400+ furry lifestyle related links

Locandez

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98

Yiffle (Your Index For Furry Links Everywhere) contains over 400 web, FTP,
Telnet and Usenet links spread across 53 categories like 'Totemism' and
'Plushies'. New links, and occasionally new sections, are added regularly,
making it larger than even the Furry Resource Center. Yiffle is effectively the
alt.lifestyle.furry version of Yahoo, with a similar hierarchal structure.

Every web page, Telnet server and FTP site (and many newsgroups) are listed
with a description. Some descriptions are fairly minimal, most are
comprehensive and detailed. I am currently in the process of expanding the
smaller descriptions.

Yiffle contains no adverts, image maps, Javascript or other webfluff - just
plain, error-free and tightly written HTML. All pages are available with
tables (subtopics are arranged in rows and columns) or without tables
(subtopics flow across a number of lines).

New links can be added to Yiffle easier and quicker than to Yahoo; they can
be emailed to me or submitted online via a form page.

http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/yiffle.htm

Locandez

--
My -true- email address is: lyndale [at] argonet [dot] co [dot] uk

A blank copy of the 'Furvey'; and information, links, guides, documents
and reference material relating to alt.lifestyle.furry and the furry
lifestyle culture can be found at "Lifestyles Of The Cute And Furry":

http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/

"Behind every gifted woman, there's often a rather talented cat" - Rosie Nieper

Kimba W. Lion

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Locandez <tks...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/yiffle.htm

Oh, this is weird. When I cut and paste that URL, I get:
"File Not Found
The requested URL /users/lyndale/lotcaf/yiffle.htm was not found on this
server."

But if I go up two levels to your main page, and follow the links, I get
there... and the URL is:
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/yiffle.htm
which looks exactly like what you described. Some sort of mechanism in
place that prevents people from jumping to sub-pages?

Kimba
constantly surprised

Mwongozi

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Kimba W. Lion wrote in message <363a6953...@news.fysh.org>...

>Oh, this is weird. When I cut and paste that URL, I get:
>"File Not Found
>The requested URL /users/lyndale/lotcaf/yiffle.htm was not found on this
>server."

Hmm, it's working fine for me...

--
David "Mwongozi" Glover - dg4(at)ukc.ac.uk
http://www.ukc.ac.uk/php/dg4/ - Excite PAL running

richard_...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
In article <na.56098a489c...@argonet.co.uk>,

Locandez <tks...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> Yiffle (Your Index For Furry Links Everywhere) contains over 400 web, FTP,
> Telnet and Usenet links spread across 53 categories like 'Totemism' and
> 'Plushies'. New links, and occasionally new sections, are added regularly,
> making it larger than even the Furry Resource Center. Yiffle is effectively
the
> alt.lifestyle.furry version of Yahoo, with a similar hierarchal structure.
>
> http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/yiffle.htm

Wow! Quite a piece of work. Impressive. You are one industrious fox,
Locandez. Thank you. Thank you very much for putting that all together.
You've really got some great sites listed. That live camera at the African
water hole is particularly cool. It's located exactly 12 time zones from me,
so seeing the sun come up on the other side of the world just as it's going
down in the Pacific is a poetic rush.

Richard Crockett

Tim Gadd

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
Good stuff. Lots of work there, alright!

--
Tim Gadd | Lupercal .com
Hobart, Tasmania | @wolf-web

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/1161/

'technology to wipe out truth is now available. not everyone can
afford it but it's available. when the cost comes down look out!'

- Bob Dylan, 1993.

WolfenRose

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
*runs to go look, wagging his tail behind*

HaCk (StormShade)
http://www.furnation.com/hackwolf (Finally up and running!!! mostly...)
ICQ - 6518814
FurCode 1.3
FCW3admrw A++++ C- D? H M+ P+ R T+++ W- Z Sm?
RLA/LM/AT a? cduw++++ d e** f++++ h*** iwf+ j+ !p sm-

Sun-stone

Nov 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/1/98
Locandez wrote:

> Yiffle (Your Index For Furry Links Everywhere) contains over 400 web,
> FTP,
> Telnet and Usenet links spread across 53 categories like 'Totemism'
> and
> 'Plushies'.

Good job on all your hard work, Loc! Certainly it's well organized and
structured, and I appreciate the fact that there's no time and
bandwidth-wasting frames or sound files or anything like that.

You might want to add some small graphics to the page though. Something
at the top perhaps, or maybe a light background tint to give some
variety. It would make it easier on the eyes if you're looking at the
page for a long period of time.

Cheers;
Sun-stone

Cerulean

Nov 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/2/98
Quoth Sun-stone <umno...@cc.umanitoba.ca>:

>Locandez wrote:
>
>> Yiffle (Your Index For Furry Links Everywhere) contains over 400 web,
>> FTP,
>> Telnet and Usenet links spread across 53 categories like 'Totemism'
>> and
>> 'Plushies'.

It's nifty! I like it!

>Good job on all your hard work, Loc! Certainly it's well organized and
>structured, and I appreciate the fact that there's no time and
>bandwidth-wasting frames or sound files or anything like that.
>
>You might want to add some small graphics to the page though.

If you don't mind me volunteering it, Loc, I have an idea for a title
logo for Yiffle. Don't worry, it will be nice and clean and simple in
keeping with the style of the page. Do you mind if I give it a try?

>Something
>at the top perhaps, or maybe a light background tint to give some
>variety. It would make it easier on the eyes if you're looking at the
>page for a long period of time.

White is fine, I think. A solid-color background can actually be
harder on the eyes, because it's just as bright, but unbalanced.

--
___vvz /( Cerulean http://home.att.net/~kevinpease
<__,` Z / ( DC.D/? fs+h++ Gm CB^P a$m++d+++l*g-e!i

Locandez

Nov 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/2/98
In article <363C9580...@cc.umanitoba.ca>, Sun-stone
<umno...@cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:

>Good job on all your hard work, Loc!

Thanks :)

>You might want to add some small graphics to the page though. Something

>at the top perhaps, or maybe a light background tint to give some
>variety.

Okay, done. I've added a title GIF to the top of every Yiffle page (a mere
3213 bytes), and slightly reorganized the header. Top level categories now
have descriptions - place the mouse pointer over 'Fursuits' and you see
'Fursuits, Animatronics, Tails, Mascots".

Locandez

--
My -real- email address is: lyndale (at) argonet (dot) co (dot) uk

A blank copy of the 'Furvey'; and information, documents and reference

material relating to alt.lifestyle.furry and the furry lifestyle culture

can be found at my website: www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/

Furry Yahoo, 400+ links: www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/yiffle.htm