Cyberstalking? No.

Ben Goodridge

Jul 1, 2001, 8:57:42 PM7/1/01
Not too long ago, I finished the first three chapters of my novel and went
online to various writer's resource clearinghouses to find a little
information on how to flog it about the publishing world. Sure, there's
scads of groovy information along those lines, but my attention was,
briefly, diverted by a "Writer's Beware" page on the website of the Science
Fiction Writers of America, a group to whom I intend to send my four boxtops
for their secret decoder ring as soon as possible.

"Writer's Beware" is a list of subsidy and scam publishers that one should
probably keep one's eye on, including "publishers" that never actually
produce books, or "agents" who receive kickbacks from publishing companies
to flog certain books, and it warns of all the same things--no one should
have to pay to publish, reputable agents don't charge reading fees...if
you've ever had a story idea burning a hole in your forehead, you know
whereof I speak.

Needless to say, all these resources seemed to orbit around the name "Jayne
Hitchcock." For those of you who don't know, Ms. Hitchcock fell afoul of the
"Woodside Literary Agency," a fraud run by Ursula Sprachmann and James
Leonard. In '96, Frick and Frack spammed hundreds of newsgroups with an
"Agents Seeking Writers" type thing. However, Woodside charged reading fees,
never actually sold a book, and accepted any manuscript, no matter how bad.
(For a fee, of course.) (A group of writers got together online to produce
the worst prose possible and sent it to them; they got the same "We loved
your story!" form letter as everyone else.)

Jayne Hitchcock was one of the most prominent people to blow the whistle on
them. Sprachmann and Leonard tried to shut her up by mailbombing her,
claiming she was worthless as a writer and out for revenge, threatening
random people in other newsgroups using her name, posting salacious X-rated
sex-seeking messages on .alt newsgroups in her name...These last actually
contained her name and address, and Hitchcock started receiving perveted
phone calls in the middle of the night from as far afield as Germany. Other
forgeries in her name were sent to the place where she works, almost getting
her fired, and her actual agency, place of employment, and husband also
received massive letter bombs.

If it makes you feel any better, Sprachmann and Leonard eventually went up
on federal mail fraud, perjury, and conspiracy charges, were forced to
return all the money, and are going up in civil court. Their attempts to
block the legal system by using all the weasel-lawyer tricks like
countersuits and failing to show up for court appearances all worked against
them, and they pleaded guilty to all counts in Federal court. Sentencing is
pending. Still, reading the tone and voice of the messages I was hearing
about in the online-abuse cases I was reading, I could feel my hackles going
up.

One of the roses to grow out of this pile of shit was WHOA, "Working to Halt
Online Abuse," a not-for-profit organization that lobbies to bring justice
for victims of cyber-stalking. It seems that the usual prologue to
cyber-stalking is online harassment.

I began to get a serious and pervading case of the creeps.

A woman in a Worcester, MA chat room gets into an argument with someone who
"just doesn't like her name." As the flames burned brighter, she started to
get detailed accounts of personal information--where she lived, what kind of
car she drove, where she'd been earlier that day, her daughter's name. Only
by dragging the whole thing under the eye of the media did she get any help
from law enforcement, even after she started receiving serious death
threats.

On the same page as that case study and others were the following tips.

Cyberstalkers feel they are anonymous and can get away with anything.
When caught, most say they didn't mean to do it or that they didn't intend
for it to go so far.
Most incidents are NOT related to romance-gone-sour; far more often it's
stranger-to-stranger.
There may be as many as 475,000 online victims each year.

My case of the creeps started getting stronger and stronger, and I began to
glance over my shoulder in the direction of New Jersey.

Not only that, around the same time I was doing this research, Governor
Angus King of Maine put cyberstalking in the headlines by signing into law
an amendment to MRSA section 210, revising the Maine statutes to include
cyberstalking--which now includes "communicating by electronic means with a
person with the intent to harass, annoy, or alarm that person," according to
the MRSA 210 summary. This newly signed law goes into effect on September
17, 2001. New Jersey Assembly 731 pended a similar, if a little more vague,
amendment at around the same time.

I began to get really, really, REALLY nervous. It's a common fact that I
can't post anything on this site without getting an excremental diatribe
from a certain core faction, and the source of those diatribes was starting
to fall neatly into the profile described both by the Maine Revised Statutes
and the anti-stalking watchdog organizations, nor can I e-mail this source
and ask him to stop without receiving similar verbal vandalism.

It seems pretty clear that when Kamatu is posting something like "Fuck you,
you white-trash cocksucking motherfucker," there is a deliberate attempt
afoot to create a hostile and threatening environment. But is Kamatu a
cyberstalker? Time for more research.

I ultimately decided that the verdict was "no." Drinks his weight in
Haterade once a day, perhaps, but not a stalker. While his behavior does
fall firmly within the definition of "harassment:"

He has never made threats against me or my property.
While he may be able to find out where I live or work, he's made no efforts
that I know of to find these places, nor has he shown up at them.
He has never put me in a position where I felt under attack. Having a toxic
tongue, fortunately, is still protected.
He has not "spoofed" in my name in an attempt to incite the ire of others
against me or damage my reputation.
He's made no attempt to extort money from me, nor has he put my income under
threat.
And he lacks persistence, in that he says nothing toxic until I say
something.

In sum, he's a toothless lion, having never done anything to actively hurt
me, my family, my friends, or my job. He's never sent me mailbombs or
unwanted pornography, nor has he attacked my site, nor do I hold a prominent
position of hatred on his. It's almost as if he read the same research I
did, finding out exactly how far he can go before he breaks the law, and
then toes that line.

In sum, I'd say that what's happening here is that Kamatu is trying to keep
people from posting by being as hostile as he can possibly be without
actually doing anything that might put him in danger. There's really nothing
else beyond it except for an extreme desire to make me go away. (Good luck.)
He wants to make people not want to post here.

But how far will he go to make that happen?

Kamatu HAS gotten "worse." Used to be one could have a rational conversation
with the man without being put on his hate-list. If there's a progressive
pattern involved here, then I think Kamatu needs keeping an eye on. Online
harassment is often a progressive thing, starting with the kind of
bombardment Kamatu enjoys and often concluding with a bullet in the head. In
fact, according to the Cyberstalking Education and Awareness website:

<<People assume "it's just a bunch of words. How can this affect me?" Online
harassment can get to the point where your harasser bombards you with
messages of hate and obscenity and eventually traces your home phone number
and address, bringing Cyberstalking into the real world. Today,there is an
increasing number of cases where the stalking of a person begins through the
Internet and eventually escalates into real world stalking.>>

I've occasionally warned Kamatu that he's put himself in a lot of danger,
that one day he's going to pick on someone who's just a little crazier than
he is, someone who will probably make him regret posting his real name and
address online. The watchdog thing isn't just to see if he himself gets
worse, but is also for his protection. It wouldn't take a judge with a
liberal definition of "cyberstalking" to give Kamatu trouble, just one crazy
in the area. Whatever he may have done, he doesn't deserve what he might
attract.

Ben Goodridge
bgoo...@maine.rr.com
www.animal-man.com

The resources cited in this post can be accessed at the following websites:
http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~dabrent/380/webproj/jessica.html
http://www.haltabuse.org/resources/index.shtml
http://www.jahitchcock.com/cyberstalked/
http://www.sfwa.org/Beware/

Kamatu

Jul 1, 2001, 9:49:38 PM7/1/01
It's good to be King.

Ben, thanks for making me what I have become today, an icon amongst the
readers of this newsgroup.

Please, send all your "cyber-stalking" complaints and legal motions of
intent to prosecute to:

Jim Hershey
PO Box 3055
Toms River, NJ 08756

You're really bordering on trying to make everyone think you're Ron the
Werebutt.
Now, run along and find some more trash on your mountain that you can whine
about, this particular whine is just too laughable.

I guess you won't be coming to the New Jersey Get Together?

"Ben Goodridge" <bgoo...@maine.rr.com> wrote in message

--
Kamatu
King of AHWW

Silver Waer

Jul 1, 2001, 11:51:55 PM7/1/01

Kamatu <ad...@ahww.net> wrote in message

> It's good to be King.

Um hmmm...make sure you flush your throne :o)

> Ben, thanks for making me what I have become today, an icon amongst the
> readers of this newsgroup.

Yep, yer muh heeroe!

> Please, send all your "cyber-stalking" complaints and legal motions of
> intent to prosecute to:
>
> Jim Hershey
> PO Box 3055
> Toms River, NJ 08756
>
> You're really bordering on trying to make everyone think you're Ron the
> Werebutt.
> Now, run along and find some more trash on your mountain that you can
whine
> about, this particular whine is just too laughable.

I'm pretty sure ronny's gotten a holt a some s/w to munge his
headers.Orthographicly speaking it "just ain't his style". The words are to
big and flowery. Ben's stuff is not as gramatical and his sentences are
usually run on. Naw, this is the same weirdo : ronny.

> I guess you won't be coming to the New Jersey Get Together?

*rolls eyes* Lunch in a deli does not cocnstitute a howl. Well.....may be in
JERSEY!!!!!!

Lina Inverse

Jul 2, 2001, 2:30:35 PM7/2/01
Please stick to authoring. You aren't good, but at least you are better
at it than being a lawyer. Thanks a bundle.

Just a small point, but since you have no real obligation to participate
in these flame wars, yet do does that mean I can now put you in jail? It
takes 2 to tango, so lets not forget who keeps participating. Maybe
smash could put you in jail for your obvious harassment of him for
riding an ORV?

This has got to be the most retarded attempt to scare someone into
silence that I have seen so far. However, wouldn't that violate the very
law you are trying to quote?

Anyway, have a nice day.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

barbara turner/ moonwolf

Jul 2, 2001, 5:40:00 PM7/2/01
Ben Goodridge posted: >"Writer's Beware" is

a list of subsidy and
> scam publishers that one should
> probably keep one's eye on
Is Morris Press in there? :) >My case of the

creeps started getting
> stronger and stronger, and I began to
> glance over my shoulder in the direction
> of New Jersey.
My, my...you certainly give Kamatu a lot of power.

>He has never put me in a position where
> I felt under attack.
(eyes widening in surprise) You certainly could have fooled me, judging
from your other posts in the past and your description of "harassment"
earlier. Or does "harassment" not count as an attack? I do believe
you're whistling past the graveyard.

>And he lacks persistence, in that he says
> nothing toxic until I say something.
What is this supposed to mean? He says plenty of stuff I suppose you
would label "toxic" to people other than you. Or do you mean he says
nothing toxic to you until you say something? Why should he say
anything, toxic or not, to you until you post something?

>In sum, he's a toothless lion, having
> never done anything to actively hurt me,
> my family, my friends, or my job. He's
> never sent me mailbombs or unwanted
> pornography, nor has he attacked my
> site, nor do I hold a prominent position
> of hatred on his.
Why, do you want all this? Kamatu has never threatened to do any of
this to anyone....he's used a lot of insulting terms. Big woop, as my
kids say....if someone is going to insult me I respect an honest curse
word more than this example of a maundering, mealy-mouthed,
self-righteous attempt at a flame you've posted here about Kamatu.

>He wants to make people not want to
> post here.
No, if you would actually read his posts, he recently posted about what
he feels needs to be done to make this group on-topic. Posting about
how the woods get trashed by nasty people and trying to make Kamatu into
a potential Big Bad (cyberstalker?) Wolf are definitely not on-topic, in
my book. Leave the psychology to those trained in it. And you're so
worried about Kamatu's safety? Give me a break...you're just trying to
make yourself look like the Quintessential Good Guy. This is one of the
most ridiculous flames I've ever seen anywhere.
Moonwolf

**************************
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to
favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation are men who want crops
without plowing up the ground; they want rain without thunder and
lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many
waters." - Frederick Douglass

Kamatu

Jul 2, 2001, 5:39:33 PM7/2/01

"Lina Inverse" <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message

> Please stick to authoring. You aren't good, but at least you are better
> at it than being a lawyer. Thanks a bundle.
>
> Just a small point, but since you have no real obligation to participate
> in these flame wars, yet do does that mean I can now put you in jail? It
> takes 2 to tango, so lets not forget who keeps participating. Maybe
> smash could put you in jail for your obvious harassment of him for
> riding an ORV?
>
> This has got to be the most retarded attempt to scare someone into
> silence that I have seen so far. However, wouldn't that violate the very
> law you are trying to quote?

He was trying to scare me?
I should save this then, in case I need it in court.
I hate getting harrassed on-line.

Lina Inverse

Jul 2, 2001, 7:56:44 PM7/2/01

Kamatu wrote:

> "Lina Inverse" <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message
> > Please stick to authoring. You aren't good, but at least you are better
> > at it than being a lawyer. Thanks a bundle.
> >
> > Just a small point, but since you have no real obligation to participate
> > in these flame wars, yet do does that mean I can now put you in jail? It
> > takes 2 to tango, so lets not forget who keeps participating. Maybe
> > smash could put you in jail for your obvious harassment of him for
> > riding an ORV?
> >
> > This has got to be the most retarded attempt to scare someone into
> > silence that I have seen so far. However, wouldn't that violate the very
> > law you are trying to quote?
> >

> He was trying to scare me?
> I should save this then, in case I need it in court.
> I hate getting harrassed on-line.

You know, I wonder just how hard the judge would laugh when they throw a
whole bunch of insulting posts in front of him, and then you throw a
whole bunch of threats of physical harm in front of him. I wonder who
ben thinks he is fooling here :)

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Kamatu

Jul 2, 2001, 8:52:04 PM7/2/01

> Kamatu wrote:
> >
> > "Lina Inverse" <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message
> > > Please stick to authoring. You aren't good, but at least you are
better
> > > at it than being a lawyer. Thanks a bundle.
> > >
> > > Just a small point, but since you have no real obligation to
participate
> > > in these flame wars, yet do does that mean I can now put you in jail?
It
> > > takes 2 to tango, so lets not forget who keeps participating. Maybe
> > > smash could put you in jail for your obvious harassment of him for
> > > riding an ORV?
> > >
> > > This has got to be the most retarded attempt to scare someone into
> > > silence that I have seen so far. However, wouldn't that violate the
very
> > > law you are trying to quote?
> > >

> > He was trying to scare me?
> > I should save this then, in case I need it in court.
> > I hate getting harrassed on-line.
>
> You know, I wonder just how hard the judge would laugh when they throw a
> whole bunch of insulting posts in front of him, and then you throw a
> whole bunch of threats of physical harm in front of him. I wonder who
> ben thinks he is fooling here :)

I rather enjoyed the threat of harm disguised as a concern for my well
being.

Kamatu

Jul 2, 2001, 9:35:09 PM7/2/01
A few added notes:

"Ben Goodridge" <bgoo...@maine.rr.com> wrote in message

...that my alias was spoofed because you can't provide a single message that
had my headers on it, in which I said those very words.

> there is a deliberate attempt
> afoot to create a hostile and threatening environment. But is Kamatu a
> cyberstalker? Time for more research.
>
> I ultimately decided that the verdict was "no." Drinks his weight in
> Haterade once a day, perhaps, but not a stalker. While his behavior does
> fall firmly within the definition of "harassment:"
>
> He has never made threats against me or my property.

But I have received them from others in this newsgroup.

> While he may be able to find out where I live or work, he's made no
efforts
> that I know of to find these places, nor has he shown up at them.
> He has never put me in a position where I felt under attack. Having a
toxic
> tongue, fortunately, is still protected.
> He has not "spoofed" in my name in an attempt to incite the ire of others
> against me or damage my reputation.

Hmm... done by Ron Porrier aka Ron the Werebat towards me....
Thanks for building a good case against him.

> He's made no attempt to extort money from me, nor has he put my income
under
> threat.

This brings to mind a cookbook.

> And he lacks persistence, in that he says nothing toxic until I say
> something.

Sounds like you've learned to pull the trigger on the flamethrower.
Leave it to you, if that flamethrower burns down your house, to go sue the
manufacturer for not putting a trigger lock on it.

> In sum, he's a toothless lion, having never done anything to actively hurt
> me, my family, my friends, or my job. He's never sent me mailbombs or
> unwanted pornography, nor has he attacked my site, nor do I hold a
prominent
> position of hatred on his. It's almost as if he read the same research I
> did, finding out exactly how far he can go before he breaks the law, and
> then toes that line.

No, I prefer to laugh and point when you start this damn whining.
"He hasn't done anything towards me, but I'll go on and on and on about
stalking and use his name alot."

Thank you counselor, can we get back on track now and quit going off on
these tangents designed only to distract the jury from the facts?

> In sum, I'd say that what's happening here is that Kamatu is trying to
keep
> people from posting by being as hostile as he can possibly be without
> actually doing anything that might put him in danger.

Yeah, seems to me someone is trying to stop Kamatu from posting by being as
stupid as possible, without actually saying anything.

> There's really nothing
> else beyond it except for an extreme desire to make me go away. (Good
luck.)

I don't want you to go away.
I want you to stop all your fucking whining about trash on your mountain,
how ORVers suck, how hikers are next to God, and how you are being stalked
but not really.

It's really very plain. And it's the right thing to do.

> He wants to make people not want to post here.
>
> But how far will he go to make that happen?
>
> Kamatu HAS gotten "worse." Used to be one could have a rational
conversation
> with the man without being put on his hate-list. If there's a progressive
> pattern involved here, then I think Kamatu needs keeping an eye on. Online
> harassment is often a progressive thing, starting with the kind of
> bombardment Kamatu enjoys and often concluding with a bullet in the head.
In
> fact, according to the Cyberstalking Education and Awareness website:

Oh look, I don't have to threaten anyone, Ben will do my threatening for me.
So, when someone actually does finally get killed for posting here, just
remember it was kamatu that did it, because Ben Goodridge once posted that
Kamatu would one day.

*yawn*

> <<People assume "it's just a bunch of words. How can this affect me?"
Online
> harassment can get to the point where your harasser bombards you with
> messages of hate and obscenity and eventually traces your home phone
number
> and address, bringing Cyberstalking into the real world. Today,there is an
> increasing number of cases where the stalking of a person begins through
the
> Internet and eventually escalates into real world stalking.>>

And you've already said these things have never happened.
You do read what you write, or do you just type in the dark?

> I've occasionally warned Kamatu that he's put himself in a lot of danger,

Do you hear violins?

> that one day he's going to pick on someone who's just a little crazier
than
> he is, someone who will probably make him regret posting his real name and
> address online.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for all those dozens of people who have threatened
to break various parts of my body, strick me with various heavy objects
ranging from rocks to automobiles, and all those people in Raleigh to
finally make it up to New Jersey. It's been 4 years, I don't think they's a
coming.

> The watchdog thing isn't just to see if he himself gets
> worse, but is also for his protection. It wouldn't take a judge with a
> liberal definition of "cyberstalking" to give Kamatu trouble, just one
crazy
> in the area. Whatever he may have done, he doesn't deserve what he might
> attract.

Gee, Ben cares.
Eat shit Ben.

Lina Inverse

Jul 3, 2001, 5:38:07 PM7/3/01

I noticed Ben seems not to mind too much that far worse was posted by
Ron. Quite hypocritical of him.

> > there is a deliberate attempt
> > afoot to create a hostile and threatening environment. But is Kamatu a
> > cyberstalker? Time for more research.
> >
> > I ultimately decided that the verdict was "no." Drinks his weight in
> > Haterade once a day, perhaps, but not a stalker. While his behavior does
> > fall firmly within the definition of "harassment:"
> >
> > He has never made threats against me or my property.
>
> But I have received them from others in this newsgroup.

Like always it is only wrong when a royal does it. Others can behave as
poorly as they like as long as they hate Kamatu, and secretly despise
the rest of the royal family.

> > While he may be able to find out where I live or work, he's made no
> efforts
> > that I know of to find these places, nor has he shown up at them.
> > He has never put me in a position where I felt under attack. Having a
> toxic
> > tongue, fortunately, is still protected.
> > He has not "spoofed" in my name in an attempt to incite the ire of others
> > against me or damage my reputation.
>
> Hmm... done by Ron Porrier aka Ron the Werebat towards me....
> Thanks for building a good case against him.

Is he fighting for or against his point now?

> > He's made no attempt to extort money from me, nor has he put my income
> under
> > threat.
>
> This brings to mind a cookbook.

Which reminds me, has chucky given up?

> > And he lacks persistence, in that he says nothing toxic until I say
> > something.
> >

> Sounds like you've learned to pull the trigger on the flamethrower.
> Leave it to you, if that flamethrower burns down your house, to go sue the
> manufacturer for not putting a trigger lock on it.

This was confusing, does ben wish to imply that you only insult him?

> > In sum, he's a toothless lion, having never done anything to actively hurt
> > me, my family, my friends, or my job. He's never sent me mailbombs or
> > unwanted pornography, nor has he attacked my site, nor do I hold a
> prominent
> > position of hatred on his. It's almost as if he read the same research I
> > did, finding out exactly how far he can go before he breaks the law, and
> > then toes that line.
> >

> No, I prefer to laugh and point when you start this damn whining.
> "He hasn't done anything towards me, but I'll go on and on and on about
> stalking and use his name alot."

That was interesting wasn't it :) Of course, to stalk ben you might
actually have to follow him to other groups. I like how you are so
sinister to be just trying to stalk him without breaking the law. That
was a good one. Why do you do it kamatu? What in your life made Ben so
important that you researched all the laws and are now doing just enough
to be legal? We know it couldn't possible be that you are just a
participant in AHWW. You must actually wish to harm ben.

> Thank you counselor, can we get back on track now and quit going off on
> these tangents designed only to distract the jury from the facts?

I have a feeling that by this point the jury will need some rubber
pants.

> > In sum, I'd say that what's happening here is that Kamatu is trying to
> keep
> > people from posting by being as hostile as he can possibly be without
> > actually doing anything that might put him in danger.
>
> Yeah, seems to me someone is trying to stop Kamatu from posting by being as
> stupid as possible, without actually saying anything.

Seems to me that enough threats have been made by ben's friends that it
might be assumed Kamatu is in a small amount of danger. Of course, for
someone to actually show up on his doorstep might involve them being
employed, or having some sort of free transportation. Not too likely
among his enemies.

> > There's really nothing
> > else beyond it except for an extreme desire to make me go away. (Good
> luck.)
>
> I don't want you to go away.

He'll do that on his own in a couple of days anyway.

> I want you to stop all your fucking whining about trash on your mountain,
> how ORVers suck, how hikers are next to God, and how you are being stalked
> but not really.

I am a weredolphin, but I don't care much for water, have no fins, have
normal human skin, never think too much of the fishes, and eat a lot of
tuna. At least ron was blatantly nuts.

> It's really very plain. And it's the right thing to do.

and the tasty way to do it.

> > He wants to make people not want to post here.
> >
> > But how far will he go to make that happen?
> >
> > Kamatu HAS gotten "worse." Used to be one could have a rational
> conversation
> > with the man without being put on his hate-list. If there's a progressive
> > pattern involved here, then I think Kamatu needs keeping an eye on. Online
> > harassment is often a progressive thing, starting with the kind of
> > bombardment Kamatu enjoys and often concluding with a bullet in the head.
> In
> > fact, according to the Cyberstalking Education and Awareness website:
> >

> Oh look, I don't have to threaten anyone, Ben will do my threatening for me.

Yeah, how many words can he fit in your mouth? I didn't even know you
owned a gun. I mean, wouldn't people rip you up for being pro gun if you
had admitted it in some old post? I do like the tendancy of many people
to get flustered and make threats on themselves for you. "If Kamatu ever
threatened my life I would sue him a lot" Is it just an attempt to look
like a little bitch?

> So, when someone actually does finally get killed for posting here, just
> remember it was kamatu that did it, because Ben Goodridge once posted that
> Kamatu would one day.

What if someone just gets killed in general? I am sure ben can lump that
on you also.

> *yawn*
>
> > <<People assume "it's just a bunch of words. How can this affect me?"
> Online
> > harassment can get to the point where your harasser bombards you with
> > messages of hate and obscenity and eventually traces your home phone
> number
> > and address, bringing Cyberstalking into the real world. Today,there is an
> > increasing number of cases where the stalking of a person begins through
> the
> > Internet and eventually escalates into real world stalking.>>
> >

> And you've already said these things have never happened.
> You do read what you write, or do you just type in the dark?

"Kamatu has done nothing that would classify as stalking, but is
stalking me."

> > I've occasionally warned Kamatu that he's put himself in a lot of danger,
>
> Do you hear violins?

With so much caring ben should be in the red cross, or at least able to
figure out how to pick up garbage on his own.

> > that one day he's going to pick on someone who's just a little crazier
> than
> > he is, someone who will probably make him regret posting his real name and
> > address online.
>
> Yeah, I'm still waiting for all those dozens of people who have threatened
> to break various parts of my body, strick me with various heavy objects
> ranging from rocks to automobiles, and all those people in Raleigh to
> finally make it up to New Jersey. It's been 4 years, I don't think they's a
> coming.

You know, there is that possibility that somedy some fruitbasket would
do such things. However, they would probably more likely be looking for
an easy victim. Someone who might be easy to dupe because they trust
anyone who says they are a werewolf and hates Kamatu.

> > The watchdog thing isn't just to see if he himself gets
> > worse, but is also for his protection. It wouldn't take a judge with a
> > liberal definition of "cyberstalking" to give Kamatu trouble, just one
> crazy
> > in the area. Whatever he may have done, he doesn't deserve what he might
> > attract.
> >

> Gee, Ben cares.
> Eat shit Ben.

Hey, it is the new AHWW action figure, eat and shit Ben.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

Silver Waer

Jul 3, 2001, 7:50:23 PM7/3/01

Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message
Hmmmmmm...

> > > there is a deliberate attempt
> > > afoot to create a hostile and threatening environment. But is Kamatu a
> > > cyberstalker? Time for more research.
> > >
> > > I ultimately decided that the verdict was "no." Drinks his weight in
> > > Haterade once a day, perhaps, but not a stalker. While his behavior
does
> > > fall firmly within the definition of "harassment:"
> > >
> > > He has never made threats against me or my property.
> >
> > But I have received them from others in this newsgroup.
>
> Like always it is only wrong when a royal does it. Others can behave as
> poorly as they like as long as they hate Kamatu, and secretly despise
> the rest of the royal family.

Oh thats no secret dear :o)

> > > While he may be able to find out where I live or work, he's made no
> > efforts
> > > that I know of to find these places, nor has he shown up at them.
> > > He has never put me in a position where I felt under attack. Having a
> > toxic
> > > tongue, fortunately, is still protected.
> > > He has not "spoofed" in my name in an attempt to incite the ire of
others
> > > against me or damage my reputation.
> >
> > Hmm... done by Ron Porrier aka Ron the Werebat towards me....
> > Thanks for building a good case against him.
>
> Is he fighting for or against his point now?

Are you talking to me??!?!?!? Are you talking to me!!?!?

> > > He's made no attempt to extort money from me, nor has he put my income
> > under
> > > threat.
> >
> > This brings to mind a cookbook.
>
> Which reminds me, has chucky given up?

Childs play...

> > > And he lacks persistence, in that he says nothing toxic until I say
> > > something.
> > >

> > Sounds like you've learned to pull the trigger on the flamethrower.
> > Leave it to you, if that flamethrower burns down your house, to go sue
the
> > manufacturer for not putting a trigger lock on it.
>
> This was confusing, does ben wish to imply that you only insult him?

Everywon needs a little personal attn. sometimes...

> > > In sum, he's a toothless lion, having never done anything to actively
hurt
> > > me, my family, my friends, or my job. He's never sent me mailbombs or
> > > unwanted pornography, nor has he attacked my site, nor do I hold a
> > prominent
> > > position of hatred on his. It's almost as if he read the same research
> > > did, finding out exactly how far he can go before he breaks the law,
and
> > > then toes that line.
> > >

> > No, I prefer to laugh and point when you start this damn whining.
> > "He hasn't done anything towards me, but I'll go on and on and on about
> > stalking and use his name alot."
>
> That was interesting wasn't it :) Of course, to stalk ben you might
> actually have to follow him to other groups.

*jumping around* OooH Oooh! whers he post???

> I like how you are so
> sinister to be just trying to stalk him without breaking the law. That
> was a good one. Why do you do it kamatu? What in your life made Ben so
> important that you researched all the laws and are now doing just enough
> to be legal?

Bekaws BeN is teh feerce wearwolf!!! And KaMatu is teh ryvel wearwolef adn
tehy are goyeng tue fite in teh ring uf deth!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!

>We know it couldn't possible be that you are just a
> participant in AHWW. You must actually wish to harm ben.

Tehy aer areche emeniees!!!

> > Thank you counselor, can we get back on track now and quit going off on
> > these tangents designed only to distract the jury from the facts?
>
> I have a feeling that by this point the jury will need some rubber
> pants.

Aer tehy edibel?

> > > In sum, I'd say that what's happening here is that Kamatu is trying to
> > keep
> > > people from posting by being as hostile as he can possibly be without
> > > actually doing anything that might put him in danger.
> >
> > Yeah, seems to me someone is trying to stop Kamatu from posting by being
as
> > stupid as possible, without actually saying anything.

WHOO HOOO!!!! i hace a frend tehn :o)

> Seems to me that enough threats have been made by ben's friends that it
> might be assumed Kamatu is in a small amount of danger. Of course, for
> someone to actually show up on his doorstep might involve them being
> employed, or having some sort of free transportation. Not too likely
> among his enemies.

i no haw tue ried teh frayt tranes :o)

> > > There's really nothing
> > > else beyond it except for an extreme desire to make me go away. (Good
> > luck.)
> >
> > I don't want you to go away.
>
> He'll do that on his own in a couple of days anyway.

he hace a jawb colecting cans in teh forset trails...

> > I want you to stop all your fucking whining about trash on your
mountain,
> > how ORVers suck, how hikers are next to God, and how you are being
stalked
> > but not really.
>
> I am a weredolphin, but I don't care much for water, have no fins, have
> normal human skin, never think too much of the fishes, and eat a lot of
> tuna. At least ron was blatantly nuts.

rawn wuz teh waer skwerel.adn yuo has teh natsy leeshins awn yor legs,,,soe
yor sckin is nawt normel.

> > It's really very plain. And it's the right thing to do.
>
> and the tasty way to do it.

yuo eet yor skabz???

> > > He wants to make people not want to post here.
> > >
> > > But how far will he go to make that happen?
> > >
> > > Kamatu HAS gotten "worse." Used to be one could have a rational
> > conversation
> > > with the man without being put on his hate-list. If there's a
progressive
> > > pattern involved here, then I think Kamatu needs keeping an eye on.
Online
> > > harassment is often a progressive thing, starting with the kind of
> > > bombardment Kamatu enjoys and often concluding with a bullet in the
head.
> > In
> > > fact, according to the Cyberstalking Education and Awareness website:
> > >

> > Oh look, I don't have to threaten anyone, Ben will do my threatening for
me.

> Yeah, how many words can he fit in your mouth? I didn't even know you
> owned a gun. I mean, wouldn't people rip you up for being pro gun if you
> had admitted it in some old post? I do like the tendancy of many people
> to get flustered and make threats on themselves for you. "If Kamatu ever
> threatened my life I would sue him a lot" Is it just an attempt to look
> like a little bitch?

taht is whytefelz jawb.

> > So, when someone actually does finally get killed for posting here, just
> > remember it was kamatu that did it, because Ben Goodridge once posted
that
> > Kamatu would one day.
>
> What if someone just gets killed in general? I am sure ben can lump that
> on you also.

ben hace lumps? own his bresteseses???

> > *yawn*
> >
> > > <<People assume "it's just a bunch of words. How can this affect me?"
> > Online
> > > harassment can get to the point where your harasser bombards you with
> > > messages of hate and obscenity and eventually traces your home phone
> > number
> > > and address, bringing Cyberstalking into the real world. Today,there
is an
> > > increasing number of cases where the stalking of a person begins
through
> > the
> > > Internet and eventually escalates into real world stalking.>>
> > >

> > And you've already said these things have never happened.
> > You do read what you write, or do you just type in the dark?
>
> "Kamatu has done nothing that would classify as stalking, but is
> stalking me."

he is in teh korn stalks!!!!

> > > I've occasionally warned Kamatu that he's put himself in a lot of
danger,

> > Do you hear violins?
>
> With so much caring ben should be in the red cross, or at least able to
> figure out how to pick up garbage on his own.

A gubamint jawb wood be gude!

> > > that one day he's going to pick on someone who's just a little crazier
> > than
> > > he is, someone who will probably make him regret posting his real name
and
> > > address online.
> >
> > Yeah, I'm still waiting for all those dozens of people who have
threatened
> > to break various parts of my body, strick me with various heavy objects
> > ranging from rocks to automobiles, and all those people in Raleigh to
> > finally make it up to New Jersey. It's been 4 years, I don't think
they's a
> > coming.
>
> You know, there is that possibility that somedy some fruitbasket would
> do such things. However, they would probably more likely be looking for
> an easy victim. Someone who might be easy to dupe because they trust
> anyone who says they are a werewolf and hates Kamatu.

beter git anuther dawg tehn. adn a baysebal baT...

> > > The watchdog thing isn't just to see if he himself gets
> > > worse, but is also for his protection. It wouldn't take a judge with a
> > > liberal definition of "cyberstalking" to give Kamatu trouble, just one
> > crazy
> > > in the area. Whatever he may have done, he doesn't deserve what he
might
> > > attract.
> > >

> > Gee, Ben cares.
> > Eat shit Ben.
>
> Hey, it is the new AHWW action figure, eat and shit Ben.

Genital Ben? he wace a bare!

> --
> Safari D. Whitelion

Wanderer

Jul 16, 2001, 2:20:37 AM7/16/01
Dear Moonwolf,

To quote your own message, "Leave the psychology to those people trained for
it". Ben has merely seen fit to remind us that online hatemail is not
grounds for harassment, whether through a newsgroup or not. Even though
someone might threaten to block your contacts with a publishing company,
call your mother, or even contact your church in an effort to accuse you of
pedophilia (all of which have been blasted at me through this NG), a threat
is no grounds for legal action.

Yours wolfishly,

The back-from-St.-Louis,

(and now over the flu)

Wanderer**wand...@ticnet.com
Where am I going?I don't quite know.
What does it matter where people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow.
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I*don't know!

barbara turner/ moonwolf

Jul 16, 2001, 8:09:49 AM7/16/01
Wanderer posted:
>Dear Moonwolf
<snip> This first
admonition of his, to listen to my own words, made no sense to me in the
context of the message. I even went back and read the initial
thread...and it /still/ seems way out of context. I /do/ find it
interesting that Wanderer addresses me, who didn't even use his name in
any of the earlier posts on this thread (when, as I recall, Kamatu and
maybe Safari did). He knows I'm not going to make obscene posts about
him or threaten him, as some others do, so he feels safe in goading me?
As the song says, "It don't impress me much..." :)
Moonwolf, who /is/ trained in psychology

****************************
The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no
conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a s#&$ whether you
live or die. There, you feel better now?
          ---Dennis Miller

Silver waer

Jul 16, 2001, 8:07:29 PM7/16/01

Wanderer <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in message

> Dear Moonwolf,
>
> To quote your own message, "Leave the psychology to those people trained
for
> it". Ben has merely seen fit to remind us that online hatemail is not
> grounds for harassment, whether through a newsgroup or not. Even though
> someone might threaten to block your contacts with a publishing company,
> call your mother, or even contact your church in an effort to accuse you
of
> pedophilia (all of which have been blasted at me through this NG), a
threat
> is no grounds for legal action.

*pouty face* Hey...how come you get all teh attention? :o(
Hey d00d..did you get that book I sended yuo? The won about homesteading in
AlasKa?
SW

Wanderer

Jul 17, 2001, 3:53:13 AM7/17/01
Silver waer wrote in message ...

>*pouty face* Hey...how come you get all teh attention? :o(

Be patient, young one .. someday, you, too, shall be privileged to bear the
accusations of people too cowardly to openly say things.:)

>Hey d00d..did you get that book I sended yuo? The won about homesteading in
>AlasKa?

As a matter of fact, yes ... thanks much!:) While, as you warned, it may be
a little dated, it certainly covers as much territory as possible.:)

Yours wolfishly,

The ever-reading,

Kamatu

Jul 17, 2001, 9:47:16 AM7/17/01

> Silver waer wrote in message ...
> >

> >*pouty face* Hey...how come you get all teh attention? :o(
>
> Be patient, young one .. someday, you, too, shall be privileged to bear
the
> accusations of people too cowardly to openly say things.:)

*sproing* ?!?!?!?!? Gee, if anyone else hides their true feelings about your
pathetic ass, we might have to open up a new newsgroup just for you.

> >Hey d00d..did you get that book I sended yuo? The won about homesteading
in
> >AlasKa?
>
> As a matter of fact, yes ... thanks much!:) While, as you warned, it may
be
> a little dated, it certainly covers as much territory as possible.:)
>
> Yours wolfishly,
>
> The ever-reading,
>
> Wanderer**wand...@ticnet.com
> Where am I going?I don't quite know.
> What does it matter where people go?
> Down to the woods where the bluebells grow.
> Anywhere! Anywhere! *I*don't know!

Lina Inverse

Jul 17, 2001, 3:26:56 PM7/17/01

Wanderer wrote:

> Silver waer wrote in message ...
> >

> >*pouty face* Hey...how come you get all teh attention? :o(
>
> Be patient, young one .. someday, you, too, shall be privileged to bear the
> accusations of people too cowardly to openly say things.:)

I aways said wanderer talked behind people's backs and was proud of it.
I didn't realize to what extent he had taken it. That was a lovely
sentiment.

--
Safari D. Whitelion

ZenLoaf

Jul 17, 2001, 8:58:16 PM7/17/01

Wanderer <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in message

> Silver waer wrote in message ...
> >

> >*pouty face* Hey...how come you get all teh attention? :o(
>
> Be patient, young one .. someday, you, too, shall be privileged to bear
the
> accusations of people too cowardly to openly say things.:)

Wheeeeeee!!!

> >Hey d00d..did you get that book I sended yuo? The won about homesteading
in
> >AlasKa?
>
> As a matter of fact, yes ... thanks much!:) While, as you warned, it may
be
> a little dated, it certainly covers as much territory as possible.:)

Ah...good..I have another one that deals with 'Living off the land' via
organic farming methods and etc.You wanna?
ZW

ZenLoaf

Jul 17, 2001, 9:02:20 PM7/17/01

Lina Inverse <mak...@bestweb.net> wrote in message
I always said.....um..what was it I always say again? OH YEAH! SnarF is a
stupid butt head stinky cat-pee smelling sissy! heh heh eh heh...DANCE FOR
MEE POPPET!!111!!
ZenLoaf