Can anyone recommend a GOOD news server?

Frederic Hurtubise

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Maybe I am panicking for nothing, but I paid for newscene last night,
and I haven't got my user account yet! I tought that the idea of web
bussiness was to quickly give the product to the user, not let him wait
for a product he never saw!

Is this a scam???

Fred

davefr wrote:

> Woops, meant newscene vs supernews..
>
> On Wed, 05 May 1999 03:28:40 GMT, dav...@REMOVETHISpacifier.com
> (davefr) wrote:
>
> >Giganews seems pretty good lately. It seems they've finally fixed a
> >lot of their problems.
> >
> >I've tried Remarq and their web based news is terrible. I assume
> >their std. news is just as slow.
> >
> >I believe Onlynews gives you a free 7 day trial. I was dissappointed
> >but they claim they were installing new servers and to try again. I
> >haven't as yet.
> >
> >Altopia get's pretty good feedback but I think they still have the
> >infamous waiting list. (sounds like they have no intention of adding
> >capacity)
> >
> >Supernews seems to get pretty positive comments.
> >

> >On Mon, 03 May 1999 20:38:42 GMT, b0...@i.am (SMuRFY) wrote:
> >

> >>I am in the market for a news server, the one i use now just doesnt
> >>have the retention and loses alot of posts. I've been looking at
> >>newsguy.com & airnews.net and was wondering what other news service
> >>providers were out there? and if you recommend them?
> >>
> >>Thanks for any inof you might have, also if you could reply via email
> >>as well as on the newsgroup it would be greatly appreciated. I
> >>wouldnt want to miss anything. :)
> >>
> >>Ryan Boehner aka SMuRFY

RERAT

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
Jim
news.freenet.net does not work.

add: news.internext.fr where you can post.
29K+ groups binaries
news.dsuper.net can't post
34K+ groups binaries

--

Good Luck Rich/rerat ICQ#25518975

Email Address(es):

re...@netzero.net or
rera...@yahoo.com

My Username is { rerat } for both ICQ (#25518975) and AOL Instant Messenger
(AIM)

(RRR-NEWS) <message rule>

James Allan Kynes <jmz.t...@beer.com> wrote in message
> news.startrek.com
> news.freenet.net
> news.swinternet.net
>
> --
> "Give not unto the actor his props before his time, for as surely as the
sun
> does rise in the East and set in the West, he will lose or break them. "

Tom Joyce

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
On Tue, 04 May 1999 07:11:04 GMT, jus...@home.com ((A) -WingNut-)
wrote:

>In article <372f07b2...@news.andara.com>, b0...@i.am says...
>I checked this one out last night. It seems that they have ALOT
>to offer, including a server DEDICATED just for binaries !!
>
>www.newsfeeds.com

Tried them.......many incomplete posts and very slow. Still looking.

Regards,
Tom