Visual Basic 2005 and Windows Vista

Steven Jones

Nov 22, 2006, 2:31:28 PM11/22/06
I am currently using VB 2005 Express under XP. I plan to purchase Windows
Vista next year. Will VB continue to work?

Tom Lake

Nov 22, 2006, 6:17:15 PM11/22/06

"Steven Jones" <stev...@aapt.net.au> wrote in message

>I am currently using VB 2005 Express under XP. I plan to purchase Windows
>Vista next year. Will VB continue to work?

Works fine with RTM here.

Tom Lake

Eric

Dec 20, 2006, 8:43:01 AM12/20/06
On Nov 22, 2:31 pm, "Steven Jones" <steven...@aapt.net.au> wrote:
> I am currently using VB 2005 Express under XP. I plan to purchase Windows
> Vista next year. Will VB continue to work?

Watch for a service pack. Their are some kind of debugger issues when
working on Vista.

Older version of VS .NET won't work on Vista: 2002 and 2003.

Oddly, VB6 will work on Vista. Go figure...

By the way, I hope you have 2+ gig of RAM, a huge hard drive, and fast
graphics? If not, stick with XP.