What is all this fuzz about Nutella?

Olli Junttila

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?

- Falstaff & Ollie

Smrgol -};>~

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
Nutella, the Hazelnut/Chocolate spread, seems to be the "Official Furry
Spread" and thus is subject to discussion.

*Shrug* It started way before I got here in Nov. '98.

For those who have not found it yet, the 13oz jars are usually in the
supermarket near the Peanut Butter, and seem to average about $4.00US.
PriceClub/CostCo, a warehouse discount chain, sometimes has a 26oz jar for
about the same price.

--
Smrgol

/\ | /\ Life is too important to be taken seriously
{o\/o}
\ / Remove xyzzy in E-Mail
oo (You're at the end of the road again)

Fur Code:
FDD[Kirin]hmu3as A- C++ D H+ M- P R T+ W-- Z- Sm- RLCI/CT/AT a++ cmnu++ d+
e++ f-- h* i+ j p- sm-

Painless369

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
>Subject: What is all this fuzz about Nutella?

Arrrrooooooooooaaaahhhh! It tastes good and seems to be a staple of the furry
diet, at least here at Homestead, Jurann.
Painless Wolf

MegaDog the Nettweiler

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
In article <38F453...@dlc.fi>, Olli Junttila yiffled:

>Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?

You need to try some. Then you'll understand...
--
!Raised Tails! -:MegaDog:-
http://www.canismajor.demon.co.uk/index.html

Locandez

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
In article <38F453...@dlc.fi>, Olli Junttila <tj...@dlc.fi> wrote:

>Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?

It's an artifact of the fluffy atmosphere here; something that furs hand
out like candy. Nutella is a chocolate/hazelnut sandwich spread. It's
nothing "special" (it's not magic, doesn't contain cocaine etc) but people -
gasp - generally like chocolatey things.

Locandez

--
Email address: lyndale (at) argonet (dot) co (dot) uk
Furry info: www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/

phoenix

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
Cuz it tastes really really really good! And it's messy!

~phoenix wolf~
winged lupine.

updated fur code:
FCWw3 A- C D+ H++ M- P++ R T+++ W Z Sm++$ RLLW/RB a cl+ d+ !e f++++ h+ iwf++ j
p- sm+

I'm just a wolf in love with a wonderful foxy.

Artlan T. MagicSky

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
>Nutella?

mmmm nummy ^_^

~Artlan T. MS. Wolf
F code-
FZhmpsw3ars A C- D+ H+ M P+ R+ T+++ W Z# Sp- RLCT/E/MC/AT !a cln++$ d e* f++ h*
iwf++ j++ p+ sm#

http://artlan.freeservers.com

"When one world ends, another one begins"
aka - The Winged Wolf From Here and Beyond

Bahumat

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
It is the most perfect food in existence, even more so than pizza! =D

"Nutella isn't just a food, it's a *RELIGION*."

Bahumat

Olli Junttila wrote:

> Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?
>

> - Falstaff & Ollie

Skytech

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
Olli Junttila <tj...@dlc.fi> wrote in message news:38F453...@dlc.fi...

> Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?

One (possibly Locandez?) or more furs mentioned it as a treat with dog
bisquits during a Euro Con. Curiosity got the better of others here and
taste tests began with rave reviews. It's reached mythical proportions to
those who haven't found it.

I bought a jar once, took a spoonful (mindful of my diabetes) and passed it
on to Max's sister and her sugar addiction. It's tasty but my days of sugar
sandwiches are behind me.

(Once a connoisseur of the infamous 'fluffer-nutter' sandwich)
--
La gvatanta vulpo (The vigilant fox)
Skytech

BillCat

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00

Olli Junttila wrote in message <38F453...@dlc.fi>...

>Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?

Being one of, hmm, all of about one fur who does not enjoy Nutella, I CAN
say that it is a very sweet & unique chocolaltely treat.

- BillCat :)
who'll take a old pepperocini to a new chocolate anyday

Lionkingcmsl

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Homestead RR Bulletin dated Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:38:43 -0400, from
"Skytech" <sky...@ix.netcom.com> had this important message:

<snip>

>(Once a connoisseur of the infamous 'fluffer-nutter' sandwich)

Ah, Fluffer-nutter! Pure sugar and peanut butter. On a fresh loaf of
Wonder Bread (the type that you can roll in to a ball fresh from the
package). "Those were the days my friend. Those were the days..."
As this lion morphs to AV in search of some Fluffer-nutter and some
fresh Wonder Bread, with a glazed look in his eyes and licking his
chops.
*If you see an 8+ feet tall anthro lion in your local supermarket,
better get outta his way.* :=3

--
Lionkingcmsl

The railroading lion. :=3
PSA - "When it's a tie at a grade crossing, YOU lose!"

http://users.snip.net/~lionking - My Home Page

One day I WILL learn how to type and to slow my thoughts to my typing speed. :=3

Lionkingcmsl

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Homestead RR Bulletin dated Thu, 13 Apr 2000 01:02:35 GMT, from
lion...@snip.net (Lionkingcmsl) had this important message:

>. "Those were the days my friend. Those were the days..."

And now for the complete lyrics of *Those were the days*

Those Were The Days
Mary Hopkins
Music & Lyrics : Gene Raskin

Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And dreamed of all the great things we would do

Those were the days my friend

We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Then the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If by chance I'd see you in the tavern
We'd smile at one another and we'd say

Those were the days my friend

We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Just tonight I stood before the tavern
Nothing seemed the way it used to be
In the glass I saw a strange reflection
Was that lonely woman really me

Those were the days my friend

We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same

Those were the days my friend

We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days.

<commentary>
It's amazing how time seems to fly by *quicker* as we grow older.
I seem to look back and think life was so much simplier (yes another
song, but I'm not going to post the lyrics) and easier to live. Gad,
how at times I wish I was back in high school
</commentary>
.Okay, I'll stop being maudlin now.
Still looking for that Fluffer-nutter though. :=3

Painless369

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
> "Those were the days my friend. Those were the days..."

Thank you, Mr. Lion...from one mature (Grinz) Fur to another. *Hugg*
Painless Wolf

Kimba W. Lion

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Olli Junttila <tj...@dlc.fi> wrote:

>Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?

Well, first of all, it's food. (To see what I mean, just watch this thread
drift!)

Secondly, it's incredibly delicious.

Third, it apparently makes a good dip for dog biscuits. (That's not my
thing... my _father_ was the one in the family who liked dog biscuits. He
seemed to think they were the perfect snack.)

Fourth, it's creamy and smooth and furs seem to have creative thoughts
about where to spread it.

ummm... I think I've said enough.

Kimba
--
"We have been told that we need our bodies to exist,
but it is our bodies that need us.

Skipai da Otter

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
"Kimba W. Lion" <Kimba...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Olli Junttila <tj...@dlc.fi> wrote:
>
> >Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?
>
> Well, first of all, it's food. (To see what I mean, just watch this thread
> drift!)
>
> Secondly, it's incredibly delicious.
>
> Third, it apparently makes a good dip for dog biscuits. (That's not my
> thing... my _father_ was the one in the family who liked dog biscuits. He
> seemed to think they were the perfect snack.)
>
> Fourth, it's creamy and smooth and furs seem to have creative thoughts
> about where to spread it.
>
> ummm... I think I've said enough.

*grins on that thought* Er, I think you have there but......... That's a
good point however... *happily meepgrowls.*

--
Skipai Da Otter [Owned by Fox_ on Tapestries)
FZp4m A+ C- D++++ H+++ M++ P+ R+ T++++ W- Z Sp+ RLU a24 cadlnw++++ d+ e+++

Tolo152

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
You know, I liked Nutella before I even knew it was the furry treat. Do you
think the guys who make it know about it? imagine, they'd have furry Nutella
commercials. *oink*

My mother liked bonios when she was little, just the black ones they don't
make anymore. Prob what your dad liked. I don't think she's furry though. Never
know with her. Would be cool if she turned out to be.

(ok, I'm shifting to be more cuddly. I closely resemble a purple werewolf with
feathery wings, although I'm a dragon. *snuggle*)

Sandstorrm

"oooh, I just LOVE it when they say IMPOSSIBLE don't you?!?!?"

Weyfour WWWWolf (Urpo Lankinen)

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:49:03 GMT, Olli Junttila <tj...@dlc.fi> wrote:

>Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?

Because it's Good Stuff? =)

--
$_='%?&%[=&+=?%=[%&+&%[*?]&=&~[;&+&{=?[?&%&[&{[%&^=?=[&%&]=?%~&~[?&+&~YiFF!
=[=~| Weyfour WWWWolf (aka. Urpo Lankinen), a lupine technomancer |=?*_=}?]

Kimba W. Lion

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
tol...@aol.com (Tolo152) wrote:

>My mother liked bonios when she was little, just the black ones they don't
>make anymore. Prob what your dad liked. I don't think she's furry though. Never
>know with her. Would be cool if she turned out to be.

Yeah, furry parents are cool. :D (I have to point out that Robin and I
have two cubs and they're both on this group, abeit only occasionally.)

Actually, my father liked MilkBones. Maybe it had something to do with the
picture on the box, a Boston Terrier. I remember him getting misty-eyed
over an old picture of him and his Boston Terrier. It's a shame he
couldn't talk more about that whole side of him...

Whoolf

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
In article <20000413012025...@ng-bh1.aol.com>, tol...@aol.com
(Tolo152) wrote:

>You know, I liked Nutella before I even knew it was the furry treat. Do you
>think the guys who make it know about it? imagine, they'd have furry Nutella
>commercials. *oink*

And I ever thought, Nutella _is_ extra produced for us.
If we would talk to them, perhaps they will produce Furella ? :-)

Whoolf

FFHm1dfw A+ C- D- H M- P+ R+ T+++ W Z+ Sf+ RLTI a++ cn+ d+ e f+ h i+ j p- sm
ICQ 64052809

Swamp Gator

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
In article <20000412103744...@ng-fg1.news.cs.com>,
Painless369 <painl...@cs.comKillSpam> writes

>Arrrrooooooooooaaaahhhh! It tastes good and seems to be a staple of the furry
>diet, at least here at Homestead, Jurann.

Indeed, Nutella is nice and, in order to make it even nicer, I once
mixed it in with a load of vanilla ice-cream. I have to say that the
resulting mix was a little too rich, even for my palate.

Swampy
--
Swamp...@spamoff.epsilon2.demon.co.uk *please remove the spamtrap*
FDA5s A+ C++>+++ D H+++ M- P+++ R++ T+++ W- Z- Sm S++ RLS a cn+ d-

Smirk

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
*thwip*

> *If you see an 8+ feet tall anthro lion in your local supermarket,
> better get outta his way.* :=3

Don't think people in your way would be a problem...

I think the crowd reaction would be something along the lines of a Godzilla
movie.

Just a thought... ;)

-Smirk

Kamau

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Lionkingcmsl wrote in message <38f51dee....@news.fur.com>...

>Homestead RR Bulletin dated Thu, 13 Apr 2000 01:02:35 GMT, from
>lion...@snip.net (Lionkingcmsl) had this important message:
>
>>. "Those were the days my friend. Those were the days..."
> And now for the complete lyrics of *Those were the days*
>
>Those Were The Days
>Mary Hopkins
>Music & Lyrics : Gene Raskin

\ \snip/ /
I always liked that song the strange thing is just how true it now feels.
Lots of good memories to look back on but each year more acquaintances &
friends are lost. *sigh* Still making lots of new friends here. . .

*Anthro lion becomes lost in his thoughts*
--
Kamau
}{For a Lion Pride is a strength not a weakness}{

FFL6ac A- C+ Dm++ H+ M P++ R+ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT/GP a++ cn++ d e+++ f++h-i+j-
p* sm#

Camstone Fox

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
tol...@aol.com (Tolo152) wrote in the margin of a report dated 13 Apr
2000 05:20:25 GMT, to the commitee on alt.lifestyle.furry :

>You know, I liked Nutella before I even knew it was the furry treat. Do you
>think the guys who make it know about it? imagine, they'd have furry Nutella
>commercials. *oink*

"Same here... But furry or not (perish the thought)... I love it!!!"

>My mother liked bonios when she was little, just the black ones they don't
>make anymore. Prob what your dad liked. I don't think she's furry though. Never
>know with her. Would be cool if she turned out to be.

"Nah, my Dad was into candy licorice bits. The inch size ones. Ate
them by the bag full. I think I have inherited this taste for them,
allong with my spring allergies to tree pollen (*snif*)"

>"oooh, I just LOVE it when they say IMPOSSIBLE don't you?!?!?"

"If it wasn't a challenge, I'd have never accepted my job in
research!"

Grace and Peace,
Camstone Fox

P.S. It doesn't mold... it goes *rancid*.... what a shame!!!!
"God does not throw dice." &
"I want to know God's thoughts, and the rest are details." &
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." by Albert Einstein
A w A mailto:cams...@email.com
< o o > http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Camstone/
\ / \ Camstone Fox's Clickable Furry Code: http://www.vulpine.pp.se/cgi-bin/fc?camston0
~*~

Camstone Fox

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Olli Junttila <tj...@dlc.fi> wrote in the margin of a report dated
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:49:03 GMT, to the commitee on alt.lifestyle.furry

:
>Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?

A certain Celtic red fox looks up from his research and states

"The grand unified field theory equation very clearly states:"

"Nutella + Furry = True Happiness!"

"Don't beleive me? Try some and see!" The fox sticks a digit into the
jar of Nutella and then into his mouth..."Hmmmm.... research never
tasted so good...."
};^})

Tolo152

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00

>P.S. It doesn't mold... it goes *rancid*.... what a shame!!!

hehe... I didn't know. Usually I eat Nutella all up before it even gets a
chance.

Sandstorrm

Artlan T. MagicSky

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
>"If it wasn't a challenge, I'd have never accepted my job in
>research!"

TRUE! Artlan the Techi Wolf, Head of FreeLance R&D, Founder of FreeLance and
Furry Ink. (Making Ink Furry since 2000), at your'e service! ^_^
yech. Rancid.
A_A
/_6 9_\ < - - Ick
\_/

CT

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
I noticed the following in alt.lifestyle.furry, posted by Camstone Fox
<cams...@email.com>:

> Olli Junttila <tj...@dlc.fi> wrote in the margin of a report dated
> Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:49:03 GMT, to the commitee on alt.lifestyle.furry
> :
> >Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?
>
> A certain Celtic red fox looks up from his research and states
>
> "The grand unified field theory equation very clearly states:"
>
> "Nutella + Furry = True Happiness!"

*ahem*

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone here is wild about Nutella.

Then again, I'm a bit of a weirdo compared to most people here. I
don't really say anything in the threads about spirituality, I don't
generally get involved with the RP-like threads (used to, but that was
a long time ago), and it seems I have a rather more 'mundane' view of
the world than the 'enlightened' ones here...

CT, only a little bit cynical this morning >:-\

Locandez

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
(Tolo152) wrote:

>You know, I liked Nutella before I even knew it was the furry treat. Do you
>think the guys who make it know about it?

I would imagine so. The UK Nutella ad (which, admittedly, isn't shown
often) shows a mother preparing some Nutella sandwiches for her kids, with
the final phrase, "Turn your little wolves into sheep." (or something like
that).

Locandez

--
All Antelopes Are Arseholes: lyndale (at) argonet (dot) co (dot) uk
Both Bears Became Bachelors: www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/lotcaf/

Who Wants To Be A Millipede?

Eldar Drakeson

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
CT <noh...@radparker.com> wrote in message

<snippage>

It's ok CT we all love ya anyway...one of these days all those memories will
come rushing back to ya and you won't feel quite so mundane again and wonder
what happened......<hugs ya> and I happen to think that you're not so
mundane...

shambles off to investigate that hollow log....AIIEEE BEES!!!...<gallops
past and right into the water>

Eldar Drakeson
ICQ# 25285472
An ursine that was once feline, feeling very
confused at how it happened

Camstone Fox

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
CT,

> *ahem*
> Contrary to popular belief, not everyone here is wild about Nutella.

> I have a rather more 'mundane' view of the world than the 'enlightened'
ones here...

A certain Celtic red fox pads in wearing the classical white lab coat of a
researcher and begins to merf...

"Hmmm... let me see, then the equation needs to be modifed to:" (Fox
walks to the chalkboard and begins to write equations...)

"Furry + Nutella * (1-Sigma(Fur in question not liking Nutella)) = True
Happiness."

"Where sigma is a binary unit step function operator when the value
returned in the operand is true."

"Ok.... now if I differentiate the function now called Nutella', that
the change in happiness is directly proportional to the amount a person is
furry as dF over Dhappy increases beyond zero... and is positive definate.
Now if Happiness and Furriness are both a function of time....and the
acceleration of the Furryness is therefore in general a constant from the
point in time at which I became a fur... that the longer I live... the more
I become furry and the more I am happy. Unless I like Nutella, and at that
point, my accleration of happiness is even faster and I become even more
happy by eating more Nutella over time. That is until I exceed approach the
speed of light happiness, which at that point we all know from Einstein's
law of relativity - as happiness approaches the speed of light, time
actually slows down and it becomes even more difficult to become too happy,
requiring us to eat more and more Nutella - But we have to understand the
upper bound is the step function of Sigma(Stomach) which becomes positive
and non-zero which occurs when we physically can't eat any more Nutella.
Therefore we should all eat as much Nutella as we can, if we like it, in
order to achieve maximum happiness. And those who don't like Nutella also
can reach true happiness, but at a generally slower rate than the rest of
those who do."

The fox ends the derivation with the large letters "Q.E.D." scrawled on
the backboard as the class bell rings... as the various kits and young
homestead wide eyed furs begin to leave the classroom, the fox yips
out..."O.K. remember the test next week on chapter one of the text
'Analytical geometry of Furs' entitled 'Nutella and Relative Happiness,' and
read chapters 2 and 3 , 'Otter Mechanics' and 'Badger cusps and dwell
functions.' Do the odd questions and turn in on next Friday - and the evens
will count as extra credit... have a good weekend!"

Furs filter out of the classroom, with one leaving a red apple on the
fox's desk. Picking up the apple the fox smiles and tosses it into the air
saying.... "Ahhh, I do so much like to pass on important knowledge to other
younger furs.... and you just have to understand, CT, some of us deal with
enough reality and enjoy some levity."

Smirk

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
*thwip*

> The fox ends the derivation with the large letters "Q.E.D." scrawled
on
> the backboard as the class bell rings... as the various kits and young
> homestead wide eyed furs begin to leave the classroom, the fox yips
> out..."O.K. remember the test next week on chapter one of the text
> 'Analytical geometry of Furs' entitled 'Nutella and Relative Happiness,'
and
> read chapters 2 and 3 , 'Otter Mechanics' and 'Badger cusps and dwell
> functions.' Do the odd questions and turn in on next Friday - and the
evens
> will count as extra credit... have a good weekend!"

Um excuse me?, I'm getting my haircut this afternoon, but my brother is
going home with Dibble this weekend, do I leave my things on the upper peg,
or should my brother put them on the lower peg before the Rugby match with
the masters?

(forgive my somewhat inaccurate rememberence of that scene from "The Meaning
of Life" it's been years since I've seen it...)

-Smirk

Jeremy DuCharme

Apr 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/15/00
Camstone Fox wrote:

> CT,

[snip]

> The fox ends the derivation with the large letters "Q.E.D." scrawled on
> the backboard as the class bell rings... as the various kits and young
> homestead wide eyed furs begin to leave the classroom, the fox yips
> out..."O.K. remember the test next week on chapter one of the text
> 'Analytical geometry of Furs' entitled 'Nutella and Relative Happiness,' and
> read chapters 2 and 3 , 'Otter Mechanics' and 'Badger cusps and dwell

Otter Mechanics, if you think you understand it after one pass, then you
didn't. :> (Had a college professor say this in my class about Quantum
Mechanics, or at least the little general science courses touch on.)

--
"It's worse than I feared."
"What is it?"

Brock Ulfsen

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
Olli Junttila wrote:

> Why on Earth is everyfur always talking about Nutella?
>
> - Falstaff & Ollie

They live in places too cold to give them an appreciation for
Vegemite...

<mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm>

...Brock.

Smrgol -};>~

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
> They live in places too cold to give them an appreciation for Vegemite...

<mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm>

>...Brock.

I prefer Marmite, myself.

-};>~

Red Jack

Apr 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/17/00
Jeremy DuCharme <jeremyd...@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Otter Mechanics, if you think you understand it after one pass, then you
> didn't. :> (Had a college professor say this in my class about Quantum
> Mechanics, or at least the little general science courses touch on.)

Ah yes, quantum mechanics, ever read The Singers of Time(I forget the
author, and I'm not home as I type this)? It touches on quantum
mechanincs as I recall, and gets to be a bit confusing after a
while(though not as bad as the time travelers handbook, a truly
indecipherable book).

--
Red Jack mate of Eitan on Furry Muck
pumataur at large Member or Supporter of the ADSA, the

Jeremy DuCharme

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
Red Jack wrote:

> Jeremy DuCharme <jeremyd...@sprintmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Otter Mechanics, if you think you understand it after one pass, then you
> > didn't. :> (Had a college professor say this in my class about Quantum
> > Mechanics, or at least the little general science courses touch on.)
>
> Ah yes, quantum mechanics, ever read The Singers of Time(I forget the
> author, and I'm not home as I type this)? It touches on quantum
> mechanincs as I recall, and gets to be a bit confusing after a
> while(though not as bad as the time travelers handbook, a truly
> indecipherable book).

Nope, can't say I have. And are you trying to say that an egnimatic book
is the perfect time travel manual? As for understanding QM I'm told that
the first step is to get ahold of your common sense, and throw it outside
while you're working on QM.

Red Jack

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
Jeremy DuCharme <jeremyd...@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Ah yes, quantum mechanics, ever read The Singers of Time(I forget the
> > author, and I'm not home as I type this)? It touches on quantum
> > mechanincs as I recall, and gets to be a bit confusing after a
> > while(though not as bad as the time travelers handbook, a truly
> > indecipherable book).
>
> Nope, can't say I have. And are you trying to say that an egnimatic book
> is the perfect time travel manual? As for understanding QM I'm told that
> the first step is to get ahold of your common sense, and throw it outside
> while you're working on QM.

Its by Frederik Pohl and Jack Williamson. As to the Time Traveler's
Handbook, its a collection of writings on time travel and the science
needed to do it, with no real concern as to the validity of the
material, and at times it seems to contradict itself. I've heard that
about QM before, and I think its true.

Smirk

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
*thwip*

> Nope, can't say I have. And are you trying to say that an egnimatic book
> is the perfect time travel manual? As for understanding QM I'm told that
> the first step is to get ahold of your common sense, and throw it outside
> while you're working on QM.

Michael Chrightons' "Time Line" is a really good book covering Quantum
Phsyics. So good in fact I really want to learn a lot more about this stuff.

But from what I understand everything in the world is cool and conforms to
the laws of physics until you get to the sub-atomic level: then things just
go wierd.

-Smirk