff formed pretty much the same opinion,
for very good reason.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 2, 2005, 8:33:08 AM12/2/05
Not Mark Lewis? How very astute of you.

Now there are various kinds of silliness. There is the silliness of
zealoutry and the silliness of amusement. I veer to the latter rather
than the former whereas the JREF lunatics veer to the former rather
than the latter.

As for humour there are two types of funny. There is funny ha-ha and
there is funny peculiar. I also veer to the former and the deranged
twits from JREF certainly veer to the former.

Anyway it may interest you to know that I have had various sceptical
luminaries such as Joe Nickel and Ian Rowland work for me. It appears
that they have to join the devil in order to understand him.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 2, 2005, 8:38:35 AM12/2/05
I like Randi too much to sue him. I met him at Union Station in Toronto
and told him that I was a psychic. He looked utterly delighted and
whispered conspiratorially "we cannot be seen together"

He told me that he was filming in Toronto and he was most upset that
nobody had come to pick him up. I could have told him that would
happen. I am a very psychic person.

I will admit that my powers sometimes fail me. It is not an exact
science. If it were I would have known that his cheque for a million
dollars would bounce.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 2, 2005, 8:42:04 AM12/2/05
If they were intelligent they would have got the joke.
Actually I think they did. They just used the joke to get rid of me
because I was making them all suffer so much. I might just hunt for the
thread in question and post a link to it here for the amusement of
everyone.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 2, 2005, 8:58:24 AM12/2/05
If those twits thought that a remark such as that was serious then they
were quite dead already. Brain dead.

I shall repeat the joke because I sense that you are educated in the
United States of America and by definition of that very fact are not
too bright. It is well known that the US has a rather backward
education system which is THREE YEARS behind that of Her Brittanic
Majesty's Realm of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern
Ireland.

Now here is the joke again. Do pay attention Michael old chap. You are
very inattentive in class and will never learn that way. Now sit up
straight -there's a good chap.

"why don't you blow your brains out? You have nothing to lose"

NOTHING TO LOSE. Do you get it now? Oh dearie me. Let us try again. The
chap is a bit slow.

NOTHING TO LOSE. Now do you understand?

Oh dearie me. This chap really is a lost cause. I shall try again.
NOTHING TO LOSE!!!!!!!

Oh forget it. How does this incompetent expect to be able to debunk
psychics properly if he cannot even understand a joke?

I am afraid that the calibre of sceptics is a trifle lacking in
quality. Perhaps I should join and help them out. I wouldn't mind
debunking a psychic or two. There are a few I don't like. The trouble
is that there is no money in debunking. I am a great believer in the
old saying that there is more money in soothsaying than there is in
truthsaying.

Mind you sceptics aren't much good at telling the truth either. They
might as well become psychics because they tell so many lies. Come to
think of it I believe that more lies come from the sceptics than come
from the psychics.

I shall now prove my powers by giving this humourlesss Michael
personage a reading. He was born at a very early age and as time goes
by he will get older.

There. I have now won the Randi prize for the second time. I expect a
cheque from the bearded one in the next day or two. And it bloody well
better not bounce this time.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 2, 2005, 9:04:26 AM12/2/05
That Corey is a most dastardly person stealing my jokes. I am going to
sue him for it. I know he is scared stiff about that sort of thing.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 11:58:04 AM12/2/05

> I will admit that my powers sometimes fail me. It is not an exact
> science.

It's not a science at all.

> If it were I would have known that his cheque for a million
> dollars would bounce.

But you are claiming that you *do* know that it would, although you have
never been given a cheque for a million dollars by James Randi. So, we have
your claim that it would, but we have no observable confirmation of it,
which seems to be true of your claims to have won the JREF challenge as
well.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 12:05:13 PM12/2/05

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:47:08 -0800, "Tom" <askper...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>>"Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message

>>> Repeated written exhortations for another to kill himself.
>>
>>Was he at all convincing?
>>

> Of course, I can't answer for the interlocutor that he was advising.
>
> But I thought he was 'for real'.
> I mean, really encouraging someone to kill themself, in a most callous
> and off-hand manner.
> He convinced me.

Perhaps you should be less credulous and think more critically.

> I most certainly did not think it was a "joke" at the time.
>
> I still don't, given the entire context and timing of his posts, (that
> is necessarily absent from this discussion), which struck me as coming
> from someone with the mentality of a 13 year old mentally-disturbed
> adolescent male.

It was mean-spirited, to be sure. Many attempts at humor are really
expressions of hostility. Just because it was humor doesn't mean it was
good-humored. Joking is a wonderful defense mechanism for coping with
unpleasant feelings. Some say all jokes serve that purpose in some sense,
but I think that's probably a bit extreme.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 12:17:46 PM12/2/05

> If those twits thought that a remark such as that was serious then they
> were quite dead already. Brain dead.

More jokes, eh?

> I shall repeat the joke

That never works. Ask any stand-up comic who's bombing if repeating the
joke that fell flat is a good way to get the audience back with you.

Study the methods of Johnny Carson. That guy knew how to bomb and still get
a laugh afterwards.

> Oh forget it. How does this incompetent expect to be able to debunk
> psychics properly if he cannot even understand a joke?

That doesn't work either. You can't accuse the audience of being at fault
when your schtick falls flat and still expect them to find you funny.

http://www.stand-upcomedy.com/lib-fear.htm#table

Not the difference between "sense of humor" and "sense of funny".

"A sense of funny is knowing what makes other people laugh. A sense of humor
is what makes you laugh."

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 12:19:18 PM12/2/05

> That Corey is a most dastardly person stealing my jokes. I am going to
> sue him for it. I know he is scared stiff about that sort of thing.

Corey is very similar to you in lots of ways. A particularly striking
similarity is that neither of you actually believes what he says.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 12:25:32 PM12/2/05

> Not Mark Lewis? How very astute of you.

Well first you said you are Mark Lewis and then you said that I would need a
psychic to find out who you are. So, either you are Mark Lewis, as you said
you were, or you are some unknown person who is only pretending to be Mark
Lewis.

> Anyway it may interest you to know that I have had various sceptical
> luminaries such as Joe Nickel and Ian Rowland work for me. It appears
> that they have to join the devil in order to understand him.

I would indeed be interested to know that. However, I very seldom accept
claims without evidence. If you wish to let me know that Joe Nickel and Ian
Rowland work for you, you will have to provide me with verifiable evidence.
Perhaps it's all in how you want to interpret "work for me".

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 12:26:31 PM12/2/05

> If they were intelligent they would have got the joke.

Either that or the joker was stupid.

Will Tingle

Dec 2, 2005, 3:28:07 PM12/2/05
typewriters. Michael Gray <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> said:
>On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:10:10 +0000, Will Tingle
><Wi...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
>>typewriters. murana <kosmi...@gmail.com> said:
>>>ive heard that he doesnt examine certain phenomena because there are
>>>too many people with the ability to do it, such as cloud busting
>>
>>this is a joke, right?
>
>What the poster, or the post?
>The poster is definitely a joke.
>The post is deadly serious, I'm afraid.
>It's typical of the outright lies that these frauds will stoop to in
>order to protect their fragile fantasy worlds.

Okay, to be more specific - listing "cloud busting" as an "ability" -
surly there is no one so retarded as to think small clouds don't just
disperse?

--
Will Tingle

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 2, 2005, 5:02:17 PM12/2/05
You sceptics really are very dogmatic and silly about asking for
"verifiable evidence" all the time. We psychic people are far too busy
to be bothered with that sort of nonsense. Believe me or don't believe
me. I really don't care since I don't give a stuff if you believe me or
not.

Besides has it occured to you that you could simply just ask them?
Rowland was a very young child at the time but just as full of his own
importance as he is now. When I say a young child he was actually 13
years old but he insisted to me that he was only eleven at the time. I
didn't argue the point since I am MARK LEWIS and am therefore
infallible in these matters. Besides I didn't want to get into lots of
chattering about "verifiable evidence"

Rowland doesn't like admitting that he worked for me and goes all
squeamish about it. He keeps insisting that I never paid him but I did.
I wish I bloody hadn't now that he has been on TV exposing methods that
no self respecting psychic would ever use. I have never heard of any
psychic looking at reflections in coffee cups in my life.

As for Joe Nickell he was quite a bit older and in fact was a grown
man. He was wanted by the FBI at the time. See. I know all, see all and
can tell all. He isn't quite such a goody two shoes as you think. And
please don't chatter about "verifiable evidence" or I shall puke. Just
ask him. That should be easy enough even for a sceptic.

As a psychic reverend man of the cloth I know I have to forgive sinners
so I have no objections with working with wanted miscreants. I am truly
a man of compassion and tolerance.

I even forgive all sceptics (except that Cardinal Chunder of course)
since they know not what they do.

As for me being Mark Lewis I am afraid that you didn't read my post
properly so I couldn't be bothered clarifying it for you. People in
class have to pay attention. Besides half the time I hardly know who I
am anyway. Age you know.

mar...@sympatico.ca

Dec 2, 2005, 5:08:09 PM12/2/05
My boy. I don't have to prove anything to you and neither do I wish to.
It doesn't earn me any money. If you were as psychic as I certainly am
you would be able to visualise the cheque.

Go and ask the old buzzard. If he denies it then you must ask for
verifiable evidence of his denial. And don't chatter to me about who
has the burden of proof and that sort of drivel. I really haven't the
time neither do I care.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 5:53:25 PM12/2/05

> You sceptics really are very dogmatic and silly about asking for
> "verifiable evidence" all the time.

Yep, them silly skeptics don't seem to want to believe anything without a
good deal of verifiable evidence for it.

> We psychic people are far too busy
> to be bothered with that sort of nonsense.

Yeah, what a waste of time.

> Believe me or don't believe me.

OK.

Tom

Dec 2, 2005, 5:54:58 PM12/2/05

> My boy. I don't have to prove anything to you and neither do I wish to.

I didn't ask you to prove anything at all. I'm confident that you couldn't
do so even if you *did* want to, so there wouldn't be much point.

Michael Gray

Dec 2, 2005, 5:48:08 PM12/2/05
On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 20:28:07 +0000, Will Tingle
<Wi...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
>typewriters. Michael Gray <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> said:
>>On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:10:10 +0000, Will Tingle
>><Wi...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
>>>
>>>this is a joke, right?
>>
>>What the poster, or the post?
>>The poster is definitely a joke.
>>The post is deadly serious, I'm afraid.
>>It's typical of the outright lies that these frauds will stoop to in
>>order to protect their fragile fantasy worlds.
>
>Okay, to be more specific - listing "cloud busting" as an "ability" -
>surly there is no one so retarded as to think small clouds don't just
>disperse?

I'm pretty sure that "Cloud Busting" refers to converting the vapour
into rain droplets of such character that they reach ground level, not
"dispersing" them.

It is loading more messages.