Furry RPG's

Sidhain

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
Just wanted to tell everyone...since I know a lot of us Lifestylers are
gamers......I was perusing through various and asundry catalogs, etc and
discovered not one but two furry-esque game-things..
Animal Companions for Fudge its also says its useful for other games too but
it is too include animal pcs's etc....) no release date beyond this year
and in March....

Furry Pirates...
yes exactly what is says anthropomorphic animal pirates.....

Unfortunatly I am not Fond of Pirates, wy couldn't it have been Furry
Knights.. *L*

--
Madness is an epiphany which can free
thee from the implicity of sanity

Skytech

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
Sidhain wrote:

> Just wanted to tell everyone...since I know a lot of us Lifestylers are
> gamers......I was perusing through various and asundry catalogs, etc and
> discovered not one but two furry-esque game-things..
> Animal Companions for Fudge its also says its useful for other games too but
> it is too include animal pcs's etc....) no release date beyond this year
> and in March....

That one I haven't heard about. Where did you see it?

> Furry Pirates...
> yes exactly what is says anthropomorphic animal pirates.....

*That* I saw in Previews! Being a swashbuckler deep down in my fuzzy lil
heart, I like the sound of this. It give me a chance to play one of my
mythical ancestors. (Luke Skyfox is another story.) I know a certain
polar bear who's going to make a great sidekick!

I just picked up the Indiana Jones RPG, I wonder... Pennsylvania Sky and
the Lost Carkeys! Hmmm.
--
La fanfarona vulpo (The swashbuckling fox)
Skytech

^^
<@@>
.D

http://www.flash.net/~tsmiar/skytech/skytech.html

boojum

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99

Sidhain wrote:

> Just wanted to tell everyone...since I know a lot of us Lifestylers are
> gamers......I was perusing through various and asundry catalogs, etc and
> discovered not one but two furry-esque game-things..
> Animal Companions for Fudge its also says its useful for other games too but
> it is too include animal pcs's etc....) no release date beyond this year
> and in March....
>

> Furry Pirates...
> yes exactly what is says anthropomorphic animal pirates.....

boojum cocks his head. "There is also Gurps Biotech, an excellent
suppliment for the furry Gurps Gamer."

boojum the brown bunny

boojum

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99

Smrgol wrote:

> Does anyfur remember "Bunnies and Burrows?"
>
> That one goes Waaay back!

boojum nodnodnods! "Did you know it's still produced? But now it's
a Gurps Worldbook using the Gurps system."

boojum the brown bunny

Skytech

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
Smrgol wrote:

> Does anyfur remember "Bunnies and Burrows?"
>
> That one goes Waaay back!

Which one? :)

An RPG done by a biologist. Reality with a healthy dose of fantasy.
--
La kashigada vulpo
Skytech

^^
<@@>
./

http://www.flash.net/~tsmiar/skytech/skytech.html

Skytech

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
boojum wrote:

> boojum cocks his head. "There is also Gurps Biotech, an excellent
> suppliment for the furry Gurps Gamer."

Excellent sourcebook for ideas involving the created.

Smrgol

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99
Does anyfur remember "Bunnies and Burrows?"

That one goes Waaay back!

Smrgol

~\ /\ /~ Life is too important to be taken seriously.
{o\/o}
\ / Remove xyzzy in E-Mail
oo (You're at the end of the road again)

FDDhp3aA--C-DH+M-PR+T+++W--Z-SmSRLATa++C++nde++h*i+p*sm-

Ostrich! <)

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99
Smrgol <smr...@aol.comxyzzy> wrote:
> Does anyfur remember "Bunnies and Burrows?"

Heh. I've got one of the old blue cover editions by FGU.
I used to play that in high school :)

-Ostrich! <")

Stormrider

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99
Smrgol wrote:

> Does anyfur remember "Bunnies and Burrows?"
>
> That one goes Waaay back!

*smiles*

For the definitive Bunnies and Burrows site, try...

http://www.rit.edu/~nrw3338/

The only RPG with special rules for playing squirrels ;)

--- Stormrider ---

Useful (maybe)
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~u8mjw/DestinyStar/werelinks/index.html

Not so useful (but funny)
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~u8mjw/DestinyStar/totem/index.html

"Just on the border of your waking mind,"
"There lies another time,"
"Where darkness and light are one,"
"And as you tread the halls of sanity,"
"You feel so glad to be unable to go beyond..."

"I have a message from another time."

The Electric Light Orchestra, prolouge to "Time"

Wolfpax01

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99
>Furry Pirates...
>yes exactly what is says anthropomorphic animal pirates.....
>

>Unfortunatly I am not Fond of Pirates, wy couldn't it have been Furry
>Knights.. *L*

Try 'Furry Outlaws', Robinhood the furry way

Creed of the christian werewolf---'We are all creatures of God...some of us are
just More creature than others'

Charlie Luce

Mar 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/5/99
In article <19990304113822...@ng06.aol.com>, Wolfpax01 writes...

>>Furry Pirates...
>>yes exactly what is says anthropomorphic animal pirates.....
>>
>>Unfortunatly I am not Fond of Pirates, wy couldn't it have been Furry
>>Knights.. *L*
>
> Try 'Furry Outlaws', Robinhood the furry way

For anthropomorphics in SF there's the Albedo RPG, if you can find it -- I
don't think it's been in print for some time now; and every once in a while
the Khromat updates us on the status of Other Suns.

Taipe

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
:::A small hole opens up in the ground and a wolf covered in dirt and holding a
shovel pokes his head out.:::

Don't forget about the Breath of Fire seiries.

:::The wolf falls down the hole. You hear a yelp of pain from somewhere down
in the dark hole.:::
---
Taipe
I'm just a wolf trying to play Mahjong with only one wind

Lost Number

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
Taipe <ta...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Don't forget about the Breath of Fire seiries.

Yes.. Quite!

And Final Fantasy 5, 6, and 7 have some, but not as many.
(But they have to be mentioned, o'course ;)

*Muke!

Duncan da Husky

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99
Taipe wrote:
>:::The wolf falls down the hole. You hear a yelp of pain from somewhere down
>in the dark hole.:::

<da Husky stands at the edge of the hole and peers down into the darkness>

Awww...wolf go down da hoooole.

:-)

-Duncan da Husky, who is feeling too silly for this hour of the morning

Tom Brady dun...@uncia.com http://www.technomancer.com/~duncan
Furry: Duncan da Husky SCA: Duncan MacKinnon of Tobermory
"The acceptable response to homosexuality is not 'It's OK, it's not
your choice,' or even, 'It's OK, it *is* your choice,'
but rather, 'So?'" - Amy Gorin

Firemane

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99

Thought I'd share this, since it was so much fun...

During my last Champions session, everyone's favorite furry comedy villain,
Dober-man, passed back into the waiting arms of Anubis.

You see, my character, Firemane, was checking out a few books in the
public library ("Pride of Chanur?... <checks cover, laughs> I'll give it a shot.")

when the GM suggested a perception check. Sure enough, I smelled someone
familiar. Two aisles down, the fursuiter of doom was handing out pamphlets
for the church of DOG.

He wasn't getting many takers.

Well, to make a long story short, I jumped him, and a fight ensued. I almost
got
him... but the tree I uprooted and threw at him (the fight moved outside, btw),
just
narrowly missed, and he flew way the heck up in the air, and threatened to "Rain
cats and dogs upon you! MWAHAHAHA" (I'm not making this up, REALLY!).
He made his final attack, and Firemane was most unpleasantly defeated.

So how did Doberman meet his maker? Well, it seems that, a few miles out of
town, he was taunting a dog. It was an odd thing for him to be doing, considering

his extreme affection for his "doggy brethren". At any rate, the dog, who, to
everyone's surprise, and Doberman's extreme chagrin, retained his 45 points of
Strength, pounced the unsuspecting Doberman, sending him into a nearby tree
and splattering him most unpleasantly. Fursuit and human bits went everywhere.

But that's that the@#!$@!# idiot gets for turning me into a Irish Setter!

Firemane,
who still hasn't explained "furry" to the GM... and who regained his normal
form after been drenched with a fire-hose by a fellow player.

Which was good, because hands are nice for smacking people who turn fire
hoses on you.....

Smrgol

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
Awww...wolf go down da hoooole.

:-)

-Duncan da Husky, who is feeling too silly for this hour of the morning

Reminds me of a story ....

Two guys were out in the woods and came accross a deep hole. "How deep do ya
think it is?" aske one. "Lets throw something in and find out!" his buddy
replies.

They get a small rock and throw it into the hole........ Nothing.
A larger rock ........ Nothing.
A big rock .....Still nothing.

One of the guys goes looking for something larger and comes back with a
railroad tie. Into the hole it goes. A few seconds later a goat comes running
out of the woods and jumps directly into the hole.

As the two are puzzling over this, a farmer comes panting up and says "Did you
guys see a goat come running through here?" "Yes" they answer, "he jumped into
that hole"

"Don't see how" said the farmer "I had him roped to a railroad tie."

Smrgol - who is feeling even siller.

Shin313

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
taipe mumbled with dirt in his mouth :

>:::A small hole opens up in the ground and a wolf covered in dirt and holding
>shovel pokes his head out.:::
>
> Don't forget about the Breath of Fire seiries.

yeah, there was also one out for the SNES that was basically just an evoling
creature. i can't rember it's name though. there are also things like sga
frontier and chrono trigger with furry characters

dan
awwwwwwww, nutbinnies! i can't think of anything funny :)
-me, myself, and i

Taipe

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
:::You hear a voice from the hole:::
I think Breath of Fire is one the most furry RPG's that has come out.
Other than a few for the PC.
Everyone in your party has something furry about them. A guy that turns
into a dragon, a girl with wings, Tigers, moles, plants, wolves, horses, bulls,
Deis' lower half is a snake, and allot more. Oh and I think Momo might be a
Rabbit in BOF3.
Can you tell I like this game?
:::The wolf fumbles around in the dark trying to pick up the mahjong tiles he
droped when he fell:::
Did I leave my flash light up there?

zero

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
Shin313 <shi...@aol.com> wrote:
: taipe mumbled with dirt in his mouth :

:>:::A small hole opens up in the ground and a wolf covered in dirt and holding
:>a
:>shovel pokes his head out.:::
:>
:> Don't forget about the Breath of Fire seiries.
:>
:>

: yeah, there was also one out for the SNES that was basically just an evoling
: creature. i can't rember it's name though. there are also things like sga
: frontier and chrono trigger with furry characters

lavos..(I often confuse it with manos, though) =O Anyway, man...er, lavos,
wasn't the `classical' villain..more like a massive parasite than anything.

: dan

: awwwwwwww, nutbinnies! i can't think of anything funny :)
: -me, myself, and i

--
zero signal
way too obsessed with rpg's, especially square's

DougG A#344

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
On 5 Mar 1999 15:09:03 GMT, luc...@eisner.remove.to.reply.decus.org
(Charlie Luce) wrote:

>For anthropomorphics in SF there's the Albedo RPG, if you can find it -- I
>don't think it's been in print for some time now; and every once in a while
>the Khromat updates us on the status of Other Suns.

If you have a used game store, look for a game called "Space Opera"
It has character generation for ursoids, felines, reptiles, canines,
ect.

We used to throw silacates in for fun.

Also, the original "Other Suns" was published by the same guys. I
have found more than one copy, but I am the only guy I know who has
the accompanying ship book.

Also, if you are an anime fan there is "if you can find it" Teenagers
From Outer Space. Sort of like the Lum stuff without the copywrite.

You can play just about anything you can imagine in this, "They even
leave a space on the sheet to draw your character" We played all
furry games of that regularly.

Just some suggestions.

DougG A#344
Observ...@yahoo.com

Smrgol

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
Hmmm... Space Opera.

Fantasy Games Unlimited ninteen seventy mumble or so.

(Nekomancer goes running to Kimba "Dad, Smrgol's telling stories again!"
Kimba says "Just leave him be, he'll wind down eventually" The vixens roll
their eyes and go back to tending SkyTech, who hasn't noticed the dragon's
ramblings. Others quietly leave) the dragon, unnoticing continues ...

When Scott Bazarre first developed Space Opera there was a group of us playing
games every Thursday night at Waterloo II, the store for F.G.Unltd. Scott
knew I was a draftsman and needed a bit of help. Seems he had neglected to
produce logos for the record sheets to support various factions in the game.
So he asked me to put some together. I only had a black ballpoint, a couple
of coasters and other discs for circle templates, and a ruler. He wanted four
logos. I can only remember two of them now, B.R.I.N.T. was a starburst, and
the Contact Service was two opposing arrows, one with a blunt point, one sharp
enclosed in a circle. The other two escape me. Anyway, these showed up in the
first edition of the game atop each of the blue record sheets. i got a copy of
the game in payment. I later got about 8 or 10 of the 15mm figures that were
developed for the game, human, ursoid, feline & reptillian. Great detail for
such small figures. So that was my small part in gaming history, an uncredited
graphic artist. Oh well.

(Neko peeks out ... "Is he done yet?") };>~

Jeff Mancebo

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99

Smrgol wrote:

> Hmmm... Space Opera.
>
> Fantasy Games Unlimited ninteen seventy mumble or so.

boojum *giggles* happily. "Space Opera lives on here and there. My GM is
currently running an online version of the game on amicon.net. It's alot of fun.
I'm playing a felinemorph character in it! One of the Hani."

boojum the brown bunny

Them thar Sullivan's

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
boojum wrote:

Hack!

> boojum nodnodnods! "Did you know it's still produced? But now it's
> a Gurps Worldbook using the Gurps system."
>
> boojum the brown bunny

The furst B&B game I ever saw used GURPS. That was at a con back in
'86.

Tiger in man's clothing

Them thar Sullivan's

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
Charlie Luce wrote:

Hack!

> For anthropomorphics in SF there's the Albedo RPG, if you can find it
> -- I don't think it's been in print for some time now; and every once
> in a while the Khromat updates us on the status of Other Suns.

Albedo is out again, in a more streamlined version. I have furst and
second editions and prefurr the furst edition.
For anyfur interested, I can get brand new copies of Other Suns from
the original manufacturer for $25US postpaid. If you want a copy, e-mail
me at bright...@hotmail.com

Tiger in Man's clothing

MoonSong01

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99
Tiger in Man's Clothing writes:

>> boojum nodnodnods! "Did you know it's still produced? But now it's
>> a Gurps Worldbook using the Gurps system."
>>
>> boojum the brown bunny

> The furst B&B game I ever saw used GURPS. That was at a con back in
>'86.

The original B&B is a bit older ... '81 or thereabouts, I think. GURPS bought
the rights, rewrote it for their system, and got Groat to do new art.

I've never played the thing, though, and will probably never get the chance.
The folks I game with are still looking askance at Graeme's furry Champions
characters.

MoonSinger

You can't take the wolf out of me, but you have to take it out of my address to
reach me.

Sidhain

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99

>The original B&B is a bit older ... '81 or thereabouts, I think. GURPS
bought
>the rights, rewrote it for their system, and got Groat to do new art.

Yep I played it back then...

>I've never played the thing, though, and will probably never get the
chance.
>The folks I game with are still looking askance at Graeme's furry Champions
>characters.

How dare they!
Of course considering my sister is almost over the top with the animals
herself and she is part of my gaming group, as well as my gaming group being
pretty laid back about everything---and just for the record the APAzine I
get had an article last time about playing "Furry" charecters-- along the
lines of TMNT and other similar concepts in Champions..I cannot recall its
title at this moment..

Skytech

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99
MoonSong01 wrote:

> The original B&B is a bit older ... '81 or thereabouts, I think. GURPS bought
> the rights, rewrote it for their system, and got Groat to do new art.
>
> I've never played the thing, though, and will probably never get the chance.

Have both and also probably will never get anyone to play. What
attracted me the most is the original intent at a 'realistic' RPG. It
was created by a naturalist. I wanted to make the settings with that
real (Yeah, yeah. The animals are intelligent.), POV. Maybe it's the
natualist in *me*.

> The folks I game with are still looking askance at Graeme's furry Champions
> characters.

Can Rheynard join? :)
--
La kashighanta vulpo

Ron Orr... & Tirran

Jul 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/12/99
MoonSong01 <moons...@aol.comwolf> wrote:

> Tiger in Man's Clothing writes:
>
> > The furst B&B game I ever saw used GURPS. That was at a con back in
> >'86.
>

> The original B&B is a bit older ... '81 or thereabouts, I think. GURPS bought
> the rights, rewrote it for their system, and got Groat to do new art.
>
> I've never played the thing, though, and will probably never get the chance.

There's a B&B game supposedly on the schedule at Feral! this
year. It was pushed hard by Silfur, which shouldn't surprise anyone...
;)

Tir'