Help with site search

This First>sueh@netconnect.com.au Sue Henderson

Sep 30, 2003, 2:20:04 AM9/30/03
Can anyone help me please?

I am trying to create a website which has a search facility on it, that is a
search site not search web.

Front page has some primitive searching but the reset button does not work.

Does any one know of a freely available script that does not require Pearl
or other fancy things that will give me the search facility. I am a beginer,
please don't talk dirty sorry technical to me.

I have looked on a few of those script sites and can see scripts for
everything but a search site.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sue

Art Sackett

Sep 30, 2003, 3:10:29 AM9/30/03
"Sue Henderson" < <Remove This First>su...@netconnect.com.au> wrote:
> Can anyone help me please?

Yes, but not for the price of hearing the word "please". ;-)

> Does any one know of a freely available script that does not require Pearl
> or other fancy things that will give me the search facility. I am a beginer,
> please don't talk dirty sorry technical to me.

Go with brucie's suggestions for remotely hosted searching, and be done
with it for now. Later on, when you're not such a newless cluebie, er,
uh, 'scuse me, "beginer", you can focus on making something truly whiz
bang golly gee cool.

Now, about the talking dirty part... I'm already flambibulating my
tremendous gonkulator...

--
Art Sackett,
Patron Saint of Drunken Fornication

andy johnson

Sep 30, 2003, 8:04:21 AM9/30/03
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 06:20:04 GMT, "Sue Henderson" <<Remove This
First>su...@netconnect.com.au> wrote:

>Can anyone help me please?
>
>I am trying to create a website which has a search facility on it, that is a
>search site not search web.

I use Freefind, see Brucies link, and it works great. It uses meta
keywords, add them to reflect the pages content. Dump frontdisaster.

-
Andy

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes) (this email addy is never checked...)