wind in the fireplace insert

ma...@rainside.sk

Feb 2, 2007, 7:43:39 PM2/2/07
Hello,

i'm having trobles with my fireplace insert. I'm having a quite tall
chimney and from some reason, there's no top or bottom damper in the
chimney. When's a windy weather, it makes very unpleasant noise in the
fireplace inseft, i hear the wind very loud.

How this can be solved please ?

Matt

Don Phillipson

Feb 2, 2007, 7:54:23 PM2/2/07
<ma...@rainside.sk> wrote in message

Instal a damper between insert and chimney.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

German Jerry

Feb 3, 2007, 3:17:39 PM2/3/07
I was having trouble with street noise and pigeon cooing noise coming
from my fireplace chimney. It was quite annoying especially at night.
I put in a chimney balloon to buffer the noise and it has helped quite
a bit. It seems to have stopped some of the cold air passage as well.
I also put out some of those pigeon spikes near the top of the chimney
but that didnt deter the little flying rats.