da Husky's AAC Wrap-up

Duncan da Husky

Jul 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/6/98

Home again, home again...

Well, the flights home went well, and I am back in North Carolina once again.
I know some folks may not have even left Albany yet - my thoughts are with
them, and I hope everyone arrives/arrived home safe. Well, here's the
day-by-day description of Albany Anthrocon '98, from this dog's point of view
(I was going to annotate this with references to Aeto's pictures, but my modem
is too slow and I'm too tired :-) Anyway, here we go:

Friday:
I arrived at the Albany Airport at a little before 4 PM. Calling the hotel,
they said that there should be an unmarked white van out in front of the
terminal that would take me to the Omni. I had just flown in from O'Hare in
Chicago, and couldn't believe there would be only one unmarked white van in
front of the terminal. There was. Albany Airport is that small.

I ran into Ricochet and Boomer the Dog while checking in - they mentioned that
there was a great radio station to listen to during the con - it was called
WYIF. Hmmmm…

I met my roommates, Nrasser and Mirko, in the lobby and we headed up to survey
the room and make plans for the evening. The room was nice, if small for
three, and it faced the fireworks. This last fact would have been useful if we
hadn't been on the third floor, with a large church between us and the Empire
Plaza. Ah well. The lineup for the weekend looked good - lots of interesting
SIGs, the masquerade, and the Purple Nurple Live. We started to head back to
the lobby and found out what we would actually be spending the majority of the
weekend doing: waiting for elevators. The Omni had a bank of four elevators
for seventeen floors, and something in their programming made sure that every
elevator trip necessitated a wait of at least three to five minutes, sometimes
longer if the first few cars that showed up were packed full (an amusing side
note - when too many people got on the elevator, a over-weight warning would
buzz. This made piling into the elevator with a crowd of people an exercise
akin to playing the old game "Operation" - who would be the person to trip the
buzzer?

Registration was amazingly simple, as was checking in as a panelist. My
preregistration had been received and everything was in order. As I wandered
from there for a quick look at the Art Show, I ran into Kimba W. Lion, told me
of a chocoholics meeting taking place up in his family's room. Well, never one
to turn down fine chocolate, I immediately headed up (with the attendant
elevator wait, of course). There, I found I'd hit the alt.lifestyle.furry gold
mine - Robin, Neko, Jinx, Ambergold, Aetobatus, Harry Bear, and others. Robin
served up her "Death by Chocolate" cake, a mere taste of which quickly
rendered me into insensibility. Naturally, I remedied this by taking another
bite (hey, it made sense at the time). Kimba also showed The Tape, the
contents of which are too horrible to go into here except to say that that
ninety seconds were the most traumatic of the con (the worst part being that I
couldn't breath because I was laughing too hard).

While there, I also picked up my "Furry Forever" pins from Aetobatus - folks,
these things are just beautiful. Aeto, you really outdid yourself with these.
I had many people approach me at the con asking, "Ooooh - where can I get one
of those?"

For dinner, Mirko, Foxcar, Arden Scentaur and I headed down to the Big House
brewpub, a few blocks from the hotel - excellent beer to be had there, I might
add. Not terribly useful advice, considering the con's moving to Philadelphia
next year, but if you're ever in Albany, it's worth a visit. Mirko received
several complements on his tail, and a family stopped by and asked to pet it.
As part of our duty as his friends and fellow furs, we of course ribbed him
unmercifully for this.

We came back to the hotel and milled about for a bit, and wound up in the bar
with Ricochet, Boomer, Growtiger and Alterskunk. They had Laphroaig
(single-malt scotch), so it was a good visit. The company was good, the
conversation was good, and I was reminded why cons are great places to go. I
headed to bed early (at around 1).

Saturday:
After sleeping until an astonishingly late 9:00, we headed down and joined
Arden for the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant. Reasonable food, and
not as overpriced like the restaurant at Duckon seemed to be. Arden and I got
together and spent some time planning the Furry Spirituality SIG. I was
nervous as heck about this, but Arden had a lot of good ideas and working with
him I felt that between the two of us we could make this work. We bounced
ideas back and forth and hammered out a framework for the discussion, then
took a break.

At 2 PM, we started the Furry Spirituality SIG. By Aetobatus' count (and
Smokechaser's notebook, maybe?), we packed 55 furs into a meeting room that
would comfortably fit around 20. Of those 55, I'd guess about 20 were regular
contributors or lurkers on alt.lifestyle.furry. Arden and I tried to keep the
discussion on topic and get as much input as possible from everyone gathered
there. Sixty minutes wasn't nearly enough, but we knew that going in, so I had
looked into reserving a room for the next available time when we might be able
to get people together - 11 PM that night. I want to thank everyone who
attended - there was a great "feel" to that room, exactly what I would imagine
a gathering at Homestead would be like.

After the SIG, we headed down to the hot tub for some time to relax. Heaven.
After showers and the usual stops for skritching and hugs (actually going
anywhere at the con necessitated a stop for skritching and hugs - I *like*
this!), we picked up LupusUnus, Ambergold, Harry Bear, and Nrasser and
returned to the Big House brewpub. Lots of food, lots of great company, more
good beer. Life is good. We tried to get out by 8 PM, when the masquerade
started, but in spite of our best efforts (included quick-stepping back
through the driving rain that had come up while we were eating), we didn't get
back to the hotel until ten after. I figured "No problem, things never start
on time at cons."

The masquerade had, of course, started on time (Ron, how the heck did y'all
manage that feat, anyway?). I stayed for a bit, but it more of a show-and-tell
then the skit-type show that had been put on at Duckon. Things seemed to move
a bit slow, unfortunately (not to knock anyone - things seemed a bit chaotic
in the fursuit preparation area, which probably was part of the problem).
There was even a wedding between Wayd Wolf and French, which earned a hearty
cheer from all there. I ducked out early and went and hung out in the Yiffnet
Lounge for a while, since the fireworks were rained out and postponed until
Sunday night.

Unbeknownst to me, following the masquerade, Aetobatus ran several trips
between the registration area and the lobby to secure a room for the informal
spirituality discussion that evening. I'm still a little unclear on everything
that happened, but he managed to secure an excellent room - thanks for that,
Aeto! Arden and Aeto headed up the discussion that picked up at 11 PM -I'll
leave the description of what happened there up to them, since I was ducking
in and out through the evening. In short, though, I heard that some 35 furs
attended and the discussion ran from 11 PM until 3:30 AM. Wow. Great job,
guys.

Where was I during this? Playing hooky at the Purple Nurple Live. For those
unfamiliar with Furrymuck (which, actually, would include me :-), The Purple
Nurple is the gay/lesbian dance club there. Cargo DJ'ed this live version, and
the sound and light system were great. The music ranged a fair bit - some
songs were great (TMBG's "Istanbul No Constatinople"), some weren't so great
(c'mon, the Bay City Rollers?), and some were just downright strange (a
country rave-up cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Closer"?). A good show all around,
though.

The rest of the night was spent talking to friends, skritching, more
skritching, and more talking. I even got to visit that paragon of
broadcasting, Gush Limbarge. Be sure to keep a lookout for his capsule
description of AAC98 - I'd like to see about getting that on line if I can.
Sleep came after listening to Gush sign off for the evening, around 5 AM.

Sunday:
Too damn early. Woke up at 8 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Nrasser and I
jumped into his car (the Daytona From Hell :-) and drove until we found an
interesting little diner. Had breakfast there and enjoyed the ambience, such
as it was. We stopped on the way back and he took some pictures of the
interesting architecture of downtown Albany (the NY State House is gorgeous).
Back to the con, where I *finally* got a chance to visit the Art Show and the
Dealer's Room. Beautiful stuff in the Art Show, but all 'way out of my range
(I still want that raven and fox picture, "The Fox and the Cheese," but $1,200
is a bit rich for me). I picked up a copy of "Extinctioners" #1 and
commissioned a badge from one of the artists there (she drew Duncan da Husky
with more Steel than Balto to him, though I lean to the opposite. Ah well - it
was five bucks, and it's still a good picture).

Grabbed a quick nap, then went down and met the folks assembling in the lobby
for the dinner trip to Outback Steakhouse. We managed to get thirty-some furs
divided between six vehicles and out the door in ten minutes - folks, that has
*got* to be a new land-speed record. A fur whose name I didn't catch (sorry!)
even had the forethought to get written directions to the place from the front
desk. Dinner was a blast, and we wrapped up just as the Yiffnet furs started
to come in - good timing. By going early, we also missed all of the traffic
for the fireworks, which apparently totally snarled things for those returning
later.

In spite of our room location, a couple of us watched the fireworks from the
third floor anyway, seeing them around the church steeple and reflected
beautifully in the windows of the Empire Center. After the fireworks, we
headed down for the Doctor Demento Party (and Nutella Orgy). Again, great
company, lots of fun conversation. I headed up to bed sort of early (around
midnight), after many good-byes and hugs and skritches (did I mention that I
like hugs and skritches?).

What a great con. Yeah, I wish I'd gone to some of the SIGs, but I always
seemed to be in the middle of something else when any of the discussions that
looked good came up. Seeing all of my friends, and making new friends - that's
what made the con for me.

A word about the con organization - I can pay the con organizers the highest
compliment: the workings of the con were pretty much transparent. I never saw
any frantic discussions, reschedulings, or really any problems at all. These
things might have happened, but if they did they were handled well and out of
sight of this con-goer, at least. Well done, folks - just an amazing job. Next
year, Anthrocon '99 will take place in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, just
outside of Philadelphia. Barring any unforeseen difficulty, you can count on
this husky to be there. In the meantime, I hope to see many of you at Mephit
Furmeet on Labor Day Weekend in Memphis, TN!
(http://www.mindspring.com/~dpickett1/mfm.html)

-Duncan da Husky, who will now go and sleep for a week

Tom Brady tab...@mindspring.com http://www.technomancer.com/~duncan
Furry: Duncan da Husky SCA: Duncan MacKinnon of Tobermory
"You must be able to grasp a point before you can make one." - Clay Bond

Aetobatus

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98

Well, seeing as I am not leaving Albany until tommorow (Tuesday)
morning, and I think I'm about the only fur left out here, I'll give a
mini-report in reply to Duncan's message. Since I am typing on a
palmtop with its tiny characters and smaller keyboard, I'll probably
hold off on the full report. Maybe I'll write it on the plane ride home...

On Mon, 06 Jul 1998 23:11:53 GMT, Duncan da Husky <tab...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Well, the flights home went well, and I am back in North Carolina once again.
>I know some folks may not have even left Albany yet - my thoughts are with

*Aeto raises his hand*

>weekend doing: waiting for elevators. The Omni had a bank of four elevators
>for seventeen floors, and something in their programming made sure that every
>elevator trip necessitated a wait of at least three to five minutes, sometimes
>longer if the first few cars that showed up were packed full (an amusing side

It is kind of amazing, though... Today, (with 500 less people) the
elevators are actually fast. I got to lobby A and back in around 4 minutes!!!

>note - when too many people got on the elevator, a over-weight warning would
>buzz. This made piling into the elevator with a crowd of people an exercise
>akin to playing the old game "Operation" - who would be the person to trip the
>buzzer?

*bzzzzzzt* Don't forget the one which would tend to miss floors by
around 5 or 6 inches.

>Registration was amazingly simple, as was checking in as a panelist. My
>preregistration had been received and everything was in order. As I wandered

Wellll... There were some delays on Thursday, but, yeah, it did go
very well!

>served up her "Death by Chocolate" cake, a mere taste of which quickly

Let's just say the ALF folk ate well, huh?

>bite (hey, it made sense at the time). Kimba also showed The Tape, the
>contents of which are too horrible to go into here except to say that that
>ninety seconds were the most traumatic of the con (the worst part being that I
>couldn't breath because I was laughing too hard).

Yeah, but how many times did you see it? I think I managed 4 or 5
viewings at least. It was pretty amazing, all in all.

>While there, I also picked up my "Furry Forever" pins from Aetobatus - folks,
>these things are just beautiful. Aeto, you really outdid yourself with these.
>I had many people approach me at the con asking, "Ooooh - where can I get one
>of those?"

Awwww... Thanks! Just as a note to everyone, for all practical
purposes, they are gone. I'll be doing another run, though, and will
keep everyone updates...

>next year, but if you're ever in Albany, it's worth a visit. Mirko received
>several complements on his tail, and a family stopped by and asked to pet it.
>As part of our duty as his friends and fellow furs, we of course ribbed him
>unmercifully for this.

And I wasn't there with my camera... :< Sounds like quite the
experience, though!

>At 2 PM, we started the Furry Spirituality SIG. By Aetobatus' count (and
>Smokechaser's notebook, maybe?), we packed 55 furs into a meeting room that
>would comfortably fit around 20. Of those 55, I'd guess about 20 were regular

Actually, it was 50, but there were 5 or so folks who wandered in and
out throughout the meeting.

>back to the hotel until ten after. I figured "No problem, things never start
>on time at cons."
>
>The masquerade had, of course, started on time (Ron, how the heck did y'all
>manage that feat, anyway?). I stayed for a bit, but it more of a show-and-tell

I helped Ron a bit with setting up, and largely, it was due to
following the good old KISS principle. He did a remarkable job of
getting everything ready, though, certainly.

>Unbeknownst to me, following the masquerade, Aetobatus ran several trips
>between the registration area and the lobby to secure a room for the informal
>spirituality discussion that evening. I'm still a little unclear on everything
>that happened, but he managed to secure an excellent room - thanks for that,
>Aeto! Arden and Aeto headed up the discussion that picked up at 11 PM -I'll
>leave the description of what happened there up to them, since I was ducking
>in and out through the evening. In short, though, I heard that some 35 furs
>attended and the discussion ran from 11 PM until 3:30 AM. Wow. Great job,
>guys.

In short, we spent 4 1/2 hours having everyone introduce themself. We
branched off into lots of different sidebars, and generally had a
great time. There was also no shortage of food; we had oreos, bugles,
nutella, and, of course, the fudge. If I make it to Further Confusion
(which I intend to do), I'm planning something similar, in fact.
I will say that we got around 35 people there, scheduled against the
Purple Nurple, which is a bit impressive in my opinion. (And I'll say
more about what we talked about and how it ran in a later post)

>Dealer's Room. Beautiful stuff in the Art Show, but all 'way out of my range
>(I still want that raven and fox picture, "The Fox and the Cheese," but $1,200

I had a chance to speak a bit to Dale Farmer, and he mentioned it has
been in the show for 3 years. Save up your money folks!!!

Aeto, tired of typing on this
teeny keyboard. I'll send
more later.

--
Aetobatus, Kelekona a'a o' O'ahu, Hawai'i. http://www.lava.net/~aetobat/
Keeper of Alfandria, THE social Dragon MUCK.

Siberwlf62

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98

Duncan Da Husky wrote:
>Next
>year, Anthrocon '99 will take place in King of Prussia, >Pennsylvania, just
>outside of Philadelphia.

Minor correction. The con will be in Valley Forge, PA, not K of P. At least
that's what my registration form (yes, folks, they are being handed out
already!) says.
Nice re-cap, Duncan. I think you captured the essence of the Con in your
post.

Siberwolf /\ /\
= o o =

ar...@hotmail.com

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98

Arden Scentaur wrote:
In article <6nrlnp$gou$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>,
tab...@mindspring.com (Duncan da Husky) wrote:

> Home again, home again...

> Friday:
> I arrived at the Albany Airport at a little before 4 PM. Calling the hotel,
> they said that there should be an unmarked white van out in front...<snip>

Hey, was that the same unmarked white van with the little satelite dish on
top, like the one parked outside the hotel on Sunday with the two
dark,headphone wearing suits sitting in the back? Gothic, Nine-Inch Nail
fans, maybe?

> I ran into Ricochet and Boomer the Dog while checking in - they mentioned that
> there was a great radio station to listen to during the con - it was called
> WYIF. Hmmmm…

> <snip> We started to head back to

> the lobby and found out what we would actually be spending the majority of the
> weekend doing: waiting for elevators. The Omni had a bank of four elevators
> for seventeen floors, and something in their programming made sure that every
> elevator trip necessitated a wait of at least three to five minutes, sometimes
> longer if the first few cars that showed up were packed full (an amusing side
> note - when too many people got on the elevator, a over-weight warning would
> buzz.

Buzz, yes. And in the case of that corner elevator:

...Bouncy....bouncy...bouncy....
...Squeek....squeek...squeek....!

> Kimba also showed The Tape, the
> contents of which are too horrible to go into here except to say that that
> ninety seconds were the most traumatic of the con (the worst part being that I
> couldn't breath because I was laughing too hard).

Yes, yes. The Tape. Now, please everyone, don't mention/giggle/respond with
The Song. Please. I've already drilled 3 holes in my head over the morning to
let it out. Don't know how long the batteries in the Makita are gonna last at
this rate.

You *know* what song I'm talkin' about <g>.

> While there, I also picked up my "Furry Forever" pins from Aetobatus - folks,
> these things are just beautiful. Aeto, you really outdid yourself with these.
> I had many people approach me at the con asking, "Ooooh - where can I get one
> of those?"

Yep, those those things are just super. Prolly the nicest pins around at the
con. Like Duncan, I must have had 12 people ask me where I got my pins.
Thought I was doing Aeto a fav by pointing him out...but I soon realized he
had already been totally buzzed by Furs waving $3 bills. Ah, the terrible
price of success.

<Arden, who is contemplating drilling another hole because of DejaNews'
wonderful newsgroup coverage. Ack!! I need a real ISP!!!!!! (again)>

Allen Kitchen

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98

Duncan da Husky <tab...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<6nrlnp$gou$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>...
> Home again, home again...

Glad you are all back safe and sound.

Oh! I read that book "Bimbos of the Death Sun". Very funny.
But not the plot I had in mind at all, so I may write that
furry screenplay yet :)

To everyone: I'm very happy you are all back, and
that you all had so much fun. I hope to join you all
for AAC next year, and MFM this year. Save some
of that Nutella for me: I've never tried it...

Allen Kitchen (shockwave)
http://www.blkbox.com/~osprey/

Micole Khemarrica

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
Siberwlf62 wrote:

> Duncan Da Husky wrote:
> >Next
> >year, Anthrocon '99 will take place in King of Prussia, >Pennsylvania, just
> >outside of Philadelphia.
>
> Minor correction. The con will be in Valley Forge, PA, not K of P. At least
> that's what my registration form (yes, folks, they are being handed out
> already!) says.
> Nice re-cap, Duncan. I think you captured the essence of the Con in your
> post.

The fact of the matter is that King of Prussia and Valley Forge are
essentially the same area with two different names. The hotel is called
the Valley Forge Hilton, but the address is in King of Prussia!

ermine (who knows the area curtesy of Kagemushi)
[Undo the Knot to Reply.]

Chris Johnson

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
In article <slrn6q317p....@malasada.lava.net>,

aet...@nospam.lava.net (Aetobatus) wrote:
> In short, we spent 4 1/2 hours having everyone introduce themself. We
> branched off into lots of different sidebars, and generally had a
> great time. There was also no shortage of food; we had oreos, bugles,
> nutella, and, of course, the fudge. If I make it to Further Confusion
> (which I intend to do), I'm planning something similar, in fact.
> I will say that we got around 35 people there, scheduled against the
> Purple Nurple, which is a bit impressive in my opinion. (And I'll say
> more about what we talked about and how it ran in a later post)

aHA!
Now I know why I didn't make the ALF non-time-limited-rematch.
This feline was dancing his tail off until his paws were worn to
nubbins at the Nurple dance! :) which, if you consider that I'd never
have felt free enough to do that before, does have a relation to my
spirituality. My version of spirituality is the one that includes dancing
kitties having fun ;)

Jinx_tigr, getting back into the ALF posting after the con. Hi
everybody! I think I'm going to be hunting down that email-registration
furry news server *riffles through dejanews for the info* so I can
actually get the posts. This one loses most of them :)
It'll be interesting seeing how much of my con I can report on :)

Duncan da Husky

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
In article <6nu295$7ep$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, Arden wrote (quoting me):

>Hey, was that the same unmarked white van with the little satelite dish on
>top, like the one parked outside the hotel on Sunday with the two
>dark,headphone wearing suits sitting in the back? Gothic, Nine-Inch Nail
>fans, maybe?

Nah, those were just the (wait for it...) Furs in Black. They kept talking
about looking at some flashlight, but I kept ignoring them. I think...

>>(an amusing side
>> note - when too many people got on the elevator, a over-weight warning would
>> buzz.

>Buzz, yes. And in the case of that corner elevator:

>....Bouncy....bouncy...bouncy....
>....Squeek....squeek...squeek....!

Ah. That must've been the one that had that little alignment problem. ("We are
now at the 6 7/8 floor! Everyone off!")

>Yes, yes. The Tape. Now, please everyone, don't mention/giggle/respond with
>The Song. Please. I've already drilled 3 holes in my head over the morning to
>let it out. Don't know how long the batteries in the Makita are gonna last at
>this rate.
>
>You *know* what song I'm talkin' about <g>.

Indeed I do. I now have The Song on a tape that Barbarian sent me as well as
from Kimba's (fantastic) mix tape, "Turn It Up!" And you know, Badger said he
can make MP3's from cassette recordings. Heh heh heh.

-Duncan da Husky, who *finally* caught up with all the postings

Siberwlf62

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
>The fact of the matter is that King of Prussia and Valley >Forge are
>essentially the same area with two different names. The >hotel is called
>the Valley Forge Hilton, but the address is in King of >Prussia!

Well, they are next to each other. I lived in that area for a number of
years. My correction was mainly in case people should try to travel via PA
turnpike to the con. If folks are thinking of King of Prussia- which is one
exit- when they want to go to Valley Forge- which is a different one- (or vice
versa) they could get pretty lost. There are a couple of intersecting highways
and several major shopping centers, and some vague signs, so traffic is often a
mess. Turning around is a bit tricky there, and not direct.
I do hope they send out excellent directions for this con. : )

Dale Farmer

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
Aetobatus <aet...@nospam.lava.net> wrote:

:>Dealer's Room. Beautiful stuff in the Art Show, but all 'way out of my range

:>(I still want that raven and fox picture, "The Fox and the Cheese," but $1,200

: I had a chance to speak a bit to Dale Farmer, and he mentioned it has
: been in the show for 3 years. Save up your money folks!!!

Hey! That's me! I am not sure how long that picture has been
around, but it has been at least two years. I first remember seeing in
at a con in February 97.

--Dale

ps. Most excellent pins. Well done Aeto!

Dale Farmer Dale at accessdotdigex.net Personal opinion. Sudbury, Mass.
"Free the ISO 9000!" --Nomi Burstein

Jim Lane

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
Allen Kitchen wrote:
> ...I hope to join you all

> for AAC next year, and MFM this year. Save some
> of that Nutella for me: I've never tried it...

*****!! (...huh?...) !!*****

Allen, you've never tried NUTELLA---!?!? Does that mean I gotta lug a
jug of it up from the Scorched State?

Jim

Skytech

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
Siberwlf62 wrote:

> Duncan Da Husky wrote:
> >Next
> >year, Anthrocon '99 will take place in King of Prussia, >Pennsylvania, just
> >outside of Philadelphia.
>
> Minor correction. The con will be in Valley Forge, PA, not K of P. At least
> that's what my registration form (yes, folks, they are being handed out
> already!) says.
> Nice re-cap, Duncan. I think you captured the essence of the Con in your post.

I believe the Hilton lies in KoP while Valley Forge is on the other side
of town. It's right next to Valley Forge Plaza, also in KoP.

*BLISS*

How do I get a registration or do I need one to walk in?
--
La kashigada vulpo
Skytech

^^
<@@>
.D

Andrija Popovic

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
In article <01bda9a1$e61f1f30$8f301bc6@spgspare>, "Allen Kitchen"
<all...@blkbox.com> wrote:

> Duncan da Husky <tab...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
> <6nrlnp$gou$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>...
> > Home again, home again...
>
> Glad you are all back safe and sound.
>
> Oh! I read that book "Bimbos of the Death Sun". Very funny.
> But not the plot I had in mind at all, so I may write that
> furry screenplay yet :)

The sequal, "Zombies of the Gene Pool" takes on the old-style SF fans as
well. Frankly, I fear what she'd do with a furry con. "It could have been
anyone under that costume!"

> Allen Kitchen (shockwave)
> http://www.blkbox.com/~osprey/

Andrian

--
Andrija Popovic (vu...@concentric.net)
http://www.concentric.net/~vuk6/index.html

Andrija Popovic

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
In article <35A24AEF...@SamePlace.com>, Khr...@KnotInOrbit.com wrote:

> Siberwlf62 wrote:
> >
> > Duncan Da Husky wrote:

> > >Next
> > >year, Anthrocon '99 will take place in King of Prussia, >Pennsylvania, just
> > >outside of Philadelphia.
> >

> > Minor correction. The con will be in Valley Forge, PA, not K of P.
At least
> > that's what my registration form (yes, folks, they are being handed out
> > already!) says.
> > Nice re-cap, Duncan. I think you captured the essence of the Con in your
> > post.
>

> The fact of the matter is that King of Prussia and Valley Forge are
> essentially the same area with two different names. The hotel is called
> the Valley Forge Hilton, but the address is in King of Prussia!

Either way, it's near my old college bus route. Which is why I'll be glad
to actually drive there for once. :)

> ermine (who knows the area curtesy of Kagemushi)

Andrian

ArcPheonix

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98
hopfuly next year i'll make it to the AAC, my moving experiance kinda drowned
me in extra bills so i was stuck in the house most of this month.....

hopfuly i can atleast stay up on my postings to...

arc the Phoenix with a sore rump ...cuz he just can't stop kicking himself
over missing the AAC

.
Arcanix - The resident Pheonix
http://members.aol.com/ArcPheonix/main.html
"look to nature for your answers in life for you will find none better than
mother earth as your guide"

Allen Kitchen

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98

Duncan da Husky <tab...@mindspring.com> wrote in article

<6nu63s$qvr$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>...

> Indeed I do. I now have The Song on a tape that Barbarian sent me as well
as
> from Kimba's (fantastic) mix tape, "Turn It Up!" And you know, Badger
said he
> can make MP3's from cassette recordings. Heh heh heh.

somebody PLEASE bring that tape to MFM. While I'm not
a feline, I do have a strong curious streak in me. I've got
to hear this tape that can send ALFers into fits of histerics
in under 90 seconds.

Allen Kitchen (shockwave)

Duncan da Husky

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98
In article <01bdaa71$bda93010$8f301bc6@spgspare>, Allen Kitchen wrote
(quoting me):

>> Indeed I do. I now have The Song on a tape that Barbarian sent me as well
>as
>> from Kimba's (fantastic) mix tape, "Turn It Up!" And you know, Badger
>said he
>> can make MP3's from cassette recordings. Heh heh heh.
>
>somebody PLEASE bring that tape to MFM. While I'm not
>a feline, I do have a strong curious streak in me. I've got
>to hear this tape that can send ALFers into fits of histerics
>in under 90 seconds.

Actually, there's two tapes - Kimba's mix tape (with The Song on it), and the
90-second video tape. Kimba, if y'all aren't going to be at Memphis, could I
possibly get a copy of the video for the abuse, er, edification of our fellow
furs there?

-Duncan da Husky, who planted The Song in Badger's head last night

"Wearing my mask, yay! ..."

Badger

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Duncan da Husky wrote:

> In article <01bdaa71$bda93010$8f301bc6@spgspare>, Allen Kitchen wrote
> (quoting me):
> >> Indeed I do. I now have The Song on a tape that Barbarian sent me as well
> >as
> >> from Kimba's (fantastic) mix tape, "Turn It Up!" And you know, Badger
> >said he
> >> can make MP3's from cassette recordings. Heh heh heh.
> >
> >somebody PLEASE bring that tape to MFM. While I'm not
> >a feline, I do have a strong curious streak in me. I've got
> >to hear this tape that can send ALFers into fits of histerics
> >in under 90 seconds.
>
> Actually, there's two tapes - Kimba's mix tape (with The Song on it), and the
> 90-second video tape. Kimba, if y'all aren't going to be at Memphis, could I
> possibly get a copy of the video for the abuse, er, edification of our fellow
> furs there?
>
> -Duncan da Husky, who planted The Song in Badger's head last night
>
> "Wearing my mask, yay! ..."

Gee, who knew that such a sadistic streak lurked behind the Baltoid
appearance of da Husky? :)

In the interests of destroying the world one mind at a time, I will also
suggest that a 90-second videotape can be converted into a Quicktime movie
file :).

Badger, finding suppressing The Song an...interesting...exercise in mental
discipline
bad...@netwharf.com

Allen Kitchen

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98

Andrija Popovic <vu...@concentric.net> wrote in article
<vuk6-08079...@ts006d41.per-md.concentric.net>...

> In article <01bda9a1$e61f1f30$8f301bc6@spgspare>, "Allen Kitchen"
> <all...@blkbox.com> wrote:

> > Oh! I read that book "Bimbos of the Death Sun". Very funny.
> > But not the plot I had in mind at all, so I may write that
> > furry screenplay yet :)
>
> The sequal, "Zombies of the Gene Pool" takes on the old-style SF fans as
> well. Frankly, I fear what she'd do with a furry con. "It could have been
> anyone under that costume!"

It all started when someone asked if it was possible to create
a screenplay featuring a furry con. I came up with a plot device,
and Duncan said it reminded him of "Zombies".

At first, my heart sank. I can't write anything without someone saying
it's like this book or that (usually stories I've never heard of). But I
felt better
when I found that "Zombies" had won the 1998 Edgar Alan Poe award for
mystery writers... I don't mind being compared thus :)

But that story has quite a different plot than I have invented. Thus,
I may oneday actually write it. Right after I do "Lyanthorpe" (my
comic story) and get off my ass and get my EIT. In other words, it
is hardly on a burner at all. Just a mental exercise, but a fun one.

Incidently, some of the gags in "Zombies" left me rolling on the floor.
Couple gets married in Star Trek costumes, and somebody wonders
if the groom will boldly go where no man has gone before. I haven't
had a laugh that hearty in ages. :)

sta...@my-dejanews.com

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98

> Duncan da Husky <tab...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
> <6nu63s$qvr$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>...
>
> > Indeed I do. I now have The Song on a tape that Barbarian sent me as well
> as
> > from Kimba's (fantastic) mix tape, "Turn It Up!" And you know, Badger
> said he
> > can make MP3's from cassette recordings. Heh heh heh.
>
> somebody PLEASE bring that tape to MFM. While I'm not
> a feline, I do have a strong curious streak in me. I've got
> to hear this tape that can send ALFers into fits of histerics
> in under 90 seconds.
>
> Allen Kitchen (shockwave)

Ok.... What is this Tape... As one who didn't go to AAC.... And Has not a
clue about the tape... "WHAT THE HEL* is this tape"? :-) Audio or video What
is it about.. Heck.. if someone would send me a copy, i could Convert it to
Real Audio/Video format..

Chris Johnson

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98
In article <6nvufv$qk0$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>, tab...@mindspring.com

(Duncan da Husky) wrote:
> >somebody PLEASE bring that tape to MFM. While I'm not
> >a feline, I do have a strong curious streak in me. I've got
> >to hear this tape that can send ALFers into fits of histerics
> >in under 90 seconds.

> Actually, there's two tapes - Kimba's mix tape (with The Song on it), and the

> 90-second video tape. Kimba, if y'all aren't going to be at Memphis, could I
> possibly get a copy of the video for the abuse, er, edification of our fellow
> furs there?
> -Duncan da Husky, who planted The Song in Badger's head last night
> "Wearing my mask, yay! ..."

Oh yes- _that_ song! :)
"Don't trust me with your personal stuff..."
*hehehe*
"Lookin' like a bear- yay."
*hehehe*

The raccoons at the con were cool, too! Why is it that I got this
powerful sense of 'hey, that's a raccoon!' from them? Alex had some subtle
'mask' makeup (or was that just him?) but the albino one didn't, and
_still_ just seemed like a raccoon somehow. Mysteries of life :)

Jinx_tigr, whose grandma Aili was a raccoon, and I wish I could play
her that song :) but anyway I just _know_ she'd have loved it :)
(aka Chris Johnson)

D. Jean Cooper

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98
sta...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> > Duncan da Husky <tab...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
> > <6nu63s$qvr$1...@crucigera.fysh.org>...
> >
> > > Indeed I do. I now have The Song on a tape that Barbarian sent me as well
> > as
> > > from Kimba's (fantastic) mix tape, "Turn It Up!" And you know, Badger
> > said he
> > > can make MP3's from cassette recordings. Heh heh heh.
> >
> > somebody PLEASE bring that tape to MFM. While I'm not
> > a feline, I do have a strong curious streak in me. I've got
> > to hear this tape that can send ALFers into fits of histerics
> > in under 90 seconds.
> >
> > Allen Kitchen (shockwave)
> >

> Ok.... What is this Tape... As one who didn't go to AAC.... And Has not a
> clue about the tape... "WHAT THE HEL* is this tape"? :-) Audio or video What
> is it about.. Heck.. if someone would send me a copy, i could Convert it to
> Real Audio/Video format..

Aaah, yes, The Tape. Video. If older ALFers remember discussions about
the TeleTubbies earlier this spring..... <Ggggg> If one were to talk to
Kimba and Neko about this fiendish thing, you'll be able to get a tape of
it. AND IT WAS ALL *NEKO'S* FAULT!!!!!!! Hideous, mind-twisted cat-mage.

Kimba started to tape a show of the Tubbies. Neko, twisted as he was, saw
something about a small dance-scene. Ran up to his bedroom and grabbed a
music CD. Qued it up and had Kimba roll the tape. They did it a second
time, and recorded it with the music. I won't tell you another thing about
it, because it ***has*** to be seen to be believed. If anyfur who was at
AAC missed it, you must be assimilated.<VEG>

Hysterics in under 90 seconds, Shockwave? Try 15 seconds. Once they
started dancing to the music Neko dubbed over the Tubbies tune, you were
rolling on the floor, tears streaming down your muzzle. No lie. It fit.
And that's where Neko's evil lays. I pray the world never has to deal with
him when he gets these *great* ideas.... -Walk in Balance

Ambergold Wolfeyes (who is having to fight down a case of the giggles)
SCA: Lady Aelfreda O'Llyn Ewig
--
D.Jean Cooper (remove the obvious below)
dco...@diespammage.inav.net

Arden Scentaur

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
Arden Scentaur wrote:
Duncan da Husky wrote:

> Actually, there's two tapes - Kimba's mix tape (with The Song on it), and the
> 90-second video tape. Kimba, if y'all aren't going to be at Memphis, could I
> possibly get a copy of the video for the abuse, er, edification of our fellow
> furs there?
>
> -Duncan da Husky, who planted The Song in Badger's head last night

> "Wearing my mask, yay! ..."

Noooo...noooooo....nooooooo you don't! That tape is more deadly than the
Anthrax virus. Releasing it at random amongst the Furs shall not be
done, unless mass, uncontrolable hysteria and ranting is desired :)

Poor Badger.

<Arden, who's ISP is back up and running after 3 weeks. Yay!!...>

> Tom Brady tab...@mindspring.com http://www.technomancer.com/~duncan
> Furry: Duncan da Husky SCA: Duncan MacKinnon of Tobermory
> "You must be able to grasp a point before you can make one." - Clay Bond

--

(\-/)_ ArdenScentaur
< . . `; -. Ardenno...@hotmail.comspam
(v_,)' _ ) http://www.geocities.com/area51/cavern/2412/
_.- _.._/ /
((,.-' (((/

K. Xydexx Jorgensen

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
ar...@hotmail.com wrote:
> ...Bouncy....bouncy...bouncy....
> ...Squeek....squeek...squeek....!

Hey, that's _my_ job...

Rev. Xydexx Squeakypony, K.S.C. [ICQ: 7569393]
"What can you do with it? It's like a lot of yaks jumping
about." - Sir Thomas Beecham on Beethoven's Seventh Symphony

Badger

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Arden Scentaur wrote:

> Arden Scentaur wrote:
> Duncan da Husky wrote:
>
> > Actually, there's two tapes - Kimba's mix tape (with The Song on it), and the
> > 90-second video tape. Kimba, if y'all aren't going to be at Memphis, could I
> > possibly get a copy of the video for the abuse, er, edification of our fellow
> > furs there?
> >
> > -Duncan da Husky, who planted The Song in Badger's head last night
>
> > "Wearing my mask, yay! ..."
>
> Noooo...noooooo....nooooooo you don't! That tape is more deadly than the
> Anthrax virus. Releasing it at random amongst the Furs shall not be
> done, unless mass, uncontrolable hysteria and ranting is desired :)
>
> Poor Badger.

Don't cry for me, Arden. I can now go minutes at a time without hearing an
insipid "Yay!" And I thought da Husky was my friend....

Badger, wondering if he can get his friends to cover The Song for
their next album.... (the Song is apparently an audio virus)
bad...@netwharf.com

Andrija Popovic

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
In article <01bdaaaa$5f0c0f30$8f301bc6@spgspare>, "Allen Kitchen"
<all...@blkbox.com> wrote:

> Andrija Popovic <vu...@concentric.net> wrote in article
> <vuk6-08079...@ts006d41.per-md.concentric.net>...
> > In article <01bda9a1$e61f1f30$8f301bc6@spgspare>, "Allen Kitchen"
> > <all...@blkbox.com> wrote:
>
> > > Oh! I read that book "Bimbos of the Death Sun". Very funny.
> > > But not the plot I had in mind at all, so I may write that
> > > furry screenplay yet :)
> >
> > The sequal, "Zombies of the Gene Pool" takes on the old-style SF fans as
> > well. Frankly, I fear what she'd do with a furry con. "It could have been
> > anyone under that costume!"
>
> It all started when someone asked if it was possible to create
> a screenplay featuring a furry con. I came up with a plot device,
> and Duncan said it reminded him of "Zombies".
>
> At first, my heart sank. I can't write anything without someone saying
> it's like this book or that (usually stories I've never heard of). But I
> felt better
> when I found that "Zombies" had won the 1998 Edgar Alan Poe award for
> mystery writers... I don't mind being compared thus :)

The mystery writers loved that book. The Science Fiction fans wanted to
kill Sharyn Mcrumb for portraying them as obsessed no-life idiots crying
over the death D&D characters, or cliquy SF junkies wondering if fans are
Lanthenides or no... :)

> But that story has quite a different plot than I have invented. Thus,
> I may oneday actually write it. Right after I do "Lyanthorpe" (my
> comic story) and get off my ass and get my EIT. In other words, it
> is hardly on a burner at all. Just a mental exercise, but a fun one.

I could never parse writing mysteries. Guess I'm just not designed for them.

> Incidently, some of the gags in "Zombies" left me rolling on the floor.
> Couple gets married in Star Trek costumes, and somebody wonders
> if the groom will boldly go where no man has gone before. I haven't
> had a laugh that hearty in ages. :)

<smile> That one was from "Bimbo" and it got me rolling, too. Like I said,
I fear what she'd do to Furry fandom...

> Allen Kitchen (shockwave)

Allen Kitchen

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98

Andrija Popovic <vu...@concentric.net> wrote in article

<vuk6-10079...@ts003d21.per-md.concentric.net>...

> In article <01bdaaaa$5f0c0f30$8f301bc6@spgspare>, "Allen Kitchen"
> <all...@blkbox.com> wrote:
> The mystery writers loved that book. The Science Fiction fans wanted to
> kill Sharyn Mcrumb for portraying them as obsessed no-life idiots crying
> over the death D&D characters, or cliquy SF junkies wondering if fans are
> Lanthenides or no... :)

The characters in the book seemed right on the money
to me :) At least, that's how I vaguely recall my short
sci-fi con days in the early 80s. What I mostly remember
is someone saying repeatedly "Get mr. Ellison a drink!"

> <smile> That one was from "Bimbo" and it got me rolling, too. Like I
said,
> I fear what she'd do to Furry fandom...

Ah, yes. I have trouble with names. sorry, bimbo it was. *blush*
And I too would be worried about how she'd portray furry. But
then again, such a book would be highly entertaining.

"Can you describe the murderer?"
"Yes. He was about 6 foot tall, had a tail, and..."
"Excuse me. Did you say he had a tail?!"
"Yes, I did. I guess that lets Lynx and Rael off the hook, doesn't it?"
"Maybe. Did the killer say anything?"
"Not in costume. It's against the rules."
"Just how many costumers ARE there in this hotel?"
"Oh, I don't know. A hundred or so, maybe."
*shakes head morosely*
"One year till retirement. One year till retirement.
One year till retirement..."

Andrija Popovic

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
In article <01bdab33$4d6c58f0$8f301bc6@spgspare>, "Allen Kitchen"
<all...@blkbox.com> wrote:

> Andrija Popovic <vu...@concentric.net> wrote in article
> <vuk6-10079...@ts003d21.per-md.concentric.net>...
> > In article <01bdaaaa$5f0c0f30$8f301bc6@spgspare>, "Allen Kitchen"
> > <all...@blkbox.com> wrote:
> > The mystery writers loved that book. The Science Fiction fans wanted to
> > kill Sharyn Mcrumb for portraying them as obsessed no-life idiots crying
> > over the death D&D characters, or cliquy SF junkies wondering if fans are
> > Lanthenides or no... :)
>
> The characters in the book seemed right on the money
> to me :) At least, that's how I vaguely recall my short
> sci-fi con days in the early 80s. What I mostly remember
> is someone saying repeatedly "Get mr. Ellison a drink!"

Oh, yes, the author in that book was based on Ellison, in behavior, and
Moorcock in literature. :)

> > <smile> That one was from "Bimbo" and it got me rolling, too. Like I
> said,
> > I fear what she'd do to Furry fandom...
>
> Ah, yes. I have trouble with names. sorry, bimbo it was. *blush*
> And I too would be worried about how she'd portray furry. But
> then again, such a book would be highly entertaining.

<smile> Sokay. I've read both those books cover to cover, at least three times.

> "Can you describe the murderer?"
> "Yes. He was about 6 foot tall, had a tail, and..."
> "Excuse me. Did you say he had a tail?!"
> "Yes, I did. I guess that lets Lynx and Rael off the hook, doesn't it?"
> "Maybe. Did the killer say anything?"
> "Not in costume. It's against the rules."
> "Just how many costumers ARE there in this hotel?"
> "Oh, I don't know. A hundred or so, maybe."
> *shakes head morosely*
> "One year till retirement. One year till retirement.
> One year till retirement..."

<chuckle> How quickly they move from tenure to retirement. :)

D. Jean Cooper

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
Matt Squirrel wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:43:50 -0500, "D. Jean Cooper"
> <dco...@diespammage.inav.net> wrote:
>
> >Aaah, yes, The Tape. Video. If older ALFers remember discussions about
> >the TeleTubbies earlier this spring..... <Ggggg> If one were to talk to
> >Kimba and Neko about this fiendish thing, you'll be able to get a tape of
> >it. AND IT WAS ALL *NEKO'S* FAULT!!!!!!! Hideous, mind-twisted cat-mage.
> >
> >Kimba started to tape a show of the Tubbies. Neko, twisted as he was, saw
> >something about a small dance-scene. Ran up to his bedroom and grabbed a
> >music CD. Qued it up and had Kimba roll the tape. They did it a second
> >time, and recorded it with the music. I won't tell you another thing about
> >it, because it ***has*** to be seen to be believed. If anyfur who was at
> >AAC missed it, you must be assimilated.<VEG>
>
> Oh yes, I must say this was my best guess as to what 'The Tape' must
> be. I _love_ being right... =)
>
> Matt Squirrel

<VVVV*E*G> You ain't seen nuthin' yet, fur! It can only be believed upon
seeing and *hearing* what was dubbed over the dance sequence. I dare you,
no *double* dare you to ---not--- laugh when you see it!!
-Walk in Balance

Ambergold Wolfeyes (getting a crazy gleam in her eyes)

SCA: Lady Aelfreda O'Llyn Ewig
--
D.Jean Cooper (remove the obvious below)

dco...@diespammmage.inav.net

Chris Johnson

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
In article <35A5A83C...@inav.net>, dco...@diespammage.inav.net wrote:
> <VVVV*E*G> You ain't seen nuthin' yet, fur! It can only be believed upon
> seeing and *hearing* what was dubbed over the dance sequence. I dare you,
> no *double* dare you to ---not--- laugh when you see it!!
> -Walk in Balance
> Ambergold Wolfeyes (getting a crazy gleam in her eyes)

*smirk* be afraid... be _very_ afraid... it starts a bit loose, but
then the choreography and synch get _tighter_ as it continues... becomes
scary...

Edie *tremble*

NEKOmancer

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
In article <35A43C76...@diespammage.inav.net>, "D. Jean Cooper"
<dco...@diespammage.inav.net> writes:

>sta...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>

>> Ok.... What is this Tape... As one who didn't go to AAC.... And Has not a
>> clue about the tape... "WHAT THE HEL* is this tape"? :-) Audio or video
>What
>> is it about.. Heck.. if someone would send me a copy, i could Convert it
>> Real Audio/Video format..
>>

>Aaah, yes, The Tape. Video. If older ALFers remember discussions about
>the TeleTubbies earlier this spring..... <Ggggg> If one were to talk to
>Kimba and Neko about this fiendish thing, you'll be able to get a tape of
>it. AND IT WAS ALL *NEKO'S* FAULT!!!!!!! Hideous, mind-twisted cat-mage.

Whilst I think Dad's mix tape was being referred to, I suppose this tape would
eventually come to light anyway *evil grin*

>Kimba started to tape a show of the Tubbies. Neko, twisted as he was, saw
>something about a small dance-scene. Ran up to his bedroom and grabbed a
>music CD. Qued it up and had Kimba roll the tape. They did it a second
>time, and recorded it with the music. I won't tell you another thing about
>it, because it ***has*** to be seen to be believed. If anyfur who was at
>AAC missed it, you must be assimilated.<VEG>

No, no, no, you're doing it all wrong.

*presses small button on airship's control panel which begins to project the
event as it happened* Ingenius eh? ;)

It was the first episode of teletubbies shown in Maryland (and presumably the
USA) Now from hearing of how bad it was the whole family decided they wanted to
see it. I happened to be off of school for some reason or another, and
proceeded to record it for my parents to view it when they returned home. When
I had first watched it the idea had come into my head, but I didn't proceed
with it. After the family watched it I realized the plan would work and
proceeded to go on with it. I had Dad get to the part where the dance would
begin, ran to get a CD, pressed a few buttons and then had him play the tape.
laughter ensued. We discussed replacing the audio track with the song, and the
finished copy made it's debut appearence at AAC.....at least 8 times if I
remember right.

>Hysterics in under 90 seconds, Shockwave? Try 15 seconds. Once they
>started dancing to the music Neko dubbed over the Tubbies tune, you were
>rolling on the floor, tears streaming down your muzzle. No lie. It fit.
>And that's where Neko's evil lays. I pray the world never has to deal with
>him when he gets these *great* ideas...

What a shame that it already has.....and if you think that's bad....wait until
I _really_ get serious with it. I already have plans for the "sequel" to _the_
tape. *evil grin*

*presses button to turn off holo-projection*

I now return you to your regular newsgroup, beware.......

Neko

"I am not going to be pushed, filed, indexed, stamped, briefed, debriefed or
numbered. My life is my own." #6 The Prisoner "Arrival"

Chris Johnson

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
In article <catgrrl-1007...@n108client136.hawaii.rr.com>,
cat...@I.ain't.gonna.play.spamcity.usa.net (WebKitty) wrote:
> WebKitty, who is back to her normal silly feline self. Thanks furs,
> especially Edie. *snug*

o_O (!)

*faint*

*PURRRR*

I am glad it helped, hon :) I wondered whether taking such a cat
approach would help. And it's awfully good to hear that because I seem to
have triggered somebody's decision to move on, and it's a pretty difficult
situation to be in. I hardly know what to think, and don't feel safe
talking about it here, and all I do know is that I stubbornly defend that
person's right to choose- even if it means choosing to not stay here. But
it feels sad- but I didn't realize it was so difficult for him to be here.
Oh well :(

Edie, cuddling WebKitty for comfort

Siberwlf62

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
Ambergold wrote:
><VVVV*E*G> You ain't seen nuthin' yet, fur! It can >only be believed upon
>seeing and *hearing* what was dubbed over the >dance sequence.

It was something I have suspected of the Teletubbies all along. It was still
sick and twisted. = )

Matt Squirrel

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:35:56 -0500, "D. Jean Cooper"
<dco...@inav.net> wrote:

>Matt Squirrel wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:43:50 -0500, "D. Jean Cooper"
>> <dco...@diespammage.inav.net> wrote:
>>

>> >Aaah, yes, The Tape. Video. If older ALFers remember discussions about
>> >the TeleTubbies earlier this spring..... <Ggggg> If one were to talk to
>> >Kimba and Neko about this fiendish thing, you'll be able to get a tape of
>> >it. AND IT WAS ALL *NEKO'S* FAULT!!!!!!! Hideous, mind-twisted cat-mage.
>> >

>> >Kimba started to tape a show of the Tubbies. Neko, twisted as he was, saw
>> >something about a small dance-scene. Ran up to his bedroom and grabbed a
>> >music CD. Qued it up and had Kimba roll the tape. They did it a second
>> >time, and recorded it with the music. I won't tell you another thing about
>> >it, because it ***has*** to be seen to be believed. If anyfur who was at
>> >AAC missed it, you must be assimilated.<VEG>
>>

>> Oh yes, I must say this was my best guess as to what 'The Tape' must
>> be. I _love_ being right... =)
>>
>> Matt Squirrel
>

><VVVV*E*G> You ain't seen nuthin' yet, fur! It can only be believed upon

>seeing and *hearing* what was dubbed over the dance sequence. I dare you,
>no *double* dare you to ---not--- laugh when you see it!!

Ha! You do of course realise I am _superb_ at not laughing! As
they found out on a little drama course I did.... >=)

Matt Squirrel, stubborn fur........

NEKOmancer

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
cat...@I.ain't.gonna.play.spamcity.usa.net (WebKitty) writes:

>> Matt Squirrel wrote:
><snip>

>> > Oh yes, I must say this was my best guess as to what 'The Tape' must
>> > be. I _love_ being right... =)
>> >
>> > Matt Squirrel
>>
>> <VVVV*E*G> You ain't seen nuthin' yet, fur! It can only be believed upon
>> seeing and *hearing* what was dubbed over the dance sequence. I dare you,
>> no *double* dare you to ---not--- laugh when you see it!!

>> -Walk in Balance
>
>*clap clap clap* *clap clap clap* *clap clap clap clap clap clap*
>
>They want YOU! They want YOU! They want YOU as a new recruit!

<Overlord voice on Teletubbies> Nooooooooo </Overlord voice on Teletubbies> ;)

Although...that might be good for another