Avellana Community

Polenth

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
Greetings all,

Some may remember about a year ago, that there was a discussion about
starting a RL furry/dragon intentional community on alt.fan.dragons and
alt.lifestyle.furry. Some months on, and a change of name later, this
project is still being seriously considered. The general timeline is to
start the community in a few years. At the moment there is a mailing
list discussing the proposed community. If anyone's interested in how
things are going, and maybe joining in the discussions, we have a
website at:

http://www.polenth.demon.co.uk/avellana/avellana.html

Shameless plug over. :)

--
Polenth

ICQ UIN: 8342844 | Clan Stormcrest
Weyr: http://www.polenth.demon.co.uk/
H2G2: http://www.h2g2.com/U52099
DC.D Pf CDP a- d+++ WL+* L14f Balkali f e! m++

Locandez

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
In article <fp6UlGCt...@polenth.demon.co.uk>, Polenth

<pol...@polenth.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>Some may remember about a year ago, that there was a discussion about
>starting a RL furry/dragon intentional community on alt.fan.dragons and
>alt.lifestyle.furry. Some months on, and a change of name later, this
>project is still being seriously considered. The general timeline is to
>start the community in a few years.

This sounds similar to "Heart's Dream" - is that still going?

IMHO, if the Avellana Community gets too large, you may suffer from 'furry
intertia' - i.e. you'll never get anything done because no-one will agree on
anything, and the idea will gradually crumble to the ground after a lack of
action. Uplifting, aren't I? :) Perhaps you could have a 'core' group of
trusted members - people who aren't going to run off with the money, -and-
who are prepared to actually _do_ something - who will nonetheless listen to
and possibly act upon suggestions from the 'vocal contributors'.

Locandez

--
My REAL email address is:
lyndale (at) argonet (dot) co (dot) uk

3710+ Links, 400+ Categories
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/yiffle/

Furry lifestyle information:
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/

Sci Fox

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
> This sounds similar to "Heart's Dream" - is that still going?

I know a few people who are on that list, so I asume so.

> IMHO, if the Avellana Community gets too large, you may suffer from
'furry
> intertia' - i.e. you'll never get anything done because no-one will agree
on
> anything, and the idea will gradually crumble to the ground after a lack
of
> action. Uplifting, aren't I? :) Perhaps you could have a 'core' group of
> trusted members - people who aren't going to run off with the money, -and-
> who are prepared to actually _do_ something - who will nonetheless listen
> and possibly act upon suggestions from the 'vocal contributors'.

Hopefully the idea of furry inertia will be counter-acted by the fact that
this is not intended to be just a very long furry meet. There may be
adjustments to make (hence the stage 2 of all moving into a house or shared
accomadation), before any buying of land is done.
The idea of someone running off with funds has been brought up. We are
concidering a legal agreement to try and prevent it from happening. I
beleive this is on the "laws" section of the website. =)

Sci