<evil laugh> I'm gonna spew again!

Julia

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
Aggggghh! My bill just came in and for reasons of economy I am down to 1hr per
week. This is not good. In fact it is pure evil and I am considering giving
up eating just so I can have an extra few hours! (This is R E A L L Y
obsessive! I'll have to talk with my phyciatrist!)

On top of the last blow, my only refuge for ever so long now has been X-Files.
And now..<sob> they are replacing <wipes away a tear> it with American
Gothic!<crys for two of remaining 5 mins for this weeks allowance> I haven't
heard much about American Gothic but I don't care. I know that for the last
few Wednesdays there have only been repeats but I don't care, I want X-Files
back! <pout>

Wow! Has anyone ever read the Star Trek books based on the cartoon series? I
don't like the cartoons personally, I prefer the books.

Back to the usual drudgery of a lifetime confined to a small room with a
person up the front bablling and no one listening on Monday. Personally, I
rather prefer school to holidays, it is a lot more social. (Except for the
socials and they are just plain silly!) That reminds me, once my friend's
report card said that she was too anti-social. This was because she spent the
whole time doing her work. Hmmmm....

Oh well, tomorrow night I am going over to a sleep over. This will involve
staying up all night trying to a ouidji (I know that's not how you spell it
and I don't care!) board to work and the rest of the time gossiping about how
much fun we had in 7th grade.

By the way, has anyone ever actually managed to get a ouidji board to work? I
mean apart from 'Exorcist' ? We pretended we did once and spelt out a message
for one of my friends and she was really freaked..funny that.
Does anyone know how to do a sig.? I can't get it to work!

See ya all.
Julia :)

Lord Ventinari

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
jbu...@enternet.com.au (Julia) wrote:

> Aggggghh! My bill just came in and for reasons of economy I am down to
> 1hr per week. This is not good. In fact it is pure evil and I am
> considering giving up eating just so I can have an extra few hours!
> (This is R E A L L Y obsessive! I'll have to talk with my phyciatrist!)

An hour a week?! That is _not_ fair! I'm only allowed an hour a week on
BBS's , but I'm allowed unlimeted access to the Internet. I end up having to
pay just to use the phone, but my sister, who uses the phone just as much as
me, doesn't have to pay!

> Wow! Has anyone ever read the Star Trek books based on the cartoon
> series? I don't like the cartoons personally, I prefer the books.

The original Star Trek series? I've only got one of them, but that is really
good. I've got seven TNG books, and I like all of them, so everyone else go
out and buy them :) Oh, whilst we're on the subject, does anyone read Terry
Pratchett books? They are _really_ funny!

> See ya all. Julia :)

Ummm...Sorry, but I don't remember you! Who are ya, whered'ya come from, all
the normal stuff?!

CYa,

~Daniel I probavly have met you, and just can't remember :)

Lord Ventinari - The Patrician
'What people really want is an assurance that tommorow will be very much
like today.' Terry Pratchett
LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk Dan...@morpork.airtime.co.uk

David Hobson

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> pay just to use the phone, but my sister, who uses the phone just as much as
> me, doesn't have to pay!

Cruelty, isn't it?

> > Wow! Has anyone ever read the Star Trek books based on the cartoon
> > series? I don't like the cartoons personally, I prefer the books.

> The original Star Trek series? I've only got one of them, but that is really
> good. I've got seven TNG books, and I like all of them, so everyone else go
> out and buy them :)

Sorry. Pocket Books can't sell me any more unless they speed up the release
schedule. (And thats for the Voy/TOS/DS9 books as well!).

> Oh, whilst we're on the subject, does anyone read Terry Pratchett books? They
> are _really_ funny!

I've got one or two of them on tape, read by Baldrick himself...

> > See ya all. Julia :)

> Ummm...Sorry, but I don't remember you! Who are ya, whered'ya come from, all
> the normal stuff?!

From the suffix of the address, I'd say australia. :)

David

--
David Hobson
Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk The Nazca Spider!

David Hobson

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96

You'll probably stand more chance of seeing this if I mail it to you rather
than post it.. :)

> Aggggghh! My bill just came in and for reasons of economy I am down to 1hr
> per week.

Eeek!
What do you have to pay? Phone bill? Connect time with your provider?

> obsessive! I'll have to talk with my phyciatrist!)

Erm, don't.. That'll probably cost more. :)

> Wow! Has anyone ever read the Star Trek books based on the cartoon series? I
> don't like the cartoons personally, I prefer the books.

*waves hands*
Yup.
I plead guilty to having read most of them :)
I've got quit a lot of the original series books here, a few next gen, most
of the DS9 and Voyager books as well. So which ones do you prefer?

> socials and they are just plain silly!) That reminds me, once my friend's
> report card said that she was too anti-social. This was because she spent the
> whole time doing her work. Hmmmm....

Can't win. :p

> Does anyone know how to do a sig.? I can't get it to work!

I'd suggest using either Forte Free Agent or WinVN to read your news offline.
Much easier (and it saves on the bill). :)

> See ya all.
> Julia :)

Cya,

Mitchell Litwer

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96

In Article<jburns.81...@enternet.com.au>, <jbu...@enternet.com.au> write:
> From: jbu...@enternet.com.au (Julia)
> Newsgroups: alt.kids-talk
> Subject: <evil laugh> I'm gonna spew again!
> Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 22:06:58

> Aggggghh! My bill just came in and for reasons of economy I am down to 1hr per
> week. This is not good. In fact it is pure evil and I am considering giving
> up eating just so I can have an extra few hours! (This is R E A L L Y
> obsessive! I'll have to talk with my phyciatrist!)
>
> On top of the last blow, my only refuge for ever so long now has been X-Files.
> And now..<sob> they are replacing <wipes away a tear> it with American
> Gothic!<crys for two of remaining 5 mins for this weeks allowance> I haven't
> heard much about American Gothic but I don't care. I know that for the last
> few Wednesdays there have only been repeats but I don't care, I want X-Files
> back! <pout>
>
> Wow! Has anyone ever read the Star Trek books based on the cartoon series? I
> don't like the cartoons personally, I prefer the books.
>
> Back to the usual drudgery of a lifetime confined to a small room with a
> person up the front bablling and no one listening on Monday. Personally, I
> rather prefer school to holidays, it is a lot more social. (Except for the
> socials and they are just plain silly!) That reminds me, once my friend's
> report card said that she was too anti-social. This was because she spent the
> whole time doing her work. Hmmmm....
>
> Oh well, tomorrow night I am going over to a sleep over. This will involve
> staying up all night trying to a ouidji (I know that's not how you spell it
> and I don't care!) board to work and the rest of the time gossiping about how
> much fun we had in 7th grade.
>
> By the way, has anyone ever actually managed to get a ouidji board to work?
> mean apart from 'Exorcist' ? We pretended we did once and spelt out a
message
> for one of my friends and she was really freaked..funny that.
> Does anyone know how to do a sig.? I can't get it to work!
>
> See ya all.
> Julia :)

HEY JULIA,
I DONT BELIEVE IN THAT DUMB GAME BUT, AT A BIRTHDAY ONE OF MY FRIENDS DOES
AND SHE TRIED TO PLAY IT BY HERSELF AND SHE WAS SO SUPRISED WHEN IT DIDN'T
MOVE.
MOUSE

Lord Ventinari

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96

David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

> You'll probably stand more chance of seeing this if I mail it to you
> rather than post it.. :)

I got it nearly straight away, but I am in the UK too, so that might be
it.... :)

>> obsessive! I'll have to talk with my phyciatrist!)

> Erm, don't.. That'll probably cost more. :)

Yeah, and be a complete waste of time, there just aren't any proffesionals
these days<G>

>> Wow! Has anyone ever read the Star Trek books based on the cartoon
>> series? I don't like the cartoons personally, I prefer the books.

> *waves hands* Yup. I plead guilty to having read most of them :) I've

> got quit a lot of the original series books here, a few next gen, most
> of the DS9 and Voyager books as well. So which ones do you prefer?

Coolio! I din't know there were any Voyager books yet, I've seen a few of
the tapes, but no books! I've read one DS9, Birthright, and I thought that
was really neat!

CYa,

~Daniel So I guess you're into Star Trek then :)

Lord Ventinari

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96

David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
> LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

>> pay just to use the phone, but my sister, who uses the phone just as
>> much as me, doesn't have to pay!
> Cruelty, isn't it?

Yup, discrimination<G>

[Star Trek books]

> Sorry. Pocket Books can't sell me any more unless they speed up the
> release schedule. (And thats for the Voy/TOS/DS9 books as well!).

Bummer! Where did you find that out from? Can you still get the books that
have already been released? I haven't seen the Voy ones yet, are they any
good?

[Discworld novels]

> I've got one or two of them on tape, read by Baldrick himself...

Right, that will be the early ones, Colour of Magic? The Light Fantastic?
Equal Rites? or Mort? I think those are the only four out, or have they
released some new ones? I've read every Discworld apart from Pyramids and
his new one Masquerade, and I'll have them as soon as I pay off this 21UKP
debt I got from buying STCCG Cards!

> David

CYa,

~Daniel David, you wanna meet on schMOOze? schmooze.hunter.cuny.edu port
8888 :) Tell me first though<G>

David Hobson

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
LordVe...@qphs.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> [Star Trek books]
> > Sorry. Pocket Books can't sell me any more unless they speed up the
> > release schedule. (And thats for the Voy/TOS/DS9 books as well!).

> Bummer! Where did you find that out from? Can you still get the books that
> have already been released?

They are in the bookcase in the corner. :)

> I haven't seen the Voy ones yet, are they any good?

Some are, there are one or two which look good but are rather thin.

> [Discworld novels]
> > I've got one or two of them on tape, read by Baldrick himself...
>
> Right, that will be the early ones, Colour of Magic? The Light Fantastic?

Yeah, those two. :)

Awwwww.. Shouldn't buy so many..

> ~Daniel David, you wanna meet on schMOOze? schmooze.hunter.cuny.edu port
> 8888 :) Tell me first though<G>

Might do. :)

Lord Ventinari

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96

David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
> LordVe...@qphs.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

>> [Star Trek books]
>>> Sorry. Pocket Books can't sell me any more unless they speed up the
>>> release schedule. (And thats for the Voy/TOS/DS9 books as well!).
>> Bummer! Where did you find that out from? Can you still get the books
>> that have already been released?
> They are in the bookcase in the corner. :)

Hehehehehehe.....What, you got 'em all?

>> I haven't seen the Voy ones yet, are they any good?
> Some are, there are one or two which look good but are rather thin.

The Star Trek acadamy ones are too, but a few of them are OK. Capture the
Flag, the fourth one is good, but No.3 isn't!

>> Right, that will be the early ones, Colour of Magic? The Light
>> Fantastic?
> Yeah, those two. :)

I don't like those two much. They're OK, but the others are much better.

>> his new one Masquerade, and I'll have them as soon as I pay off this
>> 21UKP debt I got from buying STCCG Cards!
> Awwwww.. Shouldn't buy so many..

Actually, it was only one pack! The only problem is, its a 85UKP pack<G>
It's the limeted edition collecters tin, every single card from the Alpha
and Beta set packs. All 363 of them! And they used this fine quality card,
that feels really smooth. 8)

>> ~Daniel David, you wanna meet on schMOOze? schmooze.hunter.cuny.edu
>> port 8888 :) Tell me first though<G>
> Might do. :)

Hehe....OK, but warn me<G>

CYa,

~Daniel I've got my glasses today, hense the 8) smileys!

David Hobson

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96
LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

> > They are in the bookcase in the corner. :)

> Hehehehehehe.....What, you got 'em all?

Most of the original series books (missing about 2, I think), quite a few of
the next gen ones (up to about 30 or so there), all DS9 so far, all but one
voyager so far...

> > Some are, there are one or two which look good but are rather thin.

> The Star Trek acadamy ones are too, but a few of them are OK. Capture the
> Flag, the fourth one is good, but No.3 isn't!

Yeah, bit pricey though - that reminds me of a conversation I had with the
head of Simon & Schuster books (Star Trek) in the UK over a year ago :

Me: Can I ask you why you are charging the same for the normal books as you
are for the Academy, thinner books?
Him: Certainly, its a direct reflection of the dollar price on them, as we
get them all delivered in from the US.
Me: Ok, so, the usual books cost $5.5, and the academy books cost $3.5, and
thats on the back of the book. So why do they both cost 4.5ukp?
Him: I have no idea. I'll get back to you.

I then went an ordered them from a US Importer. Much cheaper.

> I don't like those two much. They're OK, but the others are much better.

Time to visit the library.

> > Awwwww.. Shouldn't buy so many..

> Actually, it was only one pack! The only problem is, its a 85UKP pack<G>

Oh well.. :)

> and Beta set packs. All 363 of them! And they used this fine quality card,
> that feels really smooth. 8)

Bet you won't be playing with those in competitions.

> >> ~Daniel David, you wanna meet on schMOOze? schmooze.hunter.cuny.edu
> >> port 8888 :) Tell me first though<G>
> > Might do. :)

> Hehe....OK, but warn me<G>

Why? Whats odd there?

Lord Ventinari

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96

David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
> LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:
>> David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> They are in the bookcase in the corner. :)
>> Hehehehehehe.....What, you got 'em all?
> Most of the original series books (missing about 2, I think), quite a
> few of the next gen ones (up to about 30 or so there), all DS9 so far,
> all but one voyager so far...

Where do you get all the money for them from? I've only got 6 TNG, but I've
read about 5 more, from the library.

[Ster Trek:Acadamy books]

> Yeah, bit pricey though - that reminds me of a conversation I had with
> the head of Simon & Schuster books (Star Trek) in the UK over a year
> ago :
> Me: Can I ask you why you are charging the same for the normal books as
> you are for the Academy, thinner books? Him: Certainly, its a direct
> reflection of the dollar price on them, as we get them all delivered in
> from the US. Me: Ok, so, the usual books cost $5.5, and the academy
> books cost $3.5, and thats on the back of the book. So why do they both
> cost 4.5ukp? Him: I have no idea. I'll get back to you.

Eh? Do you get them delivered direct? Man, you must be a millionare!

[Discworld]

> Time to visit the library.

Hehehe......Ther'ye good. I'm re-reading the whole collection that I own,
whilst I save up enought money to buy the last two I need<G>

[ST:CCG]

>>> Awwwww.. Shouldn't buy so many..
>> Actually, it was only one pack! The only problem is, its a 85UKP
>> pack<G>
> Oh well.. :)

:) I'm totally out of cash now, so if anyone wants to send me any, I'll be
obliged<G>

>> and Beta set packs. All 363 of them! And they used this fine quality
>> card, that feels really smooth. 8)
> Bet you won't be playing with those in competitions.

Well, maybe some _very_ important competitions<G> Like the one I'm going to
tommorow. You'll have to come up here sometime, we have these Sar Trek
evenings, they're a laugh :) We watch videos, play the card game, test each
other from our quiz books, learn klingon, and tons of other stuff :)

CYa,

~Daniel I might just leae this blank, so that you can't say that I'm
always yabbering on<G> Ooops! Too late, I've already written something, oh
well :)

Love Never Dies

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96
Julia <jbu...@enternet.com.au> wrote:

g'dday... :p

>obsessive! I'll have to talk with my phyciatrist!)

you have one? gee...

>On top of the last blow, my only refuge for ever so long now has been X-Files.
>And now..<sob> they are replacing <wipes away a tear> it with American

they are stopping it coz of the season break, or just quitting totally?

if it's just season break, it'll be back... we just went on break, dunno
on which season we're going, when did the latest on start in states?

>Wow! Has anyone ever read the Star Trek books based on the cartoon series? I

i've read quite a few, borrowed them from shaynna... i wish she'd borrow
me some more... *sigh*

i'v ealso read many tng and ds9 books she has... mostly i guess i prefer
the tng books, best one i've read is "imzadi" and i dont see any other
book taking it's place...

>staying up all night trying to a ouidji (I know that's not how you spell it

what is ouidji? do i want to know?

>and I don't care!) board to work and the rest of the time gossiping about how

hehe...

>By the way, has anyone ever actually managed to get a ouidji board to work? I

ah, it's something i do _not_ wish to know... :p

>Julia :)

mickey

David Hobson

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96
LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

> > few of the next gen ones (up to about 30 or so there), all DS9 so far,
> > all but one voyager so far...

> Where do you get all the money for them from? I've only got 6 TNG, but I've
> read about 5 more, from the library.

Hmph. You only need about 10ukp each month to keep up its not that hard.
I started collecting them though about 7 years ago, and two years ago I had a
big purge to buy up all the books I hadn't got (about 20 then) and I have
a pretty complete library now.
Still too many gaps in the next gen section numbering, but my bookcase is full.
:)

> [Ster Trek:Acadamy books]

> > cost 4.5ukp? Him: I have no idea. I'll get back to you.

> Eh? Do you get them delivered direct? Man, you must be a millionare!

Hehehe <(*evil laugh*)>. Nope, used to work as head of the Star Trek department
in an import store, so I had to get things like that done. We also used to get
the books imported from the states quicker than they admitted they were
actually out here. - Take a recent Pocket Books Star Trek book, get the release
date from either the back or front covers of another book, go to Smiths and
ask about. The two dates don't match (by about 2 months I think is the current
difference).

> :) I'm totally out of cash now, so if anyone wants to send me any, I'll be
> obliged<G>

Pssst: Why not start posting a few Make Money Fasts.. :)
*runs*

> Well, maybe some _very_ important competitions<G> Like the one I'm going to
> tommorow. You'll have to come up here sometime, we have these Sar Trek
> evenings, they're a laugh :) We watch videos, play the card game, test each
> other from our quiz books, learn klingon, and tons of other stuff :)

Indeed. Something to do in the summer. You will have to come down to London
though and go to a LAT meeting at Pages. Super fun. :)

Taryn K.

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, Lord Ventinari wrote:

> The Star Trek acadamy ones are too, but a few of them are OK. Capture the
> Flag, the fourth one is good, but No.3 isn't!

I hate star trek. Can't stand it. At all. But I read Capture the Flag(my
brother is one of them trekkie types)in a moment(hour, actually) of
boredom. I liked it. It was cool :)

Taryn(*sigh* 348 dial in attempts before actually connecting tonight. Blah)
-----
"As long as you have memories, I'm there"
-The Girl in the Box,
by Ouida Sebestyen

Lord Ventinari

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96

"Taryn K." <phw...@freenet.mb.ca> wrote:

> I hate star trek. Can't stand it. At all. But I read Capture the Flag(my
> brother is one of them trekkie types)in a moment(hour, actually) of
> boredom. I liked it. It was cool :)

It's good isn't it! Most people who don't like Star Trek are surprised by
the books, I know it was different. And I like playing Capture the Flag
anyway, so I was a natural for that books! :)

> Taryn(*sigh* 348 dial in attempts before actually connecting tonight.
> Blah)

Yuk! 348? Really, was that Engaged, or line trouble?

CYa,

~Daniel The Top Ten Signs that you are Trek Mad : No.8 You cut off your
hamsters feet to make it into a tribble<G>

David Hobson

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96
LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> It's good isn't it! Most people who don't like Star Trek are surprised by
> the books, I know it was different. And I like playing Capture the Flag
> anyway, so I was a natural for that books! :)

*grin* Two likes in a book.. Off the ceiling with you please. :)

> ~Daniel The Top Ten Signs that you are Trek Mad : No.8 You cut off your
> hamsters feet to make it into a tribble<G>

Thats just sick!

Lord Ventinari

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96

David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
> LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

[Capture the Flag]

> *grin* Two likes in a book.. Off the ceiling with you please. :)

Hehehe.....The Quantum Leap books are quite good as well. I think it was
No.4, but I'm not sure, it was _really_ weird!

>> ~Daniel The Top Ten Signs that you are Trek Mad : No.8 You cut off
>> your hamsters feet to make it into a tribble<G>
> Thats just sick!

Yeah it is, but I thought it was funny. One of my mates went over to Canada
during Easter, and he brought back this book, with tons of questions, and
these lists, and they are _so_ funny! Theres The Top 10 April Fools Jokes On
The Enterprise, The Top 10 Enterpris Bumper Stickers, and tons of others :)

CYa,

~Daniel TT April Fools jokes No.7 : Trap Picard in a schoolroom full of
children and _no_ adults. No 9 : Everyone go round pretending Riker is the
captain.

David Hobson

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96
LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hehehe.....The Quantum Leap books are quite good as well. I think it was
> No.4, but I'm not sure, it was _really_ weird!

Sorry.. I haven't read that many QL books - just one and that was a while ago.
Concentrated more on Star Trek. :)

> these lists, and they are _so_ funny! Theres The Top 10 April Fools Jokes On
> The Enterprise, The Top 10 Enterpris Bumper Stickers, and tons of others :)

"My other ship is a Romulan Warbird"
"I bet he drinks Earl Grey"
I think you need to send me that book. :)

> ~Daniel TT April Fools jokes No.7 : Trap Picard in a schoolroom full of
> children and _no_ adults.

Been done. Remember the episode when he's in the turbolift with 3 kids and it
breaks down??

> No 9 : Everyone go round pretending Riker is the captain.

Now that would be interesting.

Taryn K.

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96

Wahoo! 51 nice new articles to read...hmm. I wonder how many are crossposts?

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Lord Ventinari wrote:
> It's good isn't it! Most people who don't like Star Trek are surprised by
> the books, I know it was different. And I like playing Capture the Flag
> anyway, so I was a natural for that books! :)

up, it was good! It was interesting..definatly different. Capture the
flag(in rl) rules too...

> Yuk! 348? Really, was that Engaged, or line trouble?

Yup. really. I suppose it was just lotta people trying to login at once..

> ~Daniel The Top Ten Signs that you are Trek Mad : No.8 You cut off your
> hamsters feet to make it into a tribble<G>

NOO! Death to all hamster harmers!!
:p

Taryn

Garrett Neese

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96

Lord Ventinari (LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk) writes:

> Hehehe.....The Quantum Leap books are quite good as well. I think it was
> No.4, but I'm not sure, it was _really_ weird!

Which ones have you read? The latest one I have is "Odyssey",
which might be the best one I've read so far, with "Pulitzer" running a
close second.

> ~Daniel TT April Fools jokes No.7 : Trap Picard in a schoolroom full of

> children and _no_ adults. No 9 : Everyone go round pretending Riker is the
> captain.

Hmm.... maybe Q is getting all his ideas from some of these books. :)

Garrett
--
| Garrett Neese + "Everything is negotiable." - Aline Lerner |
| co...@freenet.carleton.ca + "You say you got a real solution, well you |

Lord Ventinari

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96

co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese) wrote:
> Lord Ventinari (LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk) writes:

> Which ones have you read? The latest one I have is "Odyssey", which
> might be the best one I've read so far, with "Pulitzer" running a close
> second.

That was it, Pulitzer. Thats the only one I've read, all the others seem to
be perminatly out! I really enjoyed that one, it was spooky! Well, it wasn't
really, but it was neat<G>

> Hmm.... maybe Q is getting all his ideas from some of these books. :)

Hehehe.....Possibly, but I don't think he has a hamster.

CYa,

~Daniel I want that book<G>

Lord Ventinari

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96

David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
> LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:
>> David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

> Sorry.. I haven't read that many QL books - just one and that was a
> while ago. Concentrated more on Star Trek. :)

So did I really, just last time I was in the library, I saw this QL book,
and thought 'Why not?' Apart from that, I haven't read any of them :)

> "My other ship is a Romulan Warbird" "I bet he drinks Earl Grey" I think
> you need to send me that book. :)

I would do, only it's not mine :) One of my mates got it from Canada, and I
don't think it's available over here. Another funny topic is '20 Things That
Never Happen In Star Trek'

>> ~Daniel TT April Fools jokes No.7 : Trap Picard in a schoolroom full
>> of children and _no_ adults.

> Been done. Remember the episode when he's in the turbolift with 3 kids
> and it breaks down??

Yeah, it was the three competion winners, and they were getting a guided
tour, by Picard of all people. I liked the plauge they gave him at the end
:)

>> No 9 : Everyone go round pretending Riker is the captain.

> Now that would be interesting.

Q did that :)

CYa,

~Daniel 20 Things that never happen it ST, No.2: Wesley Crusher is beat up
by his school mates for being a smarmy git, and is told to get some friends
his own age. No.14: The Enterprise encounters some strange new phenomonon,
that turns out to be an old one in disguise.

David Hobson

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> > Sorry.. I haven't read that many QL books - just one and that was a
> > while ago. Concentrated more on Star Trek. :)

> So did I really, just last time I was in the library, I saw this QL book,
> and thought 'Why not?' Apart from that, I haven't read any of them :)

<whine> I never visit the library though. I always buy mine. :) </whine>

> I would do, only it's not mine :) One of my mates got it from Canada, and I
> don't think it's available over here.

Damn. *mumbles expletives under breath*
Oh well, there is only one thing for it then.
Time to phone up Diamond Direct (importers) and see if I can get a business
account with them. Might do that in the summer.. Or, much easier, just visit
Pages or that Nice Trek shop in London. :)

> > Been done. Remember the episode when he's in the turbolift with 3 kids
> > and it breaks down??

> Yeah, it was the three competion winners, and they were getting a guided
> tour, by Picard of all people. I liked the plauge they gave him at the end

Perhaps he is secretly into S&M ?

> Q did that :)

Q's done most things.

> ~Daniel 20 Things that never happen it ST, No.2: Wesley Crusher is beat up
> by his school mates for being a smarmy git, and is told to get some friends
> his own age.

I don't think a 2 year old would quite appreciate it, somehow. :)

> No.14: The Enterprise encounters some strange new phenomonon, that turns out > to be an old one in disguise.

Done that - the Naked Now/ Naked Time

)

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

In article <nC16...@morpork.airtime.co.uk> LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) writes:
>From: LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari)
>Subject: Re: <evil laugh> I'm gonna spew again!
>Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 17:48:09 BST

>David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
>> LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

>[Capture the Flag]
>> *grin* Two likes in a book.. Off the ceiling with you please. :)

>Hehehe.....The Quantum Leap books are quite good as well. I think it was

>No.4, but I'm not sure, it was _really_ weird!

>>> ~Daniel The Top Ten Signs that you are Trek Mad : No.8 You cut off

>>> your hamsters feet to make it into a tribble<G>

>> Thats just sick!

Actually, one of my friends was about to try that. I got more worried when she
decided not to and was going to use a pair of pliers to make her look like Mr
Spock!! :)

Lord Ventinari

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

jbu...@enternet.com.au (Julia :)) wrote:

> Actually, one of my friends was about to try that. I got more worried
> when she decided not to and was going to use a pair of pliers to make
> her look like Mr Spock!! :)

Hehehehe....I've never heard that one before! You a mad Trekker too, then?
I've just been looking for Trek webpages and I've found tons of neat ones,
but nothing for the Fan Club. If anyone has any info. on the Star Trek
Official Fan Club UK, could they send it to me?

CYa,

~Daniel Enegise, Mr.O'Brian :)

Lord Ventinari

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

>> ~Daniel 20 Things that never happen it ST, No.2: Wesley Crusher is
>> beat up by his school mates for being a smarmy git, and is told to get
>> some friends his own age.
> I don't think a 2 year old would quite appreciate it, somehow. :)

Hehehehe, not as bad as 'No-body loves me' Tarses :) Now, he _is_ sad :)

CYa,

~Daniel Bye bye cn/Qt%! Ah well :)

David Hobson

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> but nothing for the Fan Club. If anyone has any info. on the Star Trek
> Official Fan Club UK, could they send it to me?

BIG waste of money. No, I lie, not BIG, bloody BIG, even bigger than REALLY
BIG. The editor is incompetent, its changed publishers more times than Kira
has changed her hairstyle, and, above all, it doesn't have ANY useful info in
it.
Take out an overseas subscription to the US one. You also get more issues for
less, with that, and its more useful info. :)

David (once a member of the UK fanclub, never again)

David Hobson

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

> > I don't think a 2 year old would quite appreciate it, somehow. :)
> Hehehehe, not as bad as 'No-body loves me' Tarses :) Now, he _is_ sad :)

Well, at least Wes has his mom, and say rather grudginly Picard, Riker and
possibly Data.

> ~Daniel Bye bye cn/Qt%! Ah well :)

What you need to do is a little bit of judiscious snipping with the Ctrl-Copy
keys. :)
Go on, be ruthless.
*smile*

David

Garrett Neese

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

David Hobson (Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk) writes:
> LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

>> > I don't think a 2 year old would quite appreciate it, somehow. :)
>> Hehehehe, not as bad as 'No-body loves me' Tarses :) Now, he _is_ sad :)

Tarses? Wasn't he the one who was found to have Romulan ancestry
in "The Drumhead"?

> Well, at least Wes has his mom, and say rather grudginly Picard, Riker and
> possibly Data.

Well, I'd put Geordi ahead of Riker. And let's not forget Ensign
Lefler. :)

Dave Brown

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

In article <98e61...@nazca.dircon.co.uk>,
David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
: What you need to do is a little bit of judiscious snipping with the Ctrl-Copy
: keys. :)

Hmm.

I have no Copy key on this keyboard.

Although I do have majjjjjjjjjjjjjd`a, which works pretty much as
well...

--Dave
--
32 Dave Brown (INTP, A+), CSC BOFH (LART LART LART LART LART LART LART LART)
"What has my dad created by showing me newsgroups? Only time will tell."

David Hobson

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

Awww. How do you ever manage? :)

> Although I do have majjjjjjjjjjjjjd`a, which works pretty much as
> well...

Not as what our copy keys do.. Our copy key deletes to the right, backspace
and delete delete to the left, and in most editors Ctrl-Copy deletes the line.
For some strange reason, my new keyboard has 'End' instead of 'Copy' on the
keycaps, so I suspect that they've been buying and badging cheap PC crap
off of Olivetti.

Cameron Grant

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

In article <4904...@nazca.dircon.co.uk>
Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk "David Hobson" writes:

> Not as what our copy keys do.. Our copy key deletes to the right, backspace
> and delete delete to the left, and in most editors Ctrl-Copy deletes the line.

is it just me, or is this a highly anti-intuitive thing for a key marked
'copy' to do? or, perhaps, this is some usage of the word 'copy' with which
i am not familiar?

> For some strange reason, my new keyboard has 'End' instead of 'Copy' on the
> keycaps, so I suspect that they've been buying and badging cheap PC crap
> off of Olivetti.

hrm. well, if it bothers you, an orbital sander will do quite a nice job
of fixing that particular problem... :)

--
"And my liking horses isn't related to riding them. So hah. :)" - Kris Dow

Lord Ventinari

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese) wrote:

> Tarses? Wasn't he the one who was found to have Romulan ancestry in
> "The Drumhead"?

Yup, I dunno if you've seen his picture on the Star Trek CCG card, but it is
_so_ sad. And at Forbidden Planet, Liverpool they put this sign up saying
'Simon "Nobody Loves Me" Tarses; Now only 5p!'

> Well, I'd put Geordi ahead of Riker. And let's not forget Ensign
> Lefler. :)

Hehehehe, Robin's laws. No.126(?) A few light years can't keep *good
friends* apart ;)

CYa,

~Daniel What are you talking about anyway? Geordie ahead of Riker? Eh?

Lord Ventinari

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

dagb...@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Dave Brown) wrote:
> In article <98e61...@nazca.dircon.co.uk>, David Hobson
> <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

>> What you need to do is a little bit of judiscious snipping with the

>> Ctrl-Copy keys. :)

> Hmm.

> I have no Copy key on this keyboard.

Neither do I! Oh, wait a min, yes I do! But it doesn't delete stuff! I use
Ctrl-X for that :)

CYa,

~Daniel The amount of typo's that were originally in those three short
sentances was amazing! For some strange reason I can't type tonight!
Hmmm....

Lord Ventinari

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

> BIG waste of money. No, I lie, not BIG, bloody BIG, even bigger than
> REALLY BIG.

Really, why? Why do I get this awful feeling that I'm gonna find out<G>

> its changed publishers more times than Kira has changed her hairstyle,

Really?! That many times!? Wow, amazing :)

> Take out an overseas subscription to the US one. You also get more issues
> for less, with that, and its more useful info. :)

Yeah, how much does it cost? I read the Voyager Special UK Fan Club one, and
it looked quite good! I've got a mate, soon to get connected, who's a
member. Whats in these American ones then?

> David (once a member of the UK fanclub, never again)

Well, that put me off joining the UK Club :)

CYa,

~Daniel How do I join an American one then?

Garrett Neese

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

Lord Ventinari (LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk) writes:

> Yup, I dunno if you've seen his picture on the Star Trek CCG card, but it is
> _so_ sad. And at Forbidden Planet, Liverpool they put this sign up saying
> 'Simon "Nobody Loves Me" Tarses; Now only 5p!'

Well, he had a right to be sad. That Norah Satie was quite harsh
on him. :)

> Hehehehe, Robin's laws. No.126(?) A few light years can't keep *good
> friends* apart ;)

*runs to his Star Trek Encyclopedia* :)

It was #103, and it wasn't one of the original Lefler's Laws, but was
added by Wesley.:)

> ~Daniel What are you talking about anyway? Geordie ahead of Riker? Eh?

Well, it seemed to be about those people who could actually
tolerate Wesley, and Geordi seemed to like him better than Riker, and in
the earlier shows, Picard seemed to have a thinly veiled desire to toss
Wesley through the nearest airlock... or at the very least, "accidentally"
lose his pattern while beaming him up. :)

David Hobson

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

Cameron Grant <gan...@vilnya.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk "David Hobson" writes:

> > and delete delete to the left, and in most editors Ctrl-Copy deletes the
> > line.

> is it just me, or is this a highly anti-intuitive thing for a key marked
> 'copy' to do?

Just you, I think as its perfectly logical for me to use Copy/End in that manner
just as Ctrl-U is useful for eliminating the entire line of text as well
(usually).

> or, perhaps, this is some usage of the word 'copy' with which i am not
> familiar?

Copy: To duplicate and/or screw up.

> hrm. well, if it bothers you, an orbital sander will do quite a nice job

I'm quite happy with 'End' there, I know what it does and what it means and
sod anyone else who doesn't. :)

Kris Dow

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

In article <nC68...@morpork.airtime.co.uk>,

Lord Ventinari <LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk> wrote:
>David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Take out an overseas subscription to the US one. You also get more issues
>> for less, with that, and its more useful info. :)
>> David (once a member of the UK fanclub, never again)
>
>Well, that put me off joining the UK Club :)

See? Look at that. You talk about how wonderful places other than
the US are, but, when it really comes down to it, you're all wannabe
Americans.

;) <grin>

-The quiet one
(Who can't go to school until she's done washing/drying a pair
of jeans, as Tuppy got mud all over the one remaining clean pair I had.
Silly dog.) (Laundry, as you might've guessed, is something that no one
in this house likes doing. Thus, in times of stress, it tends to rather
Not Get Done until absolutely necessary. :)

Lord Ventinari

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese) wrote:
> Lord Ventinari (LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk) writes:

> Well, he had a right to be sad. That Norah Satie was quite harsh on
> him. :)

Hehehe, it served him right though :) I've got the card of her as well :)

> *runs to his Star Trek Encyclopedia* :)
> It was #103, and it wasn't one of the original Lefler's Laws, but was
> added by Wesley.:)

I know Wesley added it, he did it right at the end of the episode, when his
shuttle was about to leave for Earth again, but are you _sure_ it was 103?

> Picard seemed to have a thinly veiled desire to toss
> Wesley through the nearest airlock... or at the very least,
> "accidentally" lose his pattern while beaming him up. :)

Hehehehe.....do you remeber the first few episodes, when Picard got really
annoyed everytime he saw a kid? That was really funny, when Wes saved the
ship, and Picard, grudgingly, thanked him for it. Served him right!

~Daniel I'm back on the _old_ omputer, with the _old_ keyboard, and the
_old_ account, and the _old_ father<G>

Lord Ventinari - The Patrician
'What people really want is an assurance that tommorow will be very much
like today.'

LordVe...@Qphs.airtime.co.uk Dan...@Qphs.airtime.co.uk

Lord Ventinari

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

kr...@news.pgh.net (Kris Dow) wrote:

> you're all wannabe Americans.

Oh, I dunno, I like the sound of Canada, actually :) If I had to choose
anywhere to go on holiday this summer, I'd go over there to see what it's
like. One of my mates went to Toronto over Easter, and he loved it!

CYa,

~Daniel Just look at my eh? count in next weeks aktstat :)

Taryn K.

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Lord Ventinari wrote:

> Neither do I! Oh, wait a min, yes I do! But it doesn't delete stuff! I use
> Ctrl-X for that :)

No copy key on this keyboard, although I do have several deletes, 2
windows keys, some key that doesnt seem to do anything(but is supposed
to bring up a menu or something, from the little picture..

Ctrl-x is send, silly! Ctrl-k is cut...

Taryn
-----
Our Winnipeg Jets will fly forever

Garrett Neese

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Lord Ventinari (LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk) writes:

> Hehehe, it served him right though :) I've got the card of her as well :)

She was quite a character. :)

Hey, that's what it said in the Encyclopedia. :)

> Hehehehe.....do you remeber the first few episodes, when Picard got really
> annoyed everytime he saw a kid? That was really funny, when Wes saved the
> ship, and Picard, grudgingly, thanked him for it. Served him right!

Well, he never really _was_ all that fond of kids... I didn't
exactly see him jumping for joy when he was stuck in a turbolift with the
three kids. :)

Garrett "hoping to get promoted to Executive Officer In Charge of Radishes"
Neese

David Hobson

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

"Taryn K." <phw...@freenet.mb.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Lord Ventinari wrote:

> > Neither do I! Oh, wait a min, yes I do! But it doesn't delete stuff! I use
> > Ctrl-X for that :)

Only for a marked block though. :P

> No copy key on this keyboard, although I do have several deletes, 2

> Ctrl-x is send, silly! Ctrl-k is cut...

Nope, F3 and Enter is send...
(But Ctrl-K is indeed cut)

Lord Ventinari

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

"Taryn K." <phw...@freenet.mb.ca> wrote:

> Ctrl-x is send, silly! Ctrl-k is cut...

Not on my Acorn! It's an offline mail reader, and to send it, you click on
the 'close window' icon, and is says 'Save, Discard or Cancel' You select
save, and it sends it!

CYa,

~Daniel My hands are freezing up here in this cold room! :)

Lord Ventinari

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese) wrote:

> Well, he never really _was_ all that fond of kids... I didn't exactly
> see him jumping for joy when he was stuck in a turbolift with the three
> kids. :)

Hehehe.....I don't think he was _too_ pleased on Captain Picard day
either<G> I don't blame him! Tonight's episode was good though, Masks. I've
seen a few of the cards, and so I knew the general idea, but I liked the bit
when Riker said that they had better talk on the bridge, as the conference
room was a swamp :)

> Garrett "hoping to get promoted to Executive Officer In Charge of
> Radishes" Neese

Hey, you might even get a pip if you're a good boy ;)

CYa,

~Daniel Hmmmmm *smile*

Garrett Neese

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Lord Ventinari (LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk) writes:

> Hehehe.....I don't think he was _too_ pleased on Captain Picard day
> either<G> I don't blame him!

The only drawback is that we never saw Riker's reaction to the
Commander Riker Day that was scheduled the month after that. :)

Tonight's episode was good though, Masks. I've
> seen a few of the cards, and so I knew the general idea, but I liked the bit
> when Riker said that they had better talk on the bridge, as the conference
> room was a swamp :)

That was alright... I just finished watching "The Next Phase"...
that one is good. :) What a lovely funeral. :)

> Hey, you might even get a pip if you're a good boy ;)

Woo-hoo! *admires his shiny new pip*

Garrett

David Hobson

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> the 'close window' icon, and is says 'Save, Discard or Cancel' You select
> save, and it sends it!

Awww. I just get a window which says Save or Kill. You're spoilt for choice
with cancel as well!
Then after I click on Save, up comes the dialog box asking if I want to
Post, Edit or cancel it. :)

> ~Daniel My hands are freezing up here in this cold room! :)

Turn the heating on, or wear gloves. :P

Dave Brown

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

In article <4171e...@nazca.dircon.co.uk>,

:
: Awww. I just get a window which says Save or Kill. You're spoilt for choice
: with cancel as well!

Hmpf.

I get to post with

:wq, :x, or ZZ.

No fair.

--Dave (Or I could use emacs and exit it with ^X^S^X^C...)
--
This post comes to you courtesy of Dave Brown Introduction Services

Mel Battison

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

David Hobson wrote:
: "Taryn K." <phw...@freenet.mb.ca> wrote:
: >No copy key on this keyboard, although I do have several deletes, 2
: >Ctrl-x is send, silly! Ctrl-k is cut...

no! ctrl-^ is cut. ctrl-k is just to delete one line. :pp

: Nope, F3 and Enter is send...

for yours, maybe, but not for us freeneters.

: David

mel - bored. and sore.
--
"I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still too young to care."

Taryn K.

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

On Thu, 2 May 1996, Mel Battison wrote:

> no! ctrl-^ is cut. ctrl-k is just to delete one line. :pp

Geez!~! Picky picky!!!

> : Nope, F3 and Enter is send...
> for yours, maybe, but not for us freeneters.

For me, the F3-F12 keys are shortcut keys.
funfunfun
this is what F3 does:rw...@mail.mbnet.mb.ca
Hehehehe....
someones boreed!!

David Hobson

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

dagb...@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Dave Brown) wrote:

> David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:

> : Awww. I just get a window which says Save or Kill. You're spoilt for choice
> : with cancel as well!

> :wq, :x, or ZZ.

God, no, not vi, please!

> --Dave (Or I could use emacs and exit it with ^X^S^X^C...)

Hey, you do have a choice, you could get away with using either ed or Pico as
well...

Adrienne

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960502...@winnie.freenet.mb.ca>
lqs...@freenet.mb.ca "Mel Battison" writes:

> David Hobson wrote:
> : "Taryn K." <phw...@freenet.mb.ca> wrote:
> : >No copy key on this keyboard, although I do have several deletes, 2
> : >Ctrl-x is send, silly! Ctrl-k is cut...

> no! ctrl-^ is cut. ctrl-k is just to delete one line. :pp

nonono... cut is F5 - alt-l is to delete one line..

--
Adrienne
^

Lord Ventinari

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese) wrote:

> That was alright... I just finished watching "The Next Phase"... that
> one is good. :) What a lovely funeral. :)

Was that the one when Geordi and Ro were phased, or was that another. If it
was that one, then yeah, Data did really well planning that, I wish I'd been
there :)

>> Hey, you might even get a pip if you're a good boy ;)
> Woo-hoo! *admires his shiny new pip*

Eh? Wait a minute! I said that you 'might' get a pip, not that you definatly
would! Those pips are copyrighted RatATron 96!

CYa,

~Daniel Hackers was _really_ good :)

--

Lord Ventinari - The Patrician
'What people really want is an assurance that tommorow will be very much

like today.' Terry Pratchett
LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk Dan...@morpork.airtime.co.uk

Garrett Neese

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

Lord Ventinari (LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk) writes:

> Was that the one when Geordi and Ro were phased, or was that another. If it
> was that one, then yeah, Data did really well planning that, I wish I'd been
> there :)

Yeah, that was it. :) And yesterday they showed "The Inner Light"...
a good episode, and also named after a Beatles song. How much better can
you get? :)

> Eh? Wait a minute! I said that you 'might' get a pip, not that you definatly
> would! Those pips are copyrighted RatATron 96!

Oh. *watches the pip slowly vanish*

David Hobson

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:

> co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese) wrote:

> > Woo-hoo! *admires his shiny new pip*

> Eh? Wait a minute! I said that you 'might' get a pip, not that you definatly

> would! Those pips are copyrighted RatATron 96!

Bah! Who needs a pip when you've got a nice shiny golden harp device/thingy
for your collar instead?
*grin*

David (oops, there goes the Qt)

R. M. Star

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

In article <4mb9ou$3...@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca> dagb...@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Dave Brown) writes:

In article <4171e...@nazca.dircon.co.uk>,
David Hobson <Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
: LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:
: > the 'close window' icon, and is says 'Save, Discard or Cancel' You select
: > save, and it sends it!

: Awww. I just get a window which says Save or Kill. You're spoilt for choice
: with cancel as well!

Hmpf.

I get to post with
:wq, :x, or ZZ.

--Dave (Or I could use emacs and exit it with ^X^S^X^C...)

no point firing up such a huge editor for one article
i use emacs as my newsreader (usign gnus)...

post w/ C-c C-s

ksh

Lord Ventinari

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese) wrote:

> Oh. *watches the pip slowly vanish*

*sigh* Just a sec!

*Defiant decloaks*
*Daniel appears with trusty Varon-T disruptor, pre charged<G>*
*Aims at copyrighty guy*
*kiils im!*
There ya go, One pip :)

CYa,

~Daniel Totally pointless :)

Julia :>

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

In article <4m3l61$r...@freenet-news.carleton.ca> co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese) writes:
>From: co...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Garrett Neese)
>Subject: Re: <evil laugh> I'm gonna spew again!
>Date: 30 Apr 1996 00:00:01 GMT

>Lord Ventinari (LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk) writes:

>> Yup, I dunno if you've seen his picture on the Star Trek CCG card, but it is
>> _so_ sad. And at Forbidden Planet, Liverpool they put this sign up saying
>> 'Simon "Nobody Loves Me" Tarses; Now only 5p!'

> Well, he had a right to be sad. That Norah Satie was quite harsh
>on him. :)

>> Hehehehe, Robin's laws. No.126(?) A few light years can't keep *good
>> friends* apart ;)

> *runs to his Star Trek Encyclopedia* :)

>It was #103, and it wasn't one of the original Lefler's Laws, but was
>added by Wesley.:)

>> ~Daniel What are you talking about anyway? Geordie ahead of Riker? Eh?

> Well, it seemed to be about those people who could actually
>tolerate Wesley, and Geordi seemed to like him better than Riker, and in

>the earlier shows, Picard seemed to have a thinly veiled desire to toss

>Wesley through the nearest airlock... or at the very least, "accidentally"
>lose his pattern while beaming him up. :)

What about that episode just before Wesley goes to the academy and their
shuttle crashes?? Picard was very friendly then!! Also in -The first duty-
Picard goes on about all the regard he has for wesley.
Julia :>

Garrett Neese

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

Julia :> (jbu...@enternet.com.au) writes:

> What about that episode just before Wesley goes to the academy and their
> shuttle crashes?? Picard was very friendly then!! Also in -The first duty-
> Picard goes on about all the regard he has for wesley.

Well, Wesley was a bit older by then... and Picard was more than
likely just happy because Wesley was finally off the Enterprise. :)

Dave Brown

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

In article <FOO.96Ma...@yoda.fdt.net>,
R. M. Star <f...@yoda.fdt.net> wrote:
: In article <4mb9ou$3...@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca> dagb...@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Dave Brown) writes:
: --Dave (Or I could use emacs and exit it with ^X^S^X^C...)

:
: no point firing up such a huge editor for one article

Who said anything about using _GNU_ emacs? Sheesh. It's too big and
too slow (like most of their software *grumble*).

--Dave

The unlucky friend

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

David Hobson (Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk) wrote:
: LordVe...@morpork.airtime.co.uk (Lord Ventinari) wrote:
: > ~Daniel My hands are freezing up here in this cold room! :)

: Turn the heating on, or wear gloves. :P

Yes, fingerless ones, so they don't interfere with your typing, although
they do fall to pieces very much, like mine do
(my typing tip there, one with I am using right now)

terry

who forgot his fingerless gloves on friday (causing someone to say 'you
look different'), and spent lots of time rubbing his hands in discomfort.
A form of withdrawl symptom
who was in a nightclub in lincoln, where they have never heard of goths
(no, I'm not a goth, I just display a reasonable proprtion of the
tendencies) and was asked why he wore fingerless gloves in a club, and
replied 'so if my palms are sweaty noone will notice', and was believed,
ah well

--
Its easy to smile, and hate yourself,
its easy for a while, I know it well.

Riku Saikkonen

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

David Hobson (Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk) wrote:

>dagb...@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Dave Brown) wrote:
>> :wq, :x, or ZZ.
>God, no, not vi, please!

How about ^KS for save, ^KX for quit, ^KB/^KK for marking blocks? ;) (The
editor I usually use, joe, emulating (kind of) WordStar... Should really
take the time to learn vi. :))

>> --Dave (Or I could use emacs and exit it with ^X^S^X^C...)

>Hey, you do have a choice, you could get away with using either ed or Pico as
>well...

/me likes ed. Well, kind of. I used to use EDLIN quite a lot (being the only
working editor in quite a few places, and me having to modify CONFIG.SYS and
AUTOEXEC.BAT), and ed is a big improvement over that. :)

--
-=- Rjs -=- r...@spider.compart.fi - http://isil.lloke.dna.fi/rjs/
I oppose all regulation of encryption.

David Hobson

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

r...@spider.compart.fi (Riku Saikkonen) wrote:

> David Hobson (Da...@nazca.dircon.co.uk) wrote:

> >God, no, not vi, please!

> How about ^KS for save, ^KX for quit, ^KB/^KK for marking blocks? ;)

No, too hard.. F3 for save, Ctrl-Q for quit, Esc-<arrows> for marking blocks
(or F6),Clear block, Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-A for marking either words, lines or the
entire text. Ctrl-C for copy, and Ctrl-K for delete. Much easier to remember. ;)

> editor I usually use, joe, emulating (kind of) WordStar... Should really
> take the time to learn vi. :))

Sicko!

> /me likes ed.

See previous.

> working editor in quite a few places, and me having to modify CONFIG.SYS and
> AUTOEXEC.BAT), and ed is a big improvement over that. :)

I use StrongEd myself. <http://login.eunet.no/~guttorvi/>
(Blatent ad)

David