GE Profile dishwasher not draining all the way

autonut843

Dec 5, 2005, 6:01:13 PM12/5/05
Hi, I have a contractor grade GE Profile dishwasher that is cleaning
dishes as well as it ever has, but the water never really drains all
the way. It always leaves about 1 1/2 to 2" of water in the bottom.
Not a spill/leak hazard, it just doesn't seem right.
If I start a cycle and immediately press the cancel button, it will
drain a little more out. Do that a few times and it will eventually
get down to about 1/4 inch of water.
Any thoughts? Anything to try to adjust?
Thanks

tra...@optonline.net

Dec 5, 2005, 6:10:15 PM12/5/05
Check the drain hose for blockage or kinking.

tinac...@sbcglobal.net

Dec 5, 2005, 9:19:31 PM12/5/05
Don't know about GE but have seen some that there was a filter in the
bottom that would get partial clogged and water would stand in bottom.
So look for such as that could be yoir problem
Jack

buffalobill

Dec 5, 2005, 9:38:05 PM12/5/05
you are mixing dirty water into your clean water wash water. wash
dishes by hand until you fix this with help for you now at:

http://applianceguru.com/

http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_9.asp

philkryder

Dec 6, 2005, 2:03:16 AM12/6/05
check the manual

some models keep a small amount of water in the bottom to cover the
turbidity sensor.

Appliance Repair Aid

Dec 6, 2005, 7:44:03 AM12/6/05

No model# posted :(

-Some- possible trouble makers....
http://www.applianceaid.com/gedishdrain.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/drain_wash.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

autonut843

Dec 6, 2005, 4:10:55 PM12/6/05
Thanks! Here is the model number.
MOD GSD4030Z07WW

Appliance Repair Aid

Dec 7, 2005, 8:06:28 AM12/7/05

autonut843 wrote:
> Thanks! Here is the model number.
> MOD GSD4030Z07WW

Pay extra attention to these items as they can distort and cause
incomplete drain outs....

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=821081
Piston assembly for check valve
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=824346
Check valve assembly
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=270293
Back flush flapper valve ( this is inside the check valve assembly )

http://tinyurl.com/8rzwx
Part breakdown.

Odyssey...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2006, 10:02:10 PM1/1/06
I had the same problem and replaced the piston assembly for check
valce. The rubber washer was worn. Works perfectly now